Mobile Audio Competitors Organization
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE LOUDEST SPORT ON EARTH!

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Joint Finals a success. USACI numbers down due to very remote (from USACI) location but better than expected. Results posted on web site.
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» STETSOM 7KD
need help asap!!!! Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2020 7:37 pm by big bass joel

» any blown stetsom 7kd or 2k6d amps for sale
need help asap!!!! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2020 7:32 pm by big bass joel

» We need the forums back
need help asap!!!! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2019 2:41 pm by svillarrial

» THIS OLD FORUM IS ALIVE!!!! 6/14/17
need help asap!!!! Icon_minitimeFri Sep 22, 2017 11:11 pm by 80INCHES

» It's back up !
need help asap!!!! Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2016 7:03 pm by chrisfish

» 2 Atomic apocalypse 12s D4
need help asap!!!! Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2016 12:53 am by supersquirt

» well hello
need help asap!!!! Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2015 5:46 am by TAMU

» WELLLWELLL
need help asap!!!! Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 4:24 pm by Nice

» SLAMBOREE AUG 1 & 2
need help asap!!!! Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2015 12:14 pm by Pro_Mom

Top posters
sanman
need help asap!!!! Vote_lcapneed help asap!!!! Voting_barneed help asap!!!! Vote_rcap 
The_Rowlands
need help asap!!!! Vote_lcapneed help asap!!!! Voting_barneed help asap!!!! Vote_rcap 
chrisfish
Stingraysevenout
scionsoloxb
TECH114
Alan
supadave
Moparbass28
Navi
Statistics
We have 1855 registered users
The newest registered user is Farenheit

Our users have posted a total of 222582 messages in 12665 subjects
Keywords
finals louisiana kyle disc dollar contest build Johncarr chef world pics songs drive 80inches crzyblondgrl stereo crank quad 2010 broken state records Audiopipe silence record globe
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of United States Autosound Competition International on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of Mobile Audio Competitors Organization on your social bookmarking website

need help asap!!!!

Go down 
+5
shadescustomtint
hunterw
bjfails
Stingraysevenout
GQQSE13
9 posters
AuthorMessage
GQQSE13
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
GQQSE13

Number of posts : 78
Registration date : 2009-02-25

need help asap!!!! Empty
PostSubject: need help asap!!!!   need help asap!!!! Icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2009 12:37 am

so i finally got my new components installed and 4 channel wired up. have a really bad high pitched sound that keeps going (like the sound you get from power being too close to rca's.) i checked and my RCA's aren't anywhere near the power wires. its odd that it just started happening once the wires were fran from head unit to the amp. i tried some of those ground loop isolator's on the fronts, rears and sub RCA's but no luck. the only thing i found odd was that when my sub RCA's aren't hooked up i get maybe half the sound in my components. i've enver heard of this before my buddies been installing for about 8 years and has never ran into this before. he thinks it maybe something bad with the headunit or possibly wiring harness. i dunno since i've never had this problem until now.

anyone else have this trouble before or have other things to check

headunit-Pioneer AVIC-D3
RCA's- kicker (subwoofer) stinger stage 3 (4 channel)
power is ran on the driver's side and the rca's are all ran on the passenger side

lemme know if have any ideas; else i guess i'll have to re-wire components to run off head unit for saturday's comp
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/scotspitch56
Stingraysevenout
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
Stingraysevenout

Number of posts : 6002
Registration date : 2007-06-23

need help asap!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: need help asap!!!!   need help asap!!!! Icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2009 1:34 am

Check the outputs on the deck!! try a cheapy reg deck and those rca's.. If no high pitch then .. Its the Deck... Im a Pioneer Dealer and i hate to say they are notorieas for that.... Thats always the first thing i try and 95% of the time its the Deck
Back to top Go down
bjfails
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
bjfails

Number of posts : 269
Registration date : 2008-10-19

need help asap!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: need help asap!!!!   need help asap!!!! Icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2009 7:53 am

Are you running front and rear RCAs to the amp? If so unplug one set and leave only 2 channels hooked up. What brand head unit? I have seen this on Kenwoods quite a bit.
Back to top Go down
http://www.hardkoreaudio.com
GQQSE13
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
GQQSE13

need help asap!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: need help asap!!!!   need help asap!!!! Icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2009 8:17 am

its on a pioneer. figures, cuz i can't afford a new one right now; especially an indash navi (plus i like the d3) and ionly had about 1.5 years. if it turns out to be my deck, is there anything i can do to fix it or anything like that?

yea running front and rears.
Back to top Go down
hunterw
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
hunterw

Number of posts : 1172
Registration date : 2007-11-04

need help asap!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: need help asap!!!!   need help asap!!!! Icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2009 8:41 am

when i get used to get whine from my decks i would just ground an rca back to the deck. i dunno how it works with the navi screens and what not though. never had one Sad
Back to top Go down
bjfails
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
bjfails

Number of posts : 269
Registration date : 2008-10-19

need help asap!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: need help asap!!!!   need help asap!!!! Icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2009 9:12 am

Did you unplug one set of RCAs? Did the whine go away?
Back to top Go down
http://www.hardkoreaudio.com
shadescustomtint
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
shadescustomtint

Number of posts : 1631
Registration date : 2007-11-28

need help asap!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: need help asap!!!!   need help asap!!!! Icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2009 9:34 am

Engine noise sucks to deal with but Jimbo is right it is the most difficult thing to deal with. Pioneer deck cost me a ring, it lost ground in rca's a poof poof poof. Try seperating power and ground on diff sides of car try better deck better rca's all just trial and error if you plug up new deck and it goes away guess what its the deck have fun be safe
Back to top Go down
usacijt
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
usacijt

Number of posts : 67
Registration date : 2009-02-18

need help asap!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: need help asap!!!!   need help asap!!!! Icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2009 10:54 am

hey goose I know you are having problems right now but are you still going to be at paulies show?
Back to top Go down
Gabe Sanchez
Above Average Contributor
Gabe Sanchez

Number of posts : 666
Registration date : 2007-06-26

need help asap!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: need help asap!!!!   need help asap!!!! Icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2009 10:55 am

I can tell you how to test the D3 for bad RCA's. I may be able to fix it as well. Let me know.
Back to top Go down
AceFrealy
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
AceFrealy

Number of posts : 266
Registration date : 2008-04-29

need help asap!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: need help asap!!!!   need help asap!!!! Icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2009 12:05 pm

hunterw wrote:
when i get used to get whine from my decks i would just ground an rca back to the deck. i dunno how it works with the navi screens and what not though. never had one Sad

If it turns out to be the deck I would try this I've had it work also
Back to top Go down
S.L.A.B.
S.L.A.B.

Number of posts : 571
Registration date : 2008-07-14

need help asap!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: need help asap!!!!   need help asap!!!! Icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2009 2:03 pm

Unplug each speaker output one at time from the amp, If the noise stops you have a cut wire grounding out. This will not always make a amp go into protect and cause radio noise
Back to top Go down
Gabe Sanchez
Gabe Sanchez

need help asap!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: need help asap!!!!   need help asap!!!! Icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2009 6:05 pm

If you unplug while the radio is on you have a chance of blowing the safety circuit on a Pioneer head unit.
Back to top Go down
GQQSE13
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
GQQSE13

need help asap!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: need help asap!!!!   need help asap!!!! Icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2009 8:59 pm

well got it all fixed. we grounded all 3 sets of RCA's.
Back to top Go down
Stingraysevenout
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
Stingraysevenout

need help asap!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: need help asap!!!!   need help asap!!!! Icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2009 9:17 pm

Gabe Sanchez wrote:
If you unplug while the radio is on you have a chance of blowing the safety circuit on a Pioneer head unit.

THUS,,, the reason for the whine now... I see it on a daily basis and shake my head.

I was agreeing with Gabe bye the way, that is usually what happens when you do that..... Then they one day will go poof. especially grounding them unless Gabe told ya to do it.
Back to top Go down
Gabe Sanchez
Gabe Sanchez

need help asap!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: need help asap!!!!   need help asap!!!! Icon_minitimeSat Apr 04, 2009 1:34 am

you only needed one ground, they are all tied together.
Back to top Go down
Stingraysevenout
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
Stingraysevenout

need help asap!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: need help asap!!!!   need help asap!!!! Icon_minitimeSat Apr 04, 2009 1:58 am

I usually go on to say i just replace the radio. But its easy when ya got at least 30 pioneers in stock......... wooo hooo
Back to top Go down
GQQSE13
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
GQQSE13

need help asap!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: need help asap!!!!   need help asap!!!! Icon_minitimeSat Apr 04, 2009 8:18 am

haha yea; i dont feel like buying another doubledin navi; and not really a fan of the new ones anyways. (still wish i had my old premiere out of my old truck. i loved that thing)
Back to top Go down
Stingraysevenout
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
Stingraysevenout

need help asap!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: need help asap!!!!   need help asap!!!! Icon_minitimeSat Apr 04, 2009 2:49 pm

yup the older ones in my opinion are better... Gabe will probly kill me for saying that but..... Him too i bet.
Back to top Go down
Gabe Sanchez
Gabe Sanchez

need help asap!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: need help asap!!!!   need help asap!!!! Icon_minitimeSat Apr 04, 2009 5:30 pm

I have older ones for a reason, lol.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

need help asap!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: need help asap!!!!   need help asap!!!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

need help asap!!!!
Page 1 of 1