Mobile Audio Competitors Organization
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE LOUDEST SPORT ON EARTH!

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Joint Finals a success. USACI numbers down due to very remote (from USACI) location but better than expected. Results posted on web site.
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» STETSOM 7KD
Quick question for anyone that can answer Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2020 7:37 pm by big bass joel

» any blown stetsom 7kd or 2k6d amps for sale
Quick question for anyone that can answer Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2020 7:32 pm by big bass joel

» We need the forums back
Quick question for anyone that can answer Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2019 2:41 pm by svillarrial

» THIS OLD FORUM IS ALIVE!!!! 6/14/17
Quick question for anyone that can answer Icon_minitimeFri Sep 22, 2017 11:11 pm by 80INCHES

» It's back up !
Quick question for anyone that can answer Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2016 7:03 pm by chrisfish

» 2 Atomic apocalypse 12s D4
Quick question for anyone that can answer Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2016 12:53 am by supersquirt

» well hello
Quick question for anyone that can answer Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2015 5:46 am by TAMU

» WELLLWELLL
Quick question for anyone that can answer Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 4:24 pm by Nice

» SLAMBOREE AUG 1 & 2
Quick question for anyone that can answer Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2015 12:14 pm by Pro_Mom

Top posters
sanman
Quick question for anyone that can answer Vote_lcapQuick question for anyone that can answer Voting_barQuick question for anyone that can answer Vote_rcap 
The_Rowlands
Quick question for anyone that can answer Vote_lcapQuick question for anyone that can answer Voting_barQuick question for anyone that can answer Vote_rcap 
chrisfish
Stingraysevenout
scionsoloxb
TECH114
Alan
supadave
Moparbass28
Navi
Statistics
We have 1855 registered users
The newest registered user is Farenheit

Our users have posted a total of 222582 messages in 12665 subjects
Keywords
records 80inches state stereo pics Audiopipe crank Johncarr record build quad 2010 louisiana songs contest chef kyle drive disc silence dollar finals broken crzyblondgrl globe world
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of United States Autosound Competition International on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of Mobile Audio Competitors Organization on your social bookmarking website

Quick question for anyone that can answer

Go down 
+7
thunderchicken
scionsoloxb
hunterw
bruce-bruce
quad box
TeamSpead-Kenny
grandpointkiller
11 posters
AuthorMessage
grandpointkiller
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
grandpointkiller

Number of posts : 319
Registration date : 2007-10-09

Quick question for anyone that can answer Empty
PostSubject: Quick question for anyone that can answer   Quick question for anyone that can answer Icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2009 7:11 pm

Will adding 6-7 layers of Dynamat change your vehicle's peak frequency?
Back to top Go down
http://www.everythingcaraudio.blogspot.com
TeamSpead-Kenny
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
TeamSpead-Kenny

Number of posts : 2194
Registration date : 2007-07-01

PostSubject: Re: Quick question for anyone that can answer   Quick question for anyone that can answer Icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2009 7:20 pm

probably so
Back to top Go down
http://www.Teamspead.net
grandpointkiller
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
grandpointkiller

PostSubject: Re: Quick question for anyone that can answer   Quick question for anyone that can answer Icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2009 7:22 pm

thought so but wasn't sure never had to add that many layers before
Back to top Go down
quad box
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
quad box

Number of posts : 1711
Registration date : 2007-06-22

PostSubject: Re: Quick question for anyone that can answer   Quick question for anyone that can answer Icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2009 7:40 pm

and if it's in the front cab also makes it a super mod car
Back to top Go down
grandpointkiller
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
grandpointkiller

PostSubject: Re: Quick question for anyone that can answer   Quick question for anyone that can answer Icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2009 7:47 pm

no i only have it in the back not even on the doors. just to stop the rattles
Back to top Go down
bruce-bruce
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor

Number of posts : 1361
Registration date : 2008-06-25

PostSubject: Re: Quick question for anyone that can answer   Quick question for anyone that can answer Icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2009 7:50 pm

why would it make it a super mod, we have never had rules around amount of material, as long as factory panels are back on and everything is functionable.!
Back to top Go down
grandpointkiller
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
grandpointkiller

PostSubject: Re: Quick question for anyone that can answer   Quick question for anyone that can answer Icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2009 7:53 pm

thats what i thought bruce but im in the clear anyway
Back to top Go down
quad box
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
quad box

PostSubject: Re: Quick question for anyone that can answer   Quick question for anyone that can answer Icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2009 10:25 pm

hmmm thought it was no more than 3 layers??
Back to top Go down
hunterw
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
hunterw

Number of posts : 1172
Registration date : 2007-11-04

PostSubject: Re: Quick question for anyone that can answer   Quick question for anyone that can answer Icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2009 10:28 pm

yes it usually drops the freq
Back to top Go down
scionsoloxb
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!
scionsoloxb

Number of posts : 4832

PostSubject: Re: Quick question for anyone that can answer   Quick question for anyone that can answer Icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2009 10:32 pm

quad box wrote:
hmmm thought it was no more than 3 layers??
pirat pirat pirat pirat pirat
Back to top Go down
thunderchicken
Above Average Contributor
thunderchicken

Number of posts : 564
Registration date : 2008-04-04

PostSubject: Re: Quick question for anyone that can answer   Quick question for anyone that can answer Icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2009 10:43 pm

ive never seen anything on how many layers.
Back to top Go down
quad box
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
quad box

PostSubject: Re: Quick question for anyone that can answer   Quick question for anyone that can answer Icon_minitimeSat Feb 07, 2009 1:34 am

when is the last time anyone has seen a rule book?? even the one's from four years ago??
you know like ear plugs,panels,floor cuts,pockets,tubes,mic monkeys,etc etc
Back to top Go down
S.L.A.B.
S.L.A.B.

Number of posts : 571
Registration date : 2008-07-14

PostSubject: Re: Quick question for anyone that can answer   Quick question for anyone that can answer Icon_minitimeSat Feb 07, 2009 8:16 am

Well if you know the fornicating rule then tell them instead being dick about it douche
Back to top Go down
bruce-bruce
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor

Number of posts : 1361
Registration date : 2008-06-25

PostSubject: Re: Quick question for anyone that can answer   Quick question for anyone that can answer Icon_minitimeSat Feb 07, 2009 3:55 pm

He dont, and there is no 3 layer rule....!!!
Back to top Go down
grandpointkiller
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
grandpointkiller

PostSubject: Re: Quick question for anyone that can answer   Quick question for anyone that can answer Icon_minitimeSat Feb 07, 2009 6:01 pm

ok guys thanks well i tested my car today and buy the way it read it has dropped a lil so thanks anyway for all who helped
Back to top Go down
ARMed&Bangin
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
ARMed&Bangin

Number of posts : 1010
Registration date : 2007-12-28

PostSubject: Re: Quick question for anyone that can answer   Quick question for anyone that can answer Icon_minitimeSat Feb 07, 2009 6:16 pm

a copy of the 2009 rules can be viewed from the home page. theres a buttom called 'Rules.'

imagine that
Back to top Go down
Skip01
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
Skip01

Number of posts : 2099
Registration date : 2007-07-02

PostSubject: Re: Quick question for anyone that can answer   Quick question for anyone that can answer Icon_minitimeSat Feb 07, 2009 6:28 pm

I think the better question is can you fit 7 layers of deadenin under stock panels. I'd be hard pressed to think I can really. 2 or 3 should be good to go
Back to top Go down
grandpointkiller
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
grandpointkiller

PostSubject: Re: Quick question for anyone that can answer   Quick question for anyone that can answer Icon_minitimeSat Feb 07, 2009 6:30 pm

I have 5-6 now and its at its peak it wont fit any more or the panels will have to stay off

any idea wat size tube i can buy to fit percision ports 4"
Back to top Go down
Skip01
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
Skip01

PostSubject: Re: Quick question for anyone that can answer   Quick question for anyone that can answer Icon_minitimeSat Feb 07, 2009 7:33 pm

grandpointkiller wrote:
I have 5-6 now and its at its peak it wont fit any more or the panels will have to stay off

any idea wat size tube i can buy to fit percision ports 4"

Home Depot sells em in the plumbing section

10ft piece like 10 bucks....its white not black
Back to top Go down
Matt_Sibley

Number of posts : 957
Registration date : 2007-06-25

PostSubject: Re: Quick question for anyone that can answer   Quick question for anyone that can answer Icon_minitimeSat Feb 07, 2009 9:57 pm

You need to change the box volume as well as the port length if you are targetting a new frequency. How did you test that your car's frequency changed?
Back to top Go down
http://www.us.airliquide.com
grandpointkiller
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
grandpointkiller

PostSubject: Re: Quick question for anyone that can answer   Quick question for anyone that can answer Icon_minitimeSat Feb 07, 2009 10:52 pm

well im guessing im did it right i played a sweep from 20 - 60 hertz and checked my max spl was at 43 hertz. so i guessed that was it. Matt you gotta give me a break I am new at this ya know lol. no records here lol.
Back to top Go down
Skip01
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
Skip01

PostSubject: Re: Quick question for anyone that can answer   Quick question for anyone that can answer Icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2009 4:46 am

grandpointkiller wrote:
well im guessing im did it right i played a sweep from 20 - 60 hertz and checked my max spl was at 43 hertz. so i guessed that was it. Matt you gotta give me a break I am new at this ya know lol. no records here lol.

So whats it tuned too now?
Back to top Go down
grandpointkiller
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
grandpointkiller

PostSubject: Re: Quick question for anyone that can answer   Quick question for anyone that can answer Icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2009 1:20 pm

well it was 47 hertz now it louder at 43-45 from wat the termlab says cuz i gain 1 db dropping down to 43 hertz
Back to top Go down
grandpointkiller
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
grandpointkiller

PostSubject: Re: Quick question for anyone that can answer   Quick question for anyone that can answer Icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2009 4:57 pm

ok sorry bout the last post but i just played a back to back tone 43 vs 47 and had 149.9 at 47 hz but i had the flip my sun visiors down lol crazy Dung Pile. but i ordered som new cones so that i can play at .5 ohm to see what that will do.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Quick question for anyone that can answer   Quick question for anyone that can answer Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Quick question for anyone that can answer
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Mobile Audio Competitors Organization :: GENERAL DISCUSSION :: General Discussion :: GENERAL SOUND COMPETITION DISCUSSION-
Jump to: