Mobile Audio Competitors Organization
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE LOUDEST SPORT ON EARTH!

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Joint Finals a success. USACI numbers down due to very remote (from USACI) location but better than expected. Results posted on web site.
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» STETSOM 7KD
SQ..we need power classes back Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2020 7:37 pm by big bass joel

» any blown stetsom 7kd or 2k6d amps for sale
SQ..we need power classes back Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2020 7:32 pm by big bass joel

» We need the forums back
SQ..we need power classes back Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2019 2:41 pm by svillarrial

» THIS OLD FORUM IS ALIVE!!!! 6/14/17
SQ..we need power classes back Icon_minitimeFri Sep 22, 2017 11:11 pm by 80INCHES

» It's back up !
SQ..we need power classes back Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2016 7:03 pm by chrisfish

» 2 Atomic apocalypse 12s D4
SQ..we need power classes back Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2016 12:53 am by supersquirt

» well hello
SQ..we need power classes back Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2015 5:46 am by TAMU

» WELLLWELLL
SQ..we need power classes back Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 4:24 pm by Nice

» SLAMBOREE AUG 1 & 2
SQ..we need power classes back Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2015 12:14 pm by Pro_Mom

Top posters
sanman
SQ..we need power classes back Vote_lcapSQ..we need power classes back Voting_barSQ..we need power classes back Vote_rcap 
The_Rowlands
SQ..we need power classes back Vote_lcapSQ..we need power classes back Voting_barSQ..we need power classes back Vote_rcap 
chrisfish
Stingraysevenout
scionsoloxb
TECH114
Alan
supadave
Moparbass28
Navi
Statistics
We have 1855 registered users
The newest registered user is Farenheit

Our users have posted a total of 222582 messages in 12665 subjects
Keywords
louisiana globe disc broken world kyle stereo silence records finals 80inches Audiopipe chef quad 2010 crzyblondgrl dollar build record drive state crank contest songs Johncarr pics
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of United States Autosound Competition International on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of Mobile Audio Competitors Organization on your social bookmarking website

SQ..we need power classes back

Go down 
+10
Crush
TeamCobra1
Rick Sellers
Mark Eldridge
n2hifi
nebrsq
OnYrMrk
BBGIC
mschwitz
jsketoe
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
jsketoe
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor

Number of posts : 1587
Registration date : 2007-06-23

SQ..we need power classes back Empty
PostSubject: SQ..we need power classes back   SQ..we need power classes back Icon_minitimeFri Jan 09, 2009 2:47 pm

Just for Finals IMO. Just two classes in each of Intermediate and Advanced would be fine. Maybe 1000watts as the split.
I'm speaking on behalf of our Team here. We're starting to stack 3 and 4 Team members per class. We've said fine...we don't need to recruit new Team for that class. I think having your own team 3-4 deep in a class sctually chokes SQ growth.
Let's take this away from a manufacturer team and look at this like a shop's team. Now it's worse. That shop may be able to get a couple more cars in the lanes if there were power classes. That may only mean 5000 per car labor profit...but it could mean way way way much more. That in the economy the way it stands is worth pushing ans fighting for IMO.
I just wanted to open this to R&E.
I said Finals only to save on trophy expense at the shows. That was my idea of a compromise.
Back to top Go down
jsketoe
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor

PostSubject: Re: SQ..we need power classes back   SQ..we need power classes back Icon_minitimeFri Jan 09, 2009 2:49 pm

Don't flame me. I'm just trying to be professionally productive and help shops, USACi, and manufacturers at the same time.
Back to top Go down
mschwitz
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
mschwitz

Number of posts : 1125
Registration date : 2007-06-26

PostSubject: Re: SQ..we need power classes back   SQ..we need power classes back Icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2009 2:49 pm

Were all of the classes even full at finals? It seemed like some weren't full. If we can fill the current classes what is the point in making more classes? Not starting anything, just doesn't seem to be the right time for this.
Back to top Go down
jsketoe
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor

PostSubject: Re: SQ..we need power classes back   SQ..we need power classes back Icon_minitimeSun Jan 11, 2009 11:41 pm

OK...look at it a different way. Let's say three Teams stack Intermediate Consumer and Advanced Consumer. Those three Teams bring home the majority of 1st through 5th. How do those other guys feel?
Really, the only immdiate concern would be intermediate cons and pro. Like you said mike, classes aren't stacked. That's really the class with the issue. Well, technically...intro needs it too. That'd leave advanced an open class. Question though...how long will Expert remain with 2 or 3 cars in it? Then pro adv gets interesting.
Back to top Go down
BBGIC
Big Bald Guy in Charge
Big Bald Guy in Charge
BBGIC

Number of posts : 2358
Registration date : 2007-06-22

PostSubject: Re: SQ..we need power classes back   SQ..we need power classes back Icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2009 8:19 pm

I would love to see the classes expanded. Problem is participation. With the exception fo finals we have little to no SQ turnout at most events. If we start seeing more SQ at local events then we can entertain the idea of expanding it. As for Expert, that is a class that may dissapear soon as well.
Back to top Go down
http://www.soundoff.org
jsketoe
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor

PostSubject: Re: SQ..we need power classes back   SQ..we need power classes back Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 12:17 am

Yeah...that's why I said at Finals only. I totally agree...only 2 or 3 big shows bring out the SQ cars. Would doing the power class expansion at Finals only be 'out'?
Back to top Go down
OnYrMrk
Above Average Contributor
OnYrMrk

Number of posts : 893
Registration date : 2007-11-04

PostSubject: Re: SQ..we need power classes back   SQ..we need power classes back Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 12:26 am

I like any way to get SQ back in the swing of things.

I wouldn't mind the whole power thing, but, without SPL...I still say that has nothing to do with SQ.
Back to top Go down
http://www.scentsy.com/wallis
jsketoe
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor

PostSubject: Re: SQ..we need power classes back   SQ..we need power classes back Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 9:34 am

We could do SPL.
Back to top Go down
nebrsq
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
nebrsq

Number of posts : 382

PostSubject: Re: SQ..we need power classes back   SQ..we need power classes back Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 10:24 pm

To get more competitors, there needs to be more than one judge at some of the shows. Too many times I have been at shows where SPL gets cranked up, and the SQ cars don't even get judged. This makes it tough to get people interested if there is no time spent on them.

No disrespect to SPL-I play in that area also.
Back to top Go down
jsketoe
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor

PostSubject: Re: SQ..we need power classes back   SQ..we need power classes back Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 10:29 am

yup...that's a whole 'nother topic that's not 'rules' per se. Let's stay on track. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
nebrsq
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
nebrsq

PostSubject: Re: SQ..we need power classes back   SQ..we need power classes back Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 10:34 pm

jsketoe wrote:
yup...that's a whole 'nother topic that's not 'rules' per se. Let's stay on track. Very Happy

no problem.

IMO, I do think that we should have power classes brought back in the smaller/beginner divisions. Nothing over the top, perhaps 0-300 and 300+ like it was a few years back. Makes it less intimidating for newbies. Especially if 2 friends show up at the same show. If they have to compete against eachother, they may pass, but if they can enter and run is different classes, it may just be enough to get them going. That is exactly how my friends and I got started.
As far as advanced classes, I'm open to whatever we do there. I have placed in adv. and gotten my rear handed to me.
Back to top Go down
jsketoe
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor

PostSubject: Re: SQ..we need power classes back   SQ..we need power classes back Icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 1:00 am

600 was the last split. I'd say 1000 to be safe.
Back to top Go down
n2hifi

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2009-01-17

PostSubject: Re: SQ..we need power classes back   SQ..we need power classes back Icon_minitimeSat Jan 17, 2009 7:57 pm

if you have too many teamates in certian classes why would you not spread them out to other open classes?

I mean it's been years since i have done anything involved with usaci or SQ but i would seem to me that you would just build your cars for the class for the least amount of competitors that way it helps fill ALL classes.

Oh and if usaci needs judges they know who to call
Back to top Go down
jsketoe
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor

PostSubject: Re: SQ..we need power classes back   SQ..we need power classes back Icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2009 9:14 pm

you don't understand...when you have 3-4 cars wanting to do the same class, you start asking yourself if you are helping or not. Look at it from a shops standpoint.
Back to top Go down
Mark Eldridge
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
Mark Eldridge

Number of posts : 81
Registration date : 2008-07-25

PostSubject: Re: SQ..we need power classes back   SQ..we need power classes back Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 6:26 pm

Hmmm...

So if you get rid of the Expert Class, you end up not having some of the more experienced competitors there with some of the more extreme cars on display at the shows?

Sure, there aren't that many Expert competitors, but then not many people are willing to put that much time and effort into building a vehicle to compete in the class. I would think it would be a good idea to try to entice more people to step up to the Expert level from the Pro classes. If the top Pro competitors can be convinced to move up, it opens up the Pro class for some consumers to move into, and all the classes would have room to grow. If the Experts are forced to compete in the Pro classes, or worse yet, chased away all together, all of the SQ classes would suffer.

Give competitors an incentive to move up, and they will.

Remember, most Expert competitors spend a lot of time at the shows helping other competitors, answering questions, showing their cars, etc. Take away the top level of competition, and there is much less incentive for these competitors to come to the shows.

As far as power classes, when we had 20+ cars in each power class, that was great. Lots of competition!

At Finals last year, how many cars were in each of the classes? If a class has 25 or more cars in it, then I'd agree that a case could be made to split it.
Back to top Go down
jsketoe
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor

PostSubject: Re: SQ..we need power classes back   SQ..we need power classes back Icon_minitimeTue Jan 27, 2009 12:44 am

Mark I agree with the Expert thing. Really, I'd like to see expert stay...we've got a couple of those on the building blocks. I'd just like to see at least intro and intermediate split. If you split consumer or pro advanced I have a feeling we'd all be in the same class pretty much anyway.
Back to top Go down
nebrsq
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
nebrsq

PostSubject: Re: SQ..we need power classes back   SQ..we need power classes back Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2009 10:39 pm

I agree with both. I think that expert should stay. In my opinion, the expert class has always set the bar as far as extreme sq. It gives all sq competitors something to shoot for.

As far as advanced, most everyone in that class right now is familiar with eachother, and splitting the class probably not help bring in new competitors, but I believe it would if intro was split
Back to top Go down
jsketoe
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor

PostSubject: Re: SQ..we need power classes back   SQ..we need power classes back Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 10:27 pm

yeah...intro and intermediate power classes only. Ralph, just Finals...not any other shows. Think about it?
Back to top Go down
Rick Sellers
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
Rick Sellers

Number of posts : 169
Registration date : 2007-06-25

PostSubject: Re: SQ..we need power classes back   SQ..we need power classes back Icon_minitimeSun Feb 01, 2009 9:44 pm

I think Mark is right unless there are 15-20+ cars in a class there is no reason to split them.

Also, Expert should stay and more Advanced cars should step up and play.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deepsouthnationals.com
Rick Sellers
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
Rick Sellers

Number of posts : 169
Registration date : 2007-06-25

PostSubject: Re: SQ..we need power classes back   SQ..we need power classes back Icon_minitimeSun Feb 01, 2009 9:52 pm

jsketoe wrote:
We're starting to stack 3 and 4 Team members per class. We've said fine...we don't need to recruit new Team for that class. I think having your own team 3-4 deep in a class sctually chokes SQ growth.

John I understand your team is growing but...

You guys didn't field a car in several of the classes at finals last year: Intro Pro, Adv. Pro, and Expert and only 1 all other classes except Pro Q.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deepsouthnationals.com
TeamCobra1
TeamCobra1

Number of posts : 593
Registration date : 2007-08-17

PostSubject: Re: SQ..we need power classes back   SQ..we need power classes back Icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2009 8:40 am

imo usaci should do away with the intro class at finals.....the way this class is setup u only win on your spl score anyway....everyone maxs out the sound and install part of the sheet because it is so basic....as far as splitting the classes there needs to be at least 20 cars to even consider such a change....if we keep simplifying all the classes and rules we will continue to shrink......everyone needs to build the cars the best they can and quit building them for a specific class
Back to top Go down
jsketoe
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor

PostSubject: Re: SQ..we need power classes back   SQ..we need power classes back Icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2009 4:25 pm

Rick...we're looking at cars for this year...it's not just our team either. I know of a couple of shops having this problem building multiple cars for one class.
Mickey...I think we would have to be around 20 as well...just for cost and competition sake. I know intro was never intended to be at Finals. I personally have watched intro at Finals draw those guys to stick around and upgrade cars. So, I see both sides.
Back to top Go down
Crush
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor

Number of posts : 167
Registration date : 2007-09-10

PostSubject: Re: SQ..we need power classes back   SQ..we need power classes back Icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2009 12:05 am

ok the big problem is money.

entry fees are to high to get kids to compete regularly.

Dung Pile when there was a show almost every weekend that competitor had to dish out some loot.

now i take people to shows to try and get them excited about it and all i hear is how expensive it is.

one thing is trophies.........WHY!

who needs more useless plastic.
how about computer generated certificates that has there spl and or sq scores displayed NICELY on it. so it doesn't look cheap (but it is)

imo the shows entry fee should never be over $20. finals and regs yes but 1,2,3 no.

then the judge would not have to carry all those trophies to the show. most of them are beat up by the time a competitor gets it anyway.
you could have as many classes as you want. and the judge would give everyone a certificate. maybe even special awards just print them out.....cheap.

trying to build a shop team with more than one per class is trouble. which ever one loses will blame you.
Back to top Go down
Livin_Loud2009

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2009-02-24

PostSubject: Re: SQ..we need power classes back   SQ..we need power classes back Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 1:43 am

Hello everyone I new to this forum from USACi. Can't believe I didn't find this out when I first started. But anyways I am from Missouri with team O.N.C.C. with Dave Young and we have 2 to even maybe 4 more cars doing SQ along with Dave, Bill, Richard(Red) and I. So our team will have 6-10 more competitors. But I am sure all of you know Dave is outta our class, but the rest of us will be competing against each other soon. I moved up a class because I was against two of my teammates so I moved up to give them a chance hahaha. So I think power classes would be good.
Back to top Go down
BBGIC
Big Bald Guy in Charge
Big Bald Guy in Charge
BBGIC

Number of posts : 2358

PostSubject: Re: SQ..we need power classes back   SQ..we need power classes back Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 4:24 pm

Crush wrote:
ok the big problem is money.

entry fees are to high to get kids to compete regularly.

Dung Pile when there was a show almost every weekend that competitor had to dish out some loot.

now i take people to shows to try and get them excited about it and all i hear is how expensive it is.

one thing is trophies.........WHY!

who needs more useless plastic.
how about computer generated certificates that has there spl and or sq scores displayed NICELY on it. so it doesn't look cheap (but it is)

imo the shows entry fee should never be over $20. finals and regs yes but 1,2,3 no.

then the judge would not have to carry all those trophies to the show. most of them are beat up by the time a competitor gets it anyway.
you could have as many classes as you want. and the judge would give everyone a certificate. maybe even special awards just print them out.....cheap.

trying to build a shop team with more than one per class is trouble. which ever one loses will blame you.

We tried certificates for a long time just a few years back. The Old School guys were happ but the new guys hated it. They wnated a trophy to put onn the shelf for bragging rights. They ahted the paper and so we stopped it. I still have several thousand full color certificates that we cannot use.
Back to top Go down
http://www.soundoff.org
Jan Bennett
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor

Number of posts : 279

PostSubject: Re: SQ..we need power classes back   SQ..we need power classes back Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 5:11 pm

I'll take the certificates. Smile

I only like the trophies at the major events anyways...actually, I only like the plaques off of the trophies from the major shows.

:p

I don't agree with power classes UNLESS there are like 20 people in the class.

Sure, some shops might have 3 or 4 cars that would compete in the same class, but it's the SHOPS job to set that expectation. IT's not up to the REST of us to have to suffer from the shops lack of an ability to set the expectation for their customers.

Either the customer is willing to spend the money and the time and dedicate themselves to the cause or they aren't. And even then, they might not win.

The shop and the installer need to spend the time to explain that to the customer.

If the customer wants to complain about that and make a big scene about it, the the shop needs to reevaluate how they are handling the way they are approaching that aspect of their business. Apparently they aren't setting those expectations right from the beginning.

And I agree 100% about KEEPING the expert class.

To get rid of that class would be a HUGE mistake.

I know we're planning on making the move in the next few years. If it's gone....where would we go? Just sit in the same class for years upon years upon years? Hrmm...that doesn't sound like so much fun...Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.mj-garage.com
jsketoe
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor

PostSubject: Re: SQ..we need power classes back   SQ..we need power classes back Icon_minitimeFri Feb 27, 2009 9:25 am

You can't blame building more than one car per class on the shop. They're trying to make a buck and support the sport. They just want to keep customers happy. That's the positive side of the power class thing. Now I agree...we show up at Finals and there are10 cars there for Intermediate Consumer/Pro...then heck no we don't need power classes. I was thinking the same number guys...somewhere around 20. I have a feeling the economy is going to have its way with our hobby...everyone is picking and choosing a handful of shows this year instead of doing A LOT of them. Big positive though...gas is cheap.
Back to top Go down
Jan Bennett
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor

Number of posts : 279

PostSubject: Re: SQ..we need power classes back   SQ..we need power classes back Icon_minitimeFri Feb 27, 2009 12:18 pm

I'm not blaming the shop, I'm just saying that they need to do more to prepare the customer.

As an entity that's taking a customers money, and as a customer that's telling the shop that they want to win, they need to step up and set the expectation for the customer.

Many times, these customers don't have a full understanding of what they are getting themselves into. They really think they can throw a bunch of money at it and they should be able to win. IMHO, it's the shops responsibility at that point to sit the customer down, like mommy and daddy, and explain to them, how they can expect it to go down. Not just take the money and build and move on with things.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mj-garage.com
jsketoe
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor

PostSubject: Re: SQ..we need power classes back   SQ..we need power classes back Icon_minitimeFri Feb 27, 2009 12:59 pm

we use to make sure the customers that were competing knew each other. That way they could listen to each other's cars. If you as a shop are tuning and installing then the customer truly looks to you and says they want to win.
your statement about doing the mommy-daddy talk is SO true.
Back to top Go down
foosman 100
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
foosman 100

Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 2007-11-21

PostSubject: Re: SQ..we need power classes back   SQ..we need power classes back Icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2009 7:06 pm

Most definately keep expert, use power classes only if and when it becomes necessary, and give us up and comers something to shoot for. I do have to agree about Intro. Re-do the score sheet to allow scoring for what a car does well, and do away with the spl aspect altogether. If a person wants to compete, they already know where they want to focus, either in SQ, or in SPL. I see no reason to combine the two.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SQ..we need power classes back   SQ..we need power classes back Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

SQ..we need power classes back
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Mobile Audio Competitors Organization :: GENERAL DISCUSSION :: Rules Ideas and Input :: RULES DISCUSSION-
Jump to: