Mobile Audio Competitors Organization
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE LOUDEST SPORT ON EARTH!

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Joint Finals a success. USACI numbers down due to very remote (from USACI) location but better than expected. Results posted on web site.
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» STETSOM 7KD
trunk poll - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2020 7:37 pm by big bass joel

» any blown stetsom 7kd or 2k6d amps for sale
trunk poll - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2020 7:32 pm by big bass joel

» We need the forums back
trunk poll - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2019 2:41 pm by svillarrial

» THIS OLD FORUM IS ALIVE!!!! 6/14/17
trunk poll - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 22, 2017 11:11 pm by 80INCHES

» It's back up !
trunk poll - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2016 7:03 pm by chrisfish

» 2 Atomic apocalypse 12s D4
trunk poll - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2016 12:53 am by supersquirt

» well hello
trunk poll - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2015 5:46 am by TAMU

» WELLLWELLL
trunk poll - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 4:24 pm by Nice

» SLAMBOREE AUG 1 & 2
trunk poll - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2015 12:14 pm by Pro_Mom

Top posters
sanman
trunk poll - Page 3 Vote_lcaptrunk poll - Page 3 Voting_bartrunk poll - Page 3 Vote_rcap 
The_Rowlands
trunk poll - Page 3 Vote_lcaptrunk poll - Page 3 Voting_bartrunk poll - Page 3 Vote_rcap 
chrisfish
Stingraysevenout
scionsoloxb
TECH114
Alan
supadave
Moparbass28
Navi
Statistics
We have 1855 registered users
The newest registered user is Farenheit

Our users have posted a total of 222582 messages in 12665 subjects
Keywords
crank pics state 80inches songs 2010 globe stereo drive silence world dollar crzyblondgrl broken louisiana disc Johncarr kyle records build finals Audiopipe chef record contest quad
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of United States Autosound Competition International on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of Mobile Audio Competitors Organization on your social bookmarking website

trunk poll

Go down 
+19
scionsoloxb
ibbangin
sanman
thunderchicken
rturner
Tim Schaffer
highrollercivic
bumpin s-10
slumpinhonda
rd s10
zacdavis
iowan
Gabe Sanchez
taz
Twisted Image
05gliguy
STREETBEATZ19
mschwitz
aphinney
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

trunk class
yes
trunk poll - Page 3 Vote_lcap78%trunk poll - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 78% [ 53 ]
no
trunk poll - Page 3 Vote_lcap13%trunk poll - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 13% [ 9 ]
maybe
trunk poll - Page 3 Vote_lcap9%trunk poll - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 9% [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 68

AuthorMessage
aphinney
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
aphinney

Number of posts : 1305
Registration date : 2007-06-23

trunk poll - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: trunk poll   trunk poll - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 24, 2008 10:05 pm

First topic message reminder :

0-1500
1500 +

everything in trunk, 14.99v, 4 battery max, back seat fold down..have to have rear deck..open at 1x and 2x shows...3x, regional, and finals will be power classed..no prostock..open to all..
RALPH WANTS TO KNOW IF THIS WILL WORK...IF HE BUILDS IT WILL THEY COME..
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
slumpinhonda
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!
slumpinhonda

Number of posts : 2938

PostSubject: Re: trunk poll   trunk poll - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 27, 2008 6:51 pm

zacdavis wrote:
slumpinhonda wrote:
slumpinhonda wrote:
zacdavis wrote:
Tim,
are you sure it did 150's with a true 900rms? (one eyebrow raised)

Trunk class is a great idea, even better, add the trunk class but apply all the same rules as stock so we have,
0-600, 601-1800, ect. But then again, if all the reps are already running these classes at their local shows theres really no need for USACi to officially add them to the roster.

Hey answer me this, why not throw all CRX's and S-10's in pro for next year?
I havent heard a good reason why they shouldnt go into Pro, but heard plenty on why they should.

YES.............

Kicker 1000.1 and a pair of cvr 12's unmanned 150 962 watts

thats impressive, great score.

same box with roughly 2k did a 152.7 unmanned
Back to top Go down
highrollercivic
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
highrollercivic

Number of posts : 112
Registration date : 2007-07-28

PostSubject: Re: trunk poll   trunk poll - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 28, 2008 12:19 am

I can be witness on the 150 db on kicker 1000.1 and 2 cvr's 12s. Oh wait that was my setup in my car. Timmy didnt believe it was 962 watts so when we burped it again we came up with the same thing AGAIN
Back to top Go down
ibbangin
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
ibbangin

Number of posts : 1906
Registration date : 2007-07-13

PostSubject: Re: trunk poll   trunk poll - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 28, 2008 12:30 am

zacdavis wrote:
scionsoloxb wrote:
Quote :
...but since we won't agree on that issue lets skip talkin about that, what do you think about adding the RETAIL classes?
$500 or under
$501-$1000
$1001-$2000
$2001-$5000
$5001+
or whatever, something like that.

Who cares if you put 20 batts in and 1 amp or 1 batt and 30 subs, it dosnt matter as long as the MSRP of the system is within the limit of the class?.....whatcha think?
whos going to keep track of the msrp prices? the comp? or usaci judges? is there a book out there that gives all the msrp prices on every bit of car audio equiment out there? just woundering. scratch

Yes actually, MSRP is out there for most all equipment, trust me its much easier ta find out what somethin costs than what the 4ohm rating is haha.

In fact, as a member of the USACi Competitor Committee I will presonally put together a full price sheet of available product each year.
I have enough company catalogs from over the past couple decades to give a price on nearly every brand out there, heck a TheWholeSaleHouse catalog has all the MRSP of most brands out right now, and most companies have the msrp on their sites.

again, its just a thought, think about the class and the level of competitors that would be in it, I think it would be really fun, the guys who spend 500 wont have to go against the guys who spend 5,000 haha.

Idk, im goin to eat, tty'all later

ok lets take another sport/hobby like racing....you can take say a mustang or a chevy (whatever) a car that is ideal to make go fast..... or some chose to go a more unique approach and use something that is not ideal to get to go fast....either way the unique people don't get to complain when they don't win.... they had the same oppertunity to get something ideal.... u don't use bird shot to hunt deer....if u only have five hundred to spend maybe go to school get a better job and come back when u can play....if u only have 500 to spend on equipment i don't see these people spending alot on going to shows, and finals....
Back to top Go down
zacdavis
Above Average Contributor
zacdavis

Number of posts : 917
Registration date : 2007-06-28

PostSubject: Re: trunk poll   trunk poll - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 28, 2008 1:01 am

ibbangin wrote:
zacdavis wrote:
scionsoloxb wrote:
Quote :
...but since we won't agree on that issue lets skip talkin about that, what do you think about adding the RETAIL classes?
$500 or under
$501-$1000
$1001-$2000
$2001-$5000
$5001+
or whatever, something like that.

Who cares if you put 20 batts in and 1 amp or 1 batt and 30 subs, it dosnt matter as long as the MSRP of the system is within the limit of the class?.....whatcha think?
whos going to keep track of the msrp prices? the comp? or usaci judges? is there a book out there that gives all the msrp prices on every bit of car audio equiment out there? just woundering. scratch

Yes actually, MSRP is out there for most all equipment, trust me its much easier ta find out what somethin costs than what the 4ohm rating is haha.

In fact, as a member of the USACi Competitor Committee I will presonally put together a full price sheet of available product each year.
I have enough company catalogs from over the past couple decades to give a price on nearly every brand out there, heck a TheWholeSaleHouse catalog has all the MRSP of most brands out right now, and most companies have the msrp on their sites.

again, its just a thought, think about the class and the level of competitors that would be in it, I think it would be really fun, the guys who spend 500 wont have to go against the guys who spend 5,000 haha.

Idk, im goin to eat, tty'all later

ok lets take another sport/hobby like racing....you can take say a mustang or a chevy (whatever) a car that is ideal to make go fast..... or some chose to go a more unique approach and use something that is not ideal to get to go fast....either way the unique people don't get to complain when they don't win.... they had the same oppertunity to get something ideal.... u don't use bird shot to hunt deer....if u only have five hundred to spend maybe go to school get a better job and come back when u can play....if u only have 500 to spend on equipment i don't see these people spending alot on going to shows, and finals....

Have you been to a dragstrip?
Some of the fastest cars out there on a budget are Mustangs, this is why theres not only specific classes for them but sanctioning bodies devoted entirely to Mustangs, the NMRA and FFW series are only a few. And why?, well hell yeah, because these things kick butt on the dragstrip, it was advantageous for them to promote a car that does so well.

Why is the idea of CRX's having an edge looked down on so much around here? Why?
Do you guys take it as a personal shot when somone says CRX's have an advantage? Do you think it takes away from your win or your abilities as a builder? (I'm not being a smart azz)
If yes then I can understand why you defend the notion that it's your skills that won your World Records and Championships...nobody is trying to take away from that....
but come on!, be realistic here guys, we see nothing but a line of CRX's and Minis at finals year after year. Why try to hide the fact that they do possess a few advantages over other cars.
They rock, give credit where credit is due.
I think it's time we recognize rex's and mini's by giving them the respect they deserve by either puting them in their own class or moving them into Pro.

Thats just my opinion though.

I could go on and on but really?, why? it seems nobody is willing to admit they had help in their trip to the podiums.
Back to top Go down
ibbangin
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
ibbangin

PostSubject: Re: trunk poll   trunk poll - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 28, 2008 1:37 am

no i don't take offense.... i'm attempting to make a point that if u want to compete u get what is ideal to do well as far as car and equipment and do the best build u can... byt if u choose to try something different u might have to work a lil harder
Back to top Go down
ibbangin
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
ibbangin

PostSubject: Re: trunk poll   trunk poll - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 28, 2008 1:39 am

no more help than dd's or crossfire...
Back to top Go down
ibbangin
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
ibbangin

PostSubject: Re: trunk poll   trunk poll - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 28, 2008 1:42 am

i see ur point, makes sense.. my point is they can get whatever car they want....it doesn't matter to me i only want to compete in street beat and i'ma get in where i fit in....
Back to top Go down
highrollercivic
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
highrollercivic

Number of posts : 112
Registration date : 2007-07-28

PostSubject: Re: trunk poll   trunk poll - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 28, 2008 4:28 am

ibbangin wrote:
u only have five hundred to spend maybe go to school get a better job and come back when u can play....if u only have 500 to spend on equipment i don't see these people spending alot on going to shows, and finals....

So what your saying if someone wants to play to go back to school and get a better job, Hell if that was the case, i guess i am in the wrong sport, I only spent $500 on my system and hit my goal i set forth just for the year of 150DB but that doesn't mean next year i am keeping that same system, just keeping the same car and building better. Some people do it on budget as i do since i dont make much money. I have worked my butt off sealing, modifying, and doing what my team tell me are good things to do to my car.

As for shows i have noticed alot of people young and old in ages just do it like the friday night drags, grudge matches with friends from the same town, now thats the fun part. Heck i have seen when we do our beatoff shows on saturday nights the "he said she said" going on between people, and i just get a kick out of it cause thats the way i was in high school.
Back to top Go down
supadave
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!
supadave

Number of posts : 3745
Registration date : 2008-02-28

PostSubject: Re: trunk poll   trunk poll - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 28, 2008 8:00 am

i agree with zac on the crx issue. i say there is an advantage but like he said you have to give respect. these cars are freakin loud an anyone that builds the right setup with the right power they too will be loud. not saying that it was easy doing it don't get me wrong but i say take the challenge an try your skills on someone elses trunk car if you don't wont to give up your crx. if you have someone on your team that has a trunk car help them out and get them loud that way not only will he shine but your skills an know how of the sport and build will too.
i have seen a guy do a 50 off of 2 L7 10's an i think a 1200watts once in a 2002 chevy cavalier. it was in chattanooga an when i see that score man it took my breath away i thought ole dude had like 3 12's an a Dung Pile load of power.
i say do the trunk class one year an try it out an if it don't do as good as hoped, then cancel it for the following year.
Back to top Go down
STREETBEATZ19
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
STREETBEATZ19

Number of posts : 1333
Registration date : 2008-08-07

PostSubject: Re: trunk poll   trunk poll - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 28, 2008 9:24 am

i have a quiet car..
Back to top Go down
ibbangin
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
ibbangin

PostSubject: Re: trunk poll   trunk poll - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 28, 2008 1:42 pm

highrollercivic wrote:
ibbangin wrote:
u only have five hundred to spend maybe go to school get a better job and come back when u can play....if u only have 500 to spend on equipment i don't see these people spending alot on going to shows, and finals....

So what your saying if someone wants to play to go back to school and get a better job, Hell if that was the case, i guess i am in the wrong sport, I only spent $500 on my system and hit my goal i set forth just for the year of 150DB but that doesn't mean next year i am keeping that same system, just keeping the same car and building better. Some people do it on budget as i do since i dont make much money. I have worked my butt off sealing, modifying, and doing what my team tell me are good things to do to my car.

As for shows i have noticed alot of people young and old in ages just do it like the friday night drags, grudge matches with friends from the same town, now thats the fun part. Heck i have seen when we do our beatoff shows on saturday nights the "he said she said" going on between people, and i just get a kick out of it cause thats the way i was in high school.

i'm makeing that comment to zach's comment about how people will get intimedated and quit because they are taking a 500 dollar system and going up against a 5000 dollar system... it usually cost more to compete than that but if u are pulling it off good for u...now if someone is complaining bout only having a 500 dollar system and can't compete... then i say toTHEM get some mo' money....
Back to top Go down
ibbangin
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
ibbangin

PostSubject: Re: trunk poll   trunk poll - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 28, 2008 1:45 pm

supadave wrote:
i agree with zac on the crx issue. i say there is an advantage but like he said you have to give respect. these cars are freakin loud an anyone that builds the right setup with the right power they too will be loud. not saying that it was easy doing it don't get me wrong but i say take the challenge an try your skills on someone elses trunk car if you don't wont to give up your crx. if you have someone on your team that has a trunk car help them out and get them loud that way not only will he shine but your skills an know how of the sport and build will too.
i have seen a guy do a 50 off of 2 L7 10's an i think a 1200watts once in a 2002 chevy cavalier. it was in chattanooga an when i see that score man it took my breath away i thought ole dude had like 3 12's an a Dung Pile load of power.
i say do the trunk class one year an try it out an if it don't do as good as hoped, then cancel it for the following year.

supadave, i wouldn't be trying to get everyone in a trunk car just yet... because the same people will win that class then what will u have to complain about... (just messin wit cha dave) but the same goes to u get u a crx and go play see if u can win.... cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
scionsoloxb
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!
scionsoloxb

Number of posts : 4832
Registration date : 2007-06-22

PostSubject: Re: trunk poll   trunk poll - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 28, 2008 5:46 pm

Quote :
supadave, i wouldn't be trying to get everyone in a trunk car just yet... because the same people will win that class then what will u have to complain about... (just messin wit cha dave) but the same goes to u get u a crx and go play see if u can win....
lol! lol! lol! lol! yeahhhhhhhhhhhhh
Back to top Go down
supadave
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!
supadave

PostSubject: Re: trunk poll   trunk poll - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 28, 2008 7:46 pm

lol guys when i go against something i tend to stick to it an that being crx's an kicker stuff. i don't use kicker stuff but i give respect to kicker stuff just because of the history an all the records they hold. gotta give respect to the crx's too cause they are kickin ass in every class but i will stay in my trunk car unless i get a suv an do some 18's an about 30,000 watts lol
Back to top Go down
sanman
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
sanman

Number of posts : 12087

PostSubject: Re: trunk poll   trunk poll - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 28, 2008 8:00 pm

so with rd starting to take over and kick ass how long till your ANTI R.D.
Back to top Go down
STREETBEATZ19
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
STREETBEATZ19

PostSubject: Re: trunk poll   trunk poll - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 28, 2008 11:20 pm

lmao go kicker..woohoo ( im still quiet )
yea travis lucky turd only spent 500 to get a 50db mark you suck.. i need a honda
Back to top Go down
zacdavis
zacdavis

Number of posts : 917
Registration date : 2007-06-28

PostSubject: Re: trunk poll   trunk poll - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 29, 2008 4:44 pm

aphinney wrote:
0-1500
1500 +

everything in trunk, 14.99v, 4 battery max, back seat fold down..have to have rear deck..open at 1x and 2x shows...3x, regional, and finals will be power classed..no prostock..open to all..
RALPH WANTS TO KNOW IF THIS WILL WORK...IF HE BUILDS IT WILL THEY COME..

Why not keep the power ratings we have already?
That way amps that fit in the current classes would work in the trunk division...
0-600, ect.....
Back to top Go down
supadave
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!
supadave

PostSubject: Re: trunk poll   trunk poll - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 29, 2008 5:26 pm

sanman wrote:
so with rd starting to take over and kick ass how long till your ANTI R.D.
never be anti rd cause my buddy is rd, plus you dont see everyone pushin rd stuff down everyone's throat either, plus steve is a stand up cool dude an he stands behind his stuff. not saying that tracy didn't but like i said kicker is mainstream. RD AUDIO is handmade an you can't beat hand made here in the usa stuff.
Back to top Go down
STREETBEATZ19
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
STREETBEATZ19

PostSubject: Re: trunk poll   trunk poll - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 29, 2008 10:12 pm

dave you funny. you so need to come up to nebraska to go party.. and get loud..lmao o wait nevermind..lmao
Back to top Go down
Magoo
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
Magoo

Number of posts : 1022
Registration date : 2008-07-15

PostSubject: Re: trunk poll   trunk poll - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 30, 2008 8:18 am

waaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhtttttttttt!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
slumpinhonda
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!
slumpinhonda

Number of posts : 2938

PostSubject: Re: trunk poll   trunk poll - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 30, 2008 11:13 am

STREETBEATZ19 wrote:
dave you funny. you so need to come up to nebraska to go party.. and get loud..lmao o wait nevermind..lmao

why would he want to come to this hell hole state??????????? your the funny one kevin
Back to top Go down
supadave
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!
supadave

PostSubject: Re: trunk poll   trunk poll - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 30, 2008 11:15 am

i heard it was a hell hole but i dont judge places i have never been. lol thanks for invite kev lol
Back to top Go down
Magoo
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
Magoo

PostSubject: Re: trunk poll   trunk poll - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 30, 2008 12:56 pm

how is it hell it is freezing here with snow this sux i wanna go back to texas never thought i would say that
Back to top Go down
lowdime
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor

Number of posts : 67
Registration date : 2007-09-10

PostSubject: Re: trunk poll   trunk poll - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 30, 2008 1:15 pm

ya magoo the high today down here in arlington is 60. haha, this is aaron, ryan and joshs friend
Back to top Go down
STREETBEATZ19
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
STREETBEATZ19

PostSubject: Re: trunk poll   trunk poll - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 30, 2008 1:36 pm

it snowed this morning... lol i am funny but not like your fact timmy lmao screw you hippy. lol see you at four.
Back to top Go down
Magoo
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
Magoo

PostSubject: Re: trunk poll   trunk poll - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 30, 2008 3:18 pm

lowdime wrote:
ya magoo the high today down here in arlington is 60. haha, this is aaron, ryan and joshs friend

hey man i never got to tell you thanks for all your help you sure did show a great deal of sportsmanship thank you
Back to top Go down
05gliguy
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor

Number of posts : 1964
Registration date : 2007-07-03

PostSubject: Re: trunk poll   trunk poll - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 02, 2008 5:39 pm

Any word on this from a higher power?
Back to top Go down
taz
taz

Number of posts : 797
Registration date : 2007-06-29

PostSubject: Re: trunk poll   trunk poll - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 02, 2008 8:12 pm

ok those who DO want trunk class lay out fair class example;

stock class only , no pro , everything behind seat both seats must stay in car , upper seat may fold down , back deck must appear stock , speakers may be removed only to allow port or box , must be below window line. 14.7 voltage max ,
classes 0-1500 two amp limit 2 bats in trunk
1501-up 4 bts in trunk
trunk sb unlimited
single-double sows open power , sb 4
triple-reg-finals standard class's

this is only an example so lets see yours , classes must not exceed three

any stock competetor proven to be built by shop or pro will be moved to prostock { example}
Back to top Go down
sanman
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
sanman

Number of posts : 12087

PostSubject: Re: trunk poll   trunk poll - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 02, 2008 10:43 pm

steve meade will eat this class alive
Back to top Go down
Magoo
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
Magoo

PostSubject: Re: trunk poll   trunk poll - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2008 10:28 am

how bout trunk class anything goes flat out who can build the loudest trunk car period....

seats in they may fold down everyting from the back window forward must stay stock rear deck etc.. back speakers may be removed.

run what you brung rules balls to the wall no limits beyond what has been stated above.

who can build the loudest trunk car period?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: trunk poll   trunk poll - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

trunk poll
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Mobile Audio Competitors Organization :: GENERAL DISCUSSION :: General Discussion :: GENERAL SOUND COMPETITION DISCUSSION-
Jump to: