Mobile Audio Competitors Organization
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE LOUDEST SPORT ON EARTH!

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Joint Finals a success. USACI numbers down due to very remote (from USACI) location but better than expected. Results posted on web site.
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» STETSOM 7KD
American Bass---classified as unlimited??? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2020 7:37 pm by big bass joel

» any blown stetsom 7kd or 2k6d amps for sale
American Bass---classified as unlimited??? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2020 7:32 pm by big bass joel

» We need the forums back
American Bass---classified as unlimited??? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2019 2:41 pm by svillarrial

» THIS OLD FORUM IS ALIVE!!!! 6/14/17
American Bass---classified as unlimited??? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 22, 2017 11:11 pm by 80INCHES

» It's back up !
American Bass---classified as unlimited??? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2016 7:03 pm by chrisfish

» 2 Atomic apocalypse 12s D4
American Bass---classified as unlimited??? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2016 12:53 am by supersquirt

» well hello
American Bass---classified as unlimited??? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2015 5:46 am by TAMU

» WELLLWELLL
American Bass---classified as unlimited??? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 4:24 pm by Nice

» SLAMBOREE AUG 1 & 2
American Bass---classified as unlimited??? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2015 12:14 pm by Pro_Mom

Top posters
sanman
American Bass---classified as unlimited??? Vote_lcapAmerican Bass---classified as unlimited??? Voting_barAmerican Bass---classified as unlimited??? Vote_rcap 
The_Rowlands
American Bass---classified as unlimited??? Vote_lcapAmerican Bass---classified as unlimited??? Voting_barAmerican Bass---classified as unlimited??? Vote_rcap 
chrisfish
Stingraysevenout
scionsoloxb
TECH114
Alan
supadave
Moparbass28
Navi
Statistics
We have 1855 registered users
The newest registered user is Farenheit

Our users have posted a total of 222582 messages in 12665 subjects
Keywords
2010 drive kyle build pics stereo contest broken globe silence songs crzyblondgrl quad Johncarr Audiopipe finals disc dollar chef world crank records state 80inches louisiana record
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of United States Autosound Competition International on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of Mobile Audio Competitors Organization on your social bookmarking website

American Bass---classified as unlimited???

Go down 
+4
bumpin s-10
Stingraysevenout
sanman
ARMed&Bangin
8 posters
AuthorMessage
ARMed&Bangin
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
ARMed&Bangin

Number of posts : 1010
Registration date : 2007-12-28

American Bass---classified as unlimited??? Empty
PostSubject: American Bass---classified as unlimited???   American Bass---classified as unlimited??? Icon_minitimeSat May 17, 2008 4:02 pm

I read somewhere on one of the M3 dispute threads something about American Bass and Atomic amps being classified as unlimited. Is this correct? I knew about Atomic, but American Bass being in that list is news to me. I searched the "amps rerated" threads posted by Ralph last year and there was no mention of any AB products.

Can someone shed the light on me? I'd hate to buy a product geared specifically toward a certain class and find out that I cannot run in that class due to my ignorance. Thanks guys/gals.
Back to top Go down
sanman
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
sanman

Number of posts : 12087
Registration date : 2007-06-23

PostSubject: Re: American Bass---classified as unlimited???   American Bass---classified as unlimited??? Icon_minitimeSat May 17, 2008 4:50 pm

i can some of the american bass amps were classified as unlimited do to a potentiometer in the amp itself to allow it to take in more voltage

cx100.1/75.1 were the amps
Back to top Go down
ARMed&Bangin
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
ARMed&Bangin

PostSubject: Re: American Bass---classified as unlimited???   American Bass---classified as unlimited??? Icon_minitimeSat May 17, 2008 6:14 pm

so, as it stands, the 200.1 is still good to go for 0-600, right? There's even a footnote on ampguts for the USACi rating...which I haven't seen for any other amp on there. Was just wanting some clarification.
Back to top Go down
sanman
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
sanman

PostSubject: Re: American Bass---classified as unlimited???   American Bass---classified as unlimited??? Icon_minitimeSat May 17, 2008 6:26 pm

its what i used last year to win 0-600 prostock man
Back to top Go down
ARMed&Bangin
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
ARMed&Bangin

PostSubject: Re: American Bass---classified as unlimited???   American Bass---classified as unlimited??? Icon_minitimeSat May 17, 2008 6:35 pm

Cool deal man. I just purchased one on a sister site. I was actually waiting to hear back from you on that before I completed the transaction. As soon as I read what you just wrote, I sealed the deal. Thanks for the info...was just what I wanted to hear.
Back to top Go down
Stingraysevenout
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
Stingraysevenout

Number of posts : 6002

PostSubject: Re: American Bass---classified as unlimited???   American Bass---classified as unlimited??? Icon_minitimeSat May 17, 2008 6:45 pm

I was gonna say Jeff can tell ya.... I think it is just those two. The rest are Usaci rated i believe unless manufacterer rating is higher .... But you wont find that so's you safe.

Atomic anything though and yeah ummmm nope....
Back to top Go down
bumpin s-10
Above Average Contributor
bumpin s-10

Number of posts : 747

PostSubject: Re: American Bass---classified as unlimited???   American Bass---classified as unlimited??? Icon_minitimeSat May 17, 2008 6:47 pm

Yep...the 200.1 is a Usaci certified amp...which means it has been sent in and passed testing. It's probably best to go with an amp that has been certified by USACI..especialy after all the controversy with the M3 and others. In my opinion us competitors should urge our favorite manufacturers to send in amps for verification from USACI BEFORE anyone buys them for competition.... that should eliminate people wasting there money....unless they chose to play with amps that arent' tested....then they are taking a chance on there own.
Back to top Go down
ARMed&Bangin
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
ARMed&Bangin

PostSubject: Re: American Bass---classified as unlimited???   American Bass---classified as unlimited??? Icon_minitimeSat May 17, 2008 8:22 pm

Absolutely right. I started this thread with intentions of avoiding "wasting" some money. Ya'll hit it on the nose on the other threads. I was seriously soooo close to getting the M3, and had I done so, and a week later found out it isn't allowed in the class I'm trying to locally dominate, I would have been pissed. I am not hardcore into the sound scene (working on it, but am not THERE yet) and have never heard of DD prior to this forum and the local shows I've attended. And as my sig. can attest to, I've had my ass handed to me (well, by 1.4 db) by an M3. I was, and currently still am running a junky (in most people's eyes) Audiobahn amp.

Well, with ya'll expert opinions, I am pleased with my transaction...not to mention paid almost half what I was about to drop on the M3. I'm VERY relieved to hear that the amp has been tested by USACi and has passed. No need to worry now. Thanks again guys.
Back to top Go down
dbracer79
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
dbracer79

Number of posts : 1086
Registration date : 2007-06-28

PostSubject: Re: American Bass---classified as unlimited???   American Bass---classified as unlimited??? Icon_minitimeSat May 17, 2008 11:28 pm

bumpin s-10 wrote:
Yep...the 200.1 is a Usaci certified amp...which means it has been sent in and passed testing. It's probably best to go with an amp that has been certified by USACI..especialy after all the controversy with the M3 and others. In my opinion us competitors should urge our favorite manufacturers to send in amps for verification from USACI BEFORE anyone buys them for competition.... that should eliminate people wasting there money....unless they chose to play with amps that arent' tested....then they are taking a chance on there own.
x2
Back to top Go down
Tim Schaffer
Tim Schaffer

Number of posts : 655
Registration date : 2007-06-25

PostSubject: Re: American Bass---classified as unlimited???   American Bass---classified as unlimited??? Icon_minitimeSun May 18, 2008 11:13 am

but hold on to your hat because if it goes to 20% no amp is safe right know.... I really hope they put it back the way it was that way it dont mess up the ratings because the list on the fourm is the small one very small there used to be a link to one the had 100s of amps and there ratings on the old fourm where did it go you could find the old us amps,ppi,kicker and orion and so forth?????
Back to top Go down
DMAN
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
DMAN

Number of posts : 2007

PostSubject: Re: American Bass---classified as unlimited???   American Bass---classified as unlimited??? Icon_minitimeSun May 18, 2008 12:48 pm

bumpin s-10 wrote:

Yes sir, correct, I couldnt agree with you more. But you know what $ucks is that the m3 was used last year without being rated by USACI some seen others useing them and went and bought one so they could give them a try and now they are out the $$$$. I personally have never had this problem but I feel for the one's that have.....
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/darrenlaffan
Skip01
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
Skip01

Number of posts : 2099
Registration date : 2007-07-02

PostSubject: Re: American Bass---classified as unlimited???   American Bass---classified as unlimited??? Icon_minitimeSun May 18, 2008 12:58 pm

Hijack.........500.1s......unlimited class?

Or whats their rating?
Back to top Go down
sanman
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
sanman

PostSubject: Re: American Bass---classified as unlimited???   American Bass---classified as unlimited??? Icon_minitimeSun May 18, 2008 11:43 pm

500. dpoes not have a 4 ohm rating
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: American Bass---classified as unlimited???   American Bass---classified as unlimited??? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

American Bass---classified as unlimited???
Page 1 of 1