Mobile Audio Competitors Organization
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE LOUDEST SPORT ON EARTH!

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Joint Finals a success. USACI numbers down due to very remote (from USACI) location but better than expected. Results posted on web site.
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» STETSOM 7KD
embarrasing Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2020 7:37 pm by big bass joel

» any blown stetsom 7kd or 2k6d amps for sale
embarrasing Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2020 7:32 pm by big bass joel

» We need the forums back
embarrasing Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2019 2:41 pm by svillarrial

» THIS OLD FORUM IS ALIVE!!!! 6/14/17
embarrasing Icon_minitimeFri Sep 22, 2017 11:11 pm by 80INCHES

» It's back up !
embarrasing Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2016 7:03 pm by chrisfish

» 2 Atomic apocalypse 12s D4
embarrasing Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2016 12:53 am by supersquirt

» well hello
embarrasing Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2015 5:46 am by TAMU

» WELLLWELLL
embarrasing Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 4:24 pm by Nice

» SLAMBOREE AUG 1 & 2
embarrasing Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2015 12:14 pm by Pro_Mom

Top posters
sanman
embarrasing Vote_lcapembarrasing Voting_barembarrasing Vote_rcap 
The_Rowlands
chrisfish
Stingraysevenout
scionsoloxb
TECH114
Alan
supadave
Moparbass28
Navi
Statistics
We have 1855 registered users
The newest registered user is Farenheit

Our users have posted a total of 222582 messages in 12665 subjects
Keywords
crank Johncarr state crzyblondgrl contest broken drive kyle world quad disc 80inches 2010 records globe record silence pics finals build chef dollar louisiana songs Audiopipe stereo
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of United States Autosound Competition International on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of Mobile Audio Competitors Organization on your social bookmarking website

embarrasing

Go down 
+11
sicweasel
cfriesz
jmorri
oldschoolboomer
aphinney
Moparbass28
kasey
bumpin s-10
txcomp
justbump'n
iowan
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
iowan
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
iowan

Number of posts : 1018
Registration date : 2007-06-22

embarrasing Empty
PostSubject: embarrasing   embarrasing Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2007 11:37 pm

i was so embarassed tonight... i was at sammy's comp tonight and did an embarrasing 143.7... ok it was in a sealed box that was made for my firebird, but it sucked... it was in a chrysler conquest... imma rebuild my box... i got two twelve kicker cvx and a db drive 1200.1... im goin to go to another local comp on sunday and rebuild my box tomorrow... any ideas
Back to top Go down
justbump'n
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
justbump'n

Number of posts : 215
Registration date : 2007-06-23

embarrasing Empty
PostSubject: Re: embarrasing   embarrasing Icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2007 2:30 am

Dude im sorry to hear that!!!!!! Sad But i hope that this new box doe's you alot better!!!!!! Smile
Back to top Go down

embarrasing Empty
PostSubject: Re: embarrasing   embarrasing Icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2007 5:05 am

Quote :
any ideas

Don't be embarrased, because we have all been there. We build systems with high hopes of going to the competitions and slamming a big number, we roll throught the lanes thinking that "this mother is gonna hit hard"! We stick the mic and cd in, and get ready to rip the volume, hoping that the number that displays on the board matches our expectations.

Ready, set, go!......We push our system to it's limit and burp what we feel, as you said, was an embarrasing number. Head hung down, we roll out of the lane looking for answers to what went wrong. Seems like the first thing a competitor wants to do is rip it out and start all over. This is not always the case.

If I could recommend the following:
PLAN A
Visit the dealer/installer you got your products from. Find out if they have a SPL meter, find your frequency, and start tweaking your system. If you still don't get the number you're looking for, contact DB Drive tech support and maybe they can help you out. If this doesn't help go to plan B.

PLAN B
Okay, maybe a rebuild would be the way to go after all. Outlaw SPL allows doors to be open which usually increases SPL when you have a ported box; sealed boxes generally do not have SPL increases regardless of doors being opened or closed. This is not always the case, but in my experience, this is what I have seen in smaller systems, in your case, 2 12's. What I would recommend is building a ported box and tuning it around 63hz, use the same product, and make sure to call tech support on your product to get competition specs. Remember that what hits hard on the street and sounds great, doesnt always produce numbers on the meter. You have to find a happy medium that wont compromise sound quality of your subs, but at the same time, will produce the numbers on the meter. Its cool having a system low, down at 35-45 hz, but it doesnt move the meter. I recommend 63hz or somewhere areound there, it will sound great and perform as well. If this doesnt meet your expectations go to plan C.

PLAN C
Go buy Scott Owens pioneer powered truck Laughing
Back to top Go down
txcomp
Admin
Admin
txcomp

Number of posts : 287

embarrasing Empty
PostSubject: Re: embarrasing   embarrasing Icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2007 12:09 pm

Believe me... been there, done that... At my first comeptition, I had 8 15's in a mini truck. Just like Shane said, rolled up to SPL, loaded Flashdance and nailed it... I looked at the meter and it was 134 and change... Evil or Very Mad I couldn't believe it so I nailed it harder... The loudest it got was 138.2... I was like WTF?? confused It didn't take me long to learn what I did wrong (the list is too long to type here) but I eventually started getting numbers in the middle 40's where I wanted to be.

The moral of my story is stick with it, don't be afraid to trash a box that took you a long time to build, find people much smarter than you about SPL and ask LOTS of questions! cheers
Back to top Go down
http://www.soundoff.org
bumpin s-10
Above Average Contributor
bumpin s-10

Number of posts : 747

embarrasing Empty
PostSubject: Re: embarrasing   embarrasing Icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2007 12:27 pm

iowan wrote:
i was so embarassed tonight... i was at sammy's comp tonight and did an embarrasing 143.7... ok it was in a sealed box that was made for my firebird, but it sucked... it was in a chrysler conquest... imma rebuild my box... i got two twelve kicker cvx and a db drive 1200.1... im goin to go to another local comp on sunday and rebuild my box tomorrow... any ideas

No reason to be embarrased man. 143's with a sealed box on 1200 watts is not bad at all. Give me a call next week I can help you out. First thing to do is build a proper box for your setup. SPL enclosures are our specialty and we have a "if it isn't louder than your last box...it's free" gaurantee. Also as someone said earlier, test and tune time helps a lot. We can get you on the mic and find what your vehicle likes.
Back to top Go down
kasey
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
kasey

Number of posts : 1146

embarrasing Empty
PostSubject: Re: embarrasing   embarrasing Icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2007 8:03 pm

well the only thing that bothers me about the usaci competition so far is that a competor can go in the booth where the computer girl is. i seen somthing i really didnt like. i think the booth should be off limits if your competing i know my scorte started at zero and i did every right trun the bass up and waited 2 seconds and then hit the horn to see my score start at zero and knowing my car is a 140 plus on the worse day of its life. then to see a person come out the very same booth i knoiw im new but knowone even checked to see if i was running outlaw which i dont know how so i was as fair as i could be. i just would like to see the seriousness taken and to have know doughts win my score turns to crap. i hope i dont offend anyone thanks for your time
Back to top Go down
Moparbass28
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Moparbass28

Number of posts : 3541

embarrasing Empty
PostSubject: Re: embarrasing   embarrasing Icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2007 8:52 pm

Sucks, but good number with a sealed box. ;-) I'm not even there with a ported, well sorta ported.LOL :-D

Get with Bumpin and I am sure you'll be happy. ;-)
Back to top Go down
aphinney
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
aphinney

Number of posts : 1305

embarrasing Empty
PostSubject: Re: embarrasing   embarrasing Icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2007 8:54 pm

hey brad....talk to chris or me....i think u got me number so..
Back to top Go down
justbump'n
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
justbump'n

Number of posts : 215

embarrasing Empty
PostSubject: Re: embarrasing   embarrasing Icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2007 3:29 am

Man when i put my 12's in with the wattage i got i just knew that i would hit like a 53or 155 on the mike!!!! Shocked Man was i wrong!!!!! Shocked Well i took my box out redid it then started thinking about my run, at every run i get nervous dont know why but i do,and let me tell you when you got a ton of watt's and you hit a 130 on the meter,it's safe to say i was a little upset!!!!!!But like the rest of the guy's said ask all the Question you can and learn as much from other's but at the same time dont be scarred to follow youre own drum it you have an idea then try it!!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
oldschoolboomer

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2007-06-24

embarrasing Empty
PostSubject: Re: embarrasing   embarrasing Icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2007 6:58 am

I will be competing SB1 next month at Texas Heat wave. This will be my first comp. so I hope I don't get embarrased!
Back to top Go down
kasey
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
kasey

Number of posts : 1146

embarrasing Empty
PostSubject: Re: embarrasing   embarrasing Icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2007 8:25 am

yea dont be embarrased wish everyone all the luck
Back to top Go down
jmorri
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
jmorri

Number of posts : 412

embarrasing Empty
PostSubject: Re: embarrasing   embarrasing Icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2007 11:28 am

this is just a part of the game... if we all started loud, it wouldn't be as fun:)
Back to top Go down
iowan
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
iowan

embarrasing Empty
PostSubject: Re: embarrasing   embarrasing Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2007 7:28 pm

thanks for all the encouragement and i might stop in this weekend at samsels... dont know if ill have the time though... i rebuilt my box the next day and accidently tuned it to 69hz... i forgot that 6 in ports are bigger than 4 inch... and did a 143.2 at storm lake... so i took the ports out and sealed this one and its louder than my other one... just curious what has everyone else done with similar setups... 2 12's.... 1200 watt
Back to top Go down
Moparbass28
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Moparbass28

embarrasing Empty
PostSubject: Re: embarrasing   embarrasing Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2007 2:35 am

We will see what I do with 1 good 10 and 1000 to 2000 watts soon hopefully. Wink

But sa far with 1-10 and 500 watts I am at 141.5 to 142.3. Haven't done more then one sub so far.
Back to top Go down

embarrasing Empty
PostSubject: Re: embarrasing   embarrasing Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2007 3:20 am

My first comp I did a 145.0
Back to top Go down
Moparbass28
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Moparbass28

embarrasing Empty
PostSubject: Re: embarrasing   embarrasing Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2007 4:43 am

What car ?
Back to top Go down
aphinney
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
aphinney

embarrasing Empty
PostSubject: Re: embarrasing   embarrasing Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2007 11:56 am

and look where u are now bruce...160+ 2 world tiltes and a 3 time world record
Back to top Go down
Moparbass28
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Moparbass28

embarrasing Empty
PostSubject: Re: embarrasing   embarrasing Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2007 1:10 pm

Exactely. Came a long way from then I see. Hopefully the same will happen to me. Wink
Back to top Go down
cfriesz
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor

Number of posts : 67

embarrasing Empty
PostSubject: Re: embarrasing   embarrasing Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2007 4:00 pm

my first score was 143.9 I then had two years of less than that((we wont say how low it went)and I finally beat it two months ago....anyway dont give up!
Back to top Go down
sicweasel
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
sicweasel

Number of posts : 61
Registration date : 2007-06-26

embarrasing Empty
PostSubject: Re: embarrasing   embarrasing Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2007 2:26 pm

my first comp with flash dance i did a 133.3 with two 10's and a punch 45, like everyone says don't be down on that score we've all been there. Your hitting the fun part now GETTING LOUDER, just remember to have fun doing it
Back to top Go down
http://www.innovative-audio.com
iowan
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
iowan

embarrasing Empty
PostSubject: Re: embarrasing   embarrasing Icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2007 3:23 pm

wow... a punch 45... never thought i would hear bout one of those... like i said thanx for the encouragment and i will be improving my system here soon.... i hope....
Back to top Go down

embarrasing Empty
PostSubject: Re: embarrasing   embarrasing Icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2007 4:32 pm

i used to roll around with an orion hcca 225 and 2 xtr 12's doing like 45's on the old ac's
Back to top Go down
iowan
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
iowan

embarrasing Empty
PostSubject: Re: embarrasing   embarrasing Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2007 4:14 pm

wow i used to have an orion hcc 225 i think it was but it never worked... i think i still have it too... opening bid 20 bucks
Back to top Go down
loburbon
loburbon

Number of posts : 560
Registration date : 2007-06-30

embarrasing Empty
PostSubject: Re: embarrasing   embarrasing Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2007 5:14 pm

in my wife's first comp in her explorer see did a 143.1 with a dd 2512 and 500 watts, now i have the explorer with 2 3515's and 2850 watts rms i did a 152.2 at 43hz.
Back to top Go down
HellRzR
HellRzR

Number of posts : 800
Registration date : 2007-06-30

embarrasing Empty
PostSubject: Re: embarrasing   embarrasing Icon_minitimeThu Jul 05, 2007 3:35 am

my first i think i did a 144.listen to what the guys tell you and go to work try anything and everything you can think of. hell ive been at a standstill with my car untill bruce gave me some ideas and with the help of jmorri we got my numbers going in a positive direction. oh andandrew i found a few of those db's i was missing lol
Back to top Go down
aphinney
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
aphinney

embarrasing Empty
PostSubject: Re: embarrasing   embarrasing Icon_minitimeThu Jul 05, 2007 9:28 am

good good...

me too LOL
Back to top Go down
iowan
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
iowan

embarrasing Empty
PostSubject: Re: embarrasing   embarrasing Icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2007 9:44 am

they must have fallen out of your pocket into the couch or somthing???... ill try to see if i can find any... maybe they fell into the couch to... lol... once again thanks for the encouragement...
Back to top Go down
basshedz06
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
basshedz06

Number of posts : 69
Registration date : 2007-06-25

embarrasing Empty
PostSubject: Re: embarrasing   embarrasing Icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2007 8:15 pm

my first score was a 134 and i knew it was destined higher than that payed 10 bucks and oh i almost burned up my amp that day on the first run, went back and did a 138 now i am at a 140 and hoping to rise. l am on my third box and it will be tuned at about 63 or 65 i think. this is my first year and i am not about to give up yet
Back to top Go down
Moparbass28
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Moparbass28

embarrasing Empty
PostSubject: Re: embarrasing   embarrasing Icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2007 11:50 pm

Keep it up, you will get there. Wink
Back to top Go down
ibebangin
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor

Number of posts : 107
Registration date : 2007-07-10

embarrasing Empty
PostSubject: Re: embarrasing   embarrasing Icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2007 9:40 pm

oldschoolboomer wrote:
I will be competing SB1 next month at Texas Heat wave. This will be my first comp. so I hope I don't get embarrased!

i really didnt get interested in this till i got beat badly in sherveport.. it gives u something to shoot for.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

embarrasing Empty
PostSubject: Re: embarrasing   embarrasing Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

embarrasing
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Mobile Audio Competitors Organization :: GENERAL DISCUSSION :: HOW TO GET LOUD! :: HOW TO GET LOUD!-
Jump to: