Mobile Audio Competitors Organization
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE LOUDEST SPORT ON EARTH!

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Joint Finals a success. USACI numbers down due to very remote (from USACI) location but better than expected. Results posted on web site.
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» STETSOM 7KD
Now, my serious post... Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2020 7:37 pm by big bass joel

» any blown stetsom 7kd or 2k6d amps for sale
Now, my serious post... Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2020 7:32 pm by big bass joel

» We need the forums back
Now, my serious post... Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2019 2:41 pm by svillarrial

» THIS OLD FORUM IS ALIVE!!!! 6/14/17
Now, my serious post... Icon_minitimeFri Sep 22, 2017 11:11 pm by 80INCHES

» It's back up !
Now, my serious post... Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2016 7:03 pm by chrisfish

» 2 Atomic apocalypse 12s D4
Now, my serious post... Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2016 12:53 am by supersquirt

» well hello
Now, my serious post... Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2015 5:46 am by TAMU

» WELLLWELLL
Now, my serious post... Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 4:24 pm by Nice

» SLAMBOREE AUG 1 & 2
Now, my serious post... Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2015 12:14 pm by Pro_Mom

Top posters
sanman
Now, my serious post... Vote_lcapNow, my serious post... Voting_barNow, my serious post... Vote_rcap 
The_Rowlands
Now, my serious post... Vote_lcapNow, my serious post... Voting_barNow, my serious post... Vote_rcap 
chrisfish
Stingraysevenout
scionsoloxb
TECH114
Alan
supadave
Moparbass28
Navi
Statistics
We have 1855 registered users
The newest registered user is Farenheit

Our users have posted a total of 222582 messages in 12665 subjects
Keywords
dollar songs louisiana disc contest kyle chef record 2010 build finals Johncarr pics drive crzyblondgrl Audiopipe state silence 80inches broken records quad globe world crank stereo
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of United States Autosound Competition International on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of Mobile Audio Competitors Organization on your social bookmarking website

Now, my serious post...

Go down 
+5
Nice
gameoverstreeta
J.Demuth
Navi
zacdavis
9 posters
AuthorMessage

Now, my serious post... Empty
PostSubject: Now, my serious post...   Now, my serious post... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2008 9:20 pm

Over the last year and a half, when I took over the Team from the great loyal hands of Jerimy Brown, I knew it was going to be exciting. How close it was to the truth.
I have been with Kicker for almost 20 years now, 20 on May 4th to be exact. While conception, Kicker has been a part of competing, in one shape, or form.
From the great days in the late 80's til now.
I have seen and met some GREAT people. And as well all know, everyone has their own querks, attitudes, demeanor, professionalism, love and hate.
When taking over the team, I knew it woud be a fun undertaking. BUT, this was on top of my already hectic job. I work long hours, take many trips, and have that as my main job. Doing the team, has always had to be second place.

Maybe I am not the right person to do it, and I have had to sit back lately and try to rationalize this.

See, I have ideas, and I visualize my idea of the word Team. To many, some will say "all, that's all bull, just run what ya brung....teams are just a place to hang your hat..."
Well, maybe it is after all.
I know, I've tried to make it a team, for over a year. In that year, I have had to be teacher, best friend, brother, third party listener, advice giver, etc,etc.
And honestly, I don't have the time I used too to do that. I know my visions are the same.
I have never asked my team to sit at Thanksgiving and sing songs.
We are men, and we should conduct ourselves accordingly.
But if we cannot show a professional front to the public, we aren't a team.

Over time, I have seen this on brand x forum, and now here.
I have nobody to blame, nor anyone to side with.

When I see my guys taking jabs at each other publically, as the supporting manufacture, I cannot and will not choose sides.
Do I draw a line in the sand, and see which side I am on?

Again I ask, am I wrong for thinking this way?
Am I to blame?
is it stupid to want 'unity'?
and is it better, to let it be the way it is.........

Car audio competitions don't make most manufactures any money. We do it for the sport, and the PEOPLE! I know I do. I cherrish the friendships I have with EACH and everyone of my guys, some for 6-7 years, and it puts me into a area, where I have to make calls.
I UNDERSTAND you cannot make everyone get along, and I am NOT asking for that, nor siding with anyone. Honestly, I could care less if the rules change. Kicker has been in dbDrag for umpteen years, we win some and loose some. Most people spout we are not dominant in dbDrag.
Your right, we aren't. We build products for the normal everyday user. But I will tell you i will be happier taking 2nd,3rd, or last for that matter, as long as i have fun doing it, and we all do.
Die on top....or die happy....there's two choices.

In USACi, Lord willing we have been very dominant in USACi.
Team Sweep, and Team L&C are very tight with each other. That's the way it ought to be. But if they cannot get along, to ME, I am wasting my time trying to form a team.Maybe someone else can do this job for me, that can find a better way to do it.

Agian, I am not siding anywhere, as I see both sides point of view. Many jabs taking, either accusations, or name calling as 'crossover's, or what ever.
But you need MORE crossovers, to grow this sport.
Taking jabs at new comers, new or old to USACi, does not help the sport. Sharing knowledge, advise, will.....
I see Bruces side, a man in the car helps....
I see Greg's notice of 'safety"....

to me, safetly like I posted before, is NEVER overrated. If USACi wants to let it go and take any possible, or associated risk, that is theirs for the taking.
If you wanna sit in your car at 160 db, that's your call.
We all expect damage through our life.

It's chances....

But I need some time off, to really think if I can either make this work, or not make it work and wash my hands of this entirely.
if i do this, Brad will be the first to know.

Until then, signing off and out.

wishing you all the best this year.

ALL the teams friend,
Tracy
Back to top Go down
zacdavis
Above Average Contributor
Above Average Contributor
zacdavis

Number of posts : 917
Registration date : 2007-06-28

PostSubject: Re: Now, my serious post...   Now, my serious post... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2008 9:45 pm

Surely things will calm down soon.
I haven't much to say in response to your post, this is something you obviously need some time to contemplate.

However I will say this, if you choose to leave I along with ALL of us will miss your presence, with that said, I hope you choose to stick around, we all appreciate all you've done for this sport and industry.

Thank you Tracy,

Zac Davis
Back to top Go down
Navi
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Navi

Number of posts : 3105
Registration date : 2007-06-25

PostSubject: Re: Now, my serious post...   Now, my serious post... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2008 9:49 pm

You are a smart man and will knwo the right choice to make and which ever it is you will have mine as well as many others respect. You are one of the few manufacture related people that get on the boards that are honest and dont just try and cram your products down peoples throat. Regardless of your decision I wish you the best.
Back to top Go down
J.Demuth
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
J.Demuth

Number of posts : 72
Registration date : 2008-02-11

PostSubject: Re: Now, my serious post...   Now, my serious post... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2008 9:54 pm

Tracy, you and I have a lot in common.

The smart man seperates the business from the hobby/passion.

For guys like us, it is hard to do this.

I consider what we do, an addiction.
Back to top Go down
http://www.t3audio.com
gameoverstreeta
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
gameoverstreeta

Number of posts : 499
Registration date : 2007-08-03

PostSubject: Re: Now, my serious post...   Now, my serious post... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2008 10:21 pm

tracy i respect what you say and dont blame what you think. very sorry for our part in this battle i have aslo talk to the parts and took blame for my side. as i stated i will not take any more neg action towards anyone. in peron behind closed doors or on the forum. sorry again.
Back to top Go down
Nice
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
Nice

Number of posts : 2042
Registration date : 2007-07-13

PostSubject: Re: Now, my serious post...   Now, my serious post... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2008 11:42 pm

Tracy, agree with you 100%. If you look at the arguement, it is kind of stupid. I don't understand it myself.
I have nothing but respect for Kicker. Jerimy and Kicker sponsored me back in 03-04. I was the first in the Northeast to compete with the Solo X 18s. I gave Kicker a National Championship in the now defunct SLAP organization which at the time was the largest organization in the Northeast.
Jerimy was there for me and from what I read about you, you have been there every step of the way for your guys.
I applaud your decision and thank you for trying to make "our sport" better.
Back to top Go down
RustyWCA
RustyWCA

Number of posts : 49
Registration date : 2008-02-19

PostSubject: Re: Now, my serious post...   Now, my serious post... Icon_minitimeFri Feb 29, 2008 12:08 am

in my best Rodney King voice,, Cant we all just get along", Im just kiddin, I dont know anything about this and should probly stay out of it
Back to top Go down
http://www.dcsoundlab.com
Cactus Sounds
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
Cactus Sounds

Number of posts : 430
Registration date : 2008-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Now, my serious post...   Now, my serious post... Icon_minitimeFri Feb 29, 2008 2:42 am

-- Sad
Back to top Go down
Moparbass28
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Moparbass28

Number of posts : 3541
Registration date : 2007-06-23

PostSubject: Re: Now, my serious post...   Now, my serious post... Icon_minitimeFri Feb 29, 2008 4:28 am

Well said Tracy and understandable at why you feel the way you do.

I was there when you took time off of drag, this will help in this case as well, and you'll be back stronger then ever I am sure.

You are a stand up guy and hope to see you back soon. Would be a great loss to team kicker and usaci if you hung it up completely.
Back to top Go down
Greg McCool
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
Greg McCool

Number of posts : 1960
Registration date : 2007-09-05

PostSubject: Re: Now, my serious post...   Now, my serious post... Icon_minitimeFri Feb 29, 2008 8:38 am

I apologies once again for those may be offended for some of my posts. I did not want to come on here and get in to it with ANY buddy. I was not trying to poke jabs at any one. I truly feel the way I do on that subject.

Now for me this was to be a fun thing for Kathy and I do together back in 1999. As we progressed we had more and more fun. Then the competition got harder and harder. With that we gained a lot of friends along the way we even took a cruse trip with a few that we still talk about (thanks Ralph!) For me this was never something to fight about or look ugly, it was something to be proud of!
I watch this sport grow and grow. From back I the day there was no stock class just all the classes together, to how it is now. Now we get to see the sport grow again to where we just don’t know yet.
Now I’m sure I had my ups and downs along the way, but I guess that just life. But coming out of this someone hating me is NOT want I wanted at all. I cherish all my friends that I have made along the way. From some I talk to every day to some I only get to see once a year.
Thanks for listing.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Now, my serious post...   Now, my serious post... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Now, my serious post...
Page 1 of 1