Mobile Audio Competitors Organization
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE LOUDEST SPORT ON EARTH!

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Joint Finals a success. USACI numbers down due to very remote (from USACI) location but better than expected. Results posted on web site.
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» STETSOM 7KD
winter time blues Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2020 7:37 pm by big bass joel

» any blown stetsom 7kd or 2k6d amps for sale
winter time blues Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2020 7:32 pm by big bass joel

» We need the forums back
winter time blues Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2019 2:41 pm by svillarrial

» THIS OLD FORUM IS ALIVE!!!! 6/14/17
winter time blues Icon_minitimeFri Sep 22, 2017 11:11 pm by 80INCHES

» It's back up !
winter time blues Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2016 7:03 pm by chrisfish

» 2 Atomic apocalypse 12s D4
winter time blues Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2016 12:53 am by supersquirt

» well hello
winter time blues Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2015 5:46 am by TAMU

» WELLLWELLL
winter time blues Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 4:24 pm by Nice

» SLAMBOREE AUG 1 & 2
winter time blues Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2015 12:14 pm by Pro_Mom

Top posters
sanman
winter time blues Vote_lcapwinter time blues Voting_barwinter time blues Vote_rcap 
The_Rowlands
winter time blues Vote_lcapwinter time blues Voting_barwinter time blues Vote_rcap 
chrisfish
Stingraysevenout
scionsoloxb
TECH114
Alan
supadave
Moparbass28
Navi
Statistics
We have 1855 registered users
The newest registered user is Farenheit

Our users have posted a total of 222582 messages in 12665 subjects
Keywords
stereo silence kyle contest louisiana Audiopipe quad record dollar 80inches crank drive globe crzyblondgrl chef records broken state finals world Johncarr build 2010 disc pics songs
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of United States Autosound Competition International on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of Mobile Audio Competitors Organization on your social bookmarking website

winter time blues

Go down 
+5
jsketoe
bmuhammad1
jayhawkblk
jkrob21
Crush
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Crush
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor

Number of posts : 167
Registration date : 2007-09-10

winter time blues Empty
PostSubject: winter time blues   winter time blues Icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2008 9:59 pm

yea its cold and iam falling behind on the custom jobs.
my brains fried because i haven't had a day off since christmas and won't until may 4th (may 3rd's the first car show of the year for us).

so i just thought i would start a thread for people to let off some steam.

i can't seem to motivate myself anymore its all just a blur. iam doing a 06 gto 6L supercharged. he is a car show nut. iam installing a 5.1 system with alpine w505 and h701, 2 alpine headrest, focal amps and access speakers, 4-10's, 4-6"coaxial sets, 1-6" comp set, and enough red neons and white strobes to make any 90's teenager cream. we are over 60 hours with just the wiring and sound deadner. i hate undercar neons(did i say two full gold series and 10 side markers)

oh-yea and i have a 98 c-5 vette that has been here for a month that i haven't touch yet and it gets even more stuff.

hope everyones winter is going as good as mine. Shocked
Back to top Go down
jkrob21
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
jkrob21

Number of posts : 1476
Registration date : 2007-06-25

winter time blues Empty
PostSubject: Re: winter time blues   winter time blues Icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2008 8:33 pm

It's good that you have that much work to do Crush! Around here it just flat out sucks.
Back to top Go down
jayhawkblk
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
jayhawkblk

Number of posts : 331
Registration date : 2007-06-28

winter time blues Empty
PostSubject: Re: winter time blues   winter time blues Icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2008 10:59 pm

I feel you on the winter time blues. I sold my tahoe and got a new xB that I need to build but with it being cold and snowy I just dont want to do a damn thing. John how are things for ya?
Back to top Go down
jayhawkblk
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
jayhawkblk

Number of posts : 331
Registration date : 2007-06-28

winter time blues Empty
PostSubject: Re: winter time blues   winter time blues Icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2008 11:00 pm

I feel you on the winter time blues. I sold my tahoe and got a new xB that I need to build but with it being cold and snowy I just dont want to do a damn thing. John how are things for ya?
Back to top Go down
bmuhammad1
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor

Number of posts : 318
Registration date : 2007-06-24

winter time blues Empty
PostSubject: Re: winter time blues   winter time blues Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2008 11:01 pm

Damn man I understand. Its the same here in Wisconsin. Ive been in and out the house trying to sound deaden the car and it 15 below windchill. At least I have a garage but its still cold as heck in there. I just came in and my feet are freezing. I feel your pain chief!
Back to top Go down
jsketoe
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor

Number of posts : 1587
Registration date : 2007-06-23

winter time blues Empty
PostSubject: Re: winter time blues   winter time blues Icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2008 12:05 am

my new shop is done...insulated...very nice change. I worked today on changing headers and turbo out on the GN.
The vette's next.
Back to top Go down
jkrob21
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
jkrob21

winter time blues Empty
PostSubject: Re: winter time blues   winter time blues Icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2008 12:36 am

jsketoe wrote:
my new shop is done...insulated...very nice change. I worked today on changing headers and turbo out on the GN.
The vette's next.

Nice let me know if ya need any help!
Back to top Go down
Crush
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor

winter time blues Empty
PostSubject: Re: winter time blues   winter time blues Icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2008 1:54 am

well it is good to see that other people have it bad too.
Back to top Go down
bmuhammad1
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor

winter time blues Empty
PostSubject: Re: winter time blues   winter time blues Icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2008 9:48 pm

Im still sound deadening the car I have up to 4layers of dynamat behind the kickpanel area and Ive doubled up on the floor. Next is to bolt those kicks down and deaden the trunk and doors...ALL IN SUB ZERO WEATHER Shocked Gotta love WI! Mad
Back to top Go down
OnYrMrk
Above Average Contributor
OnYrMrk

Number of posts : 893
Registration date : 2007-11-04

winter time blues Empty
PostSubject: Re: winter time blues   winter time blues Icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2008 2:51 am

I am waiting until late march to work on my car. I plan on finishing it up with a few extra additives. Looking forward to this season, even though I have yet to attend even one show. The weather has been way too up and down to get started.
Back to top Go down
http://www.scentsy.com/wallis
SoundoffFocus
SoundoffFocus

Number of posts : 45
Registration date : 2007-07-15

winter time blues Empty
PostSubject: Re: winter time blues   winter time blues Icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2008 12:06 pm

I hear ya on the weather, having no place to work except out side in the parking lot. It is too cold to do any thing but dream.

Tim
Back to top Go down
bmuhammad1
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor

winter time blues Empty
PostSubject: Re: winter time blues   winter time blues Icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2008 8:03 pm

Were going to get another 8 to 10 inches of snow here in WI. The elements wont stop me though. I deadened the interior of the car and Im about to start on the trunk...in the snow and freezing cold if I have to. Sounds stupid...but I love it!
Back to top Go down
Crush
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor

winter time blues Empty
PostSubject: Re: winter time blues   winter time blues Icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2008 9:49 pm

seems like i take 2 steps forward and 6 back.
doors pretty much done.
now they want a custom installed radar, rx-75plus
fiberglass makes me sick! no really sick
cold - rain - sleet - snow - fog - everything is damp
[/img]
Back to top Go down
Crush
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor

winter time blues Empty
PostSubject: Re: winter time blues   winter time blues Icon_minitimeWed Mar 12, 2008 10:54 pm

ok since nobody's posted for a few days

wiring interior exterior almost complete then on to the trunk
kicks made
center 1/2 way
rear done

weather starting to break. have had a couple nicer days. i sure get alot more done with the sun out.
Back to top Go down

winter time blues Empty
PostSubject: Re: winter time blues   winter time blues Icon_minitimeThu Mar 13, 2008 2:23 am

hey there...john its me chef kyle i met you at the usaci show in texarkana texas at the car toyz. i wanted to say hello and see how you were doing. i hear a strong rumor that usaci is going to have some shows in the dallas/ftworth that is going to be so cool. well i hope your doing good. i have been working on my car and hope to make some good points in sound q this yr. take care john.

chef kyle
Back to top Go down
bmuhammad1
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor

winter time blues Empty
PostSubject: Re: winter time blues   winter time blues Icon_minitimeThu Mar 13, 2008 2:31 pm

I finisished a lot of mine in the garage. I got four layers of dynamat on the floor of the car, kicks are solid fiberglass with dynamat lineing the inside and back of the kicks and then bolted to the floor and dynamatted the trunk lid with two layers. working on some other small things and hoping the weather gets warmer her in WI.
Back to top Go down
jsketoe
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor

Number of posts : 1587
Registration date : 2007-06-23

winter time blues Empty
PostSubject: Re: winter time blues   winter time blues Icon_minitimeThu Mar 13, 2008 9:11 pm

It's been in the 70s for three days here.
Back to top Go down
Crush
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor

winter time blues Empty
PostSubject: Re: winter time blues   winter time blues Icon_minitimeThu Mar 13, 2008 11:03 pm

lucky you
it rained today
but there is more sun light now so my energy levels are coming back up
Back to top Go down
Crush
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor

winter time blues Empty
PostSubject: Re: winter time blues   winter time blues Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2008 6:55 pm

it is still raining........
started the fiberglass work over the weekend

i'am running out of time
Back to top Go down
jkrob21
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
jkrob21

winter time blues Empty
PostSubject: Re: winter time blues   winter time blues Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2008 6:58 pm

Get to work man!

I got sunburn at Shreveport this weekend. Already starting to peel. Crying or Very sad

But beats the heck out of rain and snow. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Crush
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor

winter time blues Empty
PostSubject: Re: winter time blues   winter time blues Icon_minitimeSat Mar 22, 2008 12:19 am

finally stopped raining today was pretty nice

tinted the gto

starting on overhead console

guy with corvette is kind of mad that i have had his car for 3 months and haven't started yet.

any recommendations on a C5 vette for speaker placement. haven't done one for sq yet. i figure it is gonna suck. you sit right behind one speaker and the other is twice the distance from you.

i have come to the realization that neither of the cars are going to be done by may 3 ( my deadline ).
Back to top Go down
Crush
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor

winter time blues Empty
PostSubject: Re: winter time blues   winter time blues Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2008 10:42 pm

rain, rain, rain, rain

resins won't dry

oh yea on of my new installers just gave his notice

still looking for that awsome installer!!
Back to top Go down
Matt_Sibley

Number of posts : 957

winter time blues Empty
PostSubject: Re: winter time blues   winter time blues Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2008 10:55 pm

How about some pics of the progress?
Back to top Go down
http://www.us.airliquide.com

winter time blues Empty
PostSubject: Re: winter time blues   winter time blues Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2008 11:05 pm

hey matt...i know you prolly dont remember me and thats cool. i just wanted to say hello and see how you have been doing? been talking to mel alot since he is bringing usaci back the dallas/fort worth. im glad that this is taking place. take care matt...Smile
Back to top Go down
Matt_Sibley

Number of posts : 957

winter time blues Empty
PostSubject: Re: winter time blues   winter time blues Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2008 2:47 am

I remember the name but can't seem to put a face to it. Where do I know you from?
Back to top Go down
http://www.us.airliquide.com

winter time blues Empty
PostSubject: Re: winter time blues   winter time blues Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2008 3:21 am

i met you at world finals in 2004 in kc mo. like i said its ok if you cant remember. i got competitor of the year at that finals and 5th in my class in advanced consumer sound-q
Back to top Go down
Crush
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor

winter time blues Empty
PostSubject: Re: winter time blues   winter time blues Icon_minitimeFri Mar 28, 2008 10:31 pm

yea - the pics... just tell me how to post them
Back to top Go down
jkrob21
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
jkrob21

winter time blues Empty
PostSubject: Re: winter time blues   winter time blues Icon_minitimeSat Mar 29, 2008 1:56 pm

Crush wrote:
yea - the pics... just tell me how to post them

Do you have a photobucket account? If not then get one and I'll walk you through it.
Back to top Go down
Crush
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor

winter time blues Empty
PostSubject: Re: winter time blues   winter time blues Icon_minitimeSun Mar 30, 2008 10:22 pm

winter time blues Gto9383868

just seeing if i got it[/img]
Back to top Go down
Crush
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor

winter time blues Empty
PostSubject: Re: winter time blues   winter time blues Icon_minitimeSun Mar 30, 2008 10:23 pm

now i need to make it smaller right
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

winter time blues Empty
PostSubject: Re: winter time blues   winter time blues Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

winter time blues
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Mobile Audio Competitors Organization :: GENERAL DISCUSSION :: SOUND QUALITY DISCUSSION :: SOUND QUALITY-
Jump to: