Mobile Audio Competitors Organization
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE LOUDEST SPORT ON EARTH!

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Joint Finals a success. USACI numbers down due to very remote (from USACI) location but better than expected. Results posted on web site.
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» STETSOM 7KD
2008 Rules - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2020 7:37 pm by big bass joel

» any blown stetsom 7kd or 2k6d amps for sale
2008 Rules - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2020 7:32 pm by big bass joel

» We need the forums back
2008 Rules - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2019 2:41 pm by svillarrial

» THIS OLD FORUM IS ALIVE!!!! 6/14/17
2008 Rules - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 22, 2017 11:11 pm by 80INCHES

» It's back up !
2008 Rules - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2016 7:03 pm by chrisfish

» 2 Atomic apocalypse 12s D4
2008 Rules - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2016 12:53 am by supersquirt

» well hello
2008 Rules - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2015 5:46 am by TAMU

» WELLLWELLL
2008 Rules - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 4:24 pm by Nice

» SLAMBOREE AUG 1 & 2
2008 Rules - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2015 12:14 pm by Pro_Mom

Top posters
sanman
2008 Rules - Page 2 Vote_lcap2008 Rules - Page 2 Voting_bar2008 Rules - Page 2 Vote_rcap 
The_Rowlands
2008 Rules - Page 2 Vote_lcap2008 Rules - Page 2 Voting_bar2008 Rules - Page 2 Vote_rcap 
chrisfish
Stingraysevenout
scionsoloxb
TECH114
Alan
supadave
Moparbass28
Navi
Statistics
We have 1855 registered users
The newest registered user is Farenheit

Our users have posted a total of 222582 messages in 12665 subjects
Keywords
disc songs chef quad 80inches Johncarr world record finals globe dollar records silence broken 2010 louisiana drive state pics Audiopipe crank build contest crzyblondgrl stereo kyle
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of United States Autosound Competition International on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of Mobile Audio Competitors Organization on your social bookmarking website

2008 Rules

Go down 
+16
HellRzR
2loudcrew
TeamSpead-Kenny
Moparbass28
Basshead Chapa
TECH114
BillGass
BBGIC
05gliguy
XFL-Leader
Mike Jaffe
n-stereo
dbracer79
Kicker Kevin
PhatSam
xpl
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
xpl
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
xpl

Number of posts : 152
Registration date : 2007-06-23

2008 Rules - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: 2008 Rules   2008 Rules - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 08, 2008 5:24 pm

First topic message reminder :

Have the rules for 2008 been written/released/or whatever yet? If so, where can I find a copy? The website just has the 2007 rules on it right now - so am just curious.

I am trying to figure out what class I am going to build for - etc.
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
2loudcrew
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
2loudcrew

Number of posts : 487
Registration date : 2007-06-25

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Rules   2008 Rules - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2008 2:08 pm

Mike Jaffe wrote:
I'm not so sure that we shouldn't sort of revert back to the old days. (I know, at my age, I'm an authority on old days.) What about the "Flashdance" theory? Instead of waiting for USACi to have a CD built specifically for Street Beat, let the USACi brain trust, possibly in cahoots with someone with some expertise in the music field, just select a song and everyone just goes out and buys it or borrows it from the judge.

Obviously the selection of the song would be somewhat critical, which is why I didn't suggest that competitors be a part of the song selection process. Again, back to the old days ... world records and SQ SPL was done playing Flashdance. I can't think of a reson why all Street Beat competitors can't compete, all using the same song.

Leading with my chin, I remain ...

I agree with Jaffe and Beelo. Universal track for SB with varied frequencies to truly test street bass of system. Your build must be able to handle all these frequencies to do well. Scores might drop some, but spectators will love hearing/seeing what the SB vehicles will do. If you want specific frequency then compete in Outlaw SPL and do best tone suited for your vehicle.
Back to top Go down
HellRzR
Above Average Contributor
HellRzR

Number of posts : 800
Registration date : 2007-06-30

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Rules   2008 Rules - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2008 2:19 pm

i think it needs to be like bruce said, and it could be heard on a the radio at some time, even eminem gets air time just cleaned up
Back to top Go down
Mike Jaffe
Mike Jaffe

Number of posts : 640
Registration date : 2007-06-22

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Rules   2008 Rules - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2008 2:43 pm

2loudcrew wrote:

I agree with Jaffe and Beelo. Universal track for SB with varied frequencies to truly test street bass of system. Your build must be able to handle all these frequencies to do well. Scores might drop some, but spectators will love hearing/seeing what the SB vehicles will do. If you want specific frequency then compete in Outlaw SPL and do best tone suited for your vehicle.

Thanks Joe. Either I wasn't explicit enough in expressing my thoughts, or the readers just misunderstood my meaning. Absolutely I favor a track/song that would include as many bass frequencies as possible, but without the looooong bass notes inserted into the music track(s). Playing 30 seconds of MUSIC would be the key! How about Mariah Carey singing the theme song from Titanic?

Hope to see you in Farmington soon.
Back to top Go down
DMAN
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
DMAN

Number of posts : 2007

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Rules   2008 Rules - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2008 3:24 pm

Mike Jaffe wrote:
2loudcrew wrote:

Thanks Joe. Either I wasn't explicit enough in expressing my thoughts, or the readers just misunderstood my meaning. Absolutely I favor a track/song that would include as many bass frequencies as possible, but without the looooong bass notes inserted into the music track(s). Playing 30 seconds of MUSIC would be the key! How about Mariah Carey singing the theme song from Titanic?

I agree also, I may play a little in sb this year, I am just going to go buy a movie sound track and play that for now lol.....

Whats with the Farmington? Andrew having a show?
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/darrenlaffan
Mike Jaffe
Mike Jaffe

Number of posts : 640

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Rules   2008 Rules - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2008 4:07 pm

DMAN wrote:

April 6th. I'll put it on the schedule soon.
Back to top Go down
2loudcrew
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
2loudcrew

Number of posts : 487

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Rules   2008 Rules - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2008 6:32 pm

DMAN wrote:
Mike Jaffe wrote:
2loudcrew wrote:

I agree also, I may play a little in sb this year, I am just going to go buy a movie sound track and play that for now lol.....

Just got off the phone with Andrew. He is having USACI Show on Sunday, April 6th. Jaffe will be the running SB & SPL competition. Gabe Sanchez is scheduled to be there as well. Let everyone know about it so we can get a good turnout. I've been to Andrew's shop for non-sanctioned event and there was a good number of competitors and spectators. I will be there for sure.
Back to top Go down
DMAN
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
DMAN

Number of posts : 2007

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Rules   2008 Rules - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2008 5:13 am

2loudcrew wrote:
DMAN wrote:
Mike Jaffe wrote:
2loudcrew wrote:

Just got off the phone with Andrew. He is having USACI Show on Sunday, April 6th. Jaffe will be the running SB & SPL competition. Gabe Sanchez is scheduled to be there as well. Let everyone know about it so we can get a good turnout. I've been to Andrew's shop for non-sanctioned event and there was a good number of competitors and spectators. I will be there for sure.

I will for sure get the word out here, I know of 3 cometitors that will be following me down as of right now, maybe a few more by then....
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/darrenlaffan
Jeremiah25
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
Jeremiah25

Number of posts : 114
Registration date : 2007-06-24

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Rules   2008 Rules - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2008 6:34 am

I'm all for having a music CD. The only thing is that I feel the bass lines need to be very constant*, unless you incorporate a double measurement with the regular sensor, and the Termlab RTA mic that measures the entire spectrum of sound. That might make things even more interesting if that could happen. HMMMM........

*my definition of constant would be continuous bass notes that vary in frequency from 30-80hz. No more of this 1 note stuff.
Back to top Go down
TeamSpead-Kenny
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
TeamSpead-Kenny

Number of posts : 2194
Registration date : 2007-07-01

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Rules   2008 Rules - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2008 11:20 am

Dj Magic Mike 3 Min Bass Drop,Loud as Hell and So Loud it Hertz should be Banned from SB

Last edited by on Sun Jan 13, 2008 7:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.Teamspead.net
SBJL
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
SBJL

Number of posts : 409
Registration date : 2007-06-26

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Rules   2008 Rules - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2008 1:25 pm

Music is an art form consisting of sound and silence. Elements of sound in music are pitch (which governs melody and harmony), rhythm (and its associated concepts tempo, meter, and articulation), dynamics, structure, and the sonic qualities of timbre and texture.
The creation, performance, significance, and even the definition of music vary according to culture and social context. Music ranges from strictly organized compositions (and their recreation in performance), through improvisational music to aleatoric forms. Music can be divided into genres and sub-genres, although the dividing lines and relationships between music genres are often subtle, sometimes open to individual interpretation, and occasionally controversial. Within "the arts", music can be classified as a performing art, a fine art, or an auditory art form.
Music may also involve generative forms in time through the construction of patterns and combinations of natural stimuli, principally sound. Music may be used for artistic or aesthetic, communicative, entertainment, ceremonial or religious purposes, and by many composers purely as an academic instrument for study.

so what we used in the past isn't music?
Back to top Go down
Jeremiah25
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
Jeremiah25

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Rules   2008 Rules - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2008 2:48 pm

TeamSpead-Kenny wrote:
Dj Magic Mike,Loud as Hell and So Loud it Hertz should be Banned from SB
I don't agree with saying DJ Magic Mike should be banned. He has plenty of legit songs. Just ban the 3 min bass drop song (which is probably what you meant).
Back to top Go down
sanmans_kitty
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
sanmans_kitty

Number of posts : 289

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Rules   2008 Rules - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2008 2:56 pm

dj majik mike has alot of good songs i use to listen to back in 1995 lol thqats a long time ago wow but bass bowl had alot of good tunes on it
Back to top Go down
SBJL
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
SBJL

Number of posts : 409
Registration date : 2007-06-26

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Rules   2008 Rules - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2008 8:36 pm

Moparbass28 wrote:
I am sure a CD would be made that had more then one track with different freq for each track. This would be the best for all types of vehicles and systems.

I don't think one track would work for all to use, due to then it would come down to everyone having the same type of vehicle after that vehicle is found for the freq of the single track.

if we go the way it looks like it's going to then it won't matter what freq the vehicle plays best, because you will only be playing that freq part of the time during your run. The way everyone wants to see it done will be a spl vehicle that is only capable of doing 140's maybe. Just my two cents.
Back to top Go down
Moparbass28
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Moparbass28

Number of posts : 3541

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Rules   2008 Rules - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2008 8:53 pm

There are ways and designs to achieve a broad range of frequencies in a vehicle. Some vehicles will benifit more then others in this yes, but it can be done. I am sure you will still see those higher numbers in the classes once everyone finds there sweet spots again. Wink
Back to top Go down
BillGass
BillGass

Number of posts : 893

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Rules   2008 Rules - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2008 10:20 pm

SBJL wrote:
if we go the way it looks like it's going to then it won't matter what freq the vehicle plays best, because you will only be playing that freq part of the time during your run. The way everyone wants to see it done will be a spl vehicle that is only capable of doing 140's maybe. Just my two cents.

Is a number in the 40's a bad thing? Regardless of 30's 40's 50's or 60's, it will tell who has the loudest OVERALL bass at the show. The crowd will love it. The general public at a show loves to hear a vehicle rattling and see rust and body parts falling off. Stretch this out for 30 seconds and they will be entranced. Burping one note makes for a big number but it isn't that exciting to spectators. To truly grow this sport it has to be fun to watch for everyone. To a spectator SQ is a car show where every car has a stereo (that generally doesn't get loud) and SPL is loud cars that go brrrrrp. Street Beat can more accurately reflect a system that our customers want.

Many of my guys have told me that they miss being able to beat their systems. They love the competition but miss what got them excited about cat audio in the first place, driving around with loud music.

We know the intent of street beat, so let's have a USAC CD that ensures that intent. I don't think that it will drive anyone away, rather make the sport more interesting to newcomers and more exciting to spectators.
Back to top Go down
TeamSpead-Kenny
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
TeamSpead-Kenny

Number of posts : 2194
Registration date : 2007-07-01

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Rules   2008 Rules - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2008 11:09 pm

SBJL wrote:
The way everyone wants to see it done will be a spl vehicle that is only capable of doing 140's maybe. Just my two cents.

I know of serveral vehicles in my area that can play music well over 150s and close to Mid 50s so I dont think It would be a porblem for some people to do the same.
Back to top Go down
http://www.Teamspead.net
Jeremiah25
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
Jeremiah25

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Rules   2008 Rules - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2008 12:12 pm

The exploder would do over 156 on a couple different lil john songs back in 06
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2008 Rules   2008 Rules - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2008 Rules
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2