Mobile Audio Competitors Organization
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE LOUDEST SPORT ON EARTH!

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Joint Finals a success. USACI numbers down due to very remote (from USACI) location but better than expected. Results posted on web site.
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» STETSOM 7KD
Anyone heard these before? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2020 7:37 pm by big bass joel

» any blown stetsom 7kd or 2k6d amps for sale
Anyone heard these before? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2020 7:32 pm by big bass joel

» We need the forums back
Anyone heard these before? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2019 2:41 pm by svillarrial

» THIS OLD FORUM IS ALIVE!!!! 6/14/17
Anyone heard these before? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 22, 2017 11:11 pm by 80INCHES

» It's back up !
Anyone heard these before? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2016 7:03 pm by chrisfish

» 2 Atomic apocalypse 12s D4
Anyone heard these before? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2016 12:53 am by supersquirt

» well hello
Anyone heard these before? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2015 5:46 am by TAMU

» WELLLWELLL
Anyone heard these before? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 4:24 pm by Nice

» SLAMBOREE AUG 1 & 2
Anyone heard these before? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2015 12:14 pm by Pro_Mom

Top posters
sanman
Anyone heard these before? Vote_lcapAnyone heard these before? Voting_barAnyone heard these before? Vote_rcap 
The_Rowlands
Anyone heard these before? Vote_lcapAnyone heard these before? Voting_barAnyone heard these before? Vote_rcap 
chrisfish
Stingraysevenout
scionsoloxb
TECH114
Alan
supadave
Moparbass28
Navi
Statistics
We have 1855 registered users
The newest registered user is Farenheit

Our users have posted a total of 222582 messages in 12665 subjects
Keywords
finals dollar crzyblondgrl build broken records songs Audiopipe state globe disc chef 80inches stereo 2010 crank kyle quad record Johncarr pics contest world silence louisiana drive
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of United States Autosound Competition International on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of Mobile Audio Competitors Organization on your social bookmarking website

Anyone heard these before?

Go down 
+2
Dave Brooks
Matt_Sibley
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Matt_Sibley
Above Average Contributor

Number of posts : 957
Registration date : 2007-06-25

Anyone heard these before? Empty
PostSubject: Anyone heard these before?   Anyone heard these before? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2007 6:11 pm

I just ordered these off of ebay since Klipsch no longer produces them and they are impossible to find anywhere else. No online retailers had any, no local shops that deal with Klipsch, even Klipsch direct said they were out and no distributors or dealers to their knowledge had any left. I'm doing a home theatre setup in my bedroom so I didnt need anything extremely expensive and I'm trying to take up the least amount of room possible. I decided to just use the computer to drive the 5.1 setup and from what I've read these were some of the nicest 5.1 computer speakers ever made. The guys at Klipsch said that the price point for a computer system was too high and they were discontinued because of that. I've seen nothing but good reviews on them and I'm anxious to get them in. I was just wondering if anyone here had heard them or had any experience with them. Thanks!

Oh yea here's the link: http://www.klipsch.com/products/details/promedia-ultra-5-1.aspx
Back to top Go down
http://www.us.airliquide.com
Dave Brooks
Dave Brooks

Number of posts : 17

PostSubject: Re: Anyone heard these before?   Anyone heard these before? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2007 6:56 pm

Matt, that's a nice system. The wife had it a while back connected to her Alienware computer. It rocked the house nicely.
The Bash seemed a little lame by home theater standards, but it works great in that configuration. I was surprised at how low the eights got. Klipsch did a very nice job with the entire design. Is it an earthquake maker? Not really, but you've got the right idea putting it in the bedroom. You can make your own earthquakes there... don't need a sub Smile

Because of that setup, I've gone entirely Klipsch in my house.

Can't beat it for the price point... In my opinion, of course.
Back to top Go down
Matt_Sibley

PostSubject: Re: Anyone heard these before?   Anyone heard these before? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2007 12:35 am

Awesome...you're the 2nd person I know thats said it was awesome. I think it'll be plenty for my bedroom. I dont have a lot of space in here so a big receiver and towers were just not possible. I figured this setup would be nice and I got the wall mount brackets so I can put them on the walls and out of my way. Thanks for the input! Now I just can't wait to get them in.
Back to top Go down
Iron Maiden
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
Iron Maiden

Number of posts : 331

PostSubject: Re: Anyone heard these before?   Anyone heard these before? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2007 6:13 am

Wink I think you will be pleasently pleased with those.
Back to top Go down
Iron Maiden
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
Iron Maiden

PostSubject: Re: Anyone heard these before?   Anyone heard these before? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2007 2:04 pm

Matt_Sibley wrote:
I just ordered these off of ebay since Klipsch no longer produces them and they are impossible to find anywhere else. No online retailers had any, no local shops that deal with Klipsch, even Klipsch direct said they were out and no distributors or dealers to their knowledge had any left. I'm doing a home theatre setup in my bedroom so I didnt need anything extremely expensive and I'm trying to take up the least amount of room possible. I decided to just use the computer to drive the 5.1 setup and from what I've read these were some of the nicest 5.1 computer speakers ever made. The guys at Klipsch said that the price point for a computer system was too high and they were discontinued because of that. I've seen nothing but good reviews on them and I'm anxious to get them in. I was just wondering if anyone here had heard them or had any experience with them. Thanks!

Oh yea here's the link: http://www.klipsch.com/products/details/promedia-ultra-5-1.aspx

scratch Well you got an update Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Dave Brooks
Dave Brooks

PostSubject: Re: Anyone heard these before?   Anyone heard these before? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2007 4:19 pm

Yeah Matt! Enquiring minds want to know... LOL
Back to top Go down
jkrob21
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
jkrob21

Number of posts : 1476

PostSubject: Re: Anyone heard these before?   Anyone heard these before? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 05, 2007 7:57 pm

My boss has that set and they rock!!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anyone heard these before?   Anyone heard these before? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2007 9:43 am

yeah they are pretty good
Back to top Go down
Matt_Sibley

PostSubject: Re: Anyone heard these before?   Anyone heard these before? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2007 1:23 pm

Started wiring the room yesterday...its much nicer wiring up cars in our air conditioned shop than running wires down walls and in the hot @ss attic! It'll be worth it though! Should get a chance to finish it up sometime this week! I can't wait!
Back to top Go down
Iron Maiden
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
Iron Maiden

PostSubject: Re: Anyone heard these before?   Anyone heard these before? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2007 8:12 am

I am sure you have help lol!
Back to top Go down
Dave Brooks
Dave Brooks

PostSubject: Re: Anyone heard these before?   Anyone heard these before? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2007 10:38 pm

Matt_Sibley wrote:
Started wiring the room yesterday...its much nicer wiring up cars in our air conditioned shop than running wires down walls and in the hot @ss attic! It'll be worth it though! Should get a chance to finish it up sometime this week! I can't wait!

Did you fall through the ceiling yet??? LOL Last time I wired my house, my foot slipped off the rafter and I landed in the bathtub. Perfect landing, no injury (except my man-pride) pale Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
Matt_Sibley

PostSubject: Re: Anyone heard these before?   Anyone heard these before? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2007 11:42 pm

Brice and I knocked out most of it on Sunday. He pretty much showed me the ropes since I'd never done any house wiring. We finished the rest of the wiring up monday and all night til 3AM last night I set everything up, mounted the wall plates, tied all wires neatly etc. I've watched a few movies on it today and listened to some of my favorite music. Lets just say that for less than 400$ I'm VERY impressed by these! I think it would have taken about 1500-2000 if I had bought a receiver and separate speakers to equal the sound that these are giving. For me to say I'm happy is a statement for these speakers Smile You guys were all right! Thanks for the input!I'll post some pictures of the install when I finish cleaning up this room.
Back to top Go down

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2008-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Anyone heard these before?   Anyone heard these before? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 08, 2008 3:34 am

ironmaiden wrote:
Wink I think you will be pleasently pleased with those.

I agree.

I'm on my second set of 2.1's in ten years. the old ones played just fine, but took the brunt of moving around from apartment to apartment at that point of my life. I didnt even flinch when I ordered my second set. for a computer speaker, they rival a thousand dollar(on clearance!) onkyo home theater setup I have in my house.

I would, however, consider setting your volume knob on those speakers to 1/2 or 3/4 volume and use your computer to adjust volume from there. the control base with the volume and subwoofer knobs have been known to make crackly sounds whenever you adjust it over time. my old set started doing that at 6 years, but they still sound excellent.

enjoy!
Back to top Go down
xetronic

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2008-06-05

PostSubject: Re: Anyone heard these before?   Anyone heard these before? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 09, 2008 12:41 pm

That setup is nice. I have the original Pro Media 4.1 system that they debuted back in 1999~2000 and I love it still. I hear the 5.1 setup in college and it was sweet. Enjoy. Klipsch makes good stuff... wish I could afford a pair of Khorns and a tube house amp.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anyone heard these before?   Anyone heard these before? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Anyone heard these before?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Mobile Audio Competitors Organization :: GENERAL DISCUSSION :: SOUND QUALITY DISCUSSION :: SOUND QUALITY-
Jump to: