Mobile Audio Competitors Organization
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE LOUDEST SPORT ON EARTH!

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Joint Finals a success. USACI numbers down due to very remote (from USACI) location but better than expected. Results posted on web site.
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» STETSOM 7KD
SB vehicle types? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2020 7:37 pm by big bass joel

» any blown stetsom 7kd or 2k6d amps for sale
SB vehicle types? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2020 7:32 pm by big bass joel

» We need the forums back
SB vehicle types? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2019 2:41 pm by svillarrial

» THIS OLD FORUM IS ALIVE!!!! 6/14/17
SB vehicle types? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 22, 2017 11:11 pm by 80INCHES

» It's back up !
SB vehicle types? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2016 7:03 pm by chrisfish

» 2 Atomic apocalypse 12s D4
SB vehicle types? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2016 12:53 am by supersquirt

» well hello
SB vehicle types? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2015 5:46 am by TAMU

» WELLLWELLL
SB vehicle types? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 4:24 pm by Nice

» SLAMBOREE AUG 1 & 2
SB vehicle types? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2015 12:14 pm by Pro_Mom

Top posters
sanman
SB vehicle types? Vote_lcapSB vehicle types? Voting_barSB vehicle types? Vote_rcap 
The_Rowlands
SB vehicle types? Vote_lcapSB vehicle types? Voting_barSB vehicle types? Vote_rcap 
chrisfish
Stingraysevenout
scionsoloxb
TECH114
Alan
supadave
Moparbass28
Navi
Statistics
We have 1855 registered users
The newest registered user is Farenheit

Our users have posted a total of 222582 messages in 12665 subjects
Keywords
crzyblondgrl stereo quad Johncarr drive contest silence chef Audiopipe crank louisiana broken world dollar 80inches build 2010 record pics kyle songs globe finals records disc state
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of United States Autosound Competition International on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of Mobile Audio Competitors Organization on your social bookmarking website

SB vehicle types?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage

SB vehicle types? Empty
PostSubject: SB vehicle types?   SB vehicle types? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2007 9:21 pm

Well, after reading through the threads on the forum I have noticed some people mentioning standard cab trucks as part of the streetbeat crowd.

Now I know CRX's dominated streetbeat (who would've guessed? Rolling Eyes ), which I knew was only a matter of time, but this standard cab truck thing has me interested.

Did these trucks have cut throughs or equipment strictly in the cab? What scores did they do? Anybody have pics?

Man, I thought that streetbeat was designed as a more beginner oriented class. I guess I was wrong....
Back to top Go down
scionsoloxb
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!
scionsoloxb

Number of posts : 4832
Registration date : 2007-06-22

SB vehicle types? Empty
PostSubject: Re: SB vehicle types?   SB vehicle types? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2007 9:55 pm

have to be behind the b piller. and anything else goes. crxs arnt magic. takes a while to get them loud. like anyting else. i didnt see any standard truck at finals. but i wasnt looking that hard.
Back to top Go down

SB vehicle types? Empty
PostSubject: Re: SB vehicle types?   SB vehicle types? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2007 10:03 pm

So then people were just talking about walled off trucks? I don't see how thats any different than vans or anything else. Maybe just cabin size.

Obviously crx's aren't "magic" but any person who has been competing for more than 30 minutes knows they have an advantage over most other types of vehicles when it comes to competition, especially outlaw and legal metering. Even more so in small cone area classes.

Anybody who says otherwise is most likely a CRX owner.

And on a side note, if you don't have a cut through then you don't have to follow the b-pillar rule. Wink
Back to top Go down
ibbangin
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
ibbangin

Number of posts : 1906
Registration date : 2007-07-13

SB vehicle types? Empty
PostSubject: Re: SB vehicle types?   SB vehicle types? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2007 10:06 pm

crx's suck....yeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
Back to top Go down
ibbangin
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
ibbangin

SB vehicle types? Empty
PostSubject: Re: SB vehicle types?   SB vehicle types? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2007 10:07 pm

crx's are stupid!
Back to top Go down
scionsoloxb
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!
scionsoloxb

SB vehicle types? Empty
PostSubject: Re: SB vehicle types?   SB vehicle types? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2007 10:15 pm

tommk90 wrote:
So then people were just talking about walled off trucks? I don't see how thats any different than vans or anything else. Maybe just cabin size.

Obviously crx's aren't "magic" but any person who has been competing for more than 30 minutes knows they have an advantage over most other types of vehicles when it comes to competition, especially outlaw and legal metering. Even more so in small cone area classes.

And on a side note, if you don't have a cut through then you don't have to follow the b-pillar rule. Wink
this is true. i would like to see someone build a huge box in a reg cab truck and do a huge number.
Back to top Go down

SB vehicle types? Empty
PostSubject: Re: SB vehicle types?   SB vehicle types? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2007 10:23 pm

scionsoloxb wrote:
tommk90 wrote:

this is true. i would like to see someone build a huge box in a reg cab truck and do a huge number.

Well, I have a regular cab s-10 and have done streetbeat.

I've gotten 2 L7 10's up to a mid 152 with one zx2500, but I've hit a roadblock getting this thing above a 154 outlaw with any type of setup and power. It's hard to fit equipment in there and have a proper enclosure.

If I had the money to invest in a pure streetbeat setup I'm sure I could get up to a 154 in SB1, but that isn't going to be enough anymore from the SB1 final scores I've seen. Sad

Unfortunately I have to worry about MECA and bassrace as well, so building a pure SB1 setup is pretty much out of the question. Sad
Back to top Go down
scionsoloxb
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!
scionsoloxb

SB vehicle types? Empty
PostSubject: Re: SB vehicle types?   SB vehicle types? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2007 10:28 pm

what bassrace class do you do? i want to try bassrace but i couldnt time it out very good. be to tempting to do balls out.
Back to top Go down

SB vehicle types? Empty
PostSubject: Re: SB vehicle types?   SB vehicle types? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2007 10:31 pm

scionsoloxb wrote:
what bassrace class do you do? i want to try bassrace but i couldnt time it out very good. be to tempting to do balls out.

I run one DD 9510 and the zx2500 in 139.9

Another downfall of having a regular cab is that I lose ~7 dB going from outlaw in the kick to sealed on the dash. Crying or Very sad

It'll bassrace a 144-145 sealed up and a 149-150 outlaw with the single 10". Too bad bassrace can't be ran outlaw. haha.

Last edited by on Tue Nov 27, 2007 10:34 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
scionsoloxb
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!
scionsoloxb

SB vehicle types? Empty
PostSubject: Re: SB vehicle types?   SB vehicle types? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2007 10:33 pm

damn. very nice scores for the stuff you use. dont know what my rex does on the dash in a sb run. iam going to try some in 08.
Back to top Go down

SB vehicle types? Empty
PostSubject: Re: SB vehicle types?   SB vehicle types? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2007 10:35 pm

9510 and the zx
SB vehicle types? Th_dd9510vids

2 L7 10's and the zx (streetbeat)
SB vehicle types? Th_SB1run
Back to top Go down
Tim Schaffer
Above Average Contributor
Tim Schaffer

Number of posts : 655
Registration date : 2007-06-25

SB vehicle types? Empty
PostSubject: Re: SB vehicle types?   SB vehicle types? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2007 10:41 pm

nice score for a reg cab 40hz thats low
Back to top Go down

SB vehicle types? Empty
PostSubject: Re: SB vehicle types?   SB vehicle types? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2007 10:47 pm

Tim Schaffer wrote:
nice score for a reg cab 40hz thats low

I can't get it to peak past 45 hz. Laughing

The 9510 peaked at 40 hz when it was new, but eventually the note raised back up to 43-44 hz.

I've even tried little fart boxes and STILL wouldn't go past 45 hz. It likes low tuned and slightly larger than normal boxes, so I don't fight it. Smile

Sounds killer on music. A little peaky (only plays 40-46 hz really), but still wangs on most music. Smile
Back to top Go down
Tim Schaffer
Tim Schaffer

SB vehicle types? Empty
PostSubject: Re: SB vehicle types?   SB vehicle types? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2007 10:51 pm

damn
Back to top Go down

SB vehicle types? Empty
PostSubject: Re: SB vehicle types?   SB vehicle types? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2007 10:53 pm

Tim Schaffer wrote:
damn

Every competition setup I've had in there has peaked in the same range.

Single 8" (149.3)
Single 10" (151.2)
Single 12" (152.0)
Single 15" (154.3)
Pair of 10's (153ish)

I got a few more setups to try for MECA, but so far the 15" has been the loudest all around which kind of screws me for streetbeat since I'd like to have one setup for EVERYTHING.
Back to top Go down
ibbangin
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
ibbangin

SB vehicle types? Empty
PostSubject: Re: SB vehicle types?   SB vehicle types? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2007 10:57 pm

what song was that?
Back to top Go down
scionsoloxb
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!
scionsoloxb

SB vehicle types? Empty
PostSubject: Re: SB vehicle types?   SB vehicle types? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2007 10:58 pm

wasnt a tone bet on that!
Back to top Go down
Tim Schaffer
Tim Schaffer

SB vehicle types? Empty
PostSubject: Re: SB vehicle types?   SB vehicle types? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2007 11:00 pm

its hard to bulid for everything I went to carl casper last year and the head rest stuff for meca is hard my brother does it but I dont think its for me good luck to ya in usaci
Back to top Go down

SB vehicle types? Empty
PostSubject: Re: SB vehicle types?   SB vehicle types? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2007 11:10 pm

ibbangin wrote:
what song was that?

Lil Jon-Push that.

Pretty much the most popular 30 second average song out there. Smile

Tim Schaffer wrote:
its hard to bulid for everything I went to carl casper last year and the head rest stuff for meca is hard my brother does it but I dont think its for me good luck to ya in usaci

MECA is easy if you know the right setup to build. Smile

CRX's won S2, S3, and S4 this year at finals. Just goes to show that even with the limitations put on CRX's in MECA (26" rule, no panel removal in street, etc.) they can still be competitive. Though other vehicles were right on their tails (SUV's, hatches, etc.)

That's the one thing I like about MECA, you see EVERY type of vehicle compete at finals. Trucks, suv's, trunk cars, hatches, crx's, everything. Sure they may not be as loud as some cars, but I think headrest metering has definitely leveled the playing field for most.

I just wish they would allow single 15's in SB1, that would make my life a whole lot easier. Smile Afterall, 2 square 10's is more cone area than a single 15" anyways.

I think you should come back to carl casper. Smile I actually competed against you in M1 if you don't remember. I had the blue regular cab s-10. Your brother did very well this year in MECA. Me and him had some long phone conversations the few weeks before finals.
Back to top Go down
Tim Schaffer
Tim Schaffer

SB vehicle types? Empty
PostSubject: Re: SB vehicle types?   SB vehicle types? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2007 11:37 pm

I might do that it was a nice show. and I do recall how bad you handed me my azz Very Happy
Back to top Go down

SB vehicle types? Empty
PostSubject: Re: SB vehicle types?   SB vehicle types? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2007 12:42 am

Tim Schaffer wrote:
I might do that it was a nice show. and I do recall how bad you handed me my azz Very Happy

That was the weak score too. Very Happy

I can give you some pointers for MECA if you want. Though I'm sure your brother could help you out as well. Smile
Back to top Go down
lowdime
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor

Number of posts : 67
Registration date : 2007-09-10

SB vehicle types? Empty
PostSubject: Re: SB vehicle types?   SB vehicle types? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2007 9:43 pm

i ran sb2 the first year of street beat with a 99 s10 single cab with 2 12 in alpines and a mark antony 2500x and did mid 140s on a stock alternator. But since then i have kinda got away from the competition and finshed the motor swap and paint work. I may make a couple appearences this coming year with a single 12 in the truck and some more power.
Back to top Go down
Matt_Sibley

Number of posts : 957

SB vehicle types? Empty
PostSubject: Re: SB vehicle types?   SB vehicle types? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2007 3:06 am

scionsoloxb wrote:
damn. very nice scores for the stuff you use. dont know what my rex does on the dash in a sb run. iam going to try some in 08.

Judging by your setup at finals you should be doing 157+ on the dash Smile If not start messing with those ports and you'll be well over that mark soon.
Back to top Go down
http://www.us.airliquide.com
Sponsored content

SB vehicle types? Empty
PostSubject: Re: SB vehicle types?   SB vehicle types? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

SB vehicle types?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Mobile Audio Competitors Organization :: GENERAL DISCUSSION :: STREET BEAT :: STREET BEAT-
Jump to: