Mobile Audio Competitors Organization
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE LOUDEST SPORT ON EARTH!

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Joint Finals a success. USACI numbers down due to very remote (from USACI) location but better than expected. Results posted on web site.
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» STETSOM 7KD
need some good info on this Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2020 7:37 pm by big bass joel

» any blown stetsom 7kd or 2k6d amps for sale
need some good info on this Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2020 7:32 pm by big bass joel

» We need the forums back
need some good info on this Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2019 2:41 pm by svillarrial

» THIS OLD FORUM IS ALIVE!!!! 6/14/17
need some good info on this Icon_minitimeFri Sep 22, 2017 11:11 pm by 80INCHES

» It's back up !
need some good info on this Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2016 7:03 pm by chrisfish

» 2 Atomic apocalypse 12s D4
need some good info on this Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2016 12:53 am by supersquirt

» well hello
need some good info on this Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2015 5:46 am by TAMU

» WELLLWELLL
need some good info on this Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 4:24 pm by Nice

» SLAMBOREE AUG 1 & 2
need some good info on this Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2015 12:14 pm by Pro_Mom

Top posters
sanman
need some good info on this Vote_lcapneed some good info on this Voting_barneed some good info on this Vote_rcap 
The_Rowlands
need some good info on this Vote_lcapneed some good info on this Voting_barneed some good info on this Vote_rcap 
chrisfish
Stingraysevenout
scionsoloxb
TECH114
Alan
supadave
Moparbass28
Navi
Statistics
We have 1855 registered users
The newest registered user is Farenheit

Our users have posted a total of 222582 messages in 12665 subjects
Keywords
globe 80inches broken Johncarr crzyblondgrl songs Audiopipe dollar record 2010 stereo records pics louisiana drive chef state contest silence quad finals disc build kyle crank world
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of United States Autosound Competition International on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of Mobile Audio Competitors Organization on your social bookmarking website

need some good info on this

Go down 
+4
mschwitz
dbracer79
robot08
nasty
8 posters
AuthorMessage
nasty

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2007-11-25

need some good info on this Empty
PostSubject: need some good info on this   need some good info on this Icon_minitimeSun Nov 25, 2007 9:16 pm

what do you all think about the orion hcca subs any good.i'm some what new to car audio and want to get apair of good 12 to beat the crap out of they seem to be ok but i don't know

thank you
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: need some good info on this   need some good info on this Icon_minitimeSun Nov 25, 2007 9:18 pm

Dont have a lot of experience with them, But you can look into Kicker L7 12s they take a beating and get really loud.
Back to top Go down
nasty

PostSubject: Re: need some good info on this   need some good info on this Icon_minitimeSun Nov 25, 2007 9:28 pm

yes kicker is good i had a set of 10's a few years back had bad luck with them so i thought i would try some thing new.I got a xx colossus II for my subs now
Back to top Go down
robot08
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
robot08

Number of posts : 183
Registration date : 2007-11-08

PostSubject: Re: need some good info on this   need some good info on this Icon_minitimeSun Nov 25, 2007 9:34 pm

try dd's they get really loud, and don't give you any problems
Back to top Go down
nasty

PostSubject: Re: need some good info on this   need some good info on this Icon_minitimeSun Nov 25, 2007 9:43 pm

well dd is out of my price range only got about 750 to play with and i know dd 1508 is 250 new and thats just 8's so as you can see i have a little money prob. but the orions I can get 2 12's shipped for about 745

thank you guys for the fast responce to my post all the other forums just tell me to buy what their forum is about or tell me to f off
Back to top Go down
dbracer79
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
dbracer79

Number of posts : 1086
Registration date : 2007-06-28

PostSubject: Re: need some good info on this   need some good info on this Icon_minitimeSun Nov 25, 2007 11:24 pm

From the looks of the orions, I think they require a huge box. If U have the room for it, There is only one way to find out.Check out the orion challenge on their website.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: need some good info on this   need some good info on this Icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2007 11:04 am

What kind of problems did you have, They have put much research into these woofers, and made many many improvements. IMHO L7 for the money is better than any other woofer in its price point.
Back to top Go down
mschwitz
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
mschwitz

Number of posts : 1125
Registration date : 2007-06-26

PostSubject: Re: need some good info on this   need some good info on this Icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2007 11:21 am

The Orions are pricy for what you get. They take a ton of power to get moving, need big boxes. Not bad, but we sell them and I won't even consider them.
Back to top Go down
nasty

PostSubject: Re: need some good info on this   need some good info on this Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2007 8:02 pm

well the tens i had went up in smoke off 200 watts rms good and clean power that was 200 each
Back to top Go down
dbracer79
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
dbracer79

Number of posts : 1086
Registration date : 2007-06-28

PostSubject: Re: need some good info on this   need some good info on this Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2007 8:23 pm

200 watts?
Back to top Go down
its_a_sleeper
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
its_a_sleeper

Number of posts : 268
Registration date : 2007-09-02

PostSubject: Re: need some good info on this   need some good info on this Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2007 8:36 pm

i know my memphis car is pretty loud and rather cost effective. I am running all power reference series. I dont know how loud you wanna get but i beat the heck out of them and they are doing well. I am running 1000 watts to four 12'' PR subs.... in a trunk car and a sealed box i hit over 148
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: need some good info on this   need some good info on this Icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2007 10:18 am

200 watts is the reason they will blow. You can blow a woofer easier with not enough power than you can with to much. You dont know if it was clean power unless you scoped it. ANd with 200 watts Im sure you had to turn it up quite a ways just so they would sound halfway loud. Which would in turn be clipping the signal and killing your woofers.
Back to top Go down
nasty

PostSubject: Re: need some good info on this   need some good info on this Icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2007 2:17 pm

what about crewin vega stroker 12.2 are they good well i hope so couse i just ordered 2 for about 200 less then the orion shipped so i hope they are as good as they look
Back to top Go down
towboatbobby
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor

Number of posts : 1075
Registration date : 2007-06-27

PostSubject: Re: need some good info on this   need some good info on this Icon_minitimeSat Dec 01, 2007 11:07 am

GO WITH THE l7'S IF YOU CAN,LIKE THEY SAY,THEY TAKE A BEATIN AND JUST KEEP GOING.
Back to top Go down
slumpinhonda
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!
slumpinhonda

Number of posts : 2938
Registration date : 2007-06-23

PostSubject: Re: need some good info on this   need some good info on this Icon_minitimeSat Dec 01, 2007 2:48 pm

musta been some distortion for sure, ive owned many of the kicker woofers comp cvrs L7's all of which would take a pounding my cvrs took about 3k to the pair playing music with some clip for over 3 minutes before they went and they were throwin.......(I was trying to break them BTW)
Back to top Go down
ktsstratus
Above Average Contributor
Above Average Contributor
ktsstratus

Number of posts : 767
Registration date : 2007-08-19

PostSubject: Re: need some good info on this   need some good info on this Icon_minitimeSat Dec 01, 2007 3:57 pm

http://www.myspace.com/audioextremes
hay check this guy out he has kickers 290 a pair shipped to u i think 10s but it will save u some money and give u a good subs.Think about it u can get 4 10s cheaper than them 12s and have better speakers man.the more u buy the cheaper they get so if u were 2 get 4 they might be less.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: need some good info on this   need some good info on this Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

need some good info on this
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Mobile Audio Competitors Organization :: GENERAL DISCUSSION :: HOW TO GET LOUD! :: HOW TO GET LOUD!-
Jump to: