Mobile Audio Competitors Organization
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE LOUDEST SPORT ON EARTH!

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Joint Finals a success. USACI numbers down due to very remote (from USACI) location but better than expected. Results posted on web site.
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» STETSOM 7KD
what do YOU think? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2020 7:37 pm by big bass joel

» any blown stetsom 7kd or 2k6d amps for sale
what do YOU think? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2020 7:32 pm by big bass joel

» We need the forums back
what do YOU think? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2019 2:41 pm by svillarrial

» THIS OLD FORUM IS ALIVE!!!! 6/14/17
what do YOU think? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 22, 2017 11:11 pm by 80INCHES

» It's back up !
what do YOU think? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2016 7:03 pm by chrisfish

» 2 Atomic apocalypse 12s D4
what do YOU think? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2016 12:53 am by supersquirt

» well hello
what do YOU think? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2015 5:46 am by TAMU

» WELLLWELLL
what do YOU think? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 4:24 pm by Nice

» SLAMBOREE AUG 1 & 2
what do YOU think? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2015 12:14 pm by Pro_Mom

Top posters
sanman
what do YOU think? - Page 3 Vote_lcapwhat do YOU think? - Page 3 Voting_barwhat do YOU think? - Page 3 Vote_rcap 
The_Rowlands
what do YOU think? - Page 3 Vote_lcapwhat do YOU think? - Page 3 Voting_barwhat do YOU think? - Page 3 Vote_rcap 
chrisfish
Stingraysevenout
scionsoloxb
TECH114
Alan
supadave
Moparbass28
Navi
Statistics
We have 1855 registered users
The newest registered user is Farenheit

Our users have posted a total of 222582 messages in 12665 subjects
Keywords
chef silence world 2010 crank stereo globe kyle broken drive quad build state contest record disc dollar Audiopipe records finals 80inches crzyblondgrl songs louisiana pics Johncarr
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of United States Autosound Competition International on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of Mobile Audio Competitors Organization on your social bookmarking website

what do YOU think?

Go down 
+13
Matt_08_18
BBGIC
Ikyo
Alan
Navi
scionsoloxb
maddog
The_Rowlands
Upzaw2000
blakes
sanman
RXZILLA
chrisfish
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
chrisfish
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
chrisfish

Number of posts : 6521
Registration date : 2009-05-16

what do YOU think? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: what do YOU think?   what do YOU think? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2012 8:38 pm

First topic message reminder :

Get rid of the 601 -1800 crap and line every thing up. We have trunk 0-1000 mod 0-1000
And stock 0-600 ..the only reason we hold on to it is for is the pf600.1 . They don't even make them anymore! Just re class en to 500@4 and move on!
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
nebrsq
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
nebrsq

Number of posts : 382
Registration date : 2007-06-26

PostSubject: Re: what do YOU think?   what do YOU think? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 16, 2012 2:24 am

I've been around for a few years, and ya'll are right.
There are a lot of guys that don't compete if they can't win. Those guys usually don't hang around long-no need to worry about them.
It is tough to be a top competitor in any national class. Most guys start out with what their shop offers, and if they get the itch, they try to improve on it. I have had a lot of guys that are happy with thier 140db setup-their interests and hobbies lie elsewhere. I have a few that want to go big, some can afford it, some cannot. Either way, having the show benifits both the shop and the org as the shop has sold equp., and hopefully 1 out of 10 at a local show will want to keep competition.

Some get into it and just like the compeitition-as is myself. I run what I have, or can afford, and I too, have bought off the internet, I'd say roughly abotu 1/2 of what I have-only reason is because I cannot get that particular equpt. at my shop.
Finally,In any org, you have to conform to the rules that they have, and sometimes it goes against the equip. that the local shop offers. Myself case in point-152db, but in modified 2 to 4 due to the vehicle and amp. For me it is what it is. I've tought about getting a usaci friendly amp, but that is not all there is to it. There is one thing that a lot of new people overlook-and that is the build.
I hit 152 give or take. Upgrading to a RD DC, Cactus, or any other amp that would better suit my class options won't do any good until I get my build right.
That is the end of my pointless rambling......
Back to top Go down
Alan
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Alan

Number of posts : 3897
Registration date : 2008-02-05

PostSubject: Re: what do YOU think?   what do YOU think? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 16, 2012 9:18 am

memphis_yota wrote:
Alan wrote:
Tge biggest reason shops get upset about hosting a show my opinion is because they dont take advantage of it. If im a shop and want to sell brand XXX... then im going to do what it takes to get all the brand XXX sponsored cars and demo cars there i can. Theres no reason to host a show if your potential customers are seeing a bunch of eqpt you dont even sell.

No the bigger problem is Internet sales.
90% or better of consumers are happy with 2 12's and 1000 watts for $400. Loudest guy in the area according to them and their friends, go to a show and get beat by 10 db. Then here comes the question how can I get louder and you reply oh well your not going to be competitive in this org without buying this amp. How much is this amp you are talking about? Around $1000 and with that we have to upgrade your electrical and those 2 12's you have won't play long on your new setup. How much is that? Couple of clicks on the calculator and with install, subs, custom box that will do a decent #, 0 gauge that'll be a little over $2000. Hopefully then you have a customer that is ready to drop 2 grand and they say let's do it. Well the d5 is not available the aq is direct only, sundown which doesn't have any thing that fits in the class, he can get for close to the same price as the shop cactus can't be bought and the new b5's are overseas.
Now being a shop why would I want to have a show where my main stream stocked equipment is not going to be competive and the product that is can be had direct for about the same price as the shop.
Figure out how to promote main stream audio and the shops would be more interested.

These two post kinda go hand in hand.

No homo. :-)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: what do YOU think?   what do YOU think? - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

what do YOU think?
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Mobile Audio Competitors Organization :: GENERAL DISCUSSION :: General Discussion :: GENERAL SOUND COMPETITION DISCUSSION-
Jump to: