Mobile Audio Competitors Organization
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE LOUDEST SPORT ON EARTH!

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Joint Finals a success. USACI numbers down due to very remote (from USACI) location but better than expected. Results posted on web site.
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» STETSOM 7KD
Texas Heatwave (Austin) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2020 7:37 pm by big bass joel

» any blown stetsom 7kd or 2k6d amps for sale
Texas Heatwave (Austin) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2020 7:32 pm by big bass joel

» We need the forums back
Texas Heatwave (Austin) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2019 2:41 pm by svillarrial

» THIS OLD FORUM IS ALIVE!!!! 6/14/17
Texas Heatwave (Austin) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 22, 2017 11:11 pm by 80INCHES

» It's back up !
Texas Heatwave (Austin) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2016 7:03 pm by chrisfish

» 2 Atomic apocalypse 12s D4
Texas Heatwave (Austin) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2016 12:53 am by supersquirt

» well hello
Texas Heatwave (Austin) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2015 5:46 am by TAMU

» WELLLWELLL
Texas Heatwave (Austin) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 4:24 pm by Nice

» SLAMBOREE AUG 1 & 2
Texas Heatwave (Austin) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2015 12:14 pm by Pro_Mom

Top posters
sanman
Texas Heatwave (Austin) - Page 2 Vote_lcapTexas Heatwave (Austin) - Page 2 Voting_barTexas Heatwave (Austin) - Page 2 Vote_rcap 
The_Rowlands
Texas Heatwave (Austin) - Page 2 Vote_lcapTexas Heatwave (Austin) - Page 2 Voting_barTexas Heatwave (Austin) - Page 2 Vote_rcap 
chrisfish
Stingraysevenout
scionsoloxb
TECH114
Alan
supadave
Moparbass28
Navi
Statistics
We have 1855 registered users
The newest registered user is Farenheit

Our users have posted a total of 222582 messages in 12665 subjects
Keywords
drive songs state contest finals 2010 pics chef records crank Johncarr world crzyblondgrl louisiana disc kyle dollar build globe broken stereo Audiopipe record quad silence 80inches
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of United States Autosound Competition International on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of Mobile Audio Competitors Organization on your social bookmarking website

Texas Heatwave (Austin)

Go down 
+15
Chris's Studio Civic
TeamTCA
saltybeanbag
TAMU
PerformanceTyler
ShowB
Stubbs
Maldonadosqs
jkrob21
SQYUKON
firespl
BBGIC
EAllen
jsketoe
SouthSyde
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
SouthSyde
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor

Number of posts : 105
Registration date : 2011-07-24

Texas Heatwave (Austin) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Texas Heatwave (Austin)   Texas Heatwave (Austin) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2012 4:20 pm

First topic message reminder :

Does anyone know who will be judging?

Anyone going?

Thanks
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
PerformanceTyler
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
PerformanceTyler

Number of posts : 299
Registration date : 2007-08-19

PostSubject: Re: Texas Heatwave (Austin)   Texas Heatwave (Austin) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2012 5:08 pm

Chasing "points" It doesnt do much good if you aquire points in the wrong class. And the SPL guys still \"Female dog\" waaaay more than we do.
Back to top Go down
jkrob21
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
jkrob21

Number of posts : 1476
Registration date : 2007-06-25

PostSubject: Re: Texas Heatwave (Austin)   Texas Heatwave (Austin) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2012 8:47 pm

TAMU wrote:
you sq guys ever hear of chasing points for finals,who really cares what class he competed you sq guys make your own problems and you wonder why your side is declining,thank god i made the right choice in 1999 and switched over from sound q and hell i had wilson adcock doing my builds at the time.

ROTFLMAOL Well now isn't that the pot calling the kettle black! You don't chase points in the wrong class. That would get you no where seeing as you have to have majority of points in the class(es) you plan to run at finals. On the other hand if the car in discussion here is indeed a manu rep car...the Extreme classes don't even need points for finals. So back to the rules discussion we go.

I tend to agree with James here. I think this must have been an experiment to test the directors and judges. Ralph asked us to let him know when we see something go down that should not have been. Looks like folks are just doing what was asked of them to me.
Back to top Go down
BBGIC
Big Bald Guy in Charge
Big Bald Guy in Charge
BBGIC

Number of posts : 2358
Registration date : 2007-06-22

PostSubject: Re: Texas Heatwave (Austin)   Texas Heatwave (Austin) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2012 11:41 pm

I am still a little in the dark about this. If a competitor has more than one car we claissify the vehicles. I the car does belong to a rep or manufacturer then it belongs in the higher class.

That said.

USACMS@AOL.com

If I do not get an e-mail with the names, particulars, and accusations I WILL NOT INVESTIGATE this. There is a proceedure in place that needs to be followed. Making statements or accusations on the forums is not serving any positive pourpose.
Back to top Go down
http://www.soundoff.org
jkrob21
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
jkrob21

PostSubject: Re: Texas Heatwave (Austin)   Texas Heatwave (Austin) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 12:08 am

BBGIC wrote:
I am still a little in the dark about this. If a competitor has more than one car we claissify the vehicles. I the car does belong to a rep or manufacturer then it belongs in the higher class.

That said.

USACMS@AOL.com

If I do not get an e-mail with the names, particulars, and accusations I WILL NOT INVESTIGATE this. There is a proceedure in place that needs to be followed. Making statements or accusations on the forums is not serving any positive pourpose.

Not following the rules is not serving any positive purpose either. You have mail!
Back to top Go down
BBGIC
Big Bald Guy in Charge
Big Bald Guy in Charge
BBGIC

Number of posts : 2358
Registration date : 2007-06-22

PostSubject: Re: Texas Heatwave (Austin)   Texas Heatwave (Austin) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 7:53 pm

jkrob21 wrote:
TAMU wrote:
you sq guys ever hear of chasing points for finals,who really cares what class he competed you sq guys make your own problems and you wonder why your side is declining,thank god i made the right choice in 1999 and switched over from sound q and hell i had wilson adcock doing my builds at the time.

ROTFLMAOL Well now isn't that the pot calling the kettle black! You don't chase points in the wrong class. That would get you no where seeing as you have to have majority of points in the class(es) you plan to run at finals. On the other hand if the car in discussion here is indeed a manu rep car...the Extreme classes don't even need points for finals. So back to the rules discussion we go.

I tend to agree with James here. I think this must have been an experiment to test the directors and judges. Ralph asked us to let him know when we see something go down that should not have been. Looks like folks are just doing what was asked of them to me.

If folks were doing what I asked I would have received e-mails or phone calls...... :-)
Back to top Go down
http://www.soundoff.org
PerformanceTyler
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
PerformanceTyler

PostSubject: Re: Texas Heatwave (Austin)   Texas Heatwave (Austin) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 9:41 am

Not to change the subject but that cannot be SPL guys (including TAMU) bitching on the forum under the remote finals thread in the general discussion because only SQ guys do that.lol
Back to top Go down
Stubbs
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
Stubbs

Number of posts : 162
Registration date : 2011-04-05

PostSubject: Re: Texas Heatwave (Austin)   Texas Heatwave (Austin) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 3:44 pm

ITS NOT IN THE RULE BOOK PER "VEHICLE" STATED MANY TIMES, IF A COMPETITOR HAS COMPETED THEY CANNOT MOVE BACK DOWN, JUST AS SOMEONE IN MODIFIED CANNOT COMPETE IN INTRO, OR EXTREME COMPETE IN INTRO OR MODIFIED, NO MATTER THE VEHICLE THEY BRING, ITS COMPETITOR NOT THE VEHICLE, IF YOU CANT GET IT RIGHT THEN WE HAVE SOME ISSUES HERE BIGGER THAN FIRST THOUGHT...

THE WAY YOU WORDED ALL THIS SIR IS HOW I AM ABOUT TO ASK THIS QUESTION THEN...

SO MY 1956 HAS TO COMPETE IN MODIFIED, WE HAVE ALL ESTABLISHED THAT, SO MY 2011 DODGE RAM THAT HAS NOT BEEN SHOWN YET, OR MY 1954 BUICK THAT ISNT BUILT YET IS QUALIFIED TO RUN IN INTRO SQ AGAIN? IF SO ILL BUILD THIS BUICK AND THE 2011 AND DO INTRO SQ ALL OVER AGAIN IF THIS IS THE CASE...

MY ISSUE IS THE ETHICS OF HAVING SAID "RULES" AND NO ONE WANTING TO ENFORCE SAID "RULES"
Back to top Go down
PerformanceTyler
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
PerformanceTyler

PostSubject: Re: Texas Heatwave (Austin)   Texas Heatwave (Austin) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 4:50 pm

As far as I know a person can compete extreme by choice and not have to always continue to compete there unless their car or if they are working for a manufacturer relegates them to it. I could be wrong.
Back to top Go down
jkrob21
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
jkrob21

PostSubject: Re: Texas Heatwave (Austin)   Texas Heatwave (Austin) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 6:55 pm

PerformanceTyler wrote:
As far as I know a person can compete extreme by choice and not have to always continue to compete there unless their car or if they are working for a manufacturer relegates them to it. I could be wrong.

Right but you can't compete in Extreme SQ+ along with any Q class.
Back to top Go down
saltybeanbag
saltybeanbag

Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2011-04-09

PostSubject: Re: Texas Heatwave (Austin)   Texas Heatwave (Austin) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2012 1:35 am

Extreme SQ+ you can compete in any other SQ/SQ+ class but NOT in a Q only class. Thats plainly in the rules.
Back to top Go down
Stubbs
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
Stubbs

Number of posts : 162
Registration date : 2011-04-05

PostSubject: Re: Texas Heatwave (Austin)   Texas Heatwave (Austin) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2012 9:45 am

A QUOTE FROM THE RULE BOOK FOR SALTY

"Once you compete in this class by choice you cannot move to lower classes without prior approval by the USACi Rules and Ethics Committee"

Back to top Go down
jkrob21
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
jkrob21

PostSubject: Re: Texas Heatwave (Austin)   Texas Heatwave (Austin) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2012 10:40 am

Stubbs, you are confusing the rules for Extreme SQ (2 seat) and Extreme SQ+ (1 seat) again. The two classes are set up differently.
Back to top Go down
TeamTCA
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
TeamTCA

Number of posts : 195
Registration date : 2009-08-15

PostSubject: Re: Texas Heatwave (Austin)   Texas Heatwave (Austin) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2012 5:27 pm

Xtreme SQ+ was/IS a class that was designed for ANYONE competing who's vehicle does NOT qualify and/or fit into ANY of the other classes. Plain and simple. As stated earlier, the other major differences ARE: single seat judging (twice by 2 different judges in same seat) and unlimited SPL. Xtreme SQ is EXACTLY like SuperMOD SQ with the difference being harder competition and designed for anyone working for and/or affiliated with a 12v manufacturer, rep firm, etc OR any competitor that qualifies in ANY OTHER organization as an EXPERT.

ANY ONE can so choose to run Xtreme SQ+ BY CHOICE at any time or simultaneously while competiting in another class THAT SAID VEHICLE QUALIFIES FOR BY RULE REQUIREMENTS, EXCEPT for ANY OTHER "Q" (sound only) class.

IF anyone builds a car and wants to compete at the HIGHEST LEVEL with two seat judging then Xtreme SQ is the class. The other alternative, Xtreme SQ+, is essentially the same level but is ONLY judged from a single seat, regardless of where it is located within the vehicle BUT ALSO REQUIRES THE COMPETITOR TO SPL, whereas the FULL SCORE IS ADDED (unlimited). Any Xtreme SQ+ score at any event will always be higher in point total due to the fact that SPL at full value is ADDED/INCLUDED in the total score. Xtreme SQ+ is not (sound & install only).
Back to top Go down
http://www.tcaudio.net
TeamTCA
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
TeamTCA

PostSubject: Re: Texas Heatwave (Austin)   Texas Heatwave (Austin) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2012 5:37 pm

Furthermore, I wasn't at Heatwave so I do not know for sure. Only what I've heard. There should have been no "test" to see if officials or anyone else was "watching" to catch anything like this. USACi is already way understaffed and unforunately many do NOT know the current set of Rules anyway. This particular case could have been an instant where someone just wanted their name called multiple times. Either way, rules are rules and nobody with a single seat, center drive car should have been allowed to enter ANY other class, much less compete with someone else's vehicle.

Always something. LOL.

Back to top Go down
saltybeanbag
saltybeanbag

Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2011-04-09

PostSubject: Re: Texas Heatwave (Austin)   Texas Heatwave (Austin) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2012 9:40 pm

Todd i said the same thing in a single sentence LOL!
Just remember the caliber of judging this year could make or break this leagues SQ format.
Back to top Go down
jsketoe
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor

Number of posts : 1587
Registration date : 2007-06-23

PostSubject: Re: Texas Heatwave (Austin)   Texas Heatwave (Austin) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 10:52 am

This thread is like an episode of Punked.
Back to top Go down
Chris's Studio Civic
Above Average Contributor

Number of posts : 687
Registration date : 2007-07-23

PostSubject: Re: Texas Heatwave (Austin)   Texas Heatwave (Austin) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 11:11 am

You know I have a tendency of late to not waste my time following or reading any forums at all.... What's funny is everyone who has posted on this thread has my cell phone or email..... If you guys did any research you would know that all the cars we brought (my Honda, Lou's tundra, and Mike's Yukon) were registered under my shops name. There was obviously a mix up and my name got put in the computer for lou's truck. The same thing happened in the car show when the Honda won best of show.... They called out Lou's tundra and realized it was a mistake and re announced it as my Honda. So to all you peeps out there trying to figure out the who and why behind things..... You could have saved yourself a lot of hassle and called or emailed me.....first off I don't need to chase points........ I am an expert.... I can show up with a tricycle the day of the event and compete, secondly I am not going to finals at all this year, thirdly...... Before speculating on anything take the time to do a little research or call somebody to get the whole story. Well, I have taken up enough of yalls time...... Take care
Back to top Go down
Chris's Studio Civic

PostSubject: Re: Texas Heatwave (Austin)   Texas Heatwave (Austin) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 12:02 pm

Oh, and fourthly.........my car is not owned by a manufacturer......... It is sitting right here on my show room floor. Also I am not a rep..... And yes Ralph is 100% right. You class the vehicle, not the competitor. So even if I had actually brought more than one car I could feasibly enter one in mod q if it fit the rules of the class and the other in extreme sq+ if the second vehicle fit that class. But, if you guys would have been at the show, you would know that Lou was at the show with his truck..... You can also check my Facebook for a cute pic of him sleeping next to nick wingate's new build in his challenger.....so there was no conspiracy..... No secret test of the rules..... No resurfacing of "Captain Grey Area". We just decided to make our annual trip to our favorite car show..... Texas Heateave in Austin!!! And yes..... the tequila was awesome!!!
Back to top Go down
jsketoe
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Texas Heatwave (Austin)   Texas Heatwave (Austin) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 12:14 pm

Captain Grey Area. lol
Back to top Go down
SQ-LS400
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor

Number of posts : 155
Registration date : 2007-11-27

PostSubject: Re: Texas Heatwave (Austin)   Texas Heatwave (Austin) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 12:17 pm

Sigh... and folks wonder why I don't care about shows any more. So much funner to get drunk and sleep next to a Challenger.
Back to top Go down
jsketoe
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Texas Heatwave (Austin)   Texas Heatwave (Austin) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 12:21 pm

Lou...congrats on winning best import car/paint or whatever! LOL
Back to top Go down
SQ-LS400
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Texas Heatwave (Austin)   Texas Heatwave (Austin) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 12:25 pm

PerformanceTyler wrote:
Its my understanding that the car in question is owned by someone that works for a manufacturer....but I was not there so I cant say that for certain. Laughing

Owned by a shop owner NOT worker of a manufacturer. Crap, I don't even own it and I own the shop. LOL
Back to top Go down
SQ-LS400
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Texas Heatwave (Austin)   Texas Heatwave (Austin) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 12:31 pm

jsketoe wrote:
Lou...congrats on winning best import car/paint or whatever! LOL

Right!!!! And here I am trying to get my truck repainted because I thought it looks like S@$#@#
Back to top Go down
Chris's Studio Civic

PostSubject: Re: Texas Heatwave (Austin)   Texas Heatwave (Austin) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 12:51 pm

Yeah.... Well you might as well own it bro..... Owe you everything for all you've done for me......

"we ride together..... We die together, bad boys for life".......
Back to top Go down
TeamTCA
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
TeamTCA

PostSubject: Re: Texas Heatwave (Austin)   Texas Heatwave (Austin) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 2:20 pm

Chris, I got no problem with what you just stated as to who/what was at the show this year. Again, I did not go so do not know. Someone else told me, and apparently a few others that Nick's NEW build (Challenger) was there and competed in MOD Q. I don't know why folks just don't let 'em drop and spit it out. That is the "car in question" from what I've been told. And we all know that Nick is a manufacturer's Rep for Focal/Mosconi/Illusion so IF in fact he did compete with his car (or someone else did) then he should have been either "Xtreme" class as I'm sure you know.

I believe it was you, I think, that stated on Diyma that Nick's car would be there and be competing in the MOD class. Again, dude, I don't know and really don't care but rules are rules and enough folks complain about the smallest S H I T on here anyway, so don't give reason for more. THat's all I'm saying. I don't think whomever posted up the SQ Results from Heatwave are complete either but again I do not know for sure. Later....

Back to top Go down
Chris's Studio Civic

PostSubject: Re: Texas Heatwave (Austin)   Texas Heatwave (Austin) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 2:30 pm

By all means if I posted on a diyma forum.... I sure as heck don't remember........but I didn't read anywhere in this thread that the car in question was Nick Wingate's challenger. Actually seemed that it was directed at me and the Honda. Facts are this........ If you want the real story then pick up the phone, or email me or Nick. His car was never entered, nor did a judge ever get In his car. So once again rumors and hearsay are just that, if someone wants the real story.... Ask the people who were there and involved.
Back to top Go down
SQ-LS400
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Texas Heatwave (Austin)   Texas Heatwave (Austin) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 2:49 pm

Team Mobile Toys Inc. are such trouble makers... Man, and I thought Azn women are the best at spreading rumors.
Back to top Go down
jsketoe
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Texas Heatwave (Austin)   Texas Heatwave (Austin) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 2:53 pm

FYI...from Nick Wingate. He can't get on here and post. His car did not compete there at Heatwave.

From me:
These rumors are from whoever in TX stirring the pot. If the Challenger would have competed at Heatwave and beat the cars in its class (xtreme), then...and only then, would people have something to complain about. I think this pretty much closes this complaint BS and needing to email Ralph...lol...agreed?
I'm not a moderator here anymore so I can't lock this thread. But at this point...enough.
Back to top Go down
Chris's Studio Civic

PostSubject: Re: Texas Heatwave (Austin)   Texas Heatwave (Austin) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 2:57 pm

What's hilarious is that you guys built this whole thread and story based on how someone posted the results and a clerical error. I have heard everything from the director was in the wrong, the competitor was testing the judges, to we are just getting points for finals, to what's next....... We are using this as our spring board for world domination using focal speakers to align near earth satellites and control the planets weather......... I haven't done a thing wrong, Nick Wingate didn't do a thing wrong..... And this is a prime example of why we try to stay off these forums unless it's necessary to clear the air. So you know what Todd, Stubbs, John..... And everyone else...... It's cool, now you know what actually took place.
Back to top Go down
TeamTCA
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
TeamTCA

PostSubject: Re: Texas Heatwave (Austin)   Texas Heatwave (Austin) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 3:45 pm

It's all good. Btw, I looked it up on DIYMA and it was Nick himself that posted that you had been doing the build on his car and if finished that it would be at Heatwave in Mod Q. I don't make this stuff up. LOL

http://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/12-volt-events-team-diyma/132819-heatwave-austin-texas.html

Simple misunderstanding by ALL of those who thought something different went down. Like I said before, I wasn't there so didn't really know. I don't care one way or the other but I am like a few other guys that are still left and just want ALL the Rules to be followed. Someone just saw your name, Chris, listed more than once and threw up the red flag. That's about all that it amounts to at this point. I apologize for saying that you posted on Diyma. Although someone else did send me the link and it would be easy to ASSUME, although not true in this case, that's what had happened with no one catching it when in fact this was not the case. I'm also with you on staying off these forums. I just wanted to throw the rest of the story out there as to what apparently many were thinking had happened even though not true.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Texas Heatwave (Austin)   Texas Heatwave (Austin) - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Texas Heatwave (Austin)
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next