Mobile Audio Competitors Organization
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE LOUDEST SPORT ON EARTH!

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Joint Finals a success. USACI numbers down due to very remote (from USACI) location but better than expected. Results posted on web site.
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» STETSOM 7KD
Texas Heatwave (Austin) Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2020 7:37 pm by big bass joel

» any blown stetsom 7kd or 2k6d amps for sale
Texas Heatwave (Austin) Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2020 7:32 pm by big bass joel

» We need the forums back
Texas Heatwave (Austin) Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2019 2:41 pm by svillarrial

» THIS OLD FORUM IS ALIVE!!!! 6/14/17
Texas Heatwave (Austin) Icon_minitimeFri Sep 22, 2017 11:11 pm by 80INCHES

» It's back up !
Texas Heatwave (Austin) Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2016 7:03 pm by chrisfish

» 2 Atomic apocalypse 12s D4
Texas Heatwave (Austin) Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2016 12:53 am by supersquirt

» well hello
Texas Heatwave (Austin) Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2015 5:46 am by TAMU

» WELLLWELLL
Texas Heatwave (Austin) Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 4:24 pm by Nice

» SLAMBOREE AUG 1 & 2
Texas Heatwave (Austin) Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2015 12:14 pm by Pro_Mom

Top posters
sanman
Texas Heatwave (Austin) Vote_lcapTexas Heatwave (Austin) Voting_barTexas Heatwave (Austin) Vote_rcap 
The_Rowlands
Texas Heatwave (Austin) Vote_lcapTexas Heatwave (Austin) Voting_barTexas Heatwave (Austin) Vote_rcap 
chrisfish
Stingraysevenout
scionsoloxb
TECH114
Alan
supadave
Moparbass28
Navi
Statistics
We have 1855 registered users
The newest registered user is Farenheit

Our users have posted a total of 222582 messages in 12665 subjects
Keywords
80inches stereo build crank broken dollar record state Audiopipe pics 2010 world silence kyle louisiana disc quad songs globe crzyblondgrl records finals drive chef Johncarr contest
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of United States Autosound Competition International on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of Mobile Audio Competitors Organization on your social bookmarking website

Texas Heatwave (Austin)

Go down 
+15
Chris's Studio Civic
TeamTCA
saltybeanbag
TAMU
PerformanceTyler
ShowB
Stubbs
Maldonadosqs
jkrob21
SQYUKON
firespl
BBGIC
EAllen
jsketoe
SouthSyde
19 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
SouthSyde
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor

Number of posts : 105
Registration date : 2011-07-24

Texas Heatwave (Austin) Empty
PostSubject: Texas Heatwave (Austin)   Texas Heatwave (Austin) Icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2012 4:20 pm

Does anyone know who will be judging?

Anyone going?

Thanks
Back to top Go down
jsketoe
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor

Number of posts : 1587
Registration date : 2007-06-23

PostSubject: Re: Texas Heatwave (Austin)   Texas Heatwave (Austin) Icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2012 8:51 pm

Not me and not me. Lol
Remember...preregister or no sq.
I plan on hitting this show next year.
Back to top Go down
EAllen
EAllen

Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2008-09-08

PostSubject: Re: Texas Heatwave (Austin)   Texas Heatwave (Austin) Icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2012 9:37 am

Isn't preregistering only for 1x and 2x shows?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Texas Heatwave (Austin)   Texas Heatwave (Austin) Icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2012 1:46 pm

EAllen wrote:

The sq "guidlines" thread doesn't specifically say that but it is implied. But then, of course, there were supposed to be regular site updates too. No points updates for four months. I'm guessing the competitors need to step up somehow in this area also.
Back to top Go down
jsketoe
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Texas Heatwave (Austin)   Texas Heatwave (Austin) Icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2012 7:10 am

My understanding is that sq is pretty much a no go unless it's a triple point or higher. Well...if you want good judging at least. It appears there is still sq at the lower point shows but judging is done by the USAC person running the show...you get what you get. They only bring in a certified sq judge for the big events thus requiring registration. IMO, if Shane is involved, judging should come together for the event. The heatwave shows usually aren't slacking.
Back to top Go down
BBGIC
Big Bald Guy in Charge
Big Bald Guy in Charge
BBGIC

Number of posts : 2358
Registration date : 2007-06-22

PostSubject: Re: Texas Heatwave (Austin)   Texas Heatwave (Austin) Icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2012 4:52 pm

SQ will be allowed at all FE events regardless of points. If we have enough pre registered at 1x and 2x we will bring in an SQ judge. If not then there will still be SQ just judged by the director on hand regardless of his/her SQ credentials.

Nopt asking too much for pre registration to make sure we do not bring in an SQ judge and have ZERO SQ cars. Hard to justify that expense.
Back to top Go down
http://www.soundoff.org
BBGIC
Big Bald Guy in Charge
Big Bald Guy in Charge
BBGIC

Number of posts : 2358
Registration date : 2007-06-22

PostSubject: Re: Texas Heatwave (Austin)   Texas Heatwave (Austin) Icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2012 4:53 pm

EAllen wrote:

Correct
Back to top Go down
http://www.soundoff.org
firespl
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
firespl

Number of posts : 76
Registration date : 2009-06-05

PostSubject: Re: Texas Heatwave (Austin)   Texas Heatwave (Austin) Icon_minitimeSun Jul 22, 2012 11:25 pm

We will be there with a few cars
Back to top Go down
SQYUKON

Number of posts : 42
Registration date : 2008-12-17

PostSubject: Re: Texas Heatwave (Austin)   Texas Heatwave (Austin) Icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2012 7:06 am

Sitting here in hot ass Iraq missing my bros. Good luck guys!
Back to top Go down
firespl
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
firespl

Number of posts : 76
Registration date : 2009-06-05

PostSubject: Re: Texas Heatwave (Austin)   Texas Heatwave (Austin) Icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2012 9:59 am

Dont worry Mike your truck is all nice and clean and sound great, stay safe out there bro.
Back to top Go down
SQYUKON

PostSubject: Re: Texas Heatwave (Austin)   Texas Heatwave (Austin) Icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2012 11:52 am

firespl wrote:
Dont worry Mike your truck is all nice and clean and sound great, stay safe out there bro.

Thanks Bro. Tell everyone hello and I apprecaite everything you guys do for me.
Back to top Go down
jsketoe
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Texas Heatwave (Austin)   Texas Heatwave (Austin) Icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2012 3:28 pm

Thanks for serving SQYukon. I like that truck...the blue is awesome...haven't seen many that color.

So...to you guys at the show...what was the new logo on the 'trailer'?
Back to top Go down
jkrob21
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
jkrob21

Number of posts : 1476
Registration date : 2007-06-25

PostSubject: Re: Texas Heatwave (Austin)   Texas Heatwave (Austin) Icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2012 9:44 pm

Copied from facebook.

Texas Heatwave (Austin) Traileratheatwave
Back to top Go down
SQYUKON

PostSubject: Re: Texas Heatwave (Austin)   Texas Heatwave (Austin) Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2012 1:09 am

jsketoe wrote:
Thanks for serving SQYukon. I like that truck...the blue is awesome...haven't seen many that color.

So...to you guys at the show...what was the new logo on the 'trailer'?

Thanks Bro. I actually got that from the dealer. Some guy had special ordered that color and decided he didn't want the truck. I have seen 1 more like that in College Station, but thats it. The color is called fleet blue.
Back to top Go down
SQYUKON

PostSubject: Re: Texas Heatwave (Austin)   Texas Heatwave (Austin) Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2012 1:11 am

Anybody have the results for SQ from this weekend?
Back to top Go down
Maldonadosqs
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
Maldonadosqs

Number of posts : 101
Registration date : 2009-04-16

PostSubject: Re: Texas Heatwave (Austin)   Texas Heatwave (Austin) Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2012 8:50 pm

Hi the results for SQ from this weekend for heatwave austin usaci 2012

Greetings
Back to top Go down
EAllen
EAllen

Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2008-09-08

PostSubject: Re: Texas Heatwave (Austin)   Texas Heatwave (Austin) Icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2012 10:22 am

Copied from another post

P21179 PATE CHRIS SQ Modified Q 100

C131348 Hansen Erik SQ Super Modified Q 100

C120839 Gonzalez Robert SQ Street Q+ 100
C117311 Tyson David SQ Street Q+ 99

P98170 RICE ED SQ Modified SQ 100
C115148 SANCHEZ RENE SQ Modified SQ 99

C131775 Rusu flavius SQ Basic SQ+ 100

C130377 Rice Surina SQ Modified SQ+ 100

P21179 PATE CHRIS SQ Xtreme SQ+ 100

C130820 Johnson Mike SQ Modified SQ+ 99
C130440 Ramos Hugo SQ Modified SQ+ 98

Back to top Go down
Stubbs
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
Stubbs

Number of posts : 162
Registration date : 2011-04-05

PostSubject: Re: Texas Heatwave (Austin)   Texas Heatwave (Austin) Icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2012 3:56 pm

XTREME SQ - All former "expert" or manufacturer-type vehicles in this class or anyone that so chooses. Anyone who works for a 12-volt manufacturer or distributor, receives free equipment, USACi directors/employees as well as "high ranking" individuals of competing organizations MUST compete in the Xtreme division. Once you compete in this class by choice you cannot move to lower classes without prior approval by the USACi Rules and Ethics Committee. Qualification to compete in Xtreme SQ at World Finals is not required.

Quoted From the SQ 2012 Rulebook... How did someone compete in Xtreme and Modified? Guess we need to use this rule book for toilet paper or what?

Back to top Go down
jkrob21
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
jkrob21

PostSubject: Re: Texas Heatwave (Austin)   Texas Heatwave (Austin) Icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2012 7:45 pm

XTREME SQ+ - ANY vehicle NOT meeting all judging criteria or safety standards in any of the other classes would place a competitor in this class or the competitor may compete in Xtreme SQ+ by choice. Any competitor may enter this class IN ADDITION TO their normal class if they desire. Qualification to compete in Xtreme SQ+ at World Finals is not required.
Xtreme SQ+ - 1 seat (Inst, Sound, SPL)

Copied from the rule book. It's set up different for SQ+ then SQ.

However you aren't allowed to enter any Q class. So you are still correct Stubbs. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
SQYUKON

PostSubject: Re: Texas Heatwave (Austin)   Texas Heatwave (Austin) Icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2012 1:18 am

Does it really matter if there is only one entry?
Back to top Go down
ShowB
Admin
Admin
ShowB

Number of posts : 230
Registration date : 2011-10-01

PostSubject: Re: Texas Heatwave (Austin)   Texas Heatwave (Austin) Icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2012 9:00 pm

jkrob21 wrote:
Copied from facebook.

Texas Heatwave (Austin) Traileratheatwave

Yeah I still don't get that one Question
Back to top Go down
http://www.bassbattles.com
jkrob21
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
jkrob21

PostSubject: Re: Texas Heatwave (Austin)   Texas Heatwave (Austin) Icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2012 9:41 pm

SQYUKON wrote:

Yes it does matter. Rules are rules. They should be followed at ALL shows. This has been part of the gripe. Some judges and directors don't know the rules and/or choose to ignore them. Competitors shouldn't have to wait for Finals to be told they can't do that after doing it show after show throughout the season. It's not fair!

With that being said. I wasn't there. For all I know the results posted here could be incorrect. However if the results are indeed correct...it simply continues to justify some of the complaints.
Back to top Go down
ShowB
Admin
Admin
ShowB

Number of posts : 230
Registration date : 2011-10-01

PostSubject: Re: Texas Heatwave (Austin)   Texas Heatwave (Austin) Icon_minitimeSat Aug 04, 2012 8:35 pm

jkrob21 wrote:
SQYUKON wrote:

Yes it does matter. Rules are rules. They should be followed at ALL shows. This has been part of the gripe. Some judges and directors don't know the rules and/or choose to ignore them. Competitors shouldn't have to wait for Finals to be told they can't do that after doing it show after show throughout the season. It's not fair!

With that being said. I wasn't there. For all I know the results posted here could be incorrect. However if the results are indeed correct...it simply continues to justify some of the complaints.

Agreed 1000%
Back to top Go down
http://www.bassbattles.com
SQYUKON

PostSubject: Re: Texas Heatwave (Austin)   Texas Heatwave (Austin) Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2012 4:56 am

Well then the judges should know the rules. I mean that's their job isn't it?
Back to top Go down
Stubbs
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
Stubbs

Number of posts : 162
Registration date : 2011-04-05

PostSubject: Re: Texas Heatwave (Austin)   Texas Heatwave (Austin) Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2012 3:54 pm

SQYUKON wrote:

And its up to the competitor to abide by them and not try to slip one in... Heatwave has no verification at their shows when pulling in for competiton, so you could buy 4 score cards, and with a director like who has been working those events, anything goes as long as he has $ comming in and car count of something. I believe if they are going to keep Heatwave REGIONAL events, someone from USACI needs to work the registration table with Heatwave staff and know the rule book and verify each person comming in to compete, bad part is it opens issues like this up, and If it was a 1st year or 2nd year competitor I could understand but someone who is deff a seasoned veteran of the sport getting this one in here..humm...pretty bad if you ask me

Fact is we have all made mistakes or done things to push the envelope in our builds or competed in the wrong class at some point or another, Im guilty of it at Bass Battles Finals last year, I didnt know the rule, But was corrected and agree and admit my mistake, I hope that when everyone is going to register at shows maybe we can show a little self worth and go where we need to be classification wise.. If we want this sport to make some kind of comeback or headway and not fizzle out crap like this has to be handled alot better, competitors and directors and all the way up in USACI chain of command. Some things need to change and I can say this, the current rules and regulations have some loop holes that the old rules didnt, and the average consumer cannot compete in many of USACI classes anymore and be competitive, just kinda sucks all in all and sucks the fun out.

Back to top Go down
PerformanceTyler
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
PerformanceTyler

Number of posts : 299
Registration date : 2007-08-19

PostSubject: Re: Texas Heatwave (Austin)   Texas Heatwave (Austin) Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2012 5:49 pm

Its my understanding that the car in question is owned by someone that works for a manufacturer....but I was not there so I cant say that for certain. Laughing
Back to top Go down
jkrob21
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
jkrob21

PostSubject: Re: Texas Heatwave (Austin)   Texas Heatwave (Austin) Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2012 9:08 pm

PerformanceTyler wrote:
Its my understanding that the car in question is owned by someone that works for a manufacturer....but I was not there so I cant say that for certain. Laughing

If that's the case it was still in the wrong class. Should have been Extreme. Per the rules.

XTREME SQ - All former "expert" or manufacturer-type vehicles in this class or anyone that so chooses. Anyone who works for a 12-volt manufacturer or distributor
Back to top Go down
jkrob21
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
jkrob21

PostSubject: Re: Texas Heatwave (Austin)   Texas Heatwave (Austin) Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2012 9:49 pm

Stubbs wrote:
SQYUKON wrote:

And its up to the competitor to abide by them and not try to slip one in... Heatwave has no verification at their shows when pulling in for competiton, so you could buy 4 score cards, and with a director like who has been working those events, anything goes as long as he has $ comming in and car count of something. I believe if they are going to keep Heatwave REGIONAL events, someone from USACI needs to work the registration table with Heatwave staff and know the rule book and verify each person comming in to compete, bad part is it opens issues like this up, and If it was a 1st year or 2nd year competitor I could understand but someone who is deff a seasoned veteran of the sport getting this one in here..humm...pretty bad if you ask me

Fact is we have all made mistakes or done things to push the envelope in our builds or competed in the wrong class at some point or another, Im guilty of it at Bass Battles Finals last year, I didnt know the rule, But was corrected and agree and admit my mistake, I hope that when everyone is going to register at shows maybe we can show a little self worth and go where we need to be classification wise.. If we want this sport to make some kind of comeback or headway and not fizzle out crap like this has to be handled alot better, competitors and directors and all the way up in USACI chain of command. Some things need to change and I can say this, the current rules and regulations have some loop holes that the old rules didnt, and the average consumer cannot compete in many of USACI classes anymore and be competitive, just kinda sucks all in all and sucks the fun out.

I tend to agree with most of what you have said here man. With one exception. The current rules are pretty fair and I feel they help level the field in todays car audio environment. Fact is you can jump on DIYMA at any time and find folks that get equipment for less than dealer cost or even employee accomadation. Some of those guys actually aren't shabby installers at all either. We did away with the "PRO" v.s. "CONSUMER" partially for these very reasons. A ton of these consumers have far more expendable income than a guy that works at a shop.

The previous divisions just don't do the job in todays car audio climate. Sponsorships aren't anywhere close to what they were back in the day. So you can't argue that point. You have to spend a metric sh*t ton of your own money and prove yourself in the lanes before any company or brand will even consider giving you a discount on gear.

Fact of the matter is most companies would rather put free equipment into a motocross champions Escalade.

Sure the rules need some tweaking. Several modifications to the currnet rules have been made over the last couple of years since we have had them in place. Most of these changes are made after a competitor see's things in action and discovers an area where corrections should be implemented. A complete new set of rules takes time and feedback to make more effective.

Back to top Go down
PerformanceTyler
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
PerformanceTyler

Number of posts : 299
Registration date : 2007-08-19

PostSubject: Re: Texas Heatwave (Austin)   Texas Heatwave (Austin) Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2012 9:47 am

jkrob21 wrote:
PerformanceTyler wrote:

If that's the case it was still in the wrong class. Should have been Extreme. Per the rules.

XTREME SQ - All former "expert" or manufacturer-type vehicles in this class or anyone that so chooses. Anyone who works for a 12-volt manufacturer or distributor

My point with this comment was to point out that this should not have happened and it is my opinion that it was done to "test" what would fly. My question would be how did this happen?
Back to top Go down
TAMU
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
TAMU

Number of posts : 1548

PostSubject: Re: Texas Heatwave (Austin)   Texas Heatwave (Austin) Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2012 2:47 pm

you sq guys ever hear of chasing points for finals,who really cares what class he competed you sq guys make your own problems and you wonder why your side is declining,thank god i made the right choice in 1999 and switched over from sound q and hell i had wilson adcock doing my builds at the time.
Back to top Go down
http://www.juggmaster.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Texas Heatwave (Austin)   Texas Heatwave (Austin) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Texas Heatwave (Austin)
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next