Mobile Audio Competitors Organization
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE LOUDEST SPORT ON EARTH!

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Joint Finals a success. USACI numbers down due to very remote (from USACI) location but better than expected. Results posted on web site.
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» STETSOM 7KD
Head SQ judge for finals... Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2020 7:37 pm by big bass joel

» any blown stetsom 7kd or 2k6d amps for sale
Head SQ judge for finals... Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2020 7:32 pm by big bass joel

» We need the forums back
Head SQ judge for finals... Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2019 2:41 pm by svillarrial

» THIS OLD FORUM IS ALIVE!!!! 6/14/17
Head SQ judge for finals... Icon_minitimeFri Sep 22, 2017 11:11 pm by 80INCHES

» It's back up !
Head SQ judge for finals... Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2016 7:03 pm by chrisfish

» 2 Atomic apocalypse 12s D4
Head SQ judge for finals... Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2016 12:53 am by supersquirt

» well hello
Head SQ judge for finals... Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2015 5:46 am by TAMU

» WELLLWELLL
Head SQ judge for finals... Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 4:24 pm by Nice

» SLAMBOREE AUG 1 & 2
Head SQ judge for finals... Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2015 12:14 pm by Pro_Mom

Top posters
sanman
Head SQ judge for finals... Vote_lcapHead SQ judge for finals... Voting_barHead SQ judge for finals... Vote_rcap 
The_Rowlands
Head SQ judge for finals... Vote_lcapHead SQ judge for finals... Voting_barHead SQ judge for finals... Vote_rcap 
chrisfish
Stingraysevenout
scionsoloxb
TECH114
Alan
supadave
Moparbass28
Navi
Statistics
We have 1855 registered users
The newest registered user is Farenheit

Our users have posted a total of 222582 messages in 12665 subjects
Keywords
80inches louisiana state 2010 kyle disc songs pics Johncarr contest record records build silence world dollar Audiopipe quad finals stereo globe chef crzyblondgrl broken crank drive
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of United States Autosound Competition International on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of Mobile Audio Competitors Organization on your social bookmarking website

Head SQ judge for finals...

Go down 
+4
tijuana_no
OnYrMrk
nebrsq
jsketoe
8 posters
AuthorMessage
jsketoe
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor

Number of posts : 1587
Registration date : 2007-06-23

Head SQ judge for finals... Empty
PostSubject: Head SQ judge for finals...   Head SQ judge for finals... Icon_minitimeFri May 25, 2012 1:23 pm

I have an email to Ralph since yesterday with a plan/budget. If it works, then I will be head judge for Finals. If not, no sweat off my nose. I had no intention to have to post this but Ralph posted that I 'was' the head judge...just clarifying that we are still working out the details. I've had quite a few calls/texts. I have my needs and requirements to make my plan work...Ralph has his budget to consider. Its a business decision he has to make and no hard feeling go one way or another. The judging staff and myself are plenty qualified...never know, some of the judges may still judge even if I'm not head judge. Maybe I'll still judge if I'm not head judge, never can tell. All I know is I'm trying to do my part to make SQ happen at finals the best I can in the given situation that Finals is further away from its judges and competitor base.
Back to top Go down
nebrsq
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
nebrsq

Number of posts : 382
Registration date : 2007-06-26

PostSubject: Re: Head SQ judge for finals...   Head SQ judge for finals... Icon_minitimeFri May 25, 2012 2:26 pm

I personally have no problem with you being in charge, would look forward to it. I know you'd do a good thorogh job, and I'd venture to say most would agree.
I addtion, if there is a need for extra help, I'd be happy to lend a hand. Been doing sq for 15 years. I am not what you'd say officially qualified to judge the sq portion, but as far as helpin install, verification, ect. I'd be happy to help to take the load off some of the other judges, and help where I can if needed. Just throwing that out there.
Looking forward to Indy.
Back to top Go down
OnYrMrk
Above Average Contributor
OnYrMrk

Number of posts : 893
Registration date : 2007-11-04

PostSubject: Re: Head SQ judge for finals...   Head SQ judge for finals... Icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2012 3:28 pm

If it were my vote, I would have you John as Head Judge. You have massive experience as head judge in the past as well as a qualified judge at previous finals. I just ask that as we have discussed in the past, that any judge that will be at Finals, will NOT be competing. It is an integrity issue. Good luck with your show this weekend too.
Back to top Go down
http://www.scentsy.com/wallis
jsketoe
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Head SQ judge for finals...   Head SQ judge for finals... Icon_minitimeSun Jun 03, 2012 12:09 pm

I retired from usaci after pretty much maxing out the entire sheet last year. Came real close. I call that ending on a good note. I still plan on competing in iasca in the future/currently. Of course I would not compete at finals if I am head judge at USAC.
Back to top Go down
tijuana_no
tijuana_no

Number of posts : 709
Registration date : 2007-09-12

PostSubject: Re: Head SQ judge for finals...   Head SQ judge for finals... Icon_minitimeSun Jun 03, 2012 9:58 pm

I really hope you be the head judge at finals , you be the best choice , I am looking forward in working with you and be the best help possible. I wanted to go to the show this weekend , but I forgot it was my sons graduation .
Back to top Go down
jsketoe
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Head SQ judge for finals...   Head SQ judge for finals... Icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2012 9:52 pm

I hope to find some way for my proposed budget for judging staff to work. If we can not figure it out by Friday, I will not be head judge, but I would volunteer to be A judge. I have to have my plans in place by June 8th. Is what it is. The fall is busy for me.
Back to top Go down
Cablguy
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
Cablguy

Number of posts : 335
Registration date : 2009-07-28

PostSubject: Re: Head SQ judge for finals...   Head SQ judge for finals... Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2012 2:39 am

Best of luck Sir !!!
Back to top Go down
jsketoe
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Head SQ judge for finals...   Head SQ judge for finals... Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2012 6:53 am

Yeah
Back to top Go down
BBGIC
Big Bald Guy in Charge
Big Bald Guy in Charge
BBGIC

Number of posts : 2358
Registration date : 2007-06-22

PostSubject: Re: Head SQ judge for finals...   Head SQ judge for finals... Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2012 7:57 pm

We are still working it out. USACI needs a strong and dedicated head SQ judge at finals. I am confident John Sketoe fits the bill. I hope we can make it work. No matter what happens USACI will have good certified judges at Finals. If john does not make it for SQ then I will most likely assume the position myself and judge SQ this year. With the excellent staff we have in SPL I am confident I will have the time. If John takes on the task then I will still make time to judge SQ with the other judges.
Back to top Go down
http://www.soundoff.org
jsketoe
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Head SQ judge for finals...   Head SQ judge for finals... Icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2012 7:18 pm

After a 2k mile road trip and some serious thinking, I think it would be best for Ralph to indeed be head sq judge. I really do. It would be good for the hands on time with SQ and it's competitors. I am honored by the fact that I was asked to judge...I just think at this time and current situation, Ralph is the best choice. Thank you guys, my decision is made.
Back to top Go down
jkrob21
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
jkrob21

Number of posts : 1476
Registration date : 2007-06-25

PostSubject: Re: Head SQ judge for finals...   Head SQ judge for finals... Icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2012 10:13 pm

Well...No offense intended toward Ralph. But without Tim there and now Mr Sketoe backing out, I don't see SQ at finals having a chance. Unless Ralph has the time to seriously get re-aquainted with the rules and has someone very good for his back up.
Back to top Go down
jkrob21
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
jkrob21

PostSubject: Re: Head SQ judge for finals...   Head SQ judge for finals... Icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2012 10:16 pm

We should all stalk Tim's friend until he changes his wedding date. LOL Just kidding of course. But that would solve this one issue.
Back to top Go down
BBGIC
Big Bald Guy in Charge
Big Bald Guy in Charge
BBGIC

PostSubject: Re: Head SQ judge for finals...   Head SQ judge for finals... Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 4:56 am

jkrob21 wrote:
Well...No offense intended toward Ralph. But without Tim there and now Mr Sketoe backing out, I don't see SQ at finals having a chance. Unless Ralph has the time to seriously get re-aquainted with the rules and has someone very good for his back up.

I dissagree. In fact Im think many new doors will open up and we will have a surprise for the SQ guys, that is is any decide to attend given the rumors, politics, and other things going on.

Given a chance we will have a good show. As for SQ, Ask Mark Eldridge if I can judge. I wrote the original book and was the only trainer in the country for USACI back when many of todays experts were still in novice classes......

Just sayin... Cool
Back to top Go down
TeamTCA
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
TeamTCA

Number of posts : 195
Registration date : 2009-08-15

PostSubject: Re: Head SQ judge for finals...   Head SQ judge for finals... Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 11:17 am

I'm sure that you will come up with something for SQ judging at FInals given the latest circumstances. Sound is sound though- still opinion. I think John R. was referring to rule changes and requirements for each class (Intro, Mod, Super Mod, etc) concerning INSTALLATION.

I do not appreciate the fact that MY POST on Scrapin' the Coast and everyone's similar experience in recent years at any show and then their posts in this thread led to John Sketoe's "decision" on not being head judge at FInals this year. There were already several other factors that he was concerned with long before this post. This thread was not intended to "sabotage SQ" like has been stated. Sometimes things must get bad before they have a chance of getting better. It's been bad for a while. Time for a change and improvement.

Do not insinuate that I don't care or have political reasons for even bringing this sort of thing up. I was always under the impression that this forum was intended for any competitor to say what they meant or express any problems that they had experienced at an event SO that the proper course of action could be taken in the future and in our case, SQ made better. Ralph, you have taken some advice and made a change that will be better. It does not solve the entire situation and I don't expect it to but it is a step.

I am not going into it any further like I really want to but since the other thread has been locked without my response to someone who was not there I will say no more on that matter. I was there and have been doing this a long long time and simply posted what had went down and as you can tell by multiple responses, the same thing has effected many others over recent years. Plain and simple.

Lastly, referring to another post, "Usaci is like TCA"... we ARE both businesses and yes while we both may try to accomodate all of our customers the best that we can within our means, TCA does not ask our customers to do the work for us and then give us the $$$. I have been a LOYAL SQ supporter of Usaci for over 20 years and if I quit today don't say I haven't helped.
Back to top Go down
http://www.tcaudio.net
BBGIC
Big Bald Guy in Charge
Big Bald Guy in Charge
BBGIC

PostSubject: Re: Head SQ judge for finals...   Head SQ judge for finals... Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 6:06 pm

TeamTCA wrote:
I'm sure that you will come up with something for SQ judging at FInals given the latest circumstances. Sound is sound though- still opinion. I think John R. was referring to rule changes and requirements for each class (Intro, Mod, Super Mod, etc) concerning INSTALLATION.

I do not appreciate the fact that MY POST on Scrapin' the Coast and everyone's similar experience in recent years at any show and then their posts in this thread led to John Sketoe's "decision" on not being head judge at FInals this year. There were already several other factors that he was concerned with long before this post. This thread was not intended to "sabotage SQ" like has been stated. Sometimes things must get bad before they have a chance of getting better. It's been bad for a while. Time for a change and improvement.

Do not insinuate that I don't care or have political reasons for even bringing this sort of thing up. I was always under the impression that this forum was intended for any competitor to say what they meant or express any problems that they had experienced at an event SO that the proper course of action could be taken in the future and in our case, SQ made better. Ralph, you have taken some advice and made a change that will be better. It does not solve the entire situation and I don't expect it to but it is a step.

I am not going into it any further like I really want to but since the other thread has been locked without my response to someone who was not there I will say no more on that matter. I was there and have been doing this a long long time and simply posted what had went down and as you can tell by multiple responses, the same thing has effected many others over recent years. Plain and simple.

Lastly, referring to another post, "Usaci is like TCA"... we ARE both businesses and yes while we both may try to accomodate all of our customers the best that we can within our means, TCA does not ask our customers to do the work for us and then give us the $$$. I have been a LOYAL SQ supporter of Usaci for over 20 years and if I quit today don't say I haven't helped.

I think you took the post wrong. No one blamed or intended to blame you. John did admit that given the controversy at Scrapin he can't take the job now. Take that as USACI's fault, the forums fault, politics fault, or whatever. Fact is the damage is done and USACI takes another hit in the eye. We need solutions and positive support. You ahve always given that. The NEGATIVE on these forums over the years in both SQ and SPL have hurt USACI 10 times worse than anything that has happened at events.

You are not the focus of these posts (other than the business post) and should not be offended.
Back to top Go down
jkrob21
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
jkrob21

PostSubject: Re: Head SQ judge for finals...   Head SQ judge for finals... Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 6:51 pm

Yes sound is sound. My comments were indeed directed more towards Install and classification. Verification needs to be done in all the classes and you can't do that without knowing the install rules forward and backward.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Head SQ judge for finals...   Head SQ judge for finals... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Head SQ judge for finals...
Page 1 of 1