Mobile Audio Competitors Organization
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE LOUDEST SPORT ON EARTH!

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Joint Finals a success. USACI numbers down due to very remote (from USACI) location but better than expected. Results posted on web site.
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» STETSOM 7KD
worlds loudest sonoma,,,maybe soon  Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2020 7:37 pm by big bass joel

» any blown stetsom 7kd or 2k6d amps for sale
worlds loudest sonoma,,,maybe soon  Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2020 7:32 pm by big bass joel

» We need the forums back
worlds loudest sonoma,,,maybe soon  Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2019 2:41 pm by svillarrial

» THIS OLD FORUM IS ALIVE!!!! 6/14/17
worlds loudest sonoma,,,maybe soon  Icon_minitimeFri Sep 22, 2017 11:11 pm by 80INCHES

» It's back up !
worlds loudest sonoma,,,maybe soon  Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2016 7:03 pm by chrisfish

» 2 Atomic apocalypse 12s D4
worlds loudest sonoma,,,maybe soon  Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2016 12:53 am by supersquirt

» well hello
worlds loudest sonoma,,,maybe soon  Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2015 5:46 am by TAMU

» WELLLWELLL
worlds loudest sonoma,,,maybe soon  Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 4:24 pm by Nice

» SLAMBOREE AUG 1 & 2
worlds loudest sonoma,,,maybe soon  Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2015 12:14 pm by Pro_Mom

Top posters
sanman
worlds loudest sonoma,,,maybe soon  Vote_lcapworlds loudest sonoma,,,maybe soon  Voting_barworlds loudest sonoma,,,maybe soon  Vote_rcap 
The_Rowlands
worlds loudest sonoma,,,maybe soon  Vote_lcapworlds loudest sonoma,,,maybe soon  Voting_barworlds loudest sonoma,,,maybe soon  Vote_rcap 
chrisfish
Stingraysevenout
scionsoloxb
TECH114
Alan
supadave
Moparbass28
Navi
Statistics
We have 1855 registered users
The newest registered user is Farenheit

Our users have posted a total of 222582 messages in 12665 subjects
Keywords
dollar silence 80inches quad contest globe state record broken finals stereo chef Audiopipe build 2010 songs Johncarr disc world pics records louisiana drive crzyblondgrl crank kyle
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of United States Autosound Competition International on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of Mobile Audio Competitors Organization on your social bookmarking website

worlds loudest sonoma,,,maybe soon

Go down 
+6
hunterw
chrisfish
taz
Alan
sanman
The_Rowlands
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
The_Rowlands
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
The_Rowlands

Number of posts : 7398
Registration date : 2007-08-08

worlds loudest sonoma,,,maybe soon  Empty
PostSubject: worlds loudest sonoma,,,maybe soon    worlds loudest sonoma,,,maybe soon  Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 11:01 pm

get ready ,,,,,
here she comes ,,,
mark hills daughters truck ,,,,
just picked it up today ........166 bound pro stock

worlds loudest sonoma,,,maybe soon  Sonoma001

Last edited by The_Rowlands on Mon Mar 05, 2012 5:55 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
sanman
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
sanman

Number of posts : 12087
Registration date : 2007-06-23

PostSubject: Re: worlds loudest sonoma,,,maybe soon    worlds loudest sonoma,,,maybe soon  Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 11:03 pm

168 my ass

in fact they have issues backing up there loudest score to date
Back to top Go down
The_Rowlands
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
The_Rowlands

PostSubject: Re: worlds loudest sonoma,,,maybe soon    worlds loudest sonoma,,,maybe soon  Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 11:18 pm

thats my goal........ for sure 165s ...to start out ,, remember ima s-10 newbe
Back to top Go down
sanman
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
sanman

PostSubject: Re: worlds loudest sonoma,,,maybe soon    worlds loudest sonoma,,,maybe soon  Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 11:30 pm

rowland

i know your passionate about all this but lets think about this for a minute with the unmanned rules we have no 166 is out the question, and to be honest i dont see anyone doing 165

mark has been close but if its as easy as using power as they have stated then why not do it i mean Dung Pile its been 3 years now, and we still dont have a 165 yet.

jimbo knows all to well what i said a few years ago that an s10 sint easy, and well lets see if people make it happen
Back to top Go down
The_Rowlands
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
The_Rowlands

PostSubject: Re: worlds loudest sonoma,,,maybe soon    worlds loudest sonoma,,,maybe soon  Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 11:43 pm

ill have more power then marks truck ...... ima gettin the rds then having atomic build the recones .. subs should hold some power ... i see a 65 in her . quit pooooping on my dreams .....lol....
Back to top Go down
sanman
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
sanman

PostSubject: Re: worlds loudest sonoma,,,maybe soon    worlds loudest sonoma,,,maybe soon  Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 11:47 pm

you you will have the same power as jimbo so you will pop cones

or have 4 15's on more power than mark still blowing the same sub in the 4 15's setup

a new design is needed in the s10, and i think the people running 8 12's will eventually be the winners myself
Back to top Go down
Alan
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Alan

Number of posts : 3897
Registration date : 2008-02-05

PostSubject: Re: worlds loudest sonoma,,,maybe soon    worlds loudest sonoma,,,maybe soon  Icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2012 1:31 am

Im wondering what everyone will have to say when someone changes the "s10 box" I think they have a solid 2db of enclosure design in them.. and its not tweaking the current box.
Back to top Go down
sanman
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
sanman

PostSubject: Re: worlds loudest sonoma,,,maybe soon    worlds loudest sonoma,,,maybe soon  Icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2012 10:24 am

ill say they realized that those on power arent gaining anymore, and those on smaller power are catching them meaning a new design is needed

3 15's on power blown subs
4 15's on power good score, but still blown subs

this says alot if you break it down
Back to top Go down
sanman
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
sanman

PostSubject: Re: worlds loudest sonoma,,,maybe soon    worlds loudest sonoma,,,maybe soon  Icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2012 10:25 am

the other variable is the subs needed to hold togather wont fit the enclosures

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz's
Back to top Go down
Alan
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Alan

PostSubject: Re: worlds loudest sonoma,,,maybe soon    worlds loudest sonoma,,,maybe soon  Icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2012 11:28 am

I think an off the shelf heavyweight or level 4xl sized woofers would handle big power just fine with enclosure work. But maybe just the nature of the trucks. Maybe they are crx like in the way they are efficient to a point then the fall off.
Back to top Go down
taz
Above Average Contributor
taz

Number of posts : 797
Registration date : 2007-06-29

PostSubject: Re: worlds loudest sonoma,,,maybe soon    worlds loudest sonoma,,,maybe soon  Icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2012 11:09 am

sanman wrote:
168 my ass

in fact they have issues backing up there loudest score to date

marks loudest score at a show was a 165. ,that was done at omaha super car show , i just looked and can not find the score listed , but if i am correct someone posted a video showing this... not positive of it being at digs but i think it was , either way it was at a show , he has not backed that up yet but has done 164.9 over and over again , good luck rowland with the truck , i will try to help you if possible. you seem to have more drive than i do so good luck. kinda hated to sell it but my daughter lost interest after school started , kinda like when she wanted to go hunting , bought her clothing , spent time teaching her safety , shot my muzzel loader and 22 , sighned her up for safety/hunting class , she goes to school and no longer wants to have anything to do with it . kids.......... what you going to do.
Back to top Go down
taz
taz

PostSubject: Re: worlds loudest sonoma,,,maybe soon    worlds loudest sonoma,,,maybe soon  Icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2012 11:15 am

Alan wrote:
I think an off the shelf heavyweight or level 4xl sized woofers would handle big power just fine with enclosure work. But maybe just the nature of the trucks. Maybe they are crx like in the way they are efficient to a point then the fall off.

a forth sub can be very distructive in a s10 for sure , the new off the shelf heavy wieght will not hold up , unless they have gone back to the ones from 2009/10 , i even tried a 8 inch carbon fiber dustcap to stiffen it up , no go . one or two burps and the just shread . spoke to atomic and they said they could produce old style , those held up for over a year in that enclosure..
Back to top Go down
taz
taz

PostSubject: Re: worlds loudest sonoma,,,maybe soon    worlds loudest sonoma,,,maybe soon  Icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2012 11:20 am

The_Rowlands wrote:
ill have more power then marks truck ...... ima gettin the rds then having atomic build the recones .. subs should hold some power ... i see a 65 in her . quit pooooping on my dreams .....lol....

you have a choice , go with what you already know , post some good scores , or/and try something new , i always whanted to try ..............well you know.good luck short bus rowland.
Back to top Go down
Alan
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Alan

PostSubject: Re: worlds loudest sonoma,,,maybe soon    worlds loudest sonoma,,,maybe soon  Icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2012 11:46 am

taz wrote:
Alan wrote:

a forth sub can be very distructive in a s10 for sure , the new off the shelf heavy wieght will not hold up , unless they have gone back to the ones from 2009/10 , i even tried a 8 inch carbon fiber dustcap to stiffen it up , no go . one or two burps and the just shread . spoke to atomic and they said they could produce old style , those held up for over a year in that enclosure..

Right. Just tossing then in current designs. I said with enclosure design.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: worlds loudest sonoma,,,maybe soon    worlds loudest sonoma,,,maybe soon  Icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2012 12:29 pm

For what it is worth, probably won't mean much here, but I tried some smaller 15's in the truck to see how it would do.

I thought on 2k or 4k, heck even on 500 watts that woofers with less motor would be more efficiaent than huge woofers like the XL's, or even the juggs.

That was not the case even on 500 watts total clamped the XL's have been the louder, and even the jugs were louder than a smaller woofer like a cvx or T3 t600 or 1000.

Get some motor behind it and hope for the best.

Perhaps 8 12's would be better,

Do it rowland and go 4-8 7.5k's
Back to top Go down
Alan
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Alan

PostSubject: Re: worlds loudest sonoma,,,maybe soon    worlds loudest sonoma,,,maybe soon  Icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2012 12:34 pm

I've been telling people that forever about big motor subs. No one ever believes me.
Back to top Go down
sanman
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
sanman

PostSubject: Re: worlds loudest sonoma,,,maybe soon    worlds loudest sonoma,,,maybe soon  Icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2012 1:48 pm

ive known it for a while i ahd the 915's and dropped in seliniums over them and well lost my ass then tried some crossfires and well same deal

3 18's

. .

. .
either way wil work
Back to top Go down
sanman
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
sanman

PostSubject: Re: worlds loudest sonoma,,,maybe soon    worlds loudest sonoma,,,maybe soon  Icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2012 1:48 pm

i even thought of 12 8's before since the s10 is a higher herts vehicle
Back to top Go down
Alan
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Alan

PostSubject: Re: worlds loudest sonoma,,,maybe soon    worlds loudest sonoma,,,maybe soon  Icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2012 2:40 pm

sanman wrote:
ive known it for a while i ahd the 915's and dropped in seliniums over them and well lost my ass then tried some crossfires and well same deal

3 18's

. .

. .
either way wil work
do you remember the big pissing match we got in when you insisted 3 18s will never go in a s10? So we did them in taylorfads that finals.
Back to top Go down
The_Rowlands
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
The_Rowlands

PostSubject: Re: worlds loudest sonoma,,,maybe soon    worlds loudest sonoma,,,maybe soon  Icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2012 3:27 pm

remember at omaha finals mark ran 12s cant remember how many
Back to top Go down
The_Rowlands
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
The_Rowlands

PostSubject: Re: worlds loudest sonoma,,,maybe soon    worlds loudest sonoma,,,maybe soon  Icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2012 3:28 pm

taz wrote:
The_Rowlands wrote:

you have a choice , go with what you already know , post some good scores , or/and try something new , i always whanted to try ..............well you know.good luck short bus rowland.
i might try that box design but then its extra recones and ima poor boy
Back to top Go down
The_Rowlands
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
The_Rowlands

PostSubject: Re: worlds loudest sonoma,,,maybe soon    worlds loudest sonoma,,,maybe soon  Icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2012 3:31 pm

i edited it to 166 thats a more resonable goal thats reachable
Back to top Go down
Alan
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Alan

PostSubject: Re: worlds loudest sonoma,,,maybe soon    worlds loudest sonoma,,,maybe soon  Icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2012 8:11 pm

Hopefully your pulling those FWD offset wheels.
Back to top Go down
The_Rowlands
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
The_Rowlands

PostSubject: Re: worlds loudest sonoma,,,maybe soon    worlds loudest sonoma,,,maybe soon  Icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2012 8:34 pm

nope im poor but will repaint from body line down a different color .. go blue and orange maybe or blue and pink . or blue and purple ... something different
Back to top Go down
Alan
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Alan

PostSubject: Re: worlds loudest sonoma,,,maybe soon    worlds loudest sonoma,,,maybe soon  Icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2012 8:44 pm

Shoot man you could almost just do some colormatched newer stock steelies
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: worlds loudest sonoma,,,maybe soon    worlds loudest sonoma,,,maybe soon  Icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2012 3:34 pm

sanman wrote:

3 18's

. .

. .
either way wil work

the best option may be this one

(.)(.)

Back to top Go down
The_Rowlands
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
The_Rowlands

PostSubject: Re: worlds loudest sonoma,,,maybe soon    worlds loudest sonoma,,,maybe soon  Icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2012 4:08 pm

booobies
Back to top Go down
sanman
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
sanman

PostSubject: Re: worlds loudest sonoma,,,maybe soon    worlds loudest sonoma,,,maybe soon  Icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2012 4:29 pm

ddddddddd's
Back to top Go down
The_Rowlands
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
The_Rowlands

PostSubject: Re: worlds loudest sonoma,,,maybe soon    worlds loudest sonoma,,,maybe soon  Icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2012 5:23 pm

ordering more 7.5s tomorrow, and 30 bats
Back to top Go down
chrisfish
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
chrisfish

Number of posts : 6521
Registration date : 2009-05-16

PostSubject: Re: worlds loudest sonoma,,,maybe soon    worlds loudest sonoma,,,maybe soon  Icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2012 5:59 pm

(°)(°)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: worlds loudest sonoma,,,maybe soon    worlds loudest sonoma,,,maybe soon  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

worlds loudest sonoma,,,maybe soon
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Mobile Audio Competitors Organization :: GENERAL DISCUSSION :: General Discussion :: GENERAL SOUND COMPETITION DISCUSSION-
Jump to: