Mobile Audio Competitors Organization
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE LOUDEST SPORT ON EARTH!

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Joint Finals a success. USACI numbers down due to very remote (from USACI) location but better than expected. Results posted on web site.
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» STETSOM 7KD
An update on myself.... Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2020 7:37 pm by big bass joel

» any blown stetsom 7kd or 2k6d amps for sale
An update on myself.... Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2020 7:32 pm by big bass joel

» We need the forums back
An update on myself.... Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2019 2:41 pm by svillarrial

» THIS OLD FORUM IS ALIVE!!!! 6/14/17
An update on myself.... Icon_minitimeFri Sep 22, 2017 11:11 pm by 80INCHES

» It's back up !
An update on myself.... Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2016 7:03 pm by chrisfish

» 2 Atomic apocalypse 12s D4
An update on myself.... Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2016 12:53 am by supersquirt

» well hello
An update on myself.... Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2015 5:46 am by TAMU

» WELLLWELLL
An update on myself.... Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 4:24 pm by Nice

» SLAMBOREE AUG 1 & 2
An update on myself.... Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2015 12:14 pm by Pro_Mom

Top posters
sanman
An update on myself.... Vote_lcapAn update on myself.... Voting_barAn update on myself.... Vote_rcap 
The_Rowlands
An update on myself.... Vote_lcapAn update on myself.... Voting_barAn update on myself.... Vote_rcap 
chrisfish
Stingraysevenout
scionsoloxb
TECH114
Alan
supadave
Moparbass28
Navi
Statistics
We have 1855 registered users
The newest registered user is Farenheit

Our users have posted a total of 222582 messages in 12665 subjects
Keywords
chef records record kyle stereo build broken crank quad Johncarr crzyblondgrl drive disc louisiana 80inches globe silence contest pics songs 2010 finals world Audiopipe state dollar
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of United States Autosound Competition International on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of Mobile Audio Competitors Organization on your social bookmarking website

An update on myself....

Go down 
+8
Mike Jaffe
Iron Maiden
cavi_in_kc
TeamSpead-Kenny
Navi
Twisted Image
sanman
Matt_Sibley
12 posters
AuthorMessage
Matt_Sibley
Above Average Contributor

Number of posts : 957
Registration date : 2007-06-25

An update on myself.... Empty
PostSubject: An update on myself....   An update on myself.... Icon_minitimeSat Oct 13, 2007 9:49 pm

I hope that my many friends here do not think I've deserted them. I've been staying in contact as best as I can with the busy lifestyle I've been leading. I still plan to be at finals this year and look forward to seeing old friends and making some new ones.

As many of you know I took this year off to concentrate on school and finding a job in my discipline. Most of you know I'm at LSU in Electrical Engineering. I will be graduating this May. Early in college I was graced with an abundance of scholarships due to my academic and athletic successes in High School. I made many mistakes early on and have since had to pay my way through school. Part of the problem was in fact partying like a typical college student, the other part was spending way more time at the shop and with teammates working on cars for USACi when I should have been in the books. Its been a long road to recovery.

This being my senior year I knew it was time to make some changes. This semester it looks like I may have over a 3.0 for the first time in 4 years. While I was beginning to become doubtful for good job opportunities due to my 2.38GPA in E.E. and my 2.28GPA overall, things have been looking up.

Most recently I have been receiving many offers for interviews on campus. So far I have only attended 2 interviews and I was fortunate enough to make it to the 2nd round with one of the companies. They will be sitting down with me to make job offers in November. Today I opened my email box to find that I have 8 more interviews coming up within the next 2 weeks. Some of these companies are rather large and I will be given a great opportunity with them.

One company in particular met me at the job fair on campus. I gave them my resume which included my GPA. I saw their job offers on InterviewTrak and found that I did not meet the GPA requirement. I just received an email from them saying that they were surprised that I did not apply for their job offer online and that they had preselected me for an interview anyway and wished that I would accept the offer.

Some of you know me well, some don't, but I think most of you know that I've worked my tail off in many areas outside of school and with school as well. Its really nice to see things finally paying off. A smile and a firm handshake can go a long way when meeting people. I credit much of my personable skills to USACi and my experience in the car audio industry. Meeting people through shows and helping people troubleshoot, design, and build these massive audio systems has proven to be great engineering experience.

So I was writing this to give everyone an update and explain why I haven't been around much. I just want to say thanks to all of you though. I believe everyone I know has helped me along the way in one way or another whether they knew it or not. That includes the people that I may have not hit it off with so great in the beginning. I wouldn't trade the friendships I've made from this industry for anything and I feel I will always be involved in some way or another. Thanks for reading this and I look forward to seeing everyone at finals!
Back to top Go down
http://www.us.airliquide.com
sanman
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
sanman

Number of posts : 12087
Registration date : 2007-06-23

PostSubject: Re: An update on myself....   An update on myself.... Icon_minitimeSat Oct 13, 2007 9:56 pm

see you in the lanes at finals 0-600 pro man the cat been out the bag for a while man lol
Back to top Go down
Twisted Image
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
Twisted Image

Number of posts : 1111
Registration date : 2007-06-21

PostSubject: Re: An update on myself....   An update on myself.... Icon_minitimeSat Oct 13, 2007 9:59 pm

Im sure it will be a big releif when you finially get done.

So what are you bringing to finals? You gonna let that cat out the bag yet? One the kicker web site is said it will be your last year competing, I expect you will be going out with a bang?
Back to top Go down
Twisted Image
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
Twisted Image

Number of posts : 1111
Registration date : 2007-06-21

PostSubject: Re: An update on myself....   An update on myself.... Icon_minitimeSat Oct 13, 2007 9:59 pm

Im sure it will be a big releif when you finially get done.

So what are you bringing to finals? You gonna let that cat out the bag yet? One the kicker web site is said it will be your last year competing, I expect you will be going out with a bang?
Back to top Go down
Navi
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Navi

Number of posts : 3105

PostSubject: Re: An update on myself....   An update on myself.... Icon_minitimeSat Oct 13, 2007 11:53 pm

Sounds like you are on the right track, good luck with your career.
Back to top Go down
TeamSpead-Kenny
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
TeamSpead-Kenny

Number of posts : 2194
Registration date : 2007-07-01

PostSubject: Re: An update on myself....   An update on myself.... Icon_minitimeSun Oct 14, 2007 3:12 am

sanman wrote:
see you in the lanes at finals 0-600 pro man the cat been out the bag for a while man lol

Be kind of hard for him to run that class since he dont have his Crx anymore and i doubt he would use his truck so I dont know who told you his is doing 0-600
Back to top Go down
http://www.Teamspead.net
Matt_Sibley

PostSubject: Re: An update on myself....   An update on myself.... Icon_minitimeSun Oct 14, 2007 4:04 am

I sold the CRX guys. Its gone. I dont have enough points for finals anyways. I have truly been concentrating on more important things. There will be no surprises from me at finals.
Back to top Go down
cavi_in_kc

Number of posts : 929
Registration date : 2007-06-24

PostSubject: Re: An update on myself....   An update on myself.... Icon_minitimeSun Oct 14, 2007 4:35 am

Good luck with everything Matt.

I've thought about getting back into EE, but it's been so long since I've done anything related to it, I've probably forgotten everything I knew.

Did an internship with a local engineering firm back in HS in 97 or 98 and enjoyed myself. Like you, I ended up getting into partying and my grades dropped, and it cost me big time. Ended up not staying in the field. I'm wishing I had stayed with it now. But ah well, what can you do.

Let us know how those interviews go.

If I somehow figure out who you are, I'll come up and introduce myself. I'll
be around one of those many CRX's with Kicker equipment at Finals. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Iron Maiden
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
Iron Maiden

Number of posts : 331

PostSubject: Re: An update on myself....   An update on myself.... Icon_minitimeSun Oct 14, 2007 9:46 am

Matt your a great guy and I am proud to have you as a friend. I wish you much success in the future. Just sell yourself in those interviews and you should do well. I hope to see you at the AUBURN v.s lsu game this week. You can let your hair down a little Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Mike Jaffe
Mike Jaffe

Number of posts : 640
Registration date : 2007-06-22

PostSubject: Re: An update on myself....   An update on myself.... Icon_minitimeSun Oct 14, 2007 12:37 pm

Matt,
Attitude and aptitude have always been and will always be the keys to success. You have obviously seen the error (partying being referred to as "error"?) of your former ways and that constitutes "attitude correction." As for your level of aptitude, some day, if you keep up the good work, you'll be as smart as Don DeRose. Just kidding. Keep up the great work and best wishes for continued success in all you chose to do.
Back to top Go down
Matt_Sibley

PostSubject: Re: An update on myself....   An update on myself.... Icon_minitimeSun Oct 14, 2007 12:47 pm

Thanks guys! Kevon I will definitely be at the Auburn game...shame that we dropped one to kentucky this weekend though. Now we have to win out and win the SEC championship game to get back to the big show!
Back to top Go down
Nick
Nick

Number of posts : 676
Registration date : 2007-06-29

PostSubject: Re: An update on myself....   An update on myself.... Icon_minitimeSun Oct 14, 2007 3:38 pm

ironmaiden wrote:
I hope to see you at the AUBURN v.s lsu game this week. You can let your hair down a little Very Happy

Shocked Shocked Shocked
Is that a date affraid affraid affraid

Good luck Matt
Back to top Go down
Iron Maiden
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
Iron Maiden

Number of posts : 331

PostSubject: Re: An update on myself....   An update on myself.... Icon_minitimeSun Oct 14, 2007 8:27 pm

Laughing Nick where you from?
Back to top Go down
djman37
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
djman37

Number of posts : 456

PostSubject: Re: An update on myself....   An update on myself.... Icon_minitimeSun Oct 14, 2007 9:29 pm

Matt, lmk if you'd be interested in that TV station gig. TV is a cool place to be right now.
Back to top Go down
Louisiana_CRX
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
Louisiana_CRX

Number of posts : 146
Registration date : 2007-06-24

PostSubject: Re: An update on myself....   An update on myself.... Icon_minitimeSun Oct 14, 2007 9:42 pm

Hope things work for the best Matt and you get a job you love...I'm also hoping you get back into SPL soon....so I can see you at some of the shows...I might need some pointers on my CRX Smile
Back to top Go down
https://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m24/Louisiana_CRX/My%2089%20C
BillGass
BillGass

Number of posts : 893

PostSubject: Re: An update on myself....   An update on myself.... Icon_minitimeSun Oct 14, 2007 10:01 pm

This is all BS. No one is allowed to leave car audio and get a real job.

Best of luck man. Go make the big bucks and come back even stronger.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: An update on myself....   An update on myself.... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

An update on myself....
Page 1 of 1