Mobile Audio Competitors Organization
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE LOUDEST SPORT ON EARTH!

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Joint Finals a success. USACI numbers down due to very remote (from USACI) location but better than expected. Results posted on web site.
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» STETSOM 7KD
Classify My Truck then... Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2020 7:37 pm by big bass joel

» any blown stetsom 7kd or 2k6d amps for sale
Classify My Truck then... Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2020 7:32 pm by big bass joel

» We need the forums back
Classify My Truck then... Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2019 2:41 pm by svillarrial

» THIS OLD FORUM IS ALIVE!!!! 6/14/17
Classify My Truck then... Icon_minitimeFri Sep 22, 2017 11:11 pm by 80INCHES

» It's back up !
Classify My Truck then... Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2016 7:03 pm by chrisfish

» 2 Atomic apocalypse 12s D4
Classify My Truck then... Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2016 12:53 am by supersquirt

» well hello
Classify My Truck then... Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2015 5:46 am by TAMU

» WELLLWELLL
Classify My Truck then... Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 4:24 pm by Nice

» SLAMBOREE AUG 1 & 2
Classify My Truck then... Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2015 12:14 pm by Pro_Mom

Top posters
sanman
Classify My Truck then... Vote_lcapClassify My Truck then... Voting_barClassify My Truck then... Vote_rcap 
The_Rowlands
Classify My Truck then... Vote_lcapClassify My Truck then... Voting_barClassify My Truck then... Vote_rcap 
chrisfish
Stingraysevenout
scionsoloxb
TECH114
Alan
supadave
Moparbass28
Navi
Statistics
We have 1855 registered users
The newest registered user is Farenheit

Our users have posted a total of 222582 messages in 12665 subjects
Keywords
2010 crzyblondgrl globe chef state pics crank louisiana stereo build songs contest world records Audiopipe finals quad 80inches broken silence record kyle disc drive dollar Johncarr
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of United States Autosound Competition International on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of Mobile Audio Competitors Organization on your social bookmarking website

Classify My Truck then...

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Stubbs
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
Stubbs

Number of posts : 162
Registration date : 2011-04-05

Classify My Truck then... Empty
PostSubject: Classify My Truck then...   Classify My Truck then... Icon_minitimeTue Nov 15, 2011 2:48 pm

Firewall was notched 6" for engine swap, trans tunnel is custom to accomidate the trans I put in, firewall cowl vent was shaved and firewall was shaved and smoothed, so with all that said... by the rules as I have re read them today I would be extreme? Need to know what class I need to be in with this stuff said... Its an old truck thats been restored and modified to accept the larger powerplant etc. No modifications were made for SOUND on this truck as of yet...
Back to top Go down
papacueball
papacueball

Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2011-04-04

PostSubject: Re: Classify My Truck then...   Classify My Truck then... Icon_minitimeTue Nov 15, 2011 3:11 pm

What are the stock speaker locations? Were there any?
Back to top Go down
Stubbs
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
Stubbs

PostSubject: Re: Classify My Truck then...   Classify My Truck then... Icon_minitimeTue Nov 15, 2011 3:24 pm

Speaker and Radio was optional done by dealership in the 50s trucks... Have seen some trucks with nothing in them... other with radios where mine is now located, and heard of 1 door sometimes having the speaker and was customers choice on what door or put in the dash.. some had two door speakers... Dealership did the installs not the factory... was an option on the order sheet though and was just done by the dealer... 1956 dodge records are very minimal and vague... 4 yrs of research on these trucks is how I know this...
Back to top Go down
papacueball
papacueball

Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2011-04-04

PostSubject: Re: Classify My Truck then...   Classify My Truck then... Icon_minitimeTue Nov 15, 2011 3:28 pm

Interesting. Non audio floor pan mods don't bother me. Others may not feel the same.
Back to top Go down
PerformanceTyler
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
PerformanceTyler

Number of posts : 299
Registration date : 2007-08-19

PostSubject: Re: Classify My Truck then...   Classify My Truck then... Icon_minitimeTue Nov 15, 2011 5:23 pm

The rules are based on modifications that were done to enhance/improve sound quality. I doubt you would get an argument from competitiors if you could show they were not done to give you an advantage.
Back to top Go down
jkrob21
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
jkrob21

Number of posts : 1476
Registration date : 2007-06-25

PostSubject: Re: Classify My Truck then...   Classify My Truck then... Icon_minitimeTue Nov 15, 2011 6:09 pm

Stubbs, Your truck was discussed at USACi Finals. Those of us on the rules committee agreed that the truck should be allowed in intro at that event because it was the fair thing to do. The truck did not have OEM locations when it was assembled at the plant. We had discussion of tweaking the intro rules for an instance such as yours.

Understand that the rule book was designed to be read from the top down. The intro rules include the following.

Note: Modifications or upgrades to a vehicle’s interior, exterior, engine, or related components do not necessarily move a vehicle to a higher class unless those modifications or upgrades are done to improve the sound quality system.

This is carried over into the other classes. Your truck qualifies for the modified classes now that you have attended 1 World Finals event.
Back to top Go down
jsketoe
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor

Number of posts : 1587
Registration date : 2007-06-23

PostSubject: Re: Classify My Truck then...   Classify My Truck then... Icon_minitimeTue Nov 15, 2011 6:19 pm

yeah...I replied in the other thread. Your truck is fine, and now progress to modified. You put speakers in the floor...I would want a lot of photos and would probably get ready for supermod. I judge with some 'salt' will know if you have gained acoustical advantage. There is stuff in my Buick that in my moral honesty/sleep well at night opinion should not be allowed in Modified...but by our current rules, I could move the seats up a bit and put a 12v processor in and compete in Modified. Would I? heck no. 2 seat is where its at...that's the challenge.
Back to top Go down
Stubbs
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
Stubbs

PostSubject: Re: Classify My Truck then...   Classify My Truck then... Icon_minitimeWed Nov 16, 2011 9:05 am

acoustically this thing is like a tin can of sorts... haha...Thats why the door pannels are carpet instead of vynil,

Now I know were all good with me going modified so I thank everyone for your help.. Its a bit difficult competing with the oldest and a truck but the challenge is 2nd to none for me...

Thanks everyone for the input and glad to know were on the same page again..
Back to top Go down
jsketoe
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor

Number of posts : 1587
Registration date : 2007-06-23

PostSubject: Re: Classify My Truck then...   Classify My Truck then... Icon_minitimeWed Nov 16, 2011 12:09 pm

your 05 ram has some potential
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Classify My Truck then...   Classify My Truck then... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Classify My Truck then...
Page 1 of 1