Mobile Audio Competitors Organization
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE LOUDEST SPORT ON EARTH!

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Joint Finals a success. USACI numbers down due to very remote (from USACI) location but better than expected. Results posted on web site.
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» STETSOM 7KD
Cars For Kids Shows Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2020 7:37 pm by big bass joel

» any blown stetsom 7kd or 2k6d amps for sale
Cars For Kids Shows Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2020 7:32 pm by big bass joel

» We need the forums back
Cars For Kids Shows Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2019 2:41 pm by svillarrial

» THIS OLD FORUM IS ALIVE!!!! 6/14/17
Cars For Kids Shows Icon_minitimeFri Sep 22, 2017 11:11 pm by 80INCHES

» It's back up !
Cars For Kids Shows Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2016 7:03 pm by chrisfish

» 2 Atomic apocalypse 12s D4
Cars For Kids Shows Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2016 12:53 am by supersquirt

» well hello
Cars For Kids Shows Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2015 5:46 am by TAMU

» WELLLWELLL
Cars For Kids Shows Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 4:24 pm by Nice

» SLAMBOREE AUG 1 & 2
Cars For Kids Shows Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2015 12:14 pm by Pro_Mom

Top posters
sanman
Cars For Kids Shows Vote_lcapCars For Kids Shows Voting_barCars For Kids Shows Vote_rcap 
The_Rowlands
Cars For Kids Shows Vote_lcapCars For Kids Shows Voting_barCars For Kids Shows Vote_rcap 
chrisfish
Stingraysevenout
scionsoloxb
TECH114
Alan
supadave
Moparbass28
Navi
Statistics
We have 1855 registered users
The newest registered user is Farenheit

Our users have posted a total of 222582 messages in 12665 subjects
Keywords
silence globe louisiana dollar crzyblondgrl finals songs crank broken Johncarr record disc build drive state quad pics 80inches stereo kyle world contest 2010 Audiopipe chef records
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of United States Autosound Competition International on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of Mobile Audio Competitors Organization on your social bookmarking website

Cars For Kids Shows

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Pro_Mom
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor

Number of posts : 124
Registration date : 2007-07-11

Cars For Kids Shows Empty
PostSubject: Cars For Kids Shows   Cars For Kids Shows Icon_minitimeThu Aug 11, 2011 6:41 pm

who all is coming for these shows Aug. 19th and 20th and then August 27th and 28th the 28th is a regional show and b N K will be there according to Darville. And everyone remember the 28th is Ralph's big birthday so the after party for the 27th is going to be at Pom's so now who is coming
Back to top Go down
Reflecting
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor

Number of posts : 77
Registration date : 2009-05-07

PostSubject: Re: Cars For Kids Shows   Cars For Kids Shows Icon_minitimeFri Aug 26, 2011 1:37 pm

This is this weekend right?

Anyone going, I may be there but not to sure yet.
Back to top Go down
Reflecting
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Cars For Kids Shows   Cars For Kids Shows Icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2011 9:53 pm

I'm guessing shows like this are the reason no shop wants to host shows any longer. Was fun, but with the lack of support from competitors at "regional" show I don't see it coming back.

I hate to say it, but I may have to consider a different hobby at this point.
Back to top Go down
Twisted Image
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
Twisted Image

Number of posts : 1111
Registration date : 2007-06-21

PostSubject: Re: Cars For Kids Shows   Cars For Kids Shows Icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2011 12:18 pm

we drove 760 miles round trip just to attend....some of these new kid aint got the heart for this
Back to top Go down
scoupen
Above Average Contributor
scoupen

Number of posts : 562
Registration date : 2007-06-26

PostSubject: Re: Cars For Kids Shows   Cars For Kids Shows Icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2011 3:46 pm

Hanson and Coble came to our progressive mwspl event after going to this one on the 28th.....reminds me of the old days, when everyone had to drive to get their points or they didn't go to finals.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/sbaudio
scoupen
scoupen

PostSubject: Re: Cars For Kids Shows   Cars For Kids Shows Icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2011 3:49 pm

On the other hand, show attendance is a task for the retailer. Usaci should not be expected to bring people to the show, the retailer should be responsible for advertising the event in his/her area. A post on a forum three weeks before a regional isn't going to get more bodies there, the retailer getting his/her customers excited about the show will.
Back to top Go down
BODEAN
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
BODEAN

Number of posts : 399
Registration date : 2011-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Cars For Kids Shows   Cars For Kids Shows Icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2011 8:20 pm

Have to agree. Been out of usac bout ten years. Went to regionals event in Jackson last weekend. May have been 20 competitors total. Used to see 40-50 at single point local nationals back in the day.
If not for event listing on usac site we wouldnt have known it was going on. Have friends living in Jackson that never heard of it.
Back to top Go down
Reflecting
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Cars For Kids Shows   Cars For Kids Shows Icon_minitimeWed Aug 31, 2011 10:39 am

scoupen wrote:
On the other hand, show attendance is a task for the retailer. Usaci should not be expected to bring people to the show, the retailer should be responsible for advertising the event in his/her area. A post on a forum three weeks before a regional isn't going to get more bodies there, the retailer getting his/her customers excited about the show will.

The promoter was USACI (not retailer was involved) and there have been posts for months on this forum and others. That is how I knew about it.
Back to top Go down
scoupen
scoupen

PostSubject: Re: Cars For Kids Shows   Cars For Kids Shows Icon_minitimeWed Aug 31, 2011 11:13 am

Reflecting wrote:
scoupen wrote:

The promoter was USACI (not retailer was involved) and there have been posts for months on this forum and others. That is how I knew about it.
Great, but how much LOCAL advertising was done. That is what will get people there. How many people from that area are on this forum or others? Not many I can bet.
Back to top Go down
Reflecting
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Cars For Kids Shows   Cars For Kids Shows Icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2011 11:22 am

There are normally limited locals at shows in that area. Most competitors and such. Oh, well. I can see why the show circuit is dead,

This has been my first year around shows since 2005(ish)... All shows I have been around lead me to think this is not worth the effort to get back into. I don't care about spectators that much, but general show attendance by competitors is much lower then I ever thought it would be.

I did swing by a few Texas shows this year. At least that area is still alive haha... I'm not moving just for a hobby though.
Back to top Go down
scoupen
scoupen

PostSubject: Re: Cars For Kids Shows   Cars For Kids Shows Icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2011 3:05 pm

We get on average at least 20 cars a show here, some more, some less....but it's a different org.

And they are usually the locals....you know, the ones who spend money at my store? That's the whole reason I do shows. I could care less about national guys showing up, they will never help my bottom line.
Back to top Go down
Pro_Mom
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor

Number of posts : 124
Registration date : 2007-07-11

PostSubject: Re: Cars For Kids Shows   Cars For Kids Shows Icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2011 4:01 pm

the show was Kars for Kids and I as a director made it a Regional thinking that the hard hitting guys and the ones who needed points would show up. And low and behold I had my die hard peeps but since I was giving away free food free memberships and a free run at finals that would get the usaci butts there but they have no love for the sport like us older folks used to have travel all over the country just to get the points
Back to top Go down
BODEAN
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
BODEAN

Number of posts : 399
Registration date : 2011-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Cars For Kids Shows   Cars For Kids Shows Icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2011 8:59 pm

Agreed. It used to be much more trouble to get the points. And there were more competitors. Been out for a long time. Its just not as big as it used to be. Maybe finals will be better.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cars For Kids Shows   Cars For Kids Shows Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cars For Kids Shows
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Mobile Audio Competitors Organization :: GENERAL DISCUSSION :: General Discussion :: GENERAL SOUND COMPETITION DISCUSSION-
Jump to: