Mobile Audio Competitors Organization
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE LOUDEST SPORT ON EARTH!

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Joint Finals a success. USACI numbers down due to very remote (from USACI) location but better than expected. Results posted on web site.
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» STETSOM 7KD
What different SQ classes are there? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2020 7:37 pm by big bass joel

» any blown stetsom 7kd or 2k6d amps for sale
What different SQ classes are there? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2020 7:32 pm by big bass joel

» We need the forums back
What different SQ classes are there? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2019 2:41 pm by svillarrial

» THIS OLD FORUM IS ALIVE!!!! 6/14/17
What different SQ classes are there? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 22, 2017 11:11 pm by 80INCHES

» It's back up !
What different SQ classes are there? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2016 7:03 pm by chrisfish

» 2 Atomic apocalypse 12s D4
What different SQ classes are there? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2016 12:53 am by supersquirt

» well hello
What different SQ classes are there? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2015 5:46 am by TAMU

» WELLLWELLL
What different SQ classes are there? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 4:24 pm by Nice

» SLAMBOREE AUG 1 & 2
What different SQ classes are there? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2015 12:14 pm by Pro_Mom

Top posters
sanman
What different SQ classes are there? Vote_lcapWhat different SQ classes are there? Voting_barWhat different SQ classes are there? Vote_rcap 
The_Rowlands
What different SQ classes are there? Vote_lcapWhat different SQ classes are there? Voting_barWhat different SQ classes are there? Vote_rcap 
chrisfish
Stingraysevenout
scionsoloxb
TECH114
Alan
supadave
Moparbass28
Navi
Statistics
We have 1855 registered users
The newest registered user is Farenheit

Our users have posted a total of 222582 messages in 12665 subjects
Keywords
finals broken world drive record crank kyle crzyblondgrl Audiopipe disc dollar chef records Johncarr globe build quad 2010 songs louisiana state stereo contest pics silence 80inches
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of United States Autosound Competition International on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of Mobile Audio Competitors Organization on your social bookmarking website

What different SQ classes are there?

Go down 
+5
jsketoe
nebrsq
papacueball
ezmoney
SouthSyde
9 posters
AuthorMessage
SouthSyde
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor

Number of posts : 105
Registration date : 2011-07-24

What different SQ classes are there? Empty
PostSubject: What different SQ classes are there?   What different SQ classes are there? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 24, 2011 11:21 pm

Hi all, I am a newb to competing and this forum. I was thinking about entering a few shows next season with a few friends for fun. I was wondering what are the different SQ classes are there and what I would be placed in. I will be running kick panels.

Thanks!

Back to top Go down
ezmoney
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
ezmoney

Number of posts : 157
Registration date : 2011-06-18

PostSubject: Re: What different SQ classes are there?   What different SQ classes are there? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 24, 2011 11:51 pm

Damn good question! Anyone help the newbs? Links?
Back to top Go down
papacueball
papacueball

Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2011-04-04

PostSubject: Re: What different SQ classes are there?   What different SQ classes are there? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2011 12:19 am

http://www.soundoff.org/rules.htm

Scroll to the bottom. All the classes are listed, and you can download a pdf for the rules. With kick panels, I think it would be one of the mod or super mod classes, depending on whether you wanted to do one seat, or two.
Back to top Go down
SouthSyde
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor

PostSubject: Re: What different SQ classes are there?   What different SQ classes are there? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2011 12:23 am

Maybe do 1 and 2 seats. From the list, I only see the different classes but it does not say the criterias for each class? Does having a rane rpm88 matter also?
Back to top Go down
papacueball
papacueball

PostSubject: Re: What different SQ classes are there?   What different SQ classes are there? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2011 1:00 am

The rules give detailed criteria for each class. If the Rane processor is not intended for 12v applications, but has been adapted for 12v, that would put you in extreme, iirc. I tried to verify that, but the pdf kept crashing my browser.

edit: you can use 120vac processors in super mod.
Back to top Go down
SouthSyde
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor

PostSubject: Re: What different SQ classes are there?   What different SQ classes are there? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2011 2:27 am

Sorry to not specify. What i meant was, whats the difference between Mod Q, Mod SQ, Mod SQ+?

Also, as far as the rane, I am not using an inverter. The unit has been changed to DC. It is just like any other car dsp at this point. Im not sure if that matters?
Back to top Go down
nebrsq
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
nebrsq

Number of posts : 382
Registration date : 2007-06-26

PostSubject: Re: What different SQ classes are there?   What different SQ classes are there? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2011 4:23 am

In the 'Mod Q' division, your score consists of only your sound quality score, no install or SPL.
In the Mod SQ division, your score consists of install + sound quality score, in 'Mod SP+", your SPL score is added to the install and sound score.

In supermod, it is the same, just different mods can be done to the vehicle in supermod.
Back to top Go down
papacueball
papacueball

PostSubject: Re: What different SQ classes are there?   What different SQ classes are there? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2011 5:21 am

RTFM
Back to top Go down
jsketoe
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor

Number of posts : 1587
Registration date : 2007-06-23

PostSubject: Re: What different SQ classes are there?   What different SQ classes are there? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2011 7:52 am

there is some misinformation here.
Kicks=modified. Modified pro-audio gear for 12v use is a quick trip to supermod. So unless you change processors, you will be Supermod. Supermod is 2seat, modified is 1 seat. If you are doing sound only, that's the only difference. If you are doing install and everything, a supermod car pushes the limits of street legal further. The list for what you can/can't do is in the rules pdf.
One other thing of note is extending seat rails...6" is max for modified I'm pretty sure.
Back to top Go down
jsketoe
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor

PostSubject: Re: What different SQ classes are there?   What different SQ classes are there? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2011 7:54 am

fyi, I use a Rane and I would totally maintain that processor if your car does well with 2 seats. What you can do with it vs other gear out there is amazing.
Back to top Go down
SouthSyde
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor

PostSubject: Re: What different SQ classes are there?   What different SQ classes are there? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2011 8:25 am

Was going for sound only... I am no pro. So super mod? And supermod is 2 seat ONLY? Sounds intimidating. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
SouthSyde
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor

PostSubject: Re: What different SQ classes are there?   What different SQ classes are there? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2011 8:45 am

nebrsq wrote:
In the 'Mod Q' division, your score consists of only your sound quality score, no install or SPL.
In the Mod SQ division, your score consists of install + sound quality score, in 'Mod SP+", your SPL score is added to the install and sound score.

In supermod, it is the same, just different mods can be done to the vehicle in supermod.

Thanks, the rule book makes sense now. Smile
Back to top Go down
OnYrMrk
Above Average Contributor
OnYrMrk

Number of posts : 893
Registration date : 2007-11-04

PostSubject: Re: What different SQ classes are there?   What different SQ classes are there? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2011 8:57 am

Southsyde,

I can help you with any questions.

Onyrmrk aka SQ Stang.
Back to top Go down
http://www.scentsy.com/wallis
SouthSyde
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor

PostSubject: Re: What different SQ classes are there?   What different SQ classes are there? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2011 2:44 pm

OnYrMrk wrote:
Southsyde,

I can help you with any questions.

Onyrmrk aka SQ Stang.

Wattup Joe! Very Happy

it perplexes me that a use of a certain processor would force me to be in a category where the installs are much more extreme (rebuilt entire dashes, seat rails 12in. etc...) hehe 1 seat vs 2 seat, with a use of a certain processor.
Back to top Go down
jsketoe
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor

PostSubject: Re: What different SQ classes are there?   What different SQ classes are there? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2011 3:37 pm

is what it is. Typically, someone taking the jump to a pro-audio processor knows how to use it and will give them an edge or is going into a very involved build...NOW...if you can talk Tim into doing away with that rule, then I'll see you guys in Mod SQ this year. haha.
Back to top Go down
papacueball
papacueball

PostSubject: Re: What different SQ classes are there?   What different SQ classes are there? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2011 3:45 pm

A 'not-so-super' mod 2 seat class would be cool. Something for the daily driver cars.
Back to top Go down
jsketoe
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor

PostSubject: Re: What different SQ classes are there?   What different SQ classes are there? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2011 5:00 pm

No more classes. We tried to make mod 2 seat for finals with like a 70/30 bias toward the driver's side. Final decision came down to leave it 1 seat. With response for SQ as low as it has been I'm amazed we have the divisions we have.
Back to top Go down
SQ-LS400
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor

Number of posts : 155
Registration date : 2007-11-27

PostSubject: Re: What different SQ classes are there?   What different SQ classes are there? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2011 5:02 pm

Yet when your in the correct division folks still get mad. Awesome.
Back to top Go down
SouthSyde
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor

PostSubject: Re: What different SQ classes are there?   What different SQ classes are there? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2011 5:05 pm

jsketoe wrote:
No more classes. We tried to make mod 2 seat for finals with like a 70/30 bias toward the driver's side. Final decision came down to leave it 1 seat. With response for SQ as low as it has been I'm amazed we have the divisions we have.

Or maybe a 1 seat super mod...
Back to top Go down
tijuana_no
tijuana_no

Number of posts : 709
Registration date : 2007-09-12

PostSubject: Re: What different SQ classes are there?   What different SQ classes are there? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2011 6:30 pm

SouthSyde wrote:
jsketoe wrote:

go back to what Sketoe said "is what it is. Typically, someone taking the jump to a pro-audio processor knows how to use it and will give them an edge or is going into a very involved build..." Chad remember that and I recommend the same for most newbies .
Sketoe , very well explain.
Back to top Go down
jkrob21
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
jkrob21

Number of posts : 1476
Registration date : 2007-06-25

PostSubject: Re: What different SQ classes are there?   What different SQ classes are there? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2011 6:56 pm

tijuana_no wrote:
SouthSyde wrote:
jsketoe wrote:

go back to what Sketoe said "is what it is. Typically, someone taking the jump to a pro-audio processor knows how to use it and will give them an edge or is going into a very involved build..." Chad remember that and I recommend the same for most newbies .

I'll bite on this one too. We went down this road last year with the Pro-Audio processor thing. You can do WAY MORE stuff with that Rane than any 12 volt piece. IMO if you can't put a two-seat tune on a car with a Rane than you have no business using a Rane. Slap an inexpensive 12v piece in the car with a one seat tune and roll into mod. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
SouthSyde
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor

PostSubject: Re: What different SQ classes are there?   What different SQ classes are there? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2011 7:45 pm

tijuana_no wrote:
SouthSyde wrote:
jsketoe wrote:

Ruperto! wattup brudda.. We will touch bases soon after this gruesome summer session. Wink
Back to top Go down
SouthSyde
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor

PostSubject: Re: What different SQ classes are there?   What different SQ classes are there? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2011 7:50 pm

jkrob21 wrote:
tijuana_no wrote:
SouthSyde wrote:
jsketoe wrote:

I'll bite on this one too. We went down this road last year with the Pro-Audio processor thing. You can do WAY MORE stuff with that Rane than any 12 volt piece. IMO if you can't put a two-seat tune on a car with a Rane than you have no business using a Rane. Slap an inexpensive 12v piece in the car with a one seat tune and roll into mod. Very Happy

Yes, I agree that you can do way more stuff with the rane, but at the same time i still feel that it doesnt compensate for speaker placement. 1 seat car vs 2 seat car is more based on speaker placement (PLD) rather than a dsp. And in my car in particular, I happen to have door mounted midbasses, and that is not gonna amount to a great 2-seat car. it would make for an AWESOME 1 seat with an OK 2 seater at BEST Embarassed
Back to top Go down
jsketoe
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor

PostSubject: Re: What different SQ classes are there?   What different SQ classes are there? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2011 9:42 pm

then its time to up your install ante or sell the processor. simple as that.
Back to top Go down
SouthSyde
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor

PostSubject: Re: What different SQ classes are there?   What different SQ classes are there? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2011 10:44 pm

jsketoe wrote:

Not trying to step on anyone's toes. Smile I was just merely making a statement. Im first and foremost an enthusiast who have been bitten by the bug back in the 90s. I am no pro and definately no competitor, I just have a passion for good sound, and wanted to enter a few shows next season to see how the ride stacks up to yall seasoned pros, and i thought where better to get info than on this site. I see how competitors have so much fun, LOL. And i feel the south needs more SQ guys to help make the sport grow even further. With that being said, I am not going to sell the rane just so I can compete in a lower class. If anything I just wont compete at all, I will still enjoy the car the same.
Back to top Go down
tijuana_no
tijuana_no

PostSubject: Re: What different SQ classes are there?   What different SQ classes are there? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 26, 2011 12:36 am

SouthSyde wrote:
tijuana_no wrote:
SouthSyde wrote:
jsketoe wrote:

Ruperto! wattup brudda.. We will touch bases soon after this gruesome summer session. Wink
Yes! we need to get together and cook something with a few Negra Modelos
Back to top Go down
tijuana_no
tijuana_no

PostSubject: Re: What different SQ classes are there?   What different SQ classes are there? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 26, 2011 1:07 am

SouthSyde wrote:
jsketoe wrote:

Not trying to step on anyone's toes. Smile I was just merely making a statement. Im first and foremost an enthusiast who have been bitten by the bug back in the 90s. I am no pro and definately no competitor, I just have a passion for good sound, and wanted to enter a few shows next season to see how the ride stacks up to yall seasoned pros, and i thought where better to get info than on this site. I see how competitors have so much fun, LOL. And i feel the south needs more SQ guys to help make the sport grow even further. With that being said, I am not going to sell the rane just so I can compete in a lower class. If anything I just wont compete at all, I will still enjoy the car the same.

Chad , we would love to have you as a competitor and I truly believe you make a heck of a competitor. The advice you got from Sketoe and John , is very truthful and on the money .I know your car and know it should be a 2 seater no problem especially with the rane processor .No one said to sell it ,just put in the closet or if you want it in good use ......GIVE IT TO ME .LOL. John , said replace it (from the car ) if you don't want to compete in that class .You mention good sound and fun , well join us cause there is more than just fun and a lot more than just "good sound".
Back to top Go down
SouthSyde
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor

PostSubject: Re: What different SQ classes are there?   What different SQ classes are there? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 26, 2011 12:15 pm

Thanks for the kind words Ruperto. Not doggin the rule nor do I want anyone to change it. Just trying to understand it. You know, I havent gotten even to play with the rane yet. Just trying to learn the dragnet software now, should be getting it back from Matt Roberts next week. Smile So to use it or not is actually still in the air. But from what Ive researched, Im pretty sure I will be using it, although not to its fullest potential LOL There is soo many things on there that it can do, that is over my head. Guess if I wanna play my rookie season, Ill be playing with the big boys. Cool Supermod 2 seat it is!

Yes, we will soon set up a day at your place with some etoufee and modelos! Razz

On a side note, you know Erik, Matt, and Khanh wanna hit a few shows next season also. Well, Matt got a head start. hehe The more the merrier right? Smile
Back to top Go down
SouthSyde
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor

PostSubject: Re: What different SQ classes are there?   What different SQ classes are there? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 26, 2011 9:13 pm

Well, thank you guys for all the info!! Smile I think I know all that I need to know about different classes now and what belongs in what.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What different SQ classes are there?   What different SQ classes are there? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What different SQ classes are there?
Page 1 of 1