Mobile Audio Competitors Organization
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE LOUDEST SPORT ON EARTH!

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Joint Finals a success. USACI numbers down due to very remote (from USACI) location but better than expected. Results posted on web site.
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» STETSOM 7KD
disc - Moved from gen disc.- missing frequency range Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2020 7:37 pm by big bass joel

» any blown stetsom 7kd or 2k6d amps for sale
disc - Moved from gen disc.- missing frequency range Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2020 7:32 pm by big bass joel

» We need the forums back
disc - Moved from gen disc.- missing frequency range Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2019 2:41 pm by svillarrial

» THIS OLD FORUM IS ALIVE!!!! 6/14/17
disc - Moved from gen disc.- missing frequency range Icon_minitimeFri Sep 22, 2017 11:11 pm by 80INCHES

» It's back up !
disc - Moved from gen disc.- missing frequency range Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2016 7:03 pm by chrisfish

» 2 Atomic apocalypse 12s D4
disc - Moved from gen disc.- missing frequency range Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2016 12:53 am by supersquirt

» well hello
disc - Moved from gen disc.- missing frequency range Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2015 5:46 am by TAMU

» WELLLWELLL
disc - Moved from gen disc.- missing frequency range Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 4:24 pm by Nice

» SLAMBOREE AUG 1 & 2
disc - Moved from gen disc.- missing frequency range Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2015 12:14 pm by Pro_Mom

Top posters
sanman
disc - Moved from gen disc.- missing frequency range Vote_lcapdisc - Moved from gen disc.- missing frequency range Voting_bardisc - Moved from gen disc.- missing frequency range Vote_rcap 
The_Rowlands
disc - Moved from gen disc.- missing frequency range Vote_lcapdisc - Moved from gen disc.- missing frequency range Voting_bardisc - Moved from gen disc.- missing frequency range Vote_rcap 
chrisfish
Stingraysevenout
scionsoloxb
TECH114
Alan
supadave
Moparbass28
Navi
Statistics
We have 1855 registered users
The newest registered user is Farenheit

Our users have posted a total of 222582 messages in 12665 subjects
Keywords
drive crank records crzyblondgrl quad silence record build Audiopipe globe disc songs 2010 dollar finals broken chef state Johncarr world contest louisiana 80inches pics stereo kyle
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of United States Autosound Competition International on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of Mobile Audio Competitors Organization on your social bookmarking website

Moved from gen disc.- missing frequency range

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
ezmoney
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
ezmoney

Number of posts : 157
Registration date : 2011-06-18

disc - Moved from gen disc.- missing frequency range Empty
PostSubject: Moved from gen disc.- missing frequency range   disc - Moved from gen disc.- missing frequency range Icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2011 8:01 am

I had 2 pair of CDT 6.5 comps installed, front door & pillar(?), and in 6x9 brackets in rear deck. Playing rock they sound phenomenal, but put some rap/bass on, nothing but about 125hz & up. They have custom crossovers that came with the comps, the ARC Audio 4150 is set on high-pass at 75hz & less than half gain. I also have the crossover point on h.u. at 125hz., anything less would make them pop big-time. Don't get me wrong, it sounds great, and everyone who has sat in my car said it sounds great, and too loud for them, especially the bass. But you know, we can never have too much. Still at high volumes, I hear an occasional popping in them, but also, I don't like the slight drop-off in bass when it goes above the 80 hz. cut-off on the sub. Temporarily running a Kicker ZX400.1 on an 18" RD Sonance in 5 cubes. I can only imagine the drop-off I'm gonna have running the D9 on 2 15" lvl 5's. I'm seriously thinking about taking the comps out of the rear deck & putting the 6.5's in the back doors, where there is a place for em. Then get another smaller ARC amp to push them. Then use the 4150 to push either 2 or 4 - 8" subs in rear deck, and run em in the 45/50 hz range to 250/400 hz range to fill that void, depending on the 8" specs.

Any ideas?
Oh yeah, didn't mention that it's usually the front drivers side that's popping. Blown maybe, or gain is too high, idk
Back to top Go down
Stubbs
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
Stubbs

Number of posts : 162
Registration date : 2011-04-05

PostSubject: Re: Moved from gen disc.- missing frequency range   disc - Moved from gen disc.- missing frequency range Icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2011 8:17 am

How is this SQ.... Honestly I think your Mid drivers cannot take the wattage at that low of frequency for starters... If you have any kind of bass boost turned on would also cause this issue... 8" woofers in rear deck with small inclosures will do you best...

You need to get some speakers in the front that are made to handle higher wattage or secondly add another set up front with custom door pannels etc.. Id personally add more since your deff wanting more and 6x9's suck just fyi get rid of them plus if you have them in the back dash and have subs in trunk your moving more air and spl and will fight those speakers running free air in the back dash.

. So having 2 componet sets up front and 8" woofers in back dash you will have a totaly different car that will jam whatever you want to jam...
Back to top Go down
ezmoney
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
ezmoney

PostSubject: Re: Moved from gen disc.- missing frequency range   disc - Moved from gen disc.- missing frequency range Icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2011 12:57 pm

No 6x9's, they were replaced with CDT 6.5 comps, so that the 6.5 mid & 1" tweeter are mounted in a 6x9 bracket. The bass boost on the h.u. and the arc amp are set at 0. I think the 6.5's, which are rated to play freq. down to 65hz, is inaccurate. Got any 8" subs in mind to fill the void, & do you think 4 with 770w would get the job done in the rear deck, considering there will be 4000-5000w on 2 DC level 5 15"? Could then cut freq. on 6.5's around 125-140 hz.
Back to top Go down
emperorjj1
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
emperorjj1

Number of posts : 416
Registration date : 2007-06-26

PostSubject: Re: Moved from gen disc.- missing frequency range   disc - Moved from gen disc.- missing frequency range Icon_minitimeTue Jul 26, 2011 10:33 am

do you know what drivers you have? the cdts ive messed with didnt really impress me as far as midbass goes but with that high of a crossover you should be fine. have you tried turning off the sub and playing them to see if they still pop?
Back to top Go down
SouthSyde
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor

Number of posts : 105
Registration date : 2011-07-24

PostSubject: Re: Moved from gen disc.- missing frequency range   disc - Moved from gen disc.- missing frequency range Icon_minitimeTue Jul 26, 2011 12:40 pm

how are you running the 4150 to the speakers? you biamping them? or just front to channels to the passives?

If you are running just the front 2 channels passive, maybe 75 x 2 is not enough for the component at the high level you are listening to them to.
Back to top Go down
ezmoney
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
ezmoney

PostSubject: Re: Moved from gen disc.- missing frequency range   disc - Moved from gen disc.- missing frequency range Icon_minitimeTue Jul 26, 2011 2:53 pm

They still pop without sub, the gain is halfway, so there getting about 75 to each channel, and they hold 80. I've got the crossover set at about 85, from what I've been reading online, the CDT CL-series need to be cutoff @ 120 or more. bout to pull em all out & get some Hertz MLK 165. CL series have ZERO Midbass, but they sound great with rock, good high-end, no low end. Guess I'm gonna put 4 8's in rear deck to fill the void, unless the MLK's can handle it, think they can, until the 5000w into the subs cutoff at 80, I'm sure I'll still need more in the 60-200 range. Or is there another approach I should consider?
Back to top Go down
emperorjj1
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
emperorjj1

Number of posts : 416
Registration date : 2007-06-26

PostSubject: Re: Moved from gen disc.- missing frequency range   disc - Moved from gen disc.- missing frequency range Icon_minitimeTue Jul 26, 2011 7:31 pm

i dont have any personal experiance with the mlk but supposedly they are badass for the midbass. i knoe the ecx and hsk do very well and the hxk XL has midbass like a beast. still thou the 8" hv200 was king sucks they got rid of it. im running a 3 way with the es-07 and hv200. clean as hell setup

disc - Moved from gen disc.- missing frequency range Finished_3_thumb
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Moved from gen disc.- missing frequency range   disc - Moved from gen disc.- missing frequency range Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Moved from gen disc.- missing frequency range
Page 1 of 1