Mobile Audio Competitors Organization
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE LOUDEST SPORT ON EARTH!

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Joint Finals a success. USACI numbers down due to very remote (from USACI) location but better than expected. Results posted on web site.
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» STETSOM 7KD
anyone good with autopage security systems? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2020 7:37 pm by big bass joel

» any blown stetsom 7kd or 2k6d amps for sale
anyone good with autopage security systems? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2020 7:32 pm by big bass joel

» We need the forums back
anyone good with autopage security systems? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2019 2:41 pm by svillarrial

» THIS OLD FORUM IS ALIVE!!!! 6/14/17
anyone good with autopage security systems? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 22, 2017 11:11 pm by 80INCHES

» It's back up !
anyone good with autopage security systems? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2016 7:03 pm by chrisfish

» 2 Atomic apocalypse 12s D4
anyone good with autopage security systems? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2016 12:53 am by supersquirt

» well hello
anyone good with autopage security systems? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2015 5:46 am by TAMU

» WELLLWELLL
anyone good with autopage security systems? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 4:24 pm by Nice

» SLAMBOREE AUG 1 & 2
anyone good with autopage security systems? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2015 12:14 pm by Pro_Mom

Top posters
sanman
anyone good with autopage security systems? Vote_lcapanyone good with autopage security systems? Voting_baranyone good with autopage security systems? Vote_rcap 
The_Rowlands
anyone good with autopage security systems? Vote_lcapanyone good with autopage security systems? Voting_baranyone good with autopage security systems? Vote_rcap 
chrisfish
Stingraysevenout
scionsoloxb
TECH114
Alan
supadave
Moparbass28
Navi
Statistics
We have 1855 registered users
The newest registered user is Farenheit

Our users have posted a total of 222582 messages in 12665 subjects
Keywords
state records broken contest kyle record crzyblondgrl build pics world stereo finals dollar louisiana crank drive Johncarr songs quad chef Audiopipe globe silence 80inches disc 2010
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of United States Autosound Competition International on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of Mobile Audio Competitors Organization on your social bookmarking website

anyone good with autopage security systems?

Go down 
+2
mrbashful210
twentyhurtz
6 posters
AuthorMessage
twentyhurtz
Above Average Contributor
twentyhurtz

Number of posts : 914
Registration date : 2008-09-29

anyone good with autopage security systems? Empty
PostSubject: anyone good with autopage security systems?   anyone good with autopage security systems? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 02, 2011 12:40 am

i got my truck with an autopage alarm/keyless/remote start.. worked great the first week or two, then the range of the fob started to weaken till i had to get 5 ft from the truck just to lock or unlock it. Prev owner only supplied one, so i do not have a second to test against.
Purchased 2 new batts, 3v, and since i have changed the batts, with the same exact p/n, the remote only works 5 ft away, sometimes i have to almost touch the fender with the remote for it to transmit..
Anyone know if this is a programming issue or if the fob is just screwed up..
Back to top Go down
mrbashful210
mrbashful210

Number of posts : 606
Registration date : 2010-04-26

PostSubject: Re: anyone good with autopage security systems?   anyone good with autopage security systems? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 02, 2011 1:52 am

what model?
Back to top Go down
twentyhurtz
twentyhurtz

PostSubject: Re: anyone good with autopage security systems?   anyone good with autopage security systems? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 02, 2011 8:23 am

i have no clue, only p/n i have is on the remote, which is the remote p/n xt-33
Back to top Go down
KC_LOUD&CLEAR
KC_LOUD&CLEAR

Number of posts : 909
Location : THE LAND OF OZ! Dear Auntie em hate you, hate kansas, took the freakin dog! Dorthy!
Registration date : 2007-06-25

PostSubject: Re: anyone good with autopage security systems?   anyone good with autopage security systems? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 02, 2011 7:51 pm

check ant
Back to top Go down
twentyhurtz
twentyhurtz

PostSubject: Re: anyone good with autopage security systems?   anyone good with autopage security systems? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 02, 2011 8:44 pm

?? ANT is an acronym?
Back to top Go down
mrbashful210
mrbashful210

PostSubject: Re: anyone good with autopage security systems?   anyone good with autopage security systems? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 02, 2011 9:23 pm

is it a 2 way pager?? and do you know if its a 4 channel or 6 channel setup?
Back to top Go down
twentyhurtz
twentyhurtz

PostSubject: Re: anyone good with autopage security systems?   anyone good with autopage security systems? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 02, 2011 10:14 pm

wow.. nope.. no clue..

why would all that matter to know why the fob is loosing distance? wouldn't it be fob related?
Back to top Go down
twentyhurtz
twentyhurtz

PostSubject: Re: anyone good with autopage security systems?   anyone good with autopage security systems? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 02, 2011 10:46 pm

i guess tomorrow i will dig up under the dash and find the unit..
Back to top Go down
mrbashful210
mrbashful210

PostSubject: Re: anyone good with autopage security systems?   anyone good with autopage security systems? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 02, 2011 11:02 pm

check youe antena wiring if not the pager might be going bad.. i was asking model number to see what pager you had.
Back to top Go down
Lilredtiva
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
Lilredtiva

Number of posts : 443
Registration date : 2007-06-24

PostSubject: Re: anyone good with autopage security systems?   anyone good with autopage security systems? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 02, 2011 11:17 pm

I have one in our car that one fob (mine) only works from at most 5 ft away, the other works from a decent distance away. Never have figured out why. Our shop is an Autopage dealer, so we are familiar with them but can't get a good answer either.
Back to top Go down
maddog
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
maddog

Number of posts : 452
Registration date : 2010-06-15

PostSubject: Re: anyone good with autopage security systems?   anyone good with autopage security systems? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 03, 2011 6:17 am

time to switch to another brand of alarm
Back to top Go down
twentyhurtz
twentyhurtz

PostSubject: Re: anyone good with autopage security systems?   anyone good with autopage security systems? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 03, 2011 9:16 am

well, alarms are not my audio forte, that's for sure. i have only installed a hand full of them, personally i have always bought DEI Viper, but this truck came with the Autopage on it, and the previous owner to me he paid like $500-$600 installed for it at a shop where he is from.
I opened up the fob and nothing looks out of the ordinary, the batteries are in correct, have a float voltage of 2.9 and 3.1 - it uses two batts in series, and i even check the contacts to make sure there was no corrosion and there is proper contact.
Back to top Go down
redlineaudio
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
redlineaudio

Number of posts : 122
Registration date : 2007-06-25

PostSubject: Re: anyone good with autopage security systems?   anyone good with autopage security systems? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 03, 2011 10:28 am

the xt-33 is a pretty cheap remote, but it is also the secondary (backup) remote for some of the 2-way (paging) systems.....try and find the "black box" with the model # on it.....that will tell you if it's a 2-way or not. The main remote has 5x the range of that lil guy....
Back to top Go down
http://www.redlineaudio.com
twentyhurtz
twentyhurtz

PostSubject: Re: anyone good with autopage security systems?   anyone good with autopage security systems? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 03, 2011 12:06 pm

i will check this evening and post a model number
Back to top Go down
twentyhurtz
twentyhurtz

PostSubject: Re: anyone good with autopage security systems?   anyone good with autopage security systems? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 03, 2011 12:07 pm

when i first got the truck, i could crank it from about 100 ft without a problem.
Back to top Go down
twentyhurtz
twentyhurtz

PostSubject: Re: anyone good with autopage security systems?   anyone good with autopage security systems? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 05, 2011 4:16 pm

Autopage C13 RS-665
Back to top Go down
twentyhurtz
twentyhurtz

PostSubject: Re: anyone good with autopage security systems?   anyone good with autopage security systems? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 05, 2011 4:18 pm

Back to top Go down
mrbashful210
mrbashful210

PostSubject: Re: anyone good with autopage security systems?   anyone good with autopage security systems? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 05, 2011 4:35 pm

yeah its more then likely your remote.. autopage are not hard to program. you want me to see if i can find you a pager from the distributor out here?
Back to top Go down
twentyhurtz
twentyhurtz

PostSubject: Re: anyone good with autopage security systems?   anyone good with autopage security systems? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 05, 2011 6:01 pm

you can if you want, i will call up a few of the shops i used to work at too and see if any of them carry autopage now, both shops i worked at mainly pushed viper.
Back to top Go down
twentyhurtz
twentyhurtz

PostSubject: Re: anyone good with autopage security systems?   anyone good with autopage security systems? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 10, 2011 2:42 pm

Ok, so i got some time to deal with this issue again.
Since my last post, the alarm locked me out of the truck, not literally but i could not disable the alarm, i let the truck sit a day or two and finally the transmitter worked.
This happens with both transmitters alike, so i am not going to blame this on the transmitters. I spoke to a tech at autopage and it was suggested to me, to unplug the antenna, allow it to reset and try again. I did this with no success to solving the problem.
Then a new problem arises; since my system is not working right, and half the time i cannot lock or unlock the vehicle, i have been manually locking the door with a key or hitting the lock/unlock button on the door panel. Well i notice now that when i manually unlock the door, open the door and hit the unlock button on the door panel to let a passenger in, the alarm goes off; but, if i get in, crank the truck, then hit unlock, it will not go off.
The tech at autopage says either my factory alarm is interfering with the autopage or something is wrong with the autopage brain. He told me how to bypass the autopage system using the valet, and i will try that.
My truck occasionally has the factory "security" display flashing in the dash, but that happens just randomly sometimes. I did not receive the factory remote fobs with my truck, and i do not know how to bypass or disable the factory alarm if it is interfering.
Also, there is a GMPB module which allows my remote start to work, i was told if this goes bad or loses programming that there would be problems.

Any input?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: anyone good with autopage security systems?   anyone good with autopage security systems? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

anyone good with autopage security systems?
Page 1 of 1