Mobile Audio Competitors Organization
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE LOUDEST SPORT ON EARTH!

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Joint Finals a success. USACI numbers down due to very remote (from USACI) location but better than expected. Results posted on web site.
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» STETSOM 7KD
SAN ANTONIO HEATWAVE SCORES Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2020 7:37 pm by big bass joel

» any blown stetsom 7kd or 2k6d amps for sale
SAN ANTONIO HEATWAVE SCORES Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2020 7:32 pm by big bass joel

» We need the forums back
SAN ANTONIO HEATWAVE SCORES Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2019 2:41 pm by svillarrial

» THIS OLD FORUM IS ALIVE!!!! 6/14/17
SAN ANTONIO HEATWAVE SCORES Icon_minitimeFri Sep 22, 2017 11:11 pm by 80INCHES

» It's back up !
SAN ANTONIO HEATWAVE SCORES Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2016 7:03 pm by chrisfish

» 2 Atomic apocalypse 12s D4
SAN ANTONIO HEATWAVE SCORES Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2016 12:53 am by supersquirt

» well hello
SAN ANTONIO HEATWAVE SCORES Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2015 5:46 am by TAMU

» WELLLWELLL
SAN ANTONIO HEATWAVE SCORES Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 4:24 pm by Nice

» SLAMBOREE AUG 1 & 2
SAN ANTONIO HEATWAVE SCORES Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2015 12:14 pm by Pro_Mom

Top posters
sanman
SAN ANTONIO HEATWAVE SCORES Vote_lcapSAN ANTONIO HEATWAVE SCORES Voting_barSAN ANTONIO HEATWAVE SCORES Vote_rcap 
The_Rowlands
SAN ANTONIO HEATWAVE SCORES Vote_lcapSAN ANTONIO HEATWAVE SCORES Voting_barSAN ANTONIO HEATWAVE SCORES Vote_rcap 
chrisfish
Stingraysevenout
scionsoloxb
TECH114
Alan
supadave
Moparbass28
Navi
Statistics
We have 1855 registered users
The newest registered user is Farenheit

Our users have posted a total of 222582 messages in 12665 subjects
Keywords
finals dollar record crzyblondgrl broken 80inches build state pics 2010 records globe contest louisiana disc silence songs world Johncarr stereo kyle Audiopipe drive chef crank quad
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of United States Autosound Competition International on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of Mobile Audio Competitors Organization on your social bookmarking website

SAN ANTONIO HEATWAVE SCORES

Go down 
+2
Stingraysevenout
mrbashful210
6 posters
AuthorMessage
mrbashful210
Above Average Contributor
mrbashful210

Number of posts : 606
Registration date : 2010-04-26

SAN ANTONIO HEATWAVE SCORES Empty
PostSubject: SAN ANTONIO HEATWAVE SCORES   SAN ANTONIO HEATWAVE SCORES Icon_minitimeSun May 29, 2011 7:03 pm

WHO HAS THEM? LETS SEE THEM cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Stingraysevenout
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
Stingraysevenout

Number of posts : 6002
Registration date : 2007-06-23

PostSubject: Re: SAN ANTONIO HEATWAVE SCORES   SAN ANTONIO HEATWAVE SCORES Icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2011 2:08 am

You were supposed to go to get scores fker....LOL

How did Earnest do with good batts for once?? Hope all went well holla at me tomm bro
Back to top Go down
mrbashful210
mrbashful210

PostSubject: Re: SAN ANTONIO HEATWAVE SCORES   SAN ANTONIO HEATWAVE SCORES Icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2011 4:19 am

lol earnest burnt another amp!!! he ddnt make it either.. but austin ill be there!
Back to top Go down
Stingraysevenout
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
Stingraysevenout

PostSubject: Re: SAN ANTONIO HEATWAVE SCORES   SAN ANTONIO HEATWAVE SCORES Icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2011 12:35 pm

Well poop
Back to top Go down
daddy_j

Number of posts : 797
Registration date : 2008-04-30

PostSubject: Re: SAN ANTONIO HEATWAVE SCORES   SAN ANTONIO HEATWAVE SCORES Icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2011 2:17 pm

somehow I'm louder with one amp than I am with 3amps. I couldn't figure out why my amps kept going into protect when they were wired to .5ohms each before rise, and resting volts at 17v. The amps would go into protect before the voltage even dropped to 16.6v. I had to roll into it so super slow to even get volume 5 on the radio. Then all of a sudden pop and magic smoke.
Back to top Go down
sanman
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
sanman

Number of posts : 12087

PostSubject: Re: SAN ANTONIO HEATWAVE SCORES   SAN ANTONIO HEATWAVE SCORES Icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2011 3:00 pm

ohm load/voltage drop/amperage draw/rise alot of key facotrs play into this man

what amplifiers are we talking about here
Back to top Go down
daddy_j

PostSubject: Re: SAN ANTONIO HEATWAVE SCORES   SAN ANTONIO HEATWAVE SCORES Icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2011 4:59 pm

cactus pf600s modded for ~17.8

even if the rise is 0 (which it isn't) the pf600 should be able to do .5ohms. I have tried it with my 3 kinetik 16v, and 3 power masters from Jimbo, and the voltage starts at 17.1 volts and doesn't drop under 16v.

One connected to all 3 subs does a 157.5dbs (.167 ohms before rise, no protect), all three with each amp on 1 15 rd heavyweight dual 1ohm does 155 before 2 of the amps go into protect. Volume on the head unit is only on 5 before they go into protect. I know not a lot of info, but nothing is out of the norm.
Back to top Go down
sanman
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
sanman

PostSubject: Re: SAN ANTONIO HEATWAVE SCORES   SAN ANTONIO HEATWAVE SCORES Icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2011 5:22 pm

then something aint right man it takes power to make it

when i was on 3 pf600's modded or not they wouldnt play at anything over 17.2v they would just clip out I was told by christoph himself they would handle 18v out the box and when i told him he didnt know his own Dung Pile he got all butt hurt on me and i told him he needed to get with his build house because i thought it was some Cow poopy that i had to send them back out to be modded correctly by ARC

my 3 amps would drop 18 batts 3-4v a roll man and i was clamping awsome power out of them as well so something aint right in your setup for sure

Back to top Go down
daddy_j

PostSubject: Re: SAN ANTONIO HEATWAVE SCORES   SAN ANTONIO HEATWAVE SCORES Icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2011 5:39 pm

Im gonna throw my box that was doing 159s with mojo 15s, I've had a lot of bad luck with this new box. It is a solid built box, but for some reason I can't get loud with it. I reran every single wire from scratch, when I connected the new batts.

When I run the amps, I am only using 17.2-17.0 starting voltage. Every click on the volume on my head unit I can see the back window push out more and more with each turn of the knob. But like I said once I get to volume 5 either one goes into protect or both go into protect.

When I run 1 amp to all 3 subs, when I'm rolling the volume I could see the protect light turn on very dim, and one more click on the volume, the light got a little darker, and one more click a little darker, until it went into protect at volume 12.
Back to top Go down
daddy_j

PostSubject: Re: SAN ANTONIO HEATWAVE SCORES   SAN ANTONIO HEATWAVE SCORES Icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2011 5:40 pm

by the way the highest of the day was a 158 and no trophies, just one for loudest of the day.
Back to top Go down
mrbashful210
mrbashful210

PostSubject: Re: SAN ANTONIO HEATWAVE SCORES   SAN ANTONIO HEATWAVE SCORES Icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2011 5:44 pm

yeah i heard the trophies were plaques!
Back to top Go down
XFL-Leader
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
XFL-Leader

Number of posts : 320
Registration date : 2007-06-30

PostSubject: Re: SAN ANTONIO HEATWAVE SCORES   SAN ANTONIO HEATWAVE SCORES Icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2011 6:08 pm

daddy_j wrote:
somehow I'm louder with one amp than I am with 3amps. I couldn't figure out why my amps kept going into protect when they were wired to .5ohms each before rise, and resting volts at 17v. The amps would go into protect before the voltage even dropped to 16.6v. I had to roll into it so super slow to even get volume 5 on the radio. Then all of a sudden pop and magic smoke.

Have you tried all three amps wired one at a time to the three subs? Try amp#1, then amp#2, then amp#3. See if one amp might be having the problem.
You could always try two amps, .33 ohm per amp.
Back to top Go down
sanman
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
sanman

PostSubject: Re: SAN ANTONIO HEATWAVE SCORES   SAN ANTONIO HEATWAVE SCORES Icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2011 6:34 pm

exactly i agree with this one amp clipping out can cause the rest to as well

but the fact that you say 1 amp has the clip light flicker as well tells me that 3 batts wich i already know isnt enough to sustain these amplifiers like they want to be

people that are having great luck even in 0-600 ss man are using something other than batts to help them sustain voltage

Back to top Go down
daddy_j

PostSubject: Re: SAN ANTONIO HEATWAVE SCORES   SAN ANTONIO HEATWAVE SCORES Icon_minitimeTue May 31, 2011 9:57 pm

well after testing some more today, I change some settings on my head unit and now the amps are staying out of protect. But with all 3 subs on one amp(.167) , I did 157.3 and on the other amp and all three subs (.167) was 157.2dbs. Maybe the .1db was from voltage drop.
Back to top Go down
XFL-Leader
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
XFL-Leader

Number of posts : 320
Registration date : 2007-06-30

PostSubject: Re: SAN ANTONIO HEATWAVE SCORES   SAN ANTONIO HEATWAVE SCORES Icon_minitimeTue May 31, 2011 10:16 pm

Did you try the third amp? I think you should try two amps on the three subs. Did you happen to watch what your voltage drop was?
Back to top Go down
daddy_j

PostSubject: Re: SAN ANTONIO HEATWAVE SCORES   SAN ANTONIO HEATWAVE SCORES Icon_minitimeTue May 31, 2011 11:42 pm

third amp blew, for no reason at all. My voltage hasn't dropped under 14v in any of my test. I had the bass turned up on my head unit, when I turned it to 0, I stopped going into protect. So far the 2 amps wired to .33 has been the loudest, but still not impressed. 2 amps wired down to .33 is not even 1 DB louder than 1 amp wired to .167 ohms. Voltage maybe goes into 15volt, so voltage is not the problem (I don't think). I honestly think its the box. Tomorrow I'm gonna try the old box.
Back to top Go down
Stingraysevenout
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
Stingraysevenout

PostSubject: Re: SAN ANTONIO HEATWAVE SCORES   SAN ANTONIO HEATWAVE SCORES Icon_minitimeWed Jun 01, 2011 12:48 am

At least the batts are staying right on cue for ya now at least... Hope ya figure it out .. But i do have just one question since you know your volts and such on amp but your comment about the bass turning down and it didn't clip um do you even know what your voltage is coming out of your radio going into your amp ? I mean where you roll to or burp at the volume you do that at going into amp what is your voltage on rca's at that setting? If you say you dont know ima hold my breath till i turn blue bro.. That really made me wonder cause we know it affected your clip so see where im going with what im sayin????
Back to top Go down
daddy_j

PostSubject: Re: SAN ANTONIO HEATWAVE SCORES   SAN ANTONIO HEATWAVE SCORES Icon_minitimeWed Jun 01, 2011 1:46 am

The head unit is an old school pioneer output is 2volts and we have tested the output, when I was using the cactus 5ks and found where the most I could get out of my head unit before it started to clip. But if you see how many amps I have blown in my testing, you would see why I hate to test. Everytime I hit the switch for the remote wire, I would take a deep breath. I mean one amp just went out, I haven't figured it out. I KNOW it wasn't the voltage or the impedance. It went into protect and the next time I turned it on, poof, before I could even send in a signal.

As far as me saying it "didn't clip", I ment it didn't go into protect. I know sometimes that means the same, but not always. I have had the protect light come on with no RCAS even hooked up, and the voltage right around 17volts.
Back to top Go down
mrbashful210
mrbashful210

PostSubject: Re: SAN ANTONIO HEATWAVE SCORES   SAN ANTONIO HEATWAVE SCORES Icon_minitimeWed Jun 01, 2011 3:11 am

lol it was funny!! he started sweating every time he turned the amp on. but the voltage never went under 15.5 i was the one keeping an eye on it.
Back to top Go down
daddy_j

PostSubject: Re: SAN ANTONIO HEATWAVE SCORES   SAN ANTONIO HEATWAVE SCORES Icon_minitimeWed Jun 01, 2011 3:24 am

go to sleep fool, you got a long day ahead of you testing
Back to top Go down
mrbashful210
mrbashful210

PostSubject: Re: SAN ANTONIO HEATWAVE SCORES   SAN ANTONIO HEATWAVE SCORES Icon_minitimeWed Jun 01, 2011 4:18 pm

no one has any scores yet?
Back to top Go down
maddog
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
maddog

Number of posts : 452
Registration date : 2010-06-15

PostSubject: Re: SAN ANTONIO HEATWAVE SCORES   SAN ANTONIO HEATWAVE SCORES Icon_minitimeThu Jun 02, 2011 4:20 am

x2, I don't wanna wait!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SAN ANTONIO HEATWAVE SCORES   SAN ANTONIO HEATWAVE SCORES Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

SAN ANTONIO HEATWAVE SCORES
Page 1 of 1