Mobile Audio Competitors Organization
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE LOUDEST SPORT ON EARTH!

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Joint Finals a success. USACI numbers down due to very remote (from USACI) location but better than expected. Results posted on web site.
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» STETSOM 7KD
purpose of multiple runs of wire? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2020 7:37 pm by big bass joel

» any blown stetsom 7kd or 2k6d amps for sale
purpose of multiple runs of wire? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2020 7:32 pm by big bass joel

» We need the forums back
purpose of multiple runs of wire? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2019 2:41 pm by svillarrial

» THIS OLD FORUM IS ALIVE!!!! 6/14/17
purpose of multiple runs of wire? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 22, 2017 11:11 pm by 80INCHES

» It's back up !
purpose of multiple runs of wire? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2016 7:03 pm by chrisfish

» 2 Atomic apocalypse 12s D4
purpose of multiple runs of wire? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2016 12:53 am by supersquirt

» well hello
purpose of multiple runs of wire? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2015 5:46 am by TAMU

» WELLLWELLL
purpose of multiple runs of wire? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 4:24 pm by Nice

» SLAMBOREE AUG 1 & 2
purpose of multiple runs of wire? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2015 12:14 pm by Pro_Mom

Top posters
sanman
purpose of multiple runs of wire? Vote_lcappurpose of multiple runs of wire? Voting_barpurpose of multiple runs of wire? Vote_rcap 
The_Rowlands
purpose of multiple runs of wire? Vote_lcappurpose of multiple runs of wire? Voting_barpurpose of multiple runs of wire? Vote_rcap 
chrisfish
Stingraysevenout
scionsoloxb
TECH114
Alan
supadave
Moparbass28
Navi
Statistics
We have 1855 registered users
The newest registered user is Farenheit

Our users have posted a total of 222582 messages in 12665 subjects
Keywords
louisiana Audiopipe build crzyblondgrl world Johncarr dollar chef globe contest records silence 2010 crank 80inches disc broken kyle songs pics state record quad finals drive stereo
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of United States Autosound Competition International on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of Mobile Audio Competitors Organization on your social bookmarking website

purpose of multiple runs of wire?

Go down 
+10
DJMDMA
AudioAnonymous
The_Rowlands
Greg McCool
SPL Blazer
maddog
scionsoloxb
SQcrewcab
solo1
poundstone
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
poundstone
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
poundstone

Number of posts : 1900
Registration date : 2010-06-05

purpose of multiple runs of wire? Empty
PostSubject: purpose of multiple runs of wire?   purpose of multiple runs of wire? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 24, 2011 3:53 pm

ok now i get the point that the bigger the wire the less resistance therefore the more current that gets transferred but when is it overkill? i mean i understand having multiple runs with multiple alternator setups but if you only have 1 alternator that does 270a max why would you have 6 runs when it only needs 1 run to carry that much current? i could understand 2 runs to lower resistance but i see some people with 1 alt 6 runs to the back and just seems stupid to me!! if im wrong please explain just wondering? Question
Back to top Go down
solo1
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
solo1

Number of posts : 428
Registration date : 2007-06-22

PostSubject: Re: purpose of multiple runs of wire?   purpose of multiple runs of wire? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 24, 2011 3:58 pm

Less resistance from the front alt./battery to the amp= louder. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
SQcrewcab
Above Average Contributor
SQcrewcab

Number of posts : 801
Registration date : 2007-06-23

PostSubject: Re: purpose of multiple runs of wire?   purpose of multiple runs of wire? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 24, 2011 5:00 pm

There are some guys that have added a few extra runs of 1/0 and their score went up.. added a few more runs and it went up again.. and so on.. Your talking Tenths but every bit matters. The ones you see with 6 runs stop there because thats all they can fit.. there are people with more than that.
Back to top Go down
poundstone
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
poundstone

PostSubject: Re: purpose of multiple runs of wire?   purpose of multiple runs of wire? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 24, 2011 5:17 pm

yeah i figured that im just wondering when is it overkill? if i have my battery bank in the back the only thing getting carried through it is the current from the alternator which maxes out eventually. i understand it in battery banks or amps or stuff like that just not the whole i have a 270a alot so im gonna run 6 runs of 0 ga from it i just dont see the gain but ive never test i personally have 2 runs im just wondering if its gonna matter that much i know every tenth counts and when i get to that point i might understand doing it. idk just tryin to understand it!lol i guess its just personal whether it works for you or not!
Back to top Go down
scionsoloxb
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!
scionsoloxb

Number of posts : 4832

PostSubject: Re: purpose of multiple runs of wire?   purpose of multiple runs of wire? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 24, 2011 5:18 pm

sometimes ppl test on the termlab on 5 digits... u dig....lol
Back to top Go down
poundstone
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
poundstone

PostSubject: Re: purpose of multiple runs of wire?   purpose of multiple runs of wire? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 24, 2011 5:25 pm

I DIG!!!lmao
Back to top Go down
maddog
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
maddog

Number of posts : 452
Registration date : 2010-06-15

PostSubject: Re: purpose of multiple runs of wire?   purpose of multiple runs of wire? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 24, 2011 10:06 pm

I had a .5 db gain in my crx when i went from 2 runs of zero gauge to 8 runs. 4 pos and 4 neg all to the front battery with a stock alt.
Back to top Go down
SPL Blazer

Number of posts : 579
Registration date : 2008-05-04

PostSubject: Re: purpose of multiple runs of wire?   purpose of multiple runs of wire? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 24, 2011 11:29 pm

I've heard some competitors with multiple runs do it because having those extra runs acts like a storage device, they can keep power that you need for a burp. Granted this probably won't make a difference in USACi where your allowed to keep the vehicle running. I know there are guys in Drags that have used as many as 30 runs each in Street Max, just for this reason.
Back to top Go down
Greg McCool
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
Greg McCool

Number of posts : 1960
Registration date : 2007-09-05

PostSubject: Re: purpose of multiple runs of wire?   purpose of multiple runs of wire? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2011 8:53 am

SPL Blazer wrote:
I've heard some competitors with multiple runs do it because having those extra runs acts like a storage device, they can keep power that you need for a burp. Granted this probably won't make a difference in USACi where your allowed to keep the vehicle running. I know there are guys in Drags that have used as many as 30 runs each in Street Max, just for this reason.

Brahahahahahah... who told you that?
Back to top Go down
SPL Blazer

PostSubject: Re: purpose of multiple runs of wire?   purpose of multiple runs of wire? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2011 9:11 am

Db Draggers, thats who.
Back to top Go down
Greg McCool
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
Greg McCool

PostSubject: Re: purpose of multiple runs of wire?   purpose of multiple runs of wire? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2011 9:19 am

Hmmmm ok..

Wire is NO way shape form or fashion a storage device! Wire is a conductor and nothing more. When Dragers or my self ran multiple runs it's because it acts like a flexible bus bar not a storage device.
Back to top Go down
SPL Blazer

PostSubject: Re: purpose of multiple runs of wire?   purpose of multiple runs of wire? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2011 9:26 am

So 200-600+ feet of copper 1/0 wire won't hold any power at all when the vehicle is off? I find that hard to believe.
Back to top Go down
Greg McCool
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
Greg McCool

PostSubject: Re: purpose of multiple runs of wire?   purpose of multiple runs of wire? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2011 9:30 am

SPL Blazer wrote:
So 200-600+ feet of copper 1/0 wire won't hold any power at all when the vehicle is off? I find that hard to believe.

How much power does that 200-600+ 1/0 hold when you take it off a bank of batteries?
Back to top Go down
SPL Blazer

PostSubject: Re: purpose of multiple runs of wire?   purpose of multiple runs of wire? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2011 9:39 am

Probably not much, or at least not for very long. But who's talking about taking it off a battery, if it's on the battery it's like an extension of the battery and will hold a charge until discharged. It doesn't have to hold much to help a score when your doing it with the vehicle off, but every bit helps.
Back to top Go down
Greg McCool
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
Greg McCool

PostSubject: Re: purpose of multiple runs of wire?   purpose of multiple runs of wire? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2011 9:41 am

We tried long before using 1 spool of 100ft of 1/0 making 1 run from the front to the back leaving all the wire still spooled up Vs. cutting up the 100ft spool of 1/0 and ran 4 runs of 1/0 from front to back and the gain we huge on the runs 4 runs of wire Vs. the other way.
Back to top Go down
Greg McCool
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
Greg McCool

PostSubject: Re: purpose of multiple runs of wire?   purpose of multiple runs of wire? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2011 9:42 am

So if you say wire stores power thats wrong from all my testing.
Your right every little but helps!
Back to top Go down
The_Rowlands
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
The_Rowlands

Number of posts : 7398
Registration date : 2007-08-08

PostSubject: Re: purpose of multiple runs of wire?   purpose of multiple runs of wire? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2011 9:53 am

because its pretty....
Back to top Go down
AudioAnonymous
AudioAnonymous

Number of posts : 736

PostSubject: Re: purpose of multiple runs of wire?   purpose of multiple runs of wire? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2011 9:57 am

SPL Blazer wrote:
They're on crack.
Back to top Go down
DJMDMA

Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2011-01-17

PostSubject: Re: purpose of multiple runs of wire?   purpose of multiple runs of wire? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2011 10:58 am

CactusSounds-Geoff wrote:
SPL Blazer wrote:
They're on crack.

LOL
Back to top Go down
taz
taz

Number of posts : 797
Registration date : 2007-06-29

PostSubject: Re: purpose of multiple runs of wire?   purpose of multiple runs of wire? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2011 11:46 am

SPL Blazer wrote:
They're on crack.

what vehicle did a 165 on two 12volt batts? its in your sig
Back to top Go down
AudioAnonymous
AudioAnonymous

PostSubject: Re: purpose of multiple runs of wire?   purpose of multiple runs of wire? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2011 12:27 pm

taz wrote:
SPL Blazer wrote:
They're on crack.

what vehicle did a 165 on two 12volt batts? its in your sig
my streetmax van. Why?
Back to top Go down
taz
taz

PostSubject: Re: purpose of multiple runs of wire?   purpose of multiple runs of wire? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2011 12:59 pm

just asking as i had not seen or heard that , mark brus and i thought we had the loudest 12volt score with hi s s10 , 164.9 . is that street legal or a mod vehicle?
Back to top Go down
Chris Team ACT

Number of posts : 564
Registration date : 2009-01-31

PostSubject: Re: purpose of multiple runs of wire?   purpose of multiple runs of wire? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2011 1:04 pm

I have 8 runs of 1/0 in my Yugo only because I didnt have the funds for 16 runs. Every run extra = gain. I compete with the car off and everytime I added a run I gained and I keep gaining.
Back to top Go down
Greg McCool
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
Greg McCool

PostSubject: Re: purpose of multiple runs of wire?   purpose of multiple runs of wire? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2011 1:36 pm

Just because someone posts on the drag forum don't mean they know what they are talking about any more then me standing in my garage thinking I'm a car.....
Back to top Go down
DJMDMA

Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2011-01-17

PostSubject: Re: purpose of multiple runs of wire?   purpose of multiple runs of wire? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2011 1:41 pm

Greg McCool wrote:
then me standing in my garage thinking I'm a car.....

Razz Razz Razz

But honestly I think that too much would have a negative effect. Not enough amperage to cover a surface.
Back to top Go down
poundstone
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
poundstone

PostSubject: Re: purpose of multiple runs of wire?   purpose of multiple runs of wire? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2011 2:26 pm

taz wrote:
just asking as i had not seen or heard that , mark brus and i thought we had the loudest 12volt score with hi s s10 , 164.9 . is that street legal or a mod vehicle?

its a mod vehicle 4 18's if i remember right? im sure he'll chime in! his van is badass cant wait to see it this year!!
Back to top Go down
scionsoloxb
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!
scionsoloxb

Number of posts : 4832

PostSubject: Re: purpose of multiple runs of wire?   purpose of multiple runs of wire? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2011 2:45 pm

that was 2 12v batts......... cheers
Back to top Go down
taz
taz

PostSubject: Re: purpose of multiple runs of wire?   purpose of multiple runs of wire? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2011 3:17 pm

very nice.....would like to see
Back to top Go down
AudioAnonymous
AudioAnonymous

PostSubject: Re: purpose of multiple runs of wire?   purpose of multiple runs of wire? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2011 5:55 pm

poundstone wrote:
taz wrote:

its a mod vehicle 4 18's if i remember right? im sure he'll chime in! his van is badass cant wait to see it this year!!

If by mod you mean extreme vehicle then no it's not an extreme vehicle. It does however have a wall in it without a floor cut and it is street legal so by USACi's class name it would be in modified.
Back to top Go down
poundstone
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
poundstone

PostSubject: Re: purpose of multiple runs of wire?   purpose of multiple runs of wire? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2011 6:24 pm

now cactus needs to come out with a amp that does 1000w at 4ohms for the usaci mod classes!lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: purpose of multiple runs of wire?   purpose of multiple runs of wire? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

purpose of multiple runs of wire?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Mobile Audio Competitors Organization :: GENERAL DISCUSSION :: General Discussion :: GENERAL SOUND COMPETITION DISCUSSION-
Jump to: