Mobile Audio Competitors Organization
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE LOUDEST SPORT ON EARTH!

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Joint Finals a success. USACI numbers down due to very remote (from USACI) location but better than expected. Results posted on web site.
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» STETSOM 7KD
need some help Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2020 7:37 pm by big bass joel

» any blown stetsom 7kd or 2k6d amps for sale
need some help Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2020 7:32 pm by big bass joel

» We need the forums back
need some help Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2019 2:41 pm by svillarrial

» THIS OLD FORUM IS ALIVE!!!! 6/14/17
need some help Icon_minitimeFri Sep 22, 2017 11:11 pm by 80INCHES

» It's back up !
need some help Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2016 7:03 pm by chrisfish

» 2 Atomic apocalypse 12s D4
need some help Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2016 12:53 am by supersquirt

» well hello
need some help Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2015 5:46 am by TAMU

» WELLLWELLL
need some help Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 4:24 pm by Nice

» SLAMBOREE AUG 1 & 2
need some help Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2015 12:14 pm by Pro_Mom

Top posters
sanman
need some help Vote_lcapneed some help Voting_barneed some help Vote_rcap 
The_Rowlands
chrisfish
Stingraysevenout
scionsoloxb
TECH114
Alan
supadave
Moparbass28
Navi
Statistics
We have 1855 registered users
The newest registered user is Farenheit

Our users have posted a total of 222582 messages in 12665 subjects
Keywords
globe pics contest build finals stereo records Johncarr drive crank 2010 record 80inches world crzyblondgrl disc broken louisiana quad state chef dollar silence Audiopipe songs kyle
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of United States Autosound Competition International on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of Mobile Audio Competitors Organization on your social bookmarking website

need some help

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
1215 customs
1215 customs

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2010-11-07

need some help Empty
PostSubject: need some help   need some help Icon_minitimeSun Nov 07, 2010 2:55 am

i got four solos in my expo on a ma 802sx in ported box at 1.75 per sub with 10.75 x 1.75 x 16 ports each sub i have not competed since 2004 as seen in pics the install is ok all done by me and my friends but had major issues at finals cab wouldnt pressure i in a hurry hooked subs up outta phase got that problem corrected my fault but my question is what amp would serve better the ma is ok but will only do 1400 at 1ohm stereo and i know that not enough but it was wat we had laying around and am wondering will 12's even compete with todays numbers in that much cab area now steet beating it sounds off the wall but am i wasting my time trying to compete with anything using twelves
Back to top Go down
chrisbaldelli
Above Average Contributor
Above Average Contributor
chrisbaldelli

Number of posts : 559
Registration date : 2008-11-30

need some help Empty
PostSubject: Re: need some help   need some help Icon_minitimeSun Nov 07, 2010 11:55 pm

It should make for a good SB3 setup. SoloX's can handle alot of power, if it's CLEAN power. On the website, Kicker claims they can handle 5000wRMS each. That's 20,000w for 4 of em... which requires a large battery bank and a few surfboard amps.

The MA HK-802SX supposedly can do:
2 x 500W RMS @ 4 Ohm Stereo
2 x 800W RMS @ 2 Ohm Stereo
2 x 1400W RMS @ 1 Ohm Stereo
2 x 2200W RMS @ 0.5 Ohm Stereo
1 x 4400W RMS @ 1 Ohm Bridged

It probably gets hot, and requires alot of battery power, to run at 1 ohm bridged, but I imagine it should drop that low without catching fire... since it's advertised at that rating a couple places online.

Traditional Surfboard amps:
Kicker Warhorse (hahaha... don't think about it!)
Audioque AQ20
Sundown 4500
RD D9
DB Drive A7

That much power isn't cheap though. If you're trying to get into competition without breaking the bank, I'd sell 2 of the subs, and play in SB2 where you'll only need a little more power.
Back to top Go down
poundstone
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
poundstone

Number of posts : 1900
Registration date : 2010-06-05

need some help Empty
PostSubject: Re: need some help   need some help Icon_minitimeMon Nov 08, 2010 9:34 am

well what are you looking to spend? whats your electrical consist of right now? the subs you have are good enough to compete but if you are serious about competing you should prolly change your box and design more spl oriented! from your picks the ports look small and im sure its tuned low for daily! i guess it just really depends on what you want out of it if you want a spl vehicle that will compete at a high level you should prolly trash your box and start over! your subs are ok for competing there are better but the kickers are good subs and can take some power! as for amps that really depends on how much you got to spend on them and on the electrical to support them!!
Back to top Go down
1215 customs
1215 customs

need some help Empty
PostSubject: Re: need some help   need some help Icon_minitimeMon Nov 08, 2010 3:36 pm

as far as the box yea it more setup for steet beat there tuned at round 40hz and as far as the pwer sources i got kinetic 1800 under the hood two hc 600 and two optima red tops and the alternator is a stock 110 amp duralast for now am looking at upgrading it off hand as far as a amplifier i am looking at the aq i do want to stay in street beat for sure and the funds arent wat ive been finding affordable unfortunately wat im wanting to do later is different but i am wanting to at least be able to be impressive but without a doubt not looking to steal the show have done saw that there is always someone that is bigger and better but i like the way sb looks cause it does give that daily driver the chance to play loud and be able to compete kinda at the same time but i was told a long time ago by friend mine your not going to have both but you can have fun doing a lil both in 94 i had a 94 eclipse with 8 tens all ma and a ma 4400 doing 150.6 but that was then when the term first was brought in to usaci and then changes to these L7 12's and a earthquake ph d2 shredder and ported box threw a 155 in the eclipse and like i said that was then now im in a suv trying to be able to play and thanks for the help guys to do appreciate it
Back to top Go down
KickerRex
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
KickerRex

Number of posts : 2063
Registration date : 2008-03-05

need some help Empty
PostSubject: Re: need some help   need some help Icon_minitimeMon Nov 08, 2010 3:43 pm

get in touch with solo1 Terry shaffer on here.. he has a box for 4 12s out of his mountaneer that he won a few titles with.. He knows a thing or 2 about those vehicles.. lemme know how it works out for ya
Back to top Go down
poundstone
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
poundstone

need some help Empty
PostSubject: Re: need some help   need some help Icon_minitimeMon Nov 08, 2010 3:46 pm

well if your gonna run that class with the subs you have your best be would be to sell all your batts and buy some new bigger batts! nsb 100 seems to be the best out there that fits in the class! and def upgrade your alt if your gonna be pulling that much power! after that its just seein how much you got left for power! i mean you have the speakers if you just spent like $1000 on upgrading electrical then you could find a good amp that will be able to use all that power you now have! idk what your budget looks like but its not a cheap sport if you wanna be competitive! people put alot of work and time into their builds so you have to do the same if you wanna get where you are competitive at a national level! you could put up some good #'s and would be nice with just the subs you have just upgrade the electrical first it takes power to make power!! for about 2500 you could have a competitive sb3 car.imo then its decideing if you you wanna wall it off or not?
Back to top Go down
1215 customs
1215 customs

need some help Empty
PostSubject: Re: need some help   need some help Icon_minitimeMon Nov 08, 2010 5:12 pm

thanks guys you are very helpful and to be in sb3 how many subs can you run i just got a call from a local buddy that got two more subs like mine and not using them six subs gotta be better than four in that much air im thinking
Back to top Go down
poundstone
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
poundstone

need some help Empty
PostSubject: Re: need some help   need some help Icon_minitimeMon Nov 08, 2010 6:40 pm

sb3 is 16 8's, 8 10's, 4 12's, 2 15's, or 1 18 if you do that then youd be in sb4 and you dont wanna play with those big boys!lol unless you can streetbeat a 160!lol
Back to top Go down
1215 customs
1215 customs

need some help Empty
PostSubject: Re: need some help   need some help Icon_minitimeTue Nov 09, 2010 7:42 am

ahh i was wondering how they actually place you where how and wat is sb2 consist of
Back to top Go down
poundstone
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
poundstone

need some help Empty
PostSubject: Re: need some help   need some help Icon_minitimeTue Nov 09, 2010 9:53 am

all the streetbeat classes are unlimited power just depends how many subs and batts you have we are only allowed 3 batts total in streetbeat 2! and then it just goes off the sub points system you can look it up in the rules section!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

need some help Empty
PostSubject: Re: need some help   need some help Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

need some help
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Mobile Audio Competitors Organization :: GENERAL DISCUSSION :: HOW TO GET LOUD! :: HOW TO GET LOUD!-
Jump to: