Mobile Audio Competitors Organization
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE LOUDEST SPORT ON EARTH!

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Joint Finals a success. USACI numbers down due to very remote (from USACI) location but better than expected. Results posted on web site.
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» STETSOM 7KD
why do you have to break in woofers? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2020 7:37 pm by big bass joel

» any blown stetsom 7kd or 2k6d amps for sale
why do you have to break in woofers? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2020 7:32 pm by big bass joel

» We need the forums back
why do you have to break in woofers? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2019 2:41 pm by svillarrial

» THIS OLD FORUM IS ALIVE!!!! 6/14/17
why do you have to break in woofers? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 22, 2017 11:11 pm by 80INCHES

» It's back up !
why do you have to break in woofers? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2016 7:03 pm by chrisfish

» 2 Atomic apocalypse 12s D4
why do you have to break in woofers? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2016 12:53 am by supersquirt

» well hello
why do you have to break in woofers? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2015 5:46 am by TAMU

» WELLLWELLL
why do you have to break in woofers? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 4:24 pm by Nice

» SLAMBOREE AUG 1 & 2
why do you have to break in woofers? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2015 12:14 pm by Pro_Mom

Top posters
sanman
why do you have to break in woofers? Vote_lcapwhy do you have to break in woofers? Voting_barwhy do you have to break in woofers? Vote_rcap 
The_Rowlands
why do you have to break in woofers? Vote_lcapwhy do you have to break in woofers? Voting_barwhy do you have to break in woofers? Vote_rcap 
chrisfish
Stingraysevenout
scionsoloxb
TECH114
Alan
supadave
Moparbass28
Navi
Statistics
We have 1855 registered users
The newest registered user is Farenheit

Our users have posted a total of 222582 messages in 12665 subjects
Keywords
state 2010 stereo broken songs finals crank 80inches records louisiana kyle crzyblondgrl build world pics disc Audiopipe drive silence contest globe Johncarr quad record chef dollar
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of United States Autosound Competition International on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of Mobile Audio Competitors Organization on your social bookmarking website

why do you have to break in woofers?

Go down 
+6
DMAN
chrisfish
george szawan
AudioAnonymous
johnperdeye
dbdaddy
10 posters
AuthorMessage
dbdaddy
Above Average Contributor
dbdaddy

Number of posts : 821
Registration date : 2009-01-03

why do you have to break in woofers? Empty
PostSubject: why do you have to break in woofers?   why do you have to break in woofers? Icon_minitimeSat Oct 30, 2010 7:12 pm

And what happens if you dont and just bang on them full tilt?
Back to top Go down
johnperdeye
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor

Number of posts : 1406
Registration date : 2007-06-25

PostSubject: Re: why do you have to break in woofers?   why do you have to break in woofers? Icon_minitimeSat Oct 30, 2010 7:50 pm

They have a break in ??????
Back to top Go down
AudioAnonymous
AudioAnonymous

Number of posts : 736
Registration date : 2007-06-22

PostSubject: Re: why do you have to break in woofers?   why do you have to break in woofers? Icon_minitimeSat Oct 30, 2010 8:20 pm

I never broke in any woofers I've owned and never had problems that would cause them to break because of it.
Back to top Go down
george szawan
george szawan

Number of posts : 942
Registration date : 2007-10-17

PostSubject: Re: why do you have to break in woofers?   why do you have to break in woofers? Icon_minitimeSat Oct 30, 2010 8:21 pm

never really saw a diff. i usually just drop in and bang had to at finals and nothing happened
Back to top Go down
chrisfish
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
chrisfish

Number of posts : 6521
Registration date : 2009-05-16

PostSubject: Re: why do you have to break in woofers?   why do you have to break in woofers? Icon_minitimeSat Oct 30, 2010 9:26 pm

I hit it full tilt as well fresh out of the box!
Back to top Go down
DMAN
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
DMAN

Number of posts : 2007
Registration date : 2007-06-23

PostSubject: Re: why do you have to break in woofers?   why do you have to break in woofers? Icon_minitimeSat Oct 30, 2010 10:33 pm

Ditto
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/darrenlaffan
supadave
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!
supadave

Number of posts : 3745
Registration date : 2008-02-28

PostSubject: Re: why do you have to break in woofers?   why do you have to break in woofers? Icon_minitimeSat Oct 30, 2010 10:42 pm

what s a break in period?
i didn't think ppl still beleived in that .
Back to top Go down
jmanjr82

Number of posts : 900
Registration date : 2007-06-24

PostSubject: Re: why do you have to break in woofers?   why do you have to break in woofers? Icon_minitimeSat Oct 30, 2010 10:58 pm

Not many people do, but companies do for some reason. I also have never had a problem just dropping them in, plus its part of testing Smile fresh woofers vs broken in woofers
Back to top Go down
Stingraysevenout
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
Stingraysevenout

Number of posts : 6002

PostSubject: Re: why do you have to break in woofers?   why do you have to break in woofers? Icon_minitimeSat Oct 30, 2010 11:20 pm

LOL ...

Ask a old timer there is a wonderful reason to break them in .... But nowadays woofers are wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy stiffer than they used to be and really break in period comes in handy for the smaller classes you will have better results. But in unlimmited who gives a fornicate slam em slit them glue them and bang em again ....

Now back to break in period it is very successful to still do this in SQ as your entire ambiance depends on it in a way... And as well as tuning it will throw the vehicle to one side or the other and so fourth.. So to answer your MITH reason nope its not a mith and its not something the manufacturer only says... Its true and does come into play in certain cases in spl moreso then whatcha think swear.. But really on matters in SQ
Back to top Go down
dbdaddy
dbdaddy

PostSubject: Re: why do you have to break in woofers?   why do you have to break in woofers? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 31, 2010 9:35 am

here's my thoughts......if the woofer is super stiff, maybe it isnt swinging far enough to cool itself at high power.
Back to top Go down
Stingraysevenout
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
Stingraysevenout

PostSubject: Re: why do you have to break in woofers?   why do you have to break in woofers? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 31, 2010 12:32 pm

Probly not thing is at high power you want them bitches stiff

example
rd hw on my okurs burp about 8 times and certain soft parts breakdown. And number stays consistant.

wdx's on my okurs burp once number, burp again a tenth or two less on score , burp again another tenth or two.. burp again so on so forth. Now they hold up the entire time no worries just score slowly goes.... Now on the rd i have 3 and 4 spiders real stiff. on the wdx's i have single or double spiders and not as stiff at the begining... so saying on that example that stiffer seems to liket the mo power and the looser woofer likes less power...

Break in periods at very high power in other words unlimitted classes., break in periods in these cases should probly be avioded especially if you loose a little as it loosins up!!!!!! Again just an opinion ... But i did put an example with it unlike some ppl that just say

NOPE.....LOLOLOL
Back to top Go down
dbdaddy
dbdaddy

PostSubject: Re: why do you have to break in woofers?   why do you have to break in woofers? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 31, 2010 12:40 pm

thanks jimbo
Back to top Go down
Stingraysevenout
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
Stingraysevenout

PostSubject: Re: why do you have to break in woofers?   why do you have to break in woofers? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 31, 2010 1:15 pm

basically your Dung Pile at high power slam them customers Dung Pile break it in ......LOL
Back to top Go down
magiccaraudio
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
magiccaraudio

Number of posts : 173
Registration date : 2007-06-22

PostSubject: Re: why do you have to break in woofers?   why do you have to break in woofers? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 31, 2010 3:59 pm

with some manufactures break-in is needed if they have multiple layers on the spider ie: DD"s, AQ and many more. the purpose of break-in is to loosen the spiders. if you don't they can separate from the former and make noise and or knock the tensil leads of the fornmer do to excursion, from my experience.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: why do you have to break in woofers?   why do you have to break in woofers? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

why do you have to break in woofers?
Page 1 of 1