Mobile Audio Competitors Organization
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE LOUDEST SPORT ON EARTH!

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Joint Finals a success. USACI numbers down due to very remote (from USACI) location but better than expected. Results posted on web site.
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» STETSOM 7KD
new box design help??? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2020 7:37 pm by big bass joel

» any blown stetsom 7kd or 2k6d amps for sale
new box design help??? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2020 7:32 pm by big bass joel

» We need the forums back
new box design help??? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2019 2:41 pm by svillarrial

» THIS OLD FORUM IS ALIVE!!!! 6/14/17
new box design help??? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 22, 2017 11:11 pm by 80INCHES

» It's back up !
new box design help??? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2016 7:03 pm by chrisfish

» 2 Atomic apocalypse 12s D4
new box design help??? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2016 12:53 am by supersquirt

» well hello
new box design help??? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2015 5:46 am by TAMU

» WELLLWELLL
new box design help??? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 4:24 pm by Nice

» SLAMBOREE AUG 1 & 2
new box design help??? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2015 12:14 pm by Pro_Mom

Top posters
sanman
new box design help??? Vote_lcapnew box design help??? Voting_barnew box design help??? Vote_rcap 
The_Rowlands
new box design help??? Vote_lcapnew box design help??? Voting_barnew box design help??? Vote_rcap 
chrisfish
Stingraysevenout
scionsoloxb
TECH114
Alan
supadave
Moparbass28
Navi
Statistics
We have 1855 registered users
The newest registered user is Farenheit

Our users have posted a total of 222582 messages in 12665 subjects
Keywords
drive pics record dollar records 2010 Audiopipe world crzyblondgrl globe contest kyle chef louisiana songs quad build crank 80inches Johncarr broken stereo disc silence finals state
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of United States Autosound Competition International on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of Mobile Audio Competitors Organization on your social bookmarking website

new box design help???

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
poundstone
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
poundstone

Number of posts : 1900
Registration date : 2010-06-05

new box design help??? Empty
PostSubject: new box design help???   new box design help??? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 21, 2010 7:57 pm

im gonna build a new box strictly for spl and was wanting some input! its for the same 4 re sx 10's in the 2006 jeep grand cherokee off a cactus pf600.1 at .25 before rise. i have as many as 6 4" aeros that i can use for this was thinking roughly 4 cu. ft. total after displacement. the main question is subs up and port back or to the passenger side? as long as the box is no more 30" on one side i should be able to just rotate it to test between back and side firing but any input would be helpful. thanks!
Back to top Go down
poundstone
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
poundstone

PostSubject: Re: new box design help???   new box design help??? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 21, 2010 8:01 pm

also box will be tuned to 54 hz my thought is 4 cu. with 5 4" aeros tuned to 54 hz idk what the dimensions will be since cant decide between side or rear firing. thanks
Back to top Go down
chrisbaldelli
Above Average Contributor
chrisbaldelli

Number of posts : 559
Registration date : 2008-11-30

PostSubject: Re: new box design help???   new box design help??? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 21, 2010 9:30 pm

My latest design is 24x14x15 (~1.9 after displacement) with 3-4" external aeros. 2 mid-grade 10's and 2kW from the trunk... so you'll probably be similar (only doubled)

If it were me, I'd build a bass cube. Make a 24x24x18 box. That's ~4 after bracing and woofer/port displacement. Cut a crap ton of 4" PVC to tune 48, 50, 52, and 54 Then, spin the enclosure to let the port face back/left/right/front. Find the maximum SPL. Just so you know, I've been reading that port to the driver's side is usually louder from the trunk of SUV's.
Back to top Go down
poundstone
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
poundstone

PostSubject: Re: new box design help???   new box design help??? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 21, 2010 9:51 pm

yeah i was thinking something like that but it has to be under 15" tall because that is my window line. i was thinking something like 26x26x15 with double baffle subs up with 4-5 4" aeros my calculator keeps sayin i only need 4 4" aeros dont know if that extra 1 is gonna help or hurt!!
Back to top Go down
chrisbaldelli
chrisbaldelli

Number of posts : 559
Registration date : 2008-11-30

PostSubject: Re: new box design help???   new box design help??? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 21, 2010 10:01 pm

yeah, from the word on the street, aeros require 8 sq in/cf of box.

That's 32 sq in of port, or 2.5-4" aeros. So strictly speaking, you'll need 3, but since you're doing small box, lots of power, 4 is probably a better bet.

For a 15" window line, your 26x26x15 sounds perfect. Be sure to take pics of the build/testing.
Back to top Go down
poundstone
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
poundstone

PostSubject: Re: new box design help???   new box design help??? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 21, 2010 10:05 pm

thanks i will!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: new box design help???   new box design help??? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

new box design help???
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Mobile Audio Competitors Organization :: GENERAL DISCUSSION :: HOW TO GET LOUD! :: HOW TO GET LOUD!-
Jump to: