Mobile Audio Competitors Organization
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE LOUDEST SPORT ON EARTH!

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Joint Finals a success. USACI numbers down due to very remote (from USACI) location but better than expected. Results posted on web site.
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» STETSOM 7KD
My Door panels to be verified before finals Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2020 7:37 pm by big bass joel

» any blown stetsom 7kd or 2k6d amps for sale
My Door panels to be verified before finals Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2020 7:32 pm by big bass joel

» We need the forums back
My Door panels to be verified before finals Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2019 2:41 pm by svillarrial

» THIS OLD FORUM IS ALIVE!!!! 6/14/17
My Door panels to be verified before finals Icon_minitimeFri Sep 22, 2017 11:11 pm by 80INCHES

» It's back up !
My Door panels to be verified before finals Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2016 7:03 pm by chrisfish

» 2 Atomic apocalypse 12s D4
My Door panels to be verified before finals Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2016 12:53 am by supersquirt

» well hello
My Door panels to be verified before finals Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2015 5:46 am by TAMU

» WELLLWELLL
My Door panels to be verified before finals Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 4:24 pm by Nice

» SLAMBOREE AUG 1 & 2
My Door panels to be verified before finals Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2015 12:14 pm by Pro_Mom

Top posters
sanman
My Door panels to be verified before finals Vote_lcapMy Door panels to be verified before finals Voting_barMy Door panels to be verified before finals Vote_rcap 
The_Rowlands
My Door panels to be verified before finals Vote_lcapMy Door panels to be verified before finals Voting_barMy Door panels to be verified before finals Vote_rcap 
chrisfish
Stingraysevenout
scionsoloxb
TECH114
Alan
supadave
Moparbass28
Navi
Statistics
We have 1855 registered users
The newest registered user is Farenheit

Our users have posted a total of 222582 messages in 12665 subjects
Keywords
louisiana record state contest crzyblondgrl Johncarr crank build records world dollar pics kyle Audiopipe finals disc chef silence songs quad broken 2010 globe stereo drive 80inches
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of United States Autosound Competition International on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of Mobile Audio Competitors Organization on your social bookmarking website

My Door panels to be verified before finals

Go down 
+14
Stingraysevenout
The_Rowlands
Navi
Corey J
AudioAnonymous
Alan
mfivespeed
SpeakerBox
sanman
Nice
Upzaw2000
scionsoloxb
george szawan
coming~4~U~2010
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
coming~4~U~2010
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
coming~4~U~2010

Number of posts : 210
Registration date : 2009-10-27

My Door panels to be verified before finals Empty
PostSubject: My Door panels to be verified before finals   My Door panels to be verified before finals Icon_minitimeSat Sep 04, 2010 7:58 pm

ok here is some pics of my door panels and headliner. i had a judge at some shows talk to ralph about it but i would like don to take a look at it before i drive 24hrs to finals and have any problems.
'
The door panel is 3/8 mdf that has been glued to the oem door panels and recived paint to match the box.
The headliner is the oem headliner that has recived a skim coat of resin so it can also be painted to match the van. both the door and headliner remain flexable to a point
[img]My Door panels to be verified before finals Img00511[/img]
[img]My Door panels to be verified before finals Img00510[/img][img]My Door panels to be verified before finals Img00512[/img]
Back to top Go down
george szawan
Above Average Contributor
george szawan

Number of posts : 942
Registration date : 2007-10-17

PostSubject: Re: My Door panels to be verified before finals   My Door panels to be verified before finals Icon_minitimeSat Sep 04, 2010 8:17 pm

nice looks legal to me
Back to top Go down
scionsoloxb
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!
scionsoloxb

Number of posts : 4832
Registration date : 2007-06-22

PostSubject: Re: My Door panels to be verified before finals   My Door panels to be verified before finals Icon_minitimeSat Sep 04, 2010 8:34 pm

IM NOT FOR SURE IF YOU HAVE READ THE MOD RULES. BUT THE FIRST PARAGRAPH SAYS NO MODS.
Back to top Go down
Upzaw2000
Upzaw2000

Number of posts : 909
Registration date : 2008-11-03

PostSubject: Re: My Door panels to be verified before finals   My Door panels to be verified before finals Icon_minitimeSat Sep 04, 2010 8:45 pm

Sketchy
Back to top Go down
Nice
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
Nice

Number of posts : 2042
Registration date : 2007-07-13

PostSubject: Re: My Door panels to be verified before finals   My Door panels to be verified before finals Icon_minitimeSat Sep 04, 2010 9:28 pm

Great idea Gary. I hope the rules committee will give you a response preferable in writing. Maybe there is a formal way to request their assistance.
Back to top Go down
sanman
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
sanman

Number of posts : 12087
Registration date : 2007-06-23

PostSubject: Re: My Door panels to be verified before finals   My Door panels to be verified before finals Icon_minitimeSat Sep 04, 2010 9:42 pm

if those doors had speakers in them from the factory then you need to ensure they have speakers in them now man thats OEM equivelant
Back to top Go down
SpeakerBox
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor

Number of posts : 180
Registration date : 2009-12-24

PostSubject: Re: My Door panels to be verified before finals   My Door panels to be verified before finals Icon_minitimeSat Sep 04, 2010 9:50 pm

Isn't taping closed the vents also not allowed?
Back to top Go down
sanman
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
sanman

PostSubject: Re: My Door panels to be verified before finals   My Door panels to be verified before finals Icon_minitimeSat Sep 04, 2010 9:55 pm

nope forward the b-piller is a od no matter what it is
Back to top Go down
sanman
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
sanman

PostSubject: Re: My Door panels to be verified before finals   My Door panels to be verified before finals Icon_minitimeSat Sep 04, 2010 9:56 pm

this van also does drag so tis legal there im thinking
Back to top Go down
coming~4~U~2010
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
coming~4~U~2010

PostSubject: Re: My Door panels to be verified before finals   My Door panels to be verified before finals Icon_minitimeSat Sep 04, 2010 9:58 pm

thetape if from a db drag show i did
Back to top Go down
sanman
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
sanman

PostSubject: Re: My Door panels to be verified before finals   My Door panels to be verified before finals Icon_minitimeSat Sep 04, 2010 9:59 pm

yup i thought so
Back to top Go down
SpeakerBox
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor

Number of posts : 180
Registration date : 2009-12-24

PostSubject: Re: My Door panels to be verified before finals   My Door panels to be verified before finals Icon_minitimeSat Sep 04, 2010 10:01 pm

Oh ok, i was just making sure! Lol
Back to top Go down
mfivespeed
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
mfivespeed

Number of posts : 430
Registration date : 2009-03-08

PostSubject: Re: My Door panels to be verified before finals   My Door panels to be verified before finals Icon_minitimeSat Sep 04, 2010 10:02 pm

id say not legal doesnt look OEM equivelant to me, and i believe the duct tape is only legal in bass race
Back to top Go down
coming~4~U~2010
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
coming~4~U~2010

PostSubject: Re: My Door panels to be verified before finals   My Door panels to be verified before finals Icon_minitimeSat Sep 04, 2010 10:19 pm

i said the tape is for when i do db drag. also it dosent matter to me about the door panels it r dont help me.i still rip the doors open every 8-10 burps just makes it look awsome and match the paint scheme.. so i seen vans at finals last yr like this so im just going with the flow but if there going to enforce it. they should for everyone. either way she's gunna be loud this yr
Back to top Go down
sanman
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
sanman

PostSubject: Re: My Door panels to be verified before finals   My Door panels to be verified before finals Icon_minitimeSat Sep 04, 2010 10:55 pm

its legit doesnt matter what people think at all man cut speaker holes and your goodoem equivalent means looks oem
Back to top Go down
Alan
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Alan

Number of posts : 3897
Registration date : 2008-02-05

PostSubject: Re: My Door panels to be verified before finals   My Door panels to be verified before finals Icon_minitimeSun Sep 05, 2010 12:09 am

i would only think the resin and painted headliner would be in question over the doors?
Back to top Go down
AudioAnonymous
AudioAnonymous

Number of posts : 736

PostSubject: Re: My Door panels to be verified before finals   My Door panels to be verified before finals Icon_minitimeSun Sep 05, 2010 12:33 am

You should put your heater box back in. That isn't legal the way it sits imo. \
Also your headliner isn't legal and those doors are questionable since there's no speakers in there to even justify reinforcing them that way.
Oh yea, you can't tape your visors up like that either it says right in db drag rule books that you can only tape vents and windows.

Also is your doghouse resin and painted? If it is.......... No

Last edited by CactusSounds-Geoff on Sun Sep 05, 2010 12:39 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Alan
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Alan

PostSubject: Re: My Door panels to be verified before finals   My Door panels to be verified before finals Icon_minitimeSun Sep 05, 2010 12:39 am

yeah they said it dont have to have the heater core etc. but it cant create a pocket to fit the mic. and also the carpet ripped off the dog house it no different then ripping the carpet off teh floor and running bare metel..
Back to top Go down
AudioAnonymous
AudioAnonymous

PostSubject: Re: My Door panels to be verified before finals   My Door panels to be verified before finals Icon_minitimeSun Sep 05, 2010 12:42 am

Alan wrote:
yeah they said it dont have to have the heater core etc. but it cant create a pocket to fit the mic. and also the carpet ripped off the dog house it no different then ripping the carpet off teh floor and running bare metel..

In db drag, which is what the pics were taken of, the heater box has to be in. Glad I'm not a judge. Maybe I should be just for astros. Laughing
Back to top Go down
coming~4~U~2010
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
coming~4~U~2010

PostSubject: Re: My Door panels to be verified before finals   My Door panels to be verified before finals Icon_minitimeSun Sep 05, 2010 6:09 am

Geoff, i cant find in db where it says in the rules the heater core has to be in, my van has been judge many times at 3x events. is there a section that i missed that states thats . also my dash and doghouse are just painted over no resin.
Back to top Go down
Alan
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Alan

PostSubject: Re: My Door panels to be verified before finals   My Door panels to be verified before finals Icon_minitimeSun Sep 05, 2010 8:34 am

the dog house should have carpet on it from the factory like the floor. you wouldnt be allowed to pull the factory carpet and run bare floor. in usaci, with the heater box out it opens up the pocket for the mic to fit it.
this biggest problem for all this , which is something i hate.. is that its all up to who ever checks it at finals. one show and one judge might be ok.. the next show and judge might say no go. ive mentioned my idea of how the our cars SHOULD be. but who knows...
Back to top Go down
george szawan
george szawan

PostSubject: Re: My Door panels to be verified before finals   My Door panels to be verified before finals Icon_minitimeSun Sep 05, 2010 10:00 am

how come no rules have not been made on the heater core or fan motor when they have been in the gray part of the rules for so long. as far as i go if it is not black and white and other people are doing it but happen not to mention it to then to me it is legal. there have been other straight out things done to bypass the rules and not to much has been done to stop those people. to me it`s all far till they say it`s against the rules
Back to top Go down
AudioAnonymous
AudioAnonymous

PostSubject: Re: My Door panels to be verified before finals   My Door panels to be verified before finals Icon_minitimeSun Sep 05, 2010 10:18 am

coming~4~U~2010 wrote:
Geoff, i cant find in db where it says in the rules the heater core has to be in, my van has been judge many times at 3x events. is there a section that i missed that states thats . also my dash and doghouse are just painted over no resin.
You are taking two HUGE chunks of plastic out from under the dash. A heater core is a small type radiator that takes up hardly any space under the dash. But you took out the ductwork for it all which increases SPL by a good margain for db drag and USACi. The dash has to stay OEM and you are taking out these two really large pieces of plastic that make it nowhere near OEM looking. If I pulled those out of my van I'd be up near 168's on the dash with minimal testing. On top of that you have duct tape in places which are not legal for db drag. I know I could do all that as well since our judge doesn't stare into cars he just wants people to have fun and it is up to the competitor to keep it legit especially if they are World Finals bound (and he tells the loud people this and they know it), but I know that isn't anywhere near OEM.

No disrespect to Robert Kollar but when I went to 2006 USACi World Finals for the db drag event to set a World Record I was in the USACi lanes looking at Astros and I saw his heater box was out as well. All I could think was, "Wtf!?!?!?!" That's one of the main reasons I stopped going to USACi finals because rules change so much from the rulebook to in the lanes. Stuff isn't legal and it passes because of people arguing. So they say you can mod the kick panel of an astro so much that it increases SPL by a large margain but yet you have to have your lights working or your windshield wipers on a show only SPL vehicle.

So to answer you question in short the heater core isnt all the material to took out of your dash.
Back to top Go down
george szawan
george szawan

PostSubject: Re: My Door panels to be verified before finals   My Door panels to be verified before finals Icon_minitimeSun Sep 05, 2010 10:31 am

basically now we just need the rules to reflect what is happening in the lanes yes or no if it is going to be legal or not. and this rule if it were to change should now be enforced for the new season and not partially but tell all judges to look for this and move these cars in to the right class. if this is going to be in all fairness
Back to top Go down
Alan
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Alan

PostSubject: Re: My Door panels to be verified before finals   My Door panels to be verified before finals Icon_minitimeSun Sep 05, 2010 1:08 pm

really it is in the rule book. its a mod in from of the b pillar that does not resemble OEM. pretty much exactly how geoff said it is how it was mentioned in the verification judge post. heater core is not a issue. gutting the dash and big ass plastic box to make room for the globe IS..
Back to top Go down
Corey J
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
Corey J

Number of posts : 208
Registration date : 2007-06-24

PostSubject: Re: My Door panels to be verified before finals   My Door panels to be verified before finals Icon_minitimeMon Sep 06, 2010 12:29 am

explains 2 amp scores ....................I know murillo makes descent amps but...................
Back to top Go down
coming~4~U~2010
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
coming~4~U~2010

PostSubject: Re: My Door panels to be verified before finals   My Door panels to be verified before finals Icon_minitimeMon Sep 06, 2010 7:56 am

wow geoff thats almost 2 1/2 db gain for you. thats alot !. it MAY be only a few tenths for me. im working on gettin one to put in because i am ready to post some good numbers and dont want any issues why anyone, just here to have fun. and corey they are really strong amps. you can see 20k+ out of one of them! also corey i am doing nothing diffrent but sub change and posted the same numbers on 2 amps as i did with 4 basicly.. its all in the box and how well you have it built and strong it is.
Back to top Go down
Navi
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Navi

Number of posts : 3105
Registration date : 2007-06-25

PostSubject: Re: My Door panels to be verified before finals   My Door panels to be verified before finals Icon_minitimeMon Sep 06, 2010 9:11 am

The whole heater core thing has been an issue in drag all the way back to 04, some vans have been allowed to go thru without, some have been required to put it back in, but id say the vast majority have been allowed without. But if you plan on bringing a decent score to finals, bet your ass someone will whine til you have yours put back in.
Back to top Go down
Alan
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Alan

PostSubject: Re: My Door panels to be verified before finals   My Door panels to be verified before finals Icon_minitimeMon Sep 06, 2010 9:13 am

i think its more the housing and all the duct work ,blower etc , rather than just the heater core. and still not sure resin on the headliner is ok?
Back to top Go down
AudioAnonymous
AudioAnonymous

PostSubject: Re: My Door panels to be verified before finals   My Door panels to be verified before finals Icon_minitimeMon Sep 06, 2010 9:16 am

That's not a 2.5 db gain for me, lol. I haven't even played my van at full potential yet.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My Door panels to be verified before finals   My Door panels to be verified before finals Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My Door panels to be verified before finals
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next