Mobile Audio Competitors Organization
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE LOUDEST SPORT ON EARTH!

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Joint Finals a success. USACI numbers down due to very remote (from USACI) location but better than expected. Results posted on web site.
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» STETSOM 7KD
Battery Question Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2020 7:37 pm by big bass joel

» any blown stetsom 7kd or 2k6d amps for sale
Battery Question Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2020 7:32 pm by big bass joel

» We need the forums back
Battery Question Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2019 2:41 pm by svillarrial

» THIS OLD FORUM IS ALIVE!!!! 6/14/17
Battery Question Icon_minitimeFri Sep 22, 2017 11:11 pm by 80INCHES

» It's back up !
Battery Question Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2016 7:03 pm by chrisfish

» 2 Atomic apocalypse 12s D4
Battery Question Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2016 12:53 am by supersquirt

» well hello
Battery Question Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2015 5:46 am by TAMU

» WELLLWELLL
Battery Question Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 4:24 pm by Nice

» SLAMBOREE AUG 1 & 2
Battery Question Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2015 12:14 pm by Pro_Mom

Top posters
sanman
Battery Question Vote_lcapBattery Question Voting_barBattery Question Vote_rcap 
The_Rowlands
chrisfish
Stingraysevenout
scionsoloxb
TECH114
Alan
supadave
Moparbass28
Navi
Statistics
We have 1855 registered users
The newest registered user is Farenheit

Our users have posted a total of 222582 messages in 12665 subjects
Keywords
world kyle songs disc contest globe chef Johncarr Audiopipe drive 80inches dollar crzyblondgrl quad broken state record silence pics finals build stereo records louisiana 2010 crank
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of United States Autosound Competition International on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of Mobile Audio Competitors Organization on your social bookmarking website

Battery Question

Go down 
+4
Alan
AudioAnonymous
SMOKER
Stingraysevenout
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Stingraysevenout
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
Stingraysevenout

Number of posts : 6002
Registration date : 2007-06-23

Battery Question Empty
PostSubject: Battery Question   Battery Question Icon_minitimeWed Aug 25, 2010 2:21 am

Okay so ive always ran kinetiks banks and 16v now i have 21 kinetiks at the moment and have 7 of the powermaster 16volt my question is this, Is it possible to hook these up with them? Ive heard they will swell and or absolutly not they dont work with kinetiks. The other thing i always hear also is and if you use a kinetik charger they will swell ...

Now i dont have a kinetik charger i have a quick charge Turbo Start and my kinetiks charge to 19.1 and i CAN adjust it down if needbe i just need to know if any of you run both or if i can get some insight on if ppl are just high that are telling me the bad stuff...LOL any help or input would be appreciated..
Back to top Go down
SMOKER
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
SMOKER

Number of posts : 191
Registration date : 2008-07-28

Battery Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Battery Question   Battery Question Icon_minitimeWed Aug 25, 2010 2:42 am

Idk about powermaster but I used severl different kinds of batteries to boost up my resting voltage. I didnt have any issues at all. If you need more info let me know. I have some that will make wonderes happen shoot me a pm and il give u more info if u want .
Back to top Go down
AudioAnonymous
Above Average Contributor
AudioAnonymous

Number of posts : 736
Registration date : 2007-06-22

Battery Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Battery Question   Battery Question Icon_minitimeWed Aug 25, 2010 8:32 am

I personally don't see why it would be a problem and if I had that type of battery bank I wouldn't hesitate to throw them in the mix.
Back to top Go down
Alan
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Alan

Number of posts : 3897
Registration date : 2008-02-05

Battery Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Battery Question   Battery Question Icon_minitimeWed Aug 25, 2010 8:40 am

jimbo i think its more about the charger rather than the battery brand . i think the power master like the nicer chargers. i would think if you got the power master charger for the power master batteries, the kenetik probly wont mind.
Back to top Go down
XFL-Leader
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
XFL-Leader

Number of posts : 320
Registration date : 2007-06-30

Battery Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Battery Question   Battery Question Icon_minitimeWed Aug 25, 2010 10:07 am

The only difference should be the resting voltage. If the Kinetik rest at 17.1 and the XS Power rest at 17.2. The combined total will rest at 17.1. The higher voltage will try to charge the lower voltage. The (ESR) internal resistance will let the batteries charge at a different rate. The lower ESR will charge faster. The only reason a battery should swell is from being over charged. Voltage that is way to high, Like 20+ volts. Or being overheated by charging way to long, 19.5 volts for 24 hours.

I don't see a real world problem with mixing similar batteries.
Back to top Go down
aho77
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
aho77

Number of posts : 326
Registration date : 2009-08-15

Battery Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Battery Question   Battery Question Icon_minitimeWed Aug 25, 2010 11:55 am

i have had my kenetic batt at 18v thats a 12v batt and never had any trouble out of it but i didnt get it that high and leave it there it was just for testing only and never had any trouble out of it
Back to top Go down
http://www.ahoaudio.com
daddy_j

Number of posts : 797
Registration date : 2008-04-30

Battery Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Battery Question   Battery Question Icon_minitimeWed Aug 25, 2010 1:42 pm

I don't get high very often, but when I do I prefer...... Na just kidding. But mine swelled and they are now oval and not round. I have a turbo start charger and always have. It stops charging when the batts are fully charged. I never ran a high output alt on them just the charger. I say do it and keep an eye on them. It won't happen over night, and who knows, it might never happen. Just check them at least once a week. It took mine like 6 months of running them together. Then power master said the reason they ballooned up was because of the kenitkis. Or you can donate them to me Laughing

Oh and by the way, my kenitiks are getting their life back. I got them up to 8volts. In one week of trickle charging.
Back to top Go down
sanman
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
sanman

Number of posts : 12087

Battery Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Battery Question   Battery Question Icon_minitimeWed Aug 25, 2010 2:52 pm

ok here is the deal wich XFL is spot on

I ran 4 kenetik 3 posts with 16 powermaster batts for 2 years in my s10 with no issues at all. now with that being said the kenetiks like to be charged at a higher voltage than the powermaster, and this is an issue. The power masters dont wanna see more than 18.3 at most while charging if you dont use the powermaster charger, and charge them higher then you will swell them and cause them to gas robbing them of total amount of power available from them.

power master batts/charger are the way to go for real
Back to top Go down
daddy_j

Battery Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Battery Question   Battery Question Icon_minitimeWed Aug 25, 2010 4:32 pm

so sanman, you think my batts ballooned because the kinetiks were still charging when the powermasters were done? That caused the powermasters to overcharge? My charger will charge the kinetiks up to ~19.3 volts. Of coarse they drop down to 18.8 and trickle down to 17.5 when I either disconnect the charger, or when it stops charging. Whats your thoughts? Only a powermaster charger can fully charge a powermaster battery properly. Any other charger with other batteries could cause the powermasters to overcharge and swell. I believe you can charge a kinetik any way you want they are just built better. (not perform better)

I just didn't want Jimbo to put them together and mess up his new powermasters, without him having all the right info. If I am wrong, I'm sorry for scaring you Jimbo. But I was just looking out for you, bro.
Back to top Go down
Stingraysevenout
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
Stingraysevenout

Number of posts : 6002

Battery Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Battery Question   Battery Question Icon_minitimeWed Aug 25, 2010 4:42 pm

NO bro you were not the only one to tell me that bro.... So thats why i posted this...
Back to top Go down
daddy_j

Battery Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Battery Question   Battery Question Icon_minitimeWed Aug 25, 2010 5:00 pm

well, I still havent gotten the official no about the donation. Fingers crossed. Just kidding. I'll keep an eye out for a powermaster charger. If I can find one cheap, I'll let you know.

Oh sanman, now that my batts are balloons, you think they are working less than when they weren't balloons? They still sit ~17volts. But no telling when you put a load on them. I have 4 and when I burp my 2 cactus 5ks, they drop down to 11 volts. I also have an adjustable 250 amp alternator, that I put right at 17.9volts. Thanks for the info sanman.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Battery Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Battery Question   Battery Question Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Battery Question
Page 1 of 1