Mobile Audio Competitors Organization
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE LOUDEST SPORT ON EARTH!

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Joint Finals a success. USACI numbers down due to very remote (from USACI) location but better than expected. Results posted on web site.
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» STETSOM 7KD
WOW, who calls tech support for THIS?! Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2020 7:37 pm by big bass joel

» any blown stetsom 7kd or 2k6d amps for sale
WOW, who calls tech support for THIS?! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2020 7:32 pm by big bass joel

» We need the forums back
WOW, who calls tech support for THIS?! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2019 2:41 pm by svillarrial

» THIS OLD FORUM IS ALIVE!!!! 6/14/17
WOW, who calls tech support for THIS?! Icon_minitimeFri Sep 22, 2017 11:11 pm by 80INCHES

» It's back up !
WOW, who calls tech support for THIS?! Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2016 7:03 pm by chrisfish

» 2 Atomic apocalypse 12s D4
WOW, who calls tech support for THIS?! Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2016 12:53 am by supersquirt

» well hello
WOW, who calls tech support for THIS?! Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2015 5:46 am by TAMU

» WELLLWELLL
WOW, who calls tech support for THIS?! Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 4:24 pm by Nice

» SLAMBOREE AUG 1 & 2
WOW, who calls tech support for THIS?! Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2015 12:14 pm by Pro_Mom

Top posters
sanman
WOW, who calls tech support for THIS?! Vote_lcapWOW, who calls tech support for THIS?! Voting_barWOW, who calls tech support for THIS?! Vote_rcap 
The_Rowlands
WOW, who calls tech support for THIS?! Vote_lcapWOW, who calls tech support for THIS?! Voting_barWOW, who calls tech support for THIS?! Vote_rcap 
chrisfish
Stingraysevenout
scionsoloxb
TECH114
Alan
supadave
Moparbass28
Navi
Statistics
We have 1855 registered users
The newest registered user is Farenheit

Our users have posted a total of 222582 messages in 12665 subjects
Keywords
contest broken world 80inches louisiana dollar chef Johncarr crank quad crzyblondgrl finals pics record 2010 songs disc records drive stereo state kyle build Audiopipe globe silence
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of United States Autosound Competition International on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of Mobile Audio Competitors Organization on your social bookmarking website

WOW, who calls tech support for THIS?!

Go down 
+3
The_Rowlands
chrisfish
idbl_fanatic
7 posters
AuthorMessage
idbl_fanatic
Above Average Contributor
idbl_fanatic

Number of posts : 629
Registration date : 2007-06-22

WOW, who calls tech support for THIS?! Empty
PostSubject: WOW, who calls tech support for THIS?!   WOW, who calls tech support for THIS?! Icon_minitimeWed Jul 28, 2010 5:20 pm

http://www.news10.net/news/story.aspx?storyid=88171&catid=2

SACRAMENTO, CA - A Sacramento woman's call to Dell technical support for help with a new computer set the stage for a humiliating sequence of events involving credit card fraud and the publication of some very personal photographs.

"I've been violated. My life's been violated," said Tara Fitzgerald. "I'm a woman, and no woman likes to be taken advantage of."

"Missing" nude photographs

Fitzgerald, 48, said she first called Dell's toll-free support hotline in late December 2008 after realizing she couldn't locate a number of erotic pictures of herself she thought she had saved on her desktop computer to send to her boyfriend.

The single mother of a 14-year-old daughter admittedly has very little working knowledge of computers and the internet and was genuinely worried about where the nude pictures might appear.

"I couldn't find them on my computer and that made me nervous. I didn't know where they went," she said.

Fitzgerald said she was connected to a technical support representative in Mumbai, India named Riyaz Shaikh. Fitzgerald explained the delicate nature of the task and authorized Shaikh to assume remote control of her computer.

"I trusted him. I trusted him because he was a Dell technician," she said.

Fitzgerald said she watched Shaikh browse the contents of her computer from Mumbai, then watched as Shaikh discovered her nude photographs attached to emails sent to her boyfriend.

"I watched him take the pictures out of my email. I watched him," she said emphatically.

Shaikh later identified himself as an employee of Sitel India, an outsource call center service which offers technical support under contract to Dell.

Photographs appear on vulgar website

Following her initial contact with Dell's contract support provider, Fitzgerald received an email from an unknown source notifying her that the racy photographs had shown up on a vulgar website established through a free hosting service.

The site, called "bitchtara," appears to have been created January 7, 2009 and featured 16 nude and semi-nude photographs of Fitzgerald along with graphic descriptions of sexual activity she supposedly enjoys.

The site was still active Wednesday. News10 contacted the hosting service to notify the company that the website violates its terms of service prohibiting adult content.

Fitzgerald said she asked Shaikh how her pictures could have been posted to the website and said Shaikh suggested her boyfriend provided them. She said Shaikh offered to help her get the website removed.

Fitzgerald was unaware of a comment attached to one of her 16 photographs by someone posting as "rayizshaikh," claiming ownership of the website.

"I never looked at the pictures. I was too embarrassed," Fitzgerald explained.

Tech support rep offers to "work from home"

Fitzgerald admitted that what she did next was remarkably naive.

She said Shaikh convinced her to buy him a new Dell laptop in Sacramento and ship it to his home in Mumbai so that he could work on her case from home. A parcel shipping order from UPS shows Fitzgerald spent $195 to ship the laptop by next-day air on Jan. 20, 2009.

"My conscience is talking to me, saying 'Tara, don't send this. Are you crazy?' I sent it anyway," she said.

Fitzgerald said she maintained contact with Shaikh, both through official Dell channels and through his personal email and cell phone. Message logs obtained by News10 show Shaikh switching seamlessly between his official Dell technical support account and a personal messaging account.

Romantic conversations

Following the initial technical call, conversations between Fitzgerald and Shaikh quickly turned personal. Fitzgerald admits being flattered by the attention from the Indian support tech, whose MySpace page identifies him as being 24 years old. "He's very charming and he knew exactly what to say. It warmed my heart," she said.

Fitzgerald shared a number of personal emails Shaikh sent her from his Hotmail account shortly after their first conversation, including the following message dated January 11, 2009:

"There are no words to express how I feel about you. I constantly search for the words, and they all seem less than I truly feel. You are my life, my heart, and my soul. You are my best friend. You are my one true love. I still remember the day we first met. I knew that you were the one I was meant to be with forever."

Stolen Dell credit card information

Two months after Fitzgerald's initial call to Dell technical support, the relationship with her Indian contact took a bizarre turn. On Valentine's Day 2009, Fitzgerald said Shaikh told her he had fallen in love with a 22-year-old woman in Tennessee who had also called Dell technical support.

Fitzgerald said Shaikh actually introduced the two online. "I couldn't believe it. It was so strange," she said.

Fitzgerald later discovered two mysterious purchases on February 17 totalling $802 charged to her Dell Preferred credit card. She called Dell and was told the charges were for a computer system and router shipped to a woman in Waynesboro, Tennessee.

A call to the woman in Tennessee by News10 was not returned.

Fitzgerald recalled Shaikh asked for her Dell Preferred credit card information during an earlier support call, ostensibly to buy software for her desktop computer. She said when confronted with the charges, Shaikh did not deny using the account to purchase the computer for the woman in Tennessee.

In a log of messages exchanged between Fitzgerald and Shaikh on March 18, 2009, Shaikh wrote:

(Riyaz...Dell Certified L2 (level 2) Technician) "ur my True friend Tara... I am sorry Accidently I charged ur Dell Account but I will pay. I don't want to loose my job. It was a mistake which happend with me and I am screwed."

Fitzgerald said she has continued a dialogue with Shaikh in an effort to get him to pay her for the fraudulent charges.

As recently as this week, Shaikh was still offering to pay for the computer and router charged to Fitzgerald's account.

A message log from Tuesday showed Shaikh contacting Fitzgerald from a personal account called "riyazrules:"

"We will pay u 1000. 500 and 500. remaining 500 u have to wait 2-4 mth."

Shaikh did not respond to an email from News10 requesting an explanation for his behavior.

Incidents reported to Dell

Fitzgerald said she reported the inappropriate contact, data theft and credit fraud to Dell on three separate occasions last year.

She said Dell's response was to send her an affidavit giving her the opportunity to disavow the fraudulent charges on her Dell Preferred credit card. Fitzgerald refused to sign it, she said, because she wanted Dell to acknowledge the charges had been made by one of its representatives.

Her last contact from Dell, she said, was a demand letter dated May 8, 2010 seeking a past due payment of $77 on her Dell Preferred credit card.

Fitzgerald believes Shaikh was still answering calls for Dell technical support.

"They haven't done anything. I'm upset about that," she said. Fitzgerald also filed a report with the Sacramento Police Department on July 22, 2009. There has been no movement on the report, she said.

Fitzgerald contacted News10 to publicize the ordeal despite the embarrassment it will cause her. She said she was preparing her daughter for the story to break. "I'd like everyone to know about it," she said.

Fitzgerald said stress had caused her to lose her job with a local catering company. She said she struggles with the shame of allowing herself to be so easily manipulated.

She said she was seeking an attorney to pursue a claim against Dell.

News10 provided Dell spokeswoman Elizabeth Shine with a copy of the message logs and other documents. Shine said Dell would offer a response by the end of business on Wednesday.
Back to top Go down
chrisfish
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
chrisfish

Number of posts : 6521
Registration date : 2009-05-16

PostSubject: Re: WOW, who calls tech support for THIS?!   WOW, who calls tech support for THIS?! Icon_minitimeWed Jul 28, 2010 10:07 pm

that is a lot of reading but that is some good customer service! lol
Back to top Go down
The_Rowlands
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
The_Rowlands

Number of posts : 7398
Registration date : 2007-08-08

PostSubject: Re: WOW, who calls tech support for THIS?!   WOW, who calls tech support for THIS?! Icon_minitimeThu Jul 29, 2010 8:36 am

was to long for me to read so no clue whats said...
Back to top Go down
mfivespeed
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
mfivespeed

Number of posts : 430
Registration date : 2009-03-08

PostSubject: Re: WOW, who calls tech support for THIS?!   WOW, who calls tech support for THIS?! Icon_minitimeThu Jul 29, 2010 9:57 pm

i just read all this and i want 5 min of my life back
Back to top Go down
Cablguy
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
Cablguy

Number of posts : 335
Registration date : 2009-07-28

PostSubject: Re: WOW, who calls tech support for THIS?!   WOW, who calls tech support for THIS?! Icon_minitimeThu Jul 29, 2010 10:33 pm

WOW ... thats crazy.
Back to top Go down
mfivespeed
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
mfivespeed

Number of posts : 430
Registration date : 2009-03-08

PostSubject: Re: WOW, who calls tech support for THIS?!   WOW, who calls tech support for THIS?! Icon_minitimeThu Jul 29, 2010 10:37 pm

a link to the pics are this is fake
Back to top Go down
Mike Jaffe
Mike Jaffe

Number of posts : 640
Registration date : 2007-06-22

PostSubject: Re: WOW, who calls tech support for THIS?!   WOW, who calls tech support for THIS?! Icon_minitimeFri Jul 30, 2010 1:50 pm

What a brilliant gal! I'm afraid she deserves everything that befalls her.
Back to top Go down
Alan
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Alan

Number of posts : 3897
Registration date : 2008-02-05

PostSubject: Re: WOW, who calls tech support for THIS?!   WOW, who calls tech support for THIS?! Icon_minitimeFri Jul 30, 2010 4:13 pm

yeah i got lost in reading. takes the funny out of it really.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WOW, who calls tech support for THIS?!   WOW, who calls tech support for THIS?! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

WOW, who calls tech support for THIS?!
Page 1 of 1