Mobile Audio Competitors Organization
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE LOUDEST SPORT ON EARTH!

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Joint Finals a success. USACI numbers down due to very remote (from USACI) location but better than expected. Results posted on web site.
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» STETSOM 7KD
Complete Conversion Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2020 7:37 pm by big bass joel

» any blown stetsom 7kd or 2k6d amps for sale
Complete Conversion Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2020 7:32 pm by big bass joel

» We need the forums back
Complete Conversion Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2019 2:41 pm by svillarrial

» THIS OLD FORUM IS ALIVE!!!! 6/14/17
Complete Conversion Icon_minitimeFri Sep 22, 2017 11:11 pm by 80INCHES

» It's back up !
Complete Conversion Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2016 7:03 pm by chrisfish

» 2 Atomic apocalypse 12s D4
Complete Conversion Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2016 12:53 am by supersquirt

» well hello
Complete Conversion Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2015 5:46 am by TAMU

» WELLLWELLL
Complete Conversion Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 4:24 pm by Nice

» SLAMBOREE AUG 1 & 2
Complete Conversion Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2015 12:14 pm by Pro_Mom

Top posters
sanman
Complete Conversion Vote_lcapComplete Conversion Voting_barComplete Conversion Vote_rcap 
The_Rowlands
Complete Conversion Vote_lcapComplete Conversion Voting_barComplete Conversion Vote_rcap 
chrisfish
Stingraysevenout
scionsoloxb
TECH114
Alan
supadave
Moparbass28
Navi
Statistics
We have 1855 registered users
The newest registered user is Farenheit

Our users have posted a total of 222582 messages in 12665 subjects
Keywords
80inches songs stereo globe drive louisiana finals build dollar crzyblondgrl chef state records record world kyle contest pics Audiopipe quad crank 2010 silence broken Johncarr disc
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of United States Autosound Competition International on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of Mobile Audio Competitors Organization on your social bookmarking website

Complete Conversion

Go down 
+3
george szawan
jkrob21
Boi1da
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Boi1da
Boi1da

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2010-07-14

Complete Conversion Empty
PostSubject: Complete Conversion   Complete Conversion Icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2010 3:38 pm

I have an 08 Pontiac G8. It came with a stock Blaupunkit headunit that cannot be replaced because the AC is also controled by the headunit. The car has two 1" dash mounted tweeters, a 3.5" center speaker , 6.5's in the front and rear doors and two 8" subs in the rear deck. All speakers are 2ohm. I want to replace all the speakers in the car and I want the best possible sound quality. Can anyone suggest the best products methods to accomplish this? Any help would be appreciated, thanks.
Back to top Go down
jkrob21
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
jkrob21

Number of posts : 1476
Registration date : 2007-06-25

PostSubject: Re: Complete Conversion   Complete Conversion Icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2010 7:56 pm

Boi1da wrote:
I have an 08 Pontiac G8. It came with a stock Blaupunkit headunit that cannot be replaced because the AC is also controled by the headunit. The car has two 1" dash mounted tweeters, a 3.5" center speaker , 6.5's in the front and rear doors and two 8" subs in the rear deck. All speakers are 2ohm. I want to replace all the speakers in the car and I want the best possible sound quality. Can anyone suggest the best products methods to accomplish this? Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Not many companies make 2 ohm drivers. Image Dynamics are the only ones I know of.
Back to top Go down
george szawan
Above Average Contributor
george szawan

Number of posts : 942
Registration date : 2007-10-17

PostSubject: Re: Complete Conversion   Complete Conversion Icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2010 8:31 pm

is that the same dash as a G6 b/c if it is they do sell a kit to replace it it costs over 100 bucks and u still control the ac and more options
Back to top Go down
cody08
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
cody08

Number of posts : 1674
Registration date : 2009-06-12

PostSubject: Re: Complete Conversion   Complete Conversion Icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2010 8:46 pm

Audison bit one it will solve all ur problems
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/performanceaudio118
mfivespeed
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
mfivespeed

Number of posts : 430
Registration date : 2009-03-08

PostSubject: Re: Complete Conversion   Complete Conversion Icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2010 9:00 pm

just ad jbl ms-8 and ull be good to go
Back to top Go down
Boi1da
Boi1da

PostSubject: Re: Complete Conversion   Complete Conversion Icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2010 11:52 pm

jkrob21- Could I change the ohm load by wiring the speakers differently?

george szawan- It isn't the same HU. I wish it were. Apparently that HU is much easier to swap out because the AC isn't as deeply integrated into the HU as mine is.

cody08- Excuse this next question, what is an Audison bit one?

mifivespeed- Will the JBL's replace all of my factory speakers?
Back to top Go down
Boi1da
Boi1da

PostSubject: Re: Complete Conversion   Complete Conversion Icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 12:46 am

mifivespeed- disregard that last question. I googled the ms-8. That looks impressive but I don't want that screen on my dash. I want to maintain the factory look. Does it have to be mounted in plain sight or could I hide it somewhere?
Back to top Go down
OnYrMrk
OnYrMrk

Number of posts : 893
Registration date : 2007-11-04

PostSubject: Re: Complete Conversion   Complete Conversion Icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 12:51 am

The screen can be hidden in the center console. You don't have to have it in plain sight
Back to top Go down
http://www.scentsy.com/wallis
Boi1da
Boi1da

PostSubject: Re: Complete Conversion   Complete Conversion Icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 12:55 am

Is the JBL a better option than the 3.sixty.2 or the Auidson? It looks more user friendly. Which option will give me he best sq? After all, that is what I'm looking for. Whether its from just adding a processor or upgrading my factory speakers.
Back to top Go down
grunge

Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2010-06-17

PostSubject: Re: Complete Conversion   Complete Conversion Icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 4:57 pm

The Audison will give you the best SQ, but comes with a hefty price tag. The 3sixty.2 is neat but doesn't offer anywhere near the flexibility the audison has. I have no experience with the JBL
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Complete Conversion   Complete Conversion Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Complete Conversion
Page 1 of 1