Mobile Audio Competitors Organization
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE LOUDEST SPORT ON EARTH!

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Joint Finals a success. USACI numbers down due to very remote (from USACI) location but better than expected. Results posted on web site.
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» STETSOM 7KD
street q scores Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2020 7:37 pm by big bass joel

» any blown stetsom 7kd or 2k6d amps for sale
street q scores Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2020 7:32 pm by big bass joel

» We need the forums back
street q scores Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2019 2:41 pm by svillarrial

» THIS OLD FORUM IS ALIVE!!!! 6/14/17
street q scores Icon_minitimeFri Sep 22, 2017 11:11 pm by 80INCHES

» It's back up !
street q scores Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2016 7:03 pm by chrisfish

» 2 Atomic apocalypse 12s D4
street q scores Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2016 12:53 am by supersquirt

» well hello
street q scores Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2015 5:46 am by TAMU

» WELLLWELLL
street q scores Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 4:24 pm by Nice

» SLAMBOREE AUG 1 & 2
street q scores Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2015 12:14 pm by Pro_Mom

Top posters
sanman
street q scores Vote_lcapstreet q scores Voting_barstreet q scores Vote_rcap 
The_Rowlands
chrisfish
Stingraysevenout
scionsoloxb
TECH114
Alan
supadave
Moparbass28
Navi
Statistics
We have 1855 registered users
The newest registered user is Farenheit

Our users have posted a total of 222582 messages in 12665 subjects
Keywords
disc state Johncarr crank quad records louisiana 80inches globe world dollar broken drive finals chef build pics crzyblondgrl Audiopipe record 2010 contest silence songs stereo kyle
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of United States Autosound Competition International on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of Mobile Audio Competitors Organization on your social bookmarking website

street q scores

Go down 
+7
TeamTCA
tijuana_no
aho77
OnYrMrk
PerformanceTyler
la2lvtom
CustomConcepts
11 posters
AuthorMessage
CustomConcepts
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor

Number of posts : 153
Registration date : 2009-11-23

street q scores Empty
PostSubject: street q scores   street q scores Icon_minitimeTue Jun 22, 2010 4:10 pm

so if im looking at this correctly, street q is a spl crossover, so how are the scores added up, is it the Q plus spl score?

and there are no install points correct?
Back to top Go down
la2lvtom
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
la2lvtom

Number of posts : 363
Registration date : 2009-04-02

street q scores Empty
PostSubject: Re: street q scores   street q scores Icon_minitimeTue Jun 22, 2010 5:00 pm

I actually compete in Street Q and how they judge is the Intro criteria on the scoresheet http://www.soundoff.org/rules/usacisq2010.pdf as you see the install portion is really only concerned if your equipment (deck, amps, speakers...) are mounted and properly protected/fused. Sound quality is what is really important in Street Q and here is where the cloudy part of the competition comes in, it is not very clear if we use the "official" sound quality disc or you provide your own. When I competed I was told to use a song of my choice so I used "Roll On" by Kid Rock from the album "Rock N Roll Jesus" (word of advice do not use an SPL song your a X-over SPL competitor its known your car will be loud you need to impress the judge by how well your system reproduces music). The nice thing about Street Q is unlike all other SQ classes the SPL score is a "burp" score and not a 30 second average or Street Beat score (I did discuss and confirm with Ralph that if this is for SPL guys some might not be set up to play for 30 seconds and he agreed so you get the higher "burp" score for the SPL portion. Good luck to you and I hope to see you in the lanes. Tom
Back to top Go down
CustomConcepts
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor

street q scores Empty
PostSubject: Re: street q scores   street q scores Icon_minitimeTue Jun 22, 2010 11:17 pm

so how did you do?
Back to top Go down
la2lvtom
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
la2lvtom

street q scores Empty
PostSubject: Re: street q scores   street q scores Icon_minitimeWed Jun 23, 2010 12:03 am

To be honest I don't really know how I was scored, the judge actually forgot to judge my car so it was at the end of the show but he told me that the system sounded very good and he told me the car could compete with cars in more advanced SQ classes my problem is I know in a more advanced class I would seriously get marked down for the wall, oh well. My system cosists of 2 pairs of Alpine Type R 6/tweet in each front door, 1 pair Alpine Type R 6/tweet in each rear door and 1 Alpine Type R 6/tweet for a center channel, I use all JL Audio slash series amps for the mid/tweets. I run 16 Rockford p2 10's in a sealed wall tuned to 48 hz and I have 4 Kicker XS100 class A/B amps pushing them. The source unit is Alpine and the whole system is processed with a Rockford 360.2. This class is really a good idea for those of us SPL guys who still try to get some SQ. When is your first show you are planning on trying out the class or are you just trying to get the rules straight for your build?
Back to top Go down
CustomConcepts
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor

street q scores Empty
PostSubject: Re: street q scores   street q scores Icon_minitimeWed Jun 23, 2010 1:29 am

well i have to have it completed by a local truck show, but they dont have a usaci event, so anything after august 1st, but i will be running a set of 3 ways with a 8 inch mid in the doors, a set of 2 ways in the kicks, and who knows how it will all turn out, i got alot of glassing still to do.
Back to top Go down
PerformanceTyler
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
PerformanceTyler

Number of posts : 299
Registration date : 2007-08-19

street q scores Empty
PostSubject: Re: street q scores   street q scores Icon_minitimeWed Jun 23, 2010 9:50 am

la2lvtom wrote:
To be honest I don't really know how I was scored, the judge actually forgot to judge my car so it was at the end of the show but he told me that the system sounded very good and he told me the car could compete with cars in more advanced SQ classes my problem is I know in a more advanced class I would seriously get marked down for the wall, oh well. My system cosists of 2 pairs of Alpine Type R 6/tweet in each front door, 1 pair Alpine Type R 6/tweet in each rear door and 1 Alpine Type R 6/tweet for a center channel, I use all JL Audio slash series amps for the mid/tweets. I run 16 Rockford p2 10's in a sealed wall tuned to 48 hz and I have 4 Kicker XS100 class A/B amps pushing them. The source unit is Alpine and the whole system is processed with a Rockford 360.2. This class is really a good idea for those of us SPL guys who still try to get some SQ. When is your first show you are planning on trying out the class or are you just trying to get the rules straight for your build?

Why would you get marked down for having a wall? Up until a few years ago there were several competitors that did well with a wall of subs.
Back to top Go down
la2lvtom
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
la2lvtom

street q scores Empty
PostSubject: Re: street q scores   street q scores Icon_minitimeWed Jun 23, 2010 12:24 pm

PerformanceTyler wrote:
la2lvtom wrote:

Why would you get marked down for having a wall? Up until a few years ago there were several competitors that did well with a wall of subs.

Well for most SQ purists a wall is blasphemy because (from what I have been told) A) it does not keep the look of the vehicle how the manufacturer intended, B) no grills on the speakers (grilles take away tenths), C) You being an SQ judge might be the exception but most SQ judges see a wall and automatically get the bias that the car will automatically be bass heavy (way back in the day when I was competing in IASCA, you know back when it was all about SQ and SPL was just used as a way to gain up to an extra 140 points, I had a wall with 4 15's, sealed, and only a 6/tweet set in each front door I would always have judges tell me after judging my car that they were not expecting the imaging that my car produced and just thought it was going to be all bass). Let's be honest SQ guys and SPL guys are two different beasts and neither group understands the other so there are biases in both factions, I like to cater to both but lose out in both, heck 16 10's and almost at a 52 or 16 10's... that not sound quality. Oh well I just do what makes me happy.
Back to top Go down
la2lvtom
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
la2lvtom

street q scores Empty
PostSubject: Re: street q scores   street q scores Icon_minitimeWed Jun 23, 2010 12:30 pm

Flamed97 wrote:
well i have to have it completed by a local truck show, but they dont have a usaci event, so anything after august 1st, but i will be running a set of 3 ways with a 8 inch mid in the doors, a set of 2 ways in the kicks, and who knows how it will all turn out, i got alot of glassing still to do.

From your description it sounds like it will be really nice, if you make it out to finals you gotta let me hear it. I don't know where they will put me since I will be competing both SPL and SQ but I am the one with the little blue mazda wagon with 16 10's
Back to top Go down
CustomConcepts
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor

street q scores Empty
PostSubject: Re: street q scores   street q scores Icon_minitimeWed Jun 23, 2010 1:08 pm

im sure i will be there again this year, just gota get it all done lol.
Back to top Go down
la2lvtom
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
la2lvtom

street q scores Empty
PostSubject: Re: street q scores   street q scores Icon_minitimeWed Jun 23, 2010 1:10 pm

Flamed97 wrote:

That sounds like every competitor I know, HAHA
Back to top Go down
OnYrMrk
Above Average Contributor
OnYrMrk

Number of posts : 893
Registration date : 2007-11-04

street q scores Empty
PostSubject: Re: street q scores   street q scores Icon_minitimeWed Jun 23, 2010 2:47 pm

Flamed97 wrote:

Where in Oklahoma are you located? There is a USACi show in Norman at Accessories Unlimited off of Indian Hills road and I-35. It will be a single point event but I will be at that show. It would be a great venue to debut a nice sounding Street Q car. I think it is July 16th.

Look it up on the events link...you might be able to make this show.

--Joe
Back to top Go down
http://www.scentsy.com/wallis
CustomConcepts
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor

street q scores Empty
PostSubject: Re: street q scores   street q scores Icon_minitimeThu Jun 24, 2010 12:04 am

i doubt my truck will make it, just ordered a batch of parts for the build today, chopped my port down a few inches, and got the doors glassed, also picked up the new dash. our s10 might though, and im south of poteau about 30 mins
Back to top Go down
aho77
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
aho77

Number of posts : 326
Registration date : 2009-08-15

street q scores Empty
PostSubject: Re: street q scores   street q scores Icon_minitimeMon Jun 28, 2010 12:25 am

hey tom i have a wall in my ride and so far there hasnt been any one dock me for the wall i was just told that i outa dress up my wall and keep the same theam with the was as the rest of my truck.

and the show is july 18th fyi joe
Back to top Go down
http://www.ahoaudio.com
tijuana_no
tijuana_no

Number of posts : 709
Registration date : 2007-09-12

street q scores Empty
PostSubject: Re: street q scores   street q scores Icon_minitimeTue Jul 13, 2010 6:05 pm

So , who is planning to enter this class?
Names please!!!!!
Back to top Go down
TeamTCA
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
TeamTCA

Number of posts : 195

street q scores Empty
PostSubject: Re: street q scores   street q scores Icon_minitimeTue Jul 13, 2010 6:57 pm

Damn good question. Who is entering "Street Q"?? For something to be the "future" of SQ I once heard, out of (10) Events that I have personally attended this year I HAVE NOT SEEN A SINGLE ENTRY IN THIS CLASS!! Not saying there aren't any competitors here BUT I have NOT seen them.

As for earlier discussion.....You have to be a competitor ENTERED in some type of SPL class at the show AND THEN YOU CAN CHOOSE TO ENTER "STREET Q". These are the original Rules/Guidlines set forth at the first of the year, unless something has changed that I don't know about.....which is a possibility...LOL

Basic, basic INSTALL portion (more safety, fusing, etc than anything), BASIC SOUND portion, and yes UNLIMITED SPL (can be a burp----not 30 sec average) where mic can be place anywhere forward of B-Pillar. Intent in this class is YES, to draw SPL guys into SQ buy only judging BASIC characteristics of safety and SOUND with the ability to do uncapped SPL. The whole freaking POINT is to grow SQ, slowly but surely by making a small portion of these guys who enter "Street Q" want to gradually move up into some of the more advanced SQ classes where INSTALL and SOUND are more important.

And for all those living on another planet, there are (3) additional classes in USACI SQ besides "Street Q" that have UNLIMITED SPL included in them. I am from "back in the day" for those that do not know and if WEREN'T FOR US GUYS, back when IT WAS ALL SQ AND SPL on the SAME SHEET, there would be NO SPLIT INTO WHAT YOU SEE NOW------SQ and SPL------yes SAME but DIFFERENT.

This evolution over time has lead to the almost extinct SQ side of things in USACi and basically at this point, after several long hours and discussions and rules changes, class changes, etc....there will be ONLY one show that counts and that is FINALS...

Sad but true. I wish there was a fix or even a band-aid at this point but it ain't gonna happen until someone at USACi makes it MORE OF A PRIORITY... SEND OUT FLIERS AND PLEASE TRY TO PROMOTE SQ...Stop back-burning SQ cars at events because of NO SQ judges....Either just do SPL or make a serious effort to promote SQ and be willing to judge cars at this events. It cost too much money now-a-days to travel to these shows, pay entries, hotel, etc and show up and be the ONLY ONE IN YOUR CLASS...Complete waste of time and nothing happens more than buying a trophy and earning points getting you to FINALS (where there is usually the only event with enough qualified personnel to handle SQ---which is still undermanned in recent history anyway)...

"Keep doing what your doing and you will keep getting what your getting"...

Todd
TCAudio
TeamTCA
24 World Championships
competing since 1988

Back to top Go down
http://www.tcaudio.net
jkrob21
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
jkrob21

Number of posts : 1476
Registration date : 2007-06-25

street q scores Empty
PostSubject: Re: street q scores   street q scores Icon_minitimeTue Jul 13, 2010 7:38 pm

Amen Todd!
Back to top Go down
6APPEAL

Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2010-07-11

street q scores Empty
PostSubject: Re: street q scores   street q scores Icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2010 9:53 am

Well said Todd.
Back to top Go down
poundstone
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
poundstone

Number of posts : 1900
Registration date : 2010-06-05

street q scores Empty
PostSubject: Re: street q scores   street q scores Icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2010 10:13 am

i am a spl competitor but do love the sound of a great sq car nothing sound quite like it!! they 1 difference i see at the couple shows i was able to make it to is they are really good about sq cars at least at the shows i was at in springfield, il at twisted pipes!! the sq cars were the ones right up front and they did all the judging for sq first thing! sucks its not that way all the time a competitor is a competitor no matter what he competes in we all should be treated the same idk if sq is bigger here up north or what but they seem to treat it better they you guys describe some of the experiences enough that im gonna enter my car in the next show in street q just to see what they think!! well just thought id throw my .02 keep up the great sounding cars!!!!
Back to top Go down
6APPEAL

Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2010-07-11

street q scores Empty
PostSubject: Re: street q scores   street q scores Icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2010 10:40 am

poundstone wrote:
i am a spl competitor but do love the sound of a great sq car nothing sound quite like it!! they 1 difference i see at the couple shows i was able to make it to is they are really good about sq cars at least at the shows i was at in springfield, il at twisted pipes!! the sq cars were the ones right up front and they did all the judging for sq first thing! sucks its not that way all the time a competitor is a competitor no matter what he competes in we all should be treated the same idk if sq is bigger here up north or what but they seem to treat it better they you guys describe some of the experiences enough that im gonna enter my car in the next show in street q just to see what they think!! well just thought id throw my .02 keep up the great sounding cars!!!!
As the old saying goes, "Follow the money"! It's far easier and more profitable to be able to put a meter in a SPL system for 30 seconds and get an undeniable number than it is to spend 20 to 45 minutes (depending on SQ class) to "subjectively" and comprehensively judge a SQ system.
Back to top Go down
TeamTCA
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
TeamTCA

Number of posts : 195

street q scores Empty
PostSubject: Re: street q scores   street q scores Icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2010 11:55 am

As the old saying goes, "Follow the money"! It's far easier and more profitable to be able to put a meter in a SPL system for 30 seconds and get an undeniable number than it is to spend 20 to 45 minutes (depending on SQ class) to "subjectively" and comprehensively judge a SQ system.

FACT. And that is the whole damn problem. No matter how much everybody complains you will not change those facts.

TC
TCAudio
TeamTCA
Back to top Go down
http://www.tcaudio.net
jsketoe
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor

Number of posts : 1587
Registration date : 2007-06-23

street q scores Empty
PostSubject: Re: street q scores   street q scores Icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2010 12:08 pm

It annoys me because I was in the lanes in 97 when SPL was the side show. We made room for SPL and cheered it on. Organizations like USAC IASCA and MECA help shops like Todd's and many others...but if everyone just gets a bad taste, its a waste of time and money.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

street q scores Empty
PostSubject: Re: street q scores   street q scores Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

street q scores
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Mobile Audio Competitors Organization :: GENERAL DISCUSSION :: SOUND QUALITY DISCUSSION :: SOUND QUALITY-
Jump to: