Mobile Audio Competitors Organization
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE LOUDEST SPORT ON EARTH!

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Joint Finals a success. USACI numbers down due to very remote (from USACI) location but better than expected. Results posted on web site.
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» STETSOM 7KD
Modifications for USACI Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2020 7:37 pm by big bass joel

» any blown stetsom 7kd or 2k6d amps for sale
Modifications for USACI Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2020 7:32 pm by big bass joel

» We need the forums back
Modifications for USACI Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2019 2:41 pm by svillarrial

» THIS OLD FORUM IS ALIVE!!!! 6/14/17
Modifications for USACI Icon_minitimeFri Sep 22, 2017 11:11 pm by 80INCHES

» It's back up !
Modifications for USACI Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2016 7:03 pm by chrisfish

» 2 Atomic apocalypse 12s D4
Modifications for USACI Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2016 12:53 am by supersquirt

» well hello
Modifications for USACI Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2015 5:46 am by TAMU

» WELLLWELLL
Modifications for USACI Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 4:24 pm by Nice

» SLAMBOREE AUG 1 & 2
Modifications for USACI Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2015 12:14 pm by Pro_Mom

Top posters
sanman
Modifications for USACI Vote_lcapModifications for USACI Voting_barModifications for USACI Vote_rcap 
The_Rowlands
Modifications for USACI Vote_lcapModifications for USACI Voting_barModifications for USACI Vote_rcap 
chrisfish
Stingraysevenout
scionsoloxb
TECH114
Alan
supadave
Moparbass28
Navi
Statistics
We have 1855 registered users
The newest registered user is Farenheit

Our users have posted a total of 222582 messages in 12665 subjects
Keywords
disc record quad records globe Johncarr broken finals Audiopipe songs dollar silence world 80inches crzyblondgrl state drive kyle build pics 2010 crank contest louisiana stereo chef
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of United States Autosound Competition International on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of Mobile Audio Competitors Organization on your social bookmarking website

Modifications for USACI

Go down 
+10
supadave
Mega HZ
scionsoloxb
Jeff Sanford
Moonie
sanman
210fordracing21
TAMU
zacdavis
BBGIC
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
BBGIC
Big Bald Guy in Charge
Big Bald Guy in Charge
BBGIC

Number of posts : 2358
Registration date : 2007-06-22

Modifications for USACI Empty
PostSubject: Modifications for USACI   Modifications for USACI Icon_minitimeTue Jun 15, 2010 1:41 pm

The intent of the USACI rules is to control vehicle modifications that are designed to manipulate the SPL score. Modifications for cosmetic or other unrelated reasons are not prohibited and are in fact encouraged. Common sense must be used in the determination of qualifying or disqualifying any modification based on competition division and extent of the modification.
Back to top Go down
http://www.soundoff.org
zacdavis
Above Average Contributor
zacdavis

Number of posts : 917
Registration date : 2007-06-28

PostSubject: Re: Modifications for USACI   Modifications for USACI Icon_minitimeTue Jun 15, 2010 1:50 pm

So?,
raising the floor in a vehicle for a body drop,
shortening the firewall,
raising the transmission tunnel,
cutting the inner kick panel to enlarge wheel wells,
things like this are encouraged, and legal?

If so, what classes are these allowed in? Stock, Mod, or would these type of modifications place a vehicle in Super Mod.

My common sense would tell me Super mod but your post confuses me.

Last edited by zacdavis on Tue Jun 15, 2010 1:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
BBGIC
Big Bald Guy in Charge
Big Bald Guy in Charge
BBGIC

Number of posts : 2358

PostSubject: Re: Modifications for USACI   Modifications for USACI Icon_minitimeTue Jun 15, 2010 1:53 pm

zacdavis wrote:
So?,
raising the floor in a vehicle for a body drop,
shortening the firewall,
raising the transmission tunnel,
cutting the inner kick panel to enlarge wheel wells,
things like this are encouraged, and legal?

That is not what I said.

I said "Common sense must be used in making the determinations". Obviously the mods you suggested would have a HUGE effect on the interior volume of the passenger compartment and require in depth review.
Back to top Go down
http://www.soundoff.org
zacdavis
zacdavis

Number of posts : 917
Registration date : 2007-06-28

PostSubject: Re: Modifications for USACI   Modifications for USACI Icon_minitimeTue Jun 15, 2010 1:56 pm

Ok, thank you.

I would go as far as to say and suggest to anybody who has any mods like this, theyshould submit detailed pictures of their vehicle to the R&E board to classify their vehicle to avoid any confusion.
Back to top Go down
TAMU
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
TAMU

Number of posts : 1548
Registration date : 2007-06-23

PostSubject: Re: Modifications for USACI   Modifications for USACI Icon_minitimeTue Jun 15, 2010 2:00 pm

to simplify this for yall-any mod that changes the shape of the vehical in any way would have to be looked at.
Back to top Go down
http://www.juggmaster.com
210fordracing21
210fordracing21

Number of posts : 849
Registration date : 2009-07-29

PostSubject: Re: Modifications for USACI   Modifications for USACI Icon_minitimeTue Jun 15, 2010 2:03 pm

Better take my spare change out of that passenger floor board then! Hahahahaha JK Guys I been thinking bout that one all week hahaha
Back to top Go down
sanman
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
sanman

Number of posts : 12087

PostSubject: Re: Modifications for USACI   Modifications for USACI Icon_minitimeTue Jun 15, 2010 3:40 pm

wont happen zac because most dont wanna be looked at as suspect
Back to top Go down
Moonie
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
Moonie

Number of posts : 1398
Registration date : 2009-02-18

PostSubject: Re: Modifications for USACI   Modifications for USACI Icon_minitimeTue Jun 15, 2010 4:24 pm

So is duck tape going to put me in supermod??
Back to top Go down
Jeff Sanford
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor

Number of posts : 459

PostSubject: Re: Modifications for USACI   Modifications for USACI Icon_minitimeTue Jun 15, 2010 4:41 pm

Depends on the amount of tape used and where it is used and to what intent it is used for.
Back to top Go down
Jeff Sanford
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor

Number of posts : 459

PostSubject: Re: Modifications for USACI   Modifications for USACI Icon_minitimeTue Jun 15, 2010 4:42 pm

Ralph Can I be a verification judge at finals. I promise that I have no problem pissing people off.
Back to top Go down
Moonie
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
Moonie

PostSubject: Re: Modifications for USACI   Modifications for USACI Icon_minitimeTue Jun 15, 2010 5:30 pm

well you know.....i was drinking and backed up into a car...so the tape is to keep the tail light in.....lol
Back to top Go down
210fordracing21
210fordracing21

PostSubject: Re: Modifications for USACI   Modifications for USACI Icon_minitimeTue Jun 15, 2010 5:40 pm

Hahahaha Moonie Im gunna have to throw you in super mod then! Hahahaha Now if you use the lens tape you can stay stock! Or bubble gum so nobody sees it!
Back to top Go down
Moonie
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
Moonie

PostSubject: Re: Modifications for USACI   Modifications for USACI Icon_minitimeTue Jun 15, 2010 5:48 pm

got to have some fun with this.....hell were all doing to same stuff so there is really no adantage or dis advantage......im doing the same stuff everyone else is....
Back to top Go down
Moonie
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
Moonie

PostSubject: Re: Modifications for USACI   Modifications for USACI Icon_minitimeTue Jun 15, 2010 5:49 pm

and what i mean by that is......tape...dynomat....but nothing that is completely illegal......
Back to top Go down
210fordracing21
210fordracing21

PostSubject: Re: Modifications for USACI   Modifications for USACI Icon_minitimeTue Jun 15, 2010 6:07 pm

LOL I hear ya! It is easier to laugh it off!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Modifications for USACI   Modifications for USACI Icon_minitimeTue Jun 15, 2010 7:25 pm

OK I will say it again....everyone listening?

(How many dam topics are you all gonna make regarding rules?)

Tape is not allowed in Stock or Modified because it is considered a manipulation of the cab or stiffens the cab. You may still hold the door/windshield with your hand but feet must stay on the ground.

Tape may be used in Super Mod only!

Now SB used to have it owns rules and now it is part of the USACi rulebook and in my thoughts it would fall under the same thing. And after talking to Don and Ralph guess what I was right Smile
Back to top Go down
210fordracing21
210fordracing21

PostSubject: Re: Modifications for USACI   Modifications for USACI Icon_minitimeTue Jun 15, 2010 7:43 pm

Bam there it is!
Back to top Go down
scionsoloxb
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!
scionsoloxb

Number of posts : 4832

PostSubject: Re: Modifications for USACI   Modifications for USACI Icon_minitimeTue Jun 15, 2010 8:04 pm

so when we have to tape our gas lids at finals....is that legal? Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing you guys are tring to figure out the rules...and im crackin on my car making it louder... as is.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Modifications for USACI   Modifications for USACI Icon_minitimeTue Jun 15, 2010 8:48 pm

Taping the gas lids are not stiffening the vehicle...doofus!

lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Modifications for USACI   Modifications for USACI Icon_minitimeTue Jun 15, 2010 8:50 pm

210fordracing21 wrote:
Bam there it is!

YES IT IS Smile

but I told you all the same thing in ALL THE OTHER POSTS Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
210fordracing21
210fordracing21

PostSubject: Re: Modifications for USACI   Modifications for USACI Icon_minitimeTue Jun 15, 2010 8:51 pm

I know u did! I'm just following the crowd crackin jokes! Hahahaha
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Modifications for USACI   Modifications for USACI Icon_minitimeTue Jun 15, 2010 9:06 pm

It is ok ... I am just trying to let everyone know the rules Smile
Back to top Go down
Mega HZ
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
Mega HZ

Number of posts : 200
Registration date : 2009-08-30

PostSubject: Re: Modifications for USACI   Modifications for USACI Icon_minitimeTue Jun 15, 2010 9:18 pm

Back in the day 99 to 01, i never used anything like tape or cutting firewall. Things like this could interfere with the sensor, everyone does some kind of modification in or out. I dont do any mod like that i wanna keep it real. guess im just oldskool. Why cant everyone just play it the same. We are all in this to accomplish our goal whatever it may be but do cut firewalls or bodydrop to acheive it. To me that is cheating.
Back to top Go down
TAMU
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
TAMU

PostSubject: Re: Modifications for USACI   Modifications for USACI Icon_minitimeWed Jun 16, 2010 6:02 am

ShowB wrote:

Tape is not allowed in Stock or Modified because it is considered a manipulation of the cab or stiffens the cab. You may still hold the door/windshield with your hand but feet must stay on the ground.

Now SB used to have it owns rules and now it is part of the USACi rulebook and in my thoughts it would fall under the same thing. And after talking to Don and Ralph guess what I was right Smile

how does tape strenthten your cab and pushing dont.
Back to top Go down
supadave
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!
supadave

Number of posts : 3745
Registration date : 2008-02-28

PostSubject: Re: Modifications for USACI   Modifications for USACI Icon_minitimeWed Jun 16, 2010 6:46 am

i think the main reason these rules ? are coming up cause most of the guys who are asking them maybe in that grey area, tested, got a high number an it was loud. so to make sure they are ok they ask to see if they are legal. most will aggree some will not. WE ALL KNOW THE RULE, WE ALL KNOW WHAT WE CAN AN CAN'T DO. STOP WITH THE TAPE OVER THE GAS TANK IS LEGAL B/S, YOU GUYS KNOW THAT IS A SAFTY REGULATION, GET YA ASSES OUTSIDE AN BUILD YOUR VEHICLE TO GET LOUD AS IS.
you guys have shown adversity over all the other rules with sb an other classes. i mean sb you could have as many batts as you want an you guys who was doing high numbers are still doing those high numbers with less batteries, so an so forth.
ya know the rules, follow them, an if ya follow them you ain't gotta worry about breakin a rule.
Back to top Go down
Moonie
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
Moonie

PostSubject: Re: Modifications for USACI   Modifications for USACI Icon_minitimeWed Jun 16, 2010 7:35 am

I use tape on my box.....as you guess is not part of the car.....its the box....lol
Back to top Go down
scionsoloxb
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!
scionsoloxb

Number of posts : 4832

PostSubject: Re: Modifications for USACI   Modifications for USACI Icon_minitimeWed Jun 16, 2010 8:15 am

supadave wrote:
i think the main reason these rules ? are coming up cause most of the guys who are asking them maybe in that grey area, tested, got a high number an it was loud. so to make sure they are ok they ask to see if they are legal. most will aggree some will not. WE ALL KNOW THE RULE, WE ALL KNOW WHAT WE CAN AN CAN'T DO. STOP WITH THE TAPE OVER THE GAS TANK IS LEGAL B/S, YOU GUYS KNOW THAT IS A SAFTY REGULATION, GET YA ASSES OUTSIDE AN BUILD YOUR VEHICLE TO GET LOUD AS IS.
you guys have shown adversity over all the other rules with sb an other classes. i mean sb you could have as many batts as you want an you guys who was doing high numbers are still doing those high numbers with less batteries, so an so forth.
ya know the rules, follow them, an if ya follow them you ain't gotta worry about breakin a rule.
im sorry? who are you again?
Back to top Go down
TAMU
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
TAMU

PostSubject: Re: Modifications for USACI   Modifications for USACI Icon_minitimeWed Jun 16, 2010 1:31 pm

supadave wrote:

you tellin people to go out and get loud c'mon man lol! lol! i ain't lookin for 143db lol! thats your loud.
Back to top Go down
TAMU
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
TAMU

PostSubject: Re: Modifications for USACI   Modifications for USACI Icon_minitimeWed Jun 16, 2010 1:33 pm

scionsoloxb wrote:
so when we have to tape our gas lids at finals....is that legal? Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing you guys are tring to figure out the rules...and im crackin on my car making it louder... as is.

leave that one alone,if they knew they wouldnt want us to tape our gas caps. lol!
Back to top Go down
TAMU
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
TAMU

PostSubject: Re: Modifications for USACI   Modifications for USACI Icon_minitimeWed Jun 16, 2010 1:35 pm

TAMU wrote:
ShowB wrote:

how does tape strengthen your cab and pushing dont.

i'll ask this question again.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Modifications for USACI   Modifications for USACI Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Modifications for USACI
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next