Mobile Audio Competitors Organization
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE LOUDEST SPORT ON EARTH!

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Joint Finals a success. USACI numbers down due to very remote (from USACI) location but better than expected. Results posted on web site.
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» STETSOM 7KD
finals - Car Audio Finals? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2020 7:37 pm by big bass joel

» any blown stetsom 7kd or 2k6d amps for sale
finals - Car Audio Finals? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2020 7:32 pm by big bass joel

» We need the forums back
finals - Car Audio Finals? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2019 2:41 pm by svillarrial

» THIS OLD FORUM IS ALIVE!!!! 6/14/17
finals - Car Audio Finals? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 22, 2017 11:11 pm by 80INCHES

» It's back up !
finals - Car Audio Finals? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2016 7:03 pm by chrisfish

» 2 Atomic apocalypse 12s D4
finals - Car Audio Finals? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2016 12:53 am by supersquirt

» well hello
finals - Car Audio Finals? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2015 5:46 am by TAMU

» WELLLWELLL
finals - Car Audio Finals? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 4:24 pm by Nice

» SLAMBOREE AUG 1 & 2
finals - Car Audio Finals? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2015 12:14 pm by Pro_Mom

Top posters
sanman
finals - Car Audio Finals? Vote_lcapfinals - Car Audio Finals? Voting_barfinals - Car Audio Finals? Vote_rcap 
The_Rowlands
finals - Car Audio Finals? Vote_lcapfinals - Car Audio Finals? Voting_barfinals - Car Audio Finals? Vote_rcap 
chrisfish
Stingraysevenout
scionsoloxb
TECH114
Alan
supadave
Moparbass28
Navi
Statistics
We have 1855 registered users
The newest registered user is Farenheit

Our users have posted a total of 222582 messages in 12665 subjects
Keywords
broken 80inches songs record chef finals records louisiana contest disc state build 2010 quad kyle crank stereo globe crzyblondgrl Audiopipe world dollar pics drive Johncarr silence
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of United States Autosound Competition International on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of Mobile Audio Competitors Organization on your social bookmarking website

Car Audio Finals?

Go down 
+7
210fordracing21
supadave
chrisfish
The_Rowlands
OnYrMrk
sanman
XFL-Leader
11 posters
AuthorMessage
XFL-Leader
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
XFL-Leader

Number of posts : 320
Registration date : 2007-06-30

finals - Car Audio Finals? Empty
PostSubject: Car Audio Finals?   finals - Car Audio Finals? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 09, 2010 12:59 pm

I don't get to see a lot of bikini contest. But, I am wondering in USACI finals look like this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rHSunkzavSc&feature=related
Back to top Go down
sanman
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
sanman

Number of posts : 12087
Registration date : 2007-06-23

PostSubject: Re: Car Audio Finals?   finals - Car Audio Finals? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 09, 2010 1:25 pm

unfortunately we have them

this is my #1 reason i think that our finals has dwindled we have all these shows like that going on where people only come to see that Dung Pile instead of whats really going on wich should be car audio

no car ho on stage dancing
then we had the concerts, and the cage fighting stuff

we have gotten away from the car audio part of finals and started trying to drag more people in with the chicks on stage dancing and such

then we as competitors that pya to come and do this have to stop during all this b/s to allow everyones focus to be on that i just think its horrible
Back to top Go down
OnYrMrk
Above Average Contributor
OnYrMrk

Number of posts : 893
Registration date : 2007-11-04

PostSubject: Re: Car Audio Finals?   finals - Car Audio Finals? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 09, 2010 3:33 pm

I totally agree Sanman.

Car audio used to be the bomb...now it is just part of a show, rather than the show is just part of the competition.

It is no longer a family friendly atmosphere either with the oil wrestling, bikini shows and whatnot. Just for once I would like to see a show for all ages, rather than one for 21 and up.
Back to top Go down
http://www.scentsy.com/wallis
The_Rowlands
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
The_Rowlands

Number of posts : 7398
Registration date : 2007-08-08

PostSubject: Re: Car Audio Finals?   finals - Car Audio Finals? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 09, 2010 4:12 pm

x2..
Back to top Go down
chrisfish
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
chrisfish

Number of posts : 6521
Registration date : 2009-05-16

PostSubject: Re: Car Audio Finals?   finals - Car Audio Finals? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 09, 2010 4:45 pm

Yep!
Back to top Go down
supadave
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!
supadave

Number of posts : 3745
Registration date : 2008-02-28

PostSubject: Re: Car Audio Finals?   finals - Car Audio Finals? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 09, 2010 7:40 pm

so let me get this correct, no bikini's, no oil, an no chicks with short shorts on? wow
you guys are on to something good man i like it myself well since none of you have some daily pounders i say a death match of 1min of straight music on the meter of a song an see who smokes first is deff out of the question.
i think that would be fun to watch instead of some crack head lookin chicks wrestle in baby oil lmao don't get wrong , well get me wrong they wasn't that hot of some chicks but anyway,,,, i know ralph is reading so i am gonna stop
Back to top Go down
The_Rowlands
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
The_Rowlands

PostSubject: Re: Car Audio Finals?   finals - Car Audio Finals? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 09, 2010 7:48 pm

1 minute aint long enough for a death match and extreme cars will always win they can play 170 easy for a long ars time
Back to top Go down
210fordracing21
210fordracing21

Number of posts : 849
Registration date : 2009-07-29

PostSubject: Re: Car Audio Finals?   finals - Car Audio Finals? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 09, 2010 10:02 pm

what extreme guys play music at 170????? Why dont they do sb5 then?
Back to top Go down
chrisfish
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
chrisfish

Number of posts : 6521
Registration date : 2009-05-16

PostSubject: Re: Car Audio Finals?   finals - Car Audio Finals? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 09, 2010 10:05 pm

Sb has limited mod's
Back to top Go down
210fordracing21
210fordracing21

Number of posts : 849
Registration date : 2009-07-29

PostSubject: Re: Car Audio Finals?   finals - Car Audio Finals? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 09, 2010 10:41 pm

oh well then thats why they dont? LOL I was like damn easy money right there! I never heard one play music though........ But it sure would be cool!
Back to top Go down
jsketoe
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor

Number of posts : 1587

PostSubject: Re: Car Audio Finals?   finals - Car Audio Finals? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 10, 2010 12:18 am

I don't get it either. Really...it isn't needed and brings no one through the door. Sideshow distraction.
Dude, I remember sitting in the stands and watching Tim Maynor go at it and get torn down questioning mic manipulation.
Back to top Go down
supadave
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!
supadave

Number of posts : 3745
Registration date : 2008-02-28

PostSubject: Re: Car Audio Finals?   finals - Car Audio Finals? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 10, 2010 6:57 am

well on the death match jeff i am wondering how long can your score obtain for 1min. that i would love to see, i tell ya get a new cam an video that man i wanna see that 63 hold for 1 min lol nonestop
Back to top Go down
The_Rowlands
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
The_Rowlands

PostSubject: Re: Car Audio Finals?   finals - Car Audio Finals? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 10, 2010 9:30 am

man i do it all the time man im at 1000 w per sub 1/3 of the rms my van can hold 163 all day long. theres been shows that im asked to quit doing demos because i demo none stop for hrs
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Car Audio Finals?   finals - Car Audio Finals? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 10, 2010 9:48 am

dats cus ur one badass mofo rowland
Back to top Go down
zacdavis
zacdavis

Number of posts : 917
Registration date : 2007-06-28

PostSubject: Re: Car Audio Finals?   finals - Car Audio Finals? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 10, 2010 10:07 am

Unfortunately guys, we all know people arent into car audio like we are, period. The good ol days with crowds of spectators are gone forever, bustin windows from the stereo is old news, it's 80's stuff.

This hobby/sport/activity/competition, whatever we call it, needs the other attractions to pull in spectators. The key to USACi surviving is retailer participation number one, but for big shows they need the motorcycle stunt guy, or the mud wrestlers, or car show....a few guys turning up their stereo doesnt excite crowds anymore...it's just the way it is.

As for the family friendly show comment?, idk what to say there...the question is who are you trying to attract to your show? New customers? Existing competitors? Potential competitors? What type of show is it? Are you looking to generate revenue from the show itself, or is it more of an advertising event for your business? Ask all relevant questions when planning a show.

My shows happen to be small and family friendly, geared towards my customers and their friends. We give the kids free hotdogs and raffle a stereo here or there. Shows like mine cost little to host in my parkin lot, a few hundred bucks, no biggie, so I don't need to draw a big crowd to cover expenses.

A larger show though?, thats an entirely different animal. Recouping the money dropped for the venue can be troublesome enough on it's own. The cost of even a medium sized car audio event can get up there real quick, staff, porta-potties, permits, ect, it adds up faster than one might think.

As mentioned before, whats the purpose of the event? If it's to generate revenue, then you can't rely on the competitors alone to pay for the overhead of the event, bottom line. You need to draw a crowd, and that means bringing in or incorporating other interests...whether it be a car show or drag racing, it needs more than audio alone.

If it weren't for the previous cage fighting, or concerts, ect., we may not have had enough money to hold a finals event, and that's the truth. On top of it, vendors don't care to pay 5k for a booth at an event where the crowd consists of only competitors and their kids. They're looking for potential customers and a return on their investment, and the extra 1,000 cage fighting fans gives them odds.

On the same token, people that cared less about stereos, and only came to see these cage fighters, or Static X at finals, this would be the only way they would ever be exposed to an audio event. Each time we incorporate a different attraction it draws new faces and potential future USACi members that may have never given competition a second thought....or heck, maybe it at least inspired them to go out and replace their stock stereo.

We have to ask ourselves the question, what is the number one purpose of USACi. In my opinion, it's a tool that accelerates car audio sales, period.
Swallow your pride and make it about the industry instead of yourselves.
Back to top Go down
The_Rowlands
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
The_Rowlands

PostSubject: Re: Car Audio Finals?   finals - Car Audio Finals? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 10, 2010 10:43 am

kickercrx wrote:
dats cus ur one badass mofo rowland
no ,,, but when ya put 1k to a sub that will handle 3k easy on music itll play for along time
Back to top Go down
BBGIC
Big Bald Guy in Charge
Big Bald Guy in Charge
BBGIC

Number of posts : 2358
Registration date : 2007-06-22

PostSubject: Re: Car Audio Finals?   finals - Car Audio Finals? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 11, 2010 12:42 pm

Wait till you seee the press release for the 2010 USACI finals. Not your typical car audio show and not what is being discussed here either.

More to come......
Back to top Go down
http://www.soundoff.org
The_Rowlands
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
The_Rowlands

PostSubject: Re: Car Audio Finals?   finals - Car Audio Finals? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 11, 2010 1:09 pm

hmmmmmmmmm
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Car Audio Finals?   finals - Car Audio Finals? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 11, 2010 2:00 pm

Got to keep you all wondering Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Car Audio Finals?   finals - Car Audio Finals? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 11, 2010 3:41 pm

Randall / Darville family reunion?
Back to top Go down
BBGIC
Big Bald Guy in Charge
Big Bald Guy in Charge
BBGIC

PostSubject: Re: Car Audio Finals?   finals - Car Audio Finals? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 11, 2010 3:52 pm

It will be a family event.
Back to top Go down
Jeff Sanford
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor

Number of posts : 459

PostSubject: Re: Car Audio Finals?   finals - Car Audio Finals? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 11, 2010 6:22 pm

kickercrx wrote:
Randall / Darville family reunion?

That would Suck!!!!LOL
Back to top Go down
zacdavis
zacdavis

Number of posts : 917
Registration date : 2007-06-28

PostSubject: Re: Car Audio Finals?   finals - Car Audio Finals? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 14, 2010 2:10 pm

USACI wrote:
It will be a family event.

The majority of the people who buy car audio with interests in competition and banging their heads off arent usually parents driving the minivan, but young kids with foul mouths that love chicks in a bikini.
Back to top Go down
OnYrMrk
OnYrMrk

Number of posts : 893
Registration date : 2007-11-04

PostSubject: Re: Car Audio Finals?   finals - Car Audio Finals? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 14, 2010 3:06 pm

most kids that compete are not young...most are over the age of 20.

But you are talking about the SPL side of things. Most people on the SQ side are degreed professionals, who bring their family to the finals. These kinds of attractions can deter SQ participants from attending if not addressed. Let's face facts. SPL will go on with or without scantily clad women. The subject of bass will always attract the bad mouthed kids.

The average High School kid that has a system, doesn't care if he can hear the words or all the music, he wants it to boom and be loud. So I am sure that SPL will surely weather the storm.

Thank you Ralph for making this a Family Friendly event. I wouldn't have a problem at all bringing my family for that very statement.

SQ competitors like Wayne Watson, drive a Minivan (Mazda 5) and he is one of the toughest competitors with his minivan. These competitors are more in the age bracket of 30-50, married, with children.

Again, Thanks Ralph for your efforts! I can't wait until finals this year! It will be great I am sure!
Back to top Go down
http://www.scentsy.com/wallis
BBGIC
Big Bald Guy in Charge
Big Bald Guy in Charge
BBGIC

PostSubject: Re: Car Audio Finals?   finals - Car Audio Finals? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 15, 2010 1:55 pm

Wehave the sponsor tied up and the contract willbe official this week. Press release to follow.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Car Audio Finals?   finals - Car Audio Finals? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Car Audio Finals?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Mobile Audio Competitors Organization :: GENERAL DISCUSSION :: General Discussion :: GENERAL SOUND COMPETITION DISCUSSION-
Jump to: