Mobile Audio Competitors Organization
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE LOUDEST SPORT ON EARTH!

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Joint Finals a success. USACI numbers down due to very remote (from USACI) location but better than expected. Results posted on web site.
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» STETSOM 7KD
no wonder this country gets dumber every year Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2020 7:37 pm by big bass joel

» any blown stetsom 7kd or 2k6d amps for sale
no wonder this country gets dumber every year Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2020 7:32 pm by big bass joel

» We need the forums back
no wonder this country gets dumber every year Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2019 2:41 pm by svillarrial

» THIS OLD FORUM IS ALIVE!!!! 6/14/17
no wonder this country gets dumber every year Icon_minitimeFri Sep 22, 2017 11:11 pm by 80INCHES

» It's back up !
no wonder this country gets dumber every year Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2016 7:03 pm by chrisfish

» 2 Atomic apocalypse 12s D4
no wonder this country gets dumber every year Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2016 12:53 am by supersquirt

» well hello
no wonder this country gets dumber every year Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2015 5:46 am by TAMU

» WELLLWELLL
no wonder this country gets dumber every year Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 4:24 pm by Nice

» SLAMBOREE AUG 1 & 2
no wonder this country gets dumber every year Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2015 12:14 pm by Pro_Mom

Top posters
sanman
no wonder this country gets dumber every year Vote_lcapno wonder this country gets dumber every year Voting_barno wonder this country gets dumber every year Vote_rcap 
The_Rowlands
no wonder this country gets dumber every year Vote_lcapno wonder this country gets dumber every year Voting_barno wonder this country gets dumber every year Vote_rcap 
chrisfish
Stingraysevenout
scionsoloxb
TECH114
Alan
supadave
Moparbass28
Navi
Statistics
We have 1855 registered users
The newest registered user is Farenheit

Our users have posted a total of 222582 messages in 12665 subjects
Keywords
louisiana Audiopipe finals contest silence songs 2010 drive kyle crzyblondgrl records disc 80inches build world pics globe chef crank broken record Johncarr state stereo dollar quad
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of United States Autosound Competition International on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of Mobile Audio Competitors Organization on your social bookmarking website

no wonder this country gets dumber every year

Go down 
+10
TECH114
supadave
CustomConcepts
Matt_Sibley
KickerRex
daddy_j
Nice
SQcrewcab
The_Rowlands
dbdaddy
14 posters
AuthorMessage
dbdaddy
Above Average Contributor
dbdaddy

Number of posts : 821
Registration date : 2009-01-03

no wonder this country gets dumber every year Empty
PostSubject: no wonder this country gets dumber every year   no wonder this country gets dumber every year Icon_minitimeWed May 26, 2010 7:58 am

my niece in Oklahoma told me about her high school requirements. get this. in Oklahoma a 61 is a 'D'. so 61 passes. then if you can maintain this big ol 61 until finals, you're done. no need to take finals. they do this to have more passing grades and the school looks better. fornicating rediculis.
Back to top Go down
The_Rowlands
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
The_Rowlands

Number of posts : 7398
Registration date : 2007-08-08

PostSubject: Re: no wonder this country gets dumber every year   no wonder this country gets dumber every year Icon_minitimeWed May 26, 2010 8:27 am

look someone has to work at wal-mart and fast food joints...
Back to top Go down
SQcrewcab
SQcrewcab

Number of posts : 801
Registration date : 2007-06-23

PostSubject: Re: no wonder this country gets dumber every year   no wonder this country gets dumber every year Icon_minitimeWed May 26, 2010 9:52 am

One of our local public high schools set a record for school suspensions this year. I think the school enrolment is around 1300 kids and they have had over 1500 suspensions handed out. The school districts responce was, "this is mostly due to the same group of kids" . um, then why the fornicate to you keep letting them come back?? I would not be surprised if they pass those kids as well.

Last edited by SQcrewcab on Wed May 26, 2010 10:33 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Nice
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
Nice

Number of posts : 2042
Registration date : 2007-07-13

PostSubject: Re: no wonder this country gets dumber every year   no wonder this country gets dumber every year Icon_minitimeWed May 26, 2010 10:13 am

dbdaddy wrote:
my niece in Oklahoma told me about her high school requirements. get this. in Oklahoma a 61 is a 'D'. so 61 passes. then if you can maintain this big ol 61 until finals, you're done. no need to take finals. they do this to have more passing grades and the school looks better. fornicating rediculis.

With a little encouragement from all of us, Sanman just might reach that goal this year. drunken scratch study
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: no wonder this country gets dumber every year   no wonder this country gets dumber every year Icon_minitimeWed May 26, 2010 11:11 am

I can't remember what they ever decided in Council Bluffs, but last year or the year before they had a big story on the news about the grading system, at the time if you didn't do your homework you got a 0 and rightly so, but a group of parents or the school board or someone, they were wanting to change the worst grade you can get for not turning something is be 50, that way it wouldn't hurt the students grade as much if they didn't do something.

Don't know what they ever decided.
Back to top Go down
daddy_j

Number of posts : 797
Registration date : 2008-04-30

PostSubject: Re: no wonder this country gets dumber every year   no wonder this country gets dumber every year Icon_minitimeWed May 26, 2010 12:47 pm

here in Texas its 70 to pass, but you can miss as much school as you want and still pass. Then they have this program called apples, that if you flunk a class all you have to do is take that apples class your senior year and you get to make up all the credits you flunked from 9th-12th grade. So literally you don't have to pass a single class for 3 years and you can make them all up in one year. It sucks. I had to work hard to graduate and now they just hand out diplomas to kids who just stay in school 12 years. No need to do any homework or study for any test, just show up every now and then. There are no minimum days required to be in school to get a grade. Back in my day more that 10 days unexcused and you automatically flunked that class. But as long as they know how to spell their name, the marines will take them. Someone has to die for our freedom. That sucks because their are a lot of smart people in the service, that get killed in action and the dumb ones come home. But that's a whole different topic.
Back to top Go down
The_Rowlands
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
The_Rowlands

PostSubject: Re: no wonder this country gets dumber every year   no wonder this country gets dumber every year Icon_minitimeWed May 26, 2010 5:32 pm

i went to council bluffs school and last 2 years i went to art class and drafting class.and ceramics class. then went home never went to any other classes and got a 60 in every class that i didn't go to ever ,,,,and passed ..now i know its bad, but i did have 2 jobs and lived on my own sense 16 but hey schools have been passing people that dont deserve it for years ,this was back in 1981, and i'm sure its just as bad now
Back to top Go down
KickerRex
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
KickerRex

Number of posts : 2063
Registration date : 2008-03-05

PostSubject: Re: no wonder this country gets dumber every year   no wonder this country gets dumber every year Icon_minitimeWed May 26, 2010 7:48 pm

The_Rowlands wrote:
look someone has to work at wal-mart and fast food joints...
lol.. pizzas don't deliver themselves
Back to top Go down
dbdaddy
dbdaddy

PostSubject: Re: no wonder this country gets dumber every year   no wonder this country gets dumber every year Icon_minitimeWed May 26, 2010 8:14 pm

people gotta eat, right?
Back to top Go down
Matt_Sibley

Number of posts : 957
Registration date : 2007-06-25

PostSubject: Re: no wonder this country gets dumber every year   no wonder this country gets dumber every year Icon_minitimeMon May 31, 2010 12:19 am

I agree that these systems are not for the betterment of society; however, I really think a lot of our nations problems start with PARENTS!!! Teachers can do very little if parents at home are not supporting them and forcing their kids to do their work.
Back to top Go down
http://www.us.airliquide.com
CustomConcepts
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor

Number of posts : 153
Registration date : 2009-11-23

PostSubject: Re: no wonder this country gets dumber every year   no wonder this country gets dumber every year Icon_minitimeMon May 31, 2010 1:40 am

back when i was in high school, i know to play ball we had to maintain a 75 average, and to walk at graduation was the same, but maybe that was just our school.
Back to top Go down
dbdaddy
dbdaddy

PostSubject: Re: no wonder this country gets dumber every year   no wonder this country gets dumber every year Icon_minitimeMon May 31, 2010 8:21 am

how long ago was that?
Back to top Go down
CustomConcepts
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor

Number of posts : 153
Registration date : 2009-11-23

PostSubject: Re: no wonder this country gets dumber every year   no wonder this country gets dumber every year Icon_minitimeMon May 31, 2010 9:08 am

been a while back lol
Back to top Go down
supadave
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!
supadave

Number of posts : 3745
Registration date : 2008-02-28

PostSubject: Re: no wonder this country gets dumber every year   no wonder this country gets dumber every year Icon_minitimeMon May 31, 2010 10:16 am

well i know in my small ass school no homework was a 0 an to pass it was 75 an higher an to walk we had to pass all our classes that senior year. i am pretty sure nothing has changed cause they was like that when my mom graduated which was in 72 an when i graduated in 2003.
i am with allen though it is sad that our kids go through these school systems, an us parents at home thinking our kids are getting a good education but really they are not. i am the step father of 3 wonderful kids an that is one of my requirments for them to get anything from me an that is to pass all classes an not bring any grades home under a B. that was a rule set 6yrs ago an now all of them are on the honor roll for the last 4yrs.
Back to top Go down
TECH114
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!
TECH114

Number of posts : 4748
Registration date : 2007-06-24

PostSubject: Re: no wonder this country gets dumber every year   no wonder this country gets dumber every year Icon_minitimeMon May 31, 2010 10:58 am

Matt_Sibley wrote:
I agree that these systems are not for the betterment of society; however, I really think a lot of our nations problems start with PARENTS!!! Teachers can do very little if parents at home are not supporting them and forcing their kids to do their work.

True. Parents should teach their kids not just to pass but to excel.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/infinitisound
kitkat
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
kitkat

Number of posts : 181
Registration date : 2009-11-07

PostSubject: Re: no wonder this country gets dumber every year   no wonder this country gets dumber every year Icon_minitimeMon May 31, 2010 4:07 pm

put there home work on a x-box 360 or playstation3 there get it done with there eyes close
Back to top Go down
The_Rowlands
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
The_Rowlands

PostSubject: Re: no wonder this country gets dumber every year   no wonder this country gets dumber every year Icon_minitimeMon May 31, 2010 4:15 pm

ya the way kids play nowadays is bad..every thing electric, what ever hapened to the good ole days when a stick and rocks is all a kid needed to have fun,,,
Back to top Go down
sanman
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
sanman

Number of posts : 12087

PostSubject: Re: no wonder this country gets dumber every year   no wonder this country gets dumber every year Icon_minitimeMon May 31, 2010 4:36 pm

WHO BUYS THEM THE 360/WII ITS THE PARENTS WICH ARE ALSO TO BLAME BECAUSE IF THEY HADN'T REPRODUCED WE WOULDNT HAVE THIS CONVERSATION HUH
Back to top Go down
chrisbaldelli
chrisbaldelli

Number of posts : 559
Registration date : 2008-11-30

PostSubject: Re: no wonder this country gets dumber every year   no wonder this country gets dumber every year Icon_minitimeMon May 31, 2010 7:37 pm

It's a byproduct of the social misconception... "all kids should go to college" "my kid's too good to be a janitor" "I need a $100,000 salary to be happy"

I think that most people age 25+ agree that:

1) The skills in the first few years of high school are not optional for 90% of daily activity. Balancing budgets, reading loan contracts, preparing food for a family, learning how to deal with people who are different from you... things NO ONE should be allowed to "skip".

2) Unless you're content being a baby factory (stud), a skill/trade is needed. That's either on-the-job or from a 2 year college. I personally think this is where 30-50% of Americans should be.

3) College or extensive training is required for ~20-30% of Americans
- high-level tasks requiring a theoretical analysis (doctors, engineers, teachers)
- management where a full understanding of psychology, economics, etc. is useful

4) Graduate school is needed for the 1-2% of people who require state-of-the-art knowledge, such as R&D engineers, surgeons, pharmacists, high-level management, and educators.

Moral of the story: Parents should push their kids to do what makes them happy. Amplifying a kid's strengths will lead to greater happiness than an unused degree.
Back to top Go down
sanman
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
sanman

Number of posts : 12087

PostSubject: Re: no wonder this country gets dumber every year   no wonder this country gets dumber every year Icon_minitimeMon May 31, 2010 9:26 pm

now this i agree with parents tend to push kids to do what they have no interest in at all
Back to top Go down
ziggy_monster
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
ziggy_monster

Number of posts : 96
Registration date : 2008-06-11

PostSubject: Re: no wonder this country gets dumber every year   no wonder this country gets dumber every year Icon_minitimeMon May 31, 2010 10:05 pm

i agree with you sanman ive seen many kids at my kids school doing stuff they didnt want to do just to make there parents happy....but i think they just need to bring back corperal punishment. i remember that paddle and my butt still hurts thinking about it.
kids werent as screwed up as this generation is.its sad to see these kids throwing there lives away.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: no wonder this country gets dumber every year   no wonder this country gets dumber every year Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

no wonder this country gets dumber every year
Page 1 of 1