Mobile Audio Competitors Organization
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE LOUDEST SPORT ON EARTH!

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Joint Finals a success. USACI numbers down due to very remote (from USACI) location but better than expected. Results posted on web site.
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» STETSOM 7KD
SQ Headunit Recommendation Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2020 7:37 pm by big bass joel

» any blown stetsom 7kd or 2k6d amps for sale
SQ Headunit Recommendation Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2020 7:32 pm by big bass joel

» We need the forums back
SQ Headunit Recommendation Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2019 2:41 pm by svillarrial

» THIS OLD FORUM IS ALIVE!!!! 6/14/17
SQ Headunit Recommendation Icon_minitimeFri Sep 22, 2017 11:11 pm by 80INCHES

» It's back up !
SQ Headunit Recommendation Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2016 7:03 pm by chrisfish

» 2 Atomic apocalypse 12s D4
SQ Headunit Recommendation Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2016 12:53 am by supersquirt

» well hello
SQ Headunit Recommendation Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2015 5:46 am by TAMU

» WELLLWELLL
SQ Headunit Recommendation Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 4:24 pm by Nice

» SLAMBOREE AUG 1 & 2
SQ Headunit Recommendation Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2015 12:14 pm by Pro_Mom

Top posters
sanman
SQ Headunit Recommendation Vote_lcapSQ Headunit Recommendation Voting_barSQ Headunit Recommendation Vote_rcap 
The_Rowlands
SQ Headunit Recommendation Vote_lcapSQ Headunit Recommendation Voting_barSQ Headunit Recommendation Vote_rcap 
chrisfish
Stingraysevenout
scionsoloxb
TECH114
Alan
supadave
Moparbass28
Navi
Statistics
We have 1855 registered users
The newest registered user is Farenheit

Our users have posted a total of 222582 messages in 12665 subjects
Keywords
crank records state Audiopipe 2010 broken pics dollar quad songs crzyblondgrl kyle louisiana chef world contest stereo drive finals Johncarr globe disc record 80inches build silence
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of United States Autosound Competition International on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of Mobile Audio Competitors Organization on your social bookmarking website

SQ Headunit Recommendation

Go down 
+4
jsketoe
OnYrMrk
FUZ-T.C.C.
Alarm God
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Alarm God
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
Alarm God

Number of posts : 1272
Registration date : 2007-11-14

SQ Headunit Recommendation Empty
PostSubject: SQ Headunit Recommendation   SQ Headunit Recommendation Icon_minitimeSun May 09, 2010 10:47 pm

Ok guys been out of sq for a while and wanting some suggestions for a good singledin headunit.
Back to top Go down
FUZ-T.C.C.
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
FUZ-T.C.C.

Number of posts : 1433
Registration date : 2009-05-06

PostSubject: Re: SQ Headunit Recommendation   SQ Headunit Recommendation Icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 12:10 am

I was told by several sq buffs, a good sq deck for a cheap price is kenwood exelon kdc693 or 993
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/trinitycarclub
Alarm God
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
Alarm God

Number of posts : 1272
Registration date : 2007-11-14

PostSubject: Re: SQ Headunit Recommendation   SQ Headunit Recommendation Icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 7:47 am

I looked at the kdc-x994.
Back to top Go down
OnYrMrk
Above Average Contributor
Above Average Contributor
OnYrMrk

Number of posts : 893
Registration date : 2007-11-04

PostSubject: Re: SQ Headunit Recommendation   SQ Headunit Recommendation Icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 2:13 pm

If you can find one, look for the Eclipse 7200MKII. Excellent HU for the money..
Other SQ decks in the One Din fashion:

Clarion DRX/DRZ9255
McIntosh MX406-MX4000-MX5000
Nak CD7000
Denon DZT
Pioneer DEXP99
Back to top Go down
http://www.scentsy.com/wallis
jsketoe
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor

Number of posts : 1587
Registration date : 2007-06-23

PostSubject: Re: SQ Headunit Recommendation   SQ Headunit Recommendation Icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 9:10 am

if you can get past the dim display, the Sony C90 rocks. They are getting harder to find however. If I was going to get a new off the shelf deck Id get a clarion drz or one of the new high end pioneers linked to the processor.
Back to top Go down
Maldonadosqs
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
Maldonadosqs

Number of posts : 101
Registration date : 2009-04-16

PostSubject: Re: SQ Headunit Recommendation   SQ Headunit Recommendation Icon_minitimeSat May 29, 2010 3:22 am

HI Clarion DRZ 9255 excellent HU

Juan Maldonado
Team D-Tronics SQ
Team DLS
Mustang gt red colorado
Back to top Go down
robrice
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
robrice

Number of posts : 130
Registration date : 2009-08-09

PostSubject: Re: SQ Headunit Recommendation   SQ Headunit Recommendation Icon_minitimeMon Jun 07, 2010 9:38 pm

I just put a Alpine iVA W900 in my Escalade and it has great sq with lots of adjustment. A JBL MS 8 processor would also enhance your sq.

robrice
Back to top Go down
bmuhammad1
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor

Number of posts : 318
Registration date : 2007-06-24

PostSubject: Re: SQ Headunit Recommendation   SQ Headunit Recommendation Icon_minitimeMon Jun 07, 2010 9:53 pm

What ever you get...try to get something with fiber optic output...or Burr Brown convertors. I think from there everything else would be secondary.
Back to top Go down
Iron Maiden
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
Iron Maiden

Number of posts : 331
Registration date : 2007-06-25

PostSubject: Re: SQ Headunit Recommendation   SQ Headunit Recommendation Icon_minitimeMon Jun 21, 2010 7:46 pm

OnYrMrk wrote:
If you can find one, look for the Eclipse 7200MKII. Excellent HU for the money..
Other SQ decks in the One Din fashion:

Clarion DRX/DRZ9255
McIntosh MX406-MX4000-MX5000
Nak CD7000
Denon DZT
Pioneer DEXP99

X2........ I have an ////Alpine DVA 9861 in mint condition I will sell, I use my cda 9815 in my S10.

I kept my 7200MKII for a couple of weeks before selling it and I have to tell you it was nice and warm sounding, powered by a US Amps hybrid tube amp, of coarse the OZ Matrix elites may have helped as well. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Iron Maiden
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
Iron Maiden

Number of posts : 331
Registration date : 2007-06-25

PostSubject: Re: SQ Headunit Recommendation   SQ Headunit Recommendation Icon_minitimeMon Jun 21, 2010 7:57 pm

jsketoe wrote:
if you can get past the dim display, the Sony C90 rocks. They are getting harder to find however. If I was going to get a new off the shelf deck Id get a clarion drz or one of the new high end pioneers linked to the processor.

Didnt you own an /////Alpine cda9835 at one time? That was a nice HU in its day.
I remember I was looking to purchase a couple of amps in 2002 or 03 and had a copy of Car Audio with your /////Alpine /Rockford Symmetry/ JL setup. The next day I purchased a pair of MRVF 340 AMPS. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SQ Headunit Recommendation   SQ Headunit Recommendation Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

SQ Headunit Recommendation
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Mobile Audio Competitors Organization :: GENERAL DISCUSSION :: SOUND QUALITY DISCUSSION :: SOUND QUALITY-
Jump to: