Mobile Audio Competitors Organization
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE LOUDEST SPORT ON EARTH!

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Joint Finals a success. USACI numbers down due to very remote (from USACI) location but better than expected. Results posted on web site.
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» STETSOM 7KD
Hypothetical Question for the big boys Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2020 7:37 pm by big bass joel

» any blown stetsom 7kd or 2k6d amps for sale
Hypothetical Question for the big boys Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2020 7:32 pm by big bass joel

» We need the forums back
Hypothetical Question for the big boys Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2019 2:41 pm by svillarrial

» THIS OLD FORUM IS ALIVE!!!! 6/14/17
Hypothetical Question for the big boys Icon_minitimeFri Sep 22, 2017 11:11 pm by 80INCHES

» It's back up !
Hypothetical Question for the big boys Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2016 7:03 pm by chrisfish

» 2 Atomic apocalypse 12s D4
Hypothetical Question for the big boys Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2016 12:53 am by supersquirt

» well hello
Hypothetical Question for the big boys Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2015 5:46 am by TAMU

» WELLLWELLL
Hypothetical Question for the big boys Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 4:24 pm by Nice

» SLAMBOREE AUG 1 & 2
Hypothetical Question for the big boys Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2015 12:14 pm by Pro_Mom

Top posters
sanman
Hypothetical Question for the big boys Vote_lcapHypothetical Question for the big boys Voting_barHypothetical Question for the big boys Vote_rcap 
The_Rowlands
Hypothetical Question for the big boys Vote_lcapHypothetical Question for the big boys Voting_barHypothetical Question for the big boys Vote_rcap 
chrisfish
Stingraysevenout
scionsoloxb
TECH114
Alan
supadave
Moparbass28
Navi
Statistics
We have 1855 registered users
The newest registered user is Farenheit

Our users have posted a total of 222582 messages in 12665 subjects
Keywords
world crzyblondgrl build kyle disc silence contest pics dollar louisiana records drive 80inches quad songs broken finals crank Audiopipe Johncarr chef 2010 state stereo globe record
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of United States Autosound Competition International on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of Mobile Audio Competitors Organization on your social bookmarking website

Hypothetical Question for the big boys

Go down 
+4
sanman
dbdaddy
george szawan
Nice
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Nice
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
Nice

Number of posts : 2042
Registration date : 2007-07-13

Hypothetical Question for the big boys Empty
PostSubject: Hypothetical Question for the big boys   Hypothetical Question for the big boys Icon_minitimeMon Apr 19, 2010 12:18 pm

If I have 10 batteries and I remove 5, will it be possible for me to do the same score as I did with the 10 batteries?
This takes me back to school, lol.
Back to top Go down
george szawan
Above Average Contributor
george szawan

Number of posts : 942
Registration date : 2007-10-17

PostSubject: Re: Hypothetical Question for the big boys   Hypothetical Question for the big boys Icon_minitimeMon Apr 19, 2010 12:40 pm

for what i am seeing with the batt limits for this year the numbers haven`t gone down at all 0-1000 i think alex mendoza already did 163
Back to top Go down
dbdaddy
dbdaddy

Number of posts : 821
Registration date : 2009-01-03

PostSubject: Re: Hypothetical Question for the big boys   Hypothetical Question for the big boys Icon_minitimeMon Apr 19, 2010 12:44 pm

you gotta add a flux capacitor. and then get up to 88 db's per hour.
Back to top Go down
Nice
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
Nice

PostSubject: Re: Hypothetical Question for the big boys   Hypothetical Question for the big boys Icon_minitimeMon Apr 19, 2010 12:56 pm

dbdaddy wrote:
you gotta add a flux capacitor. and then get up to 88 db's per hour.
lol drunken
Back to top Go down
sanman
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
sanman

Number of posts : 12087
Registration date : 2007-06-23

PostSubject: Re: Hypothetical Question for the big boys   Hypothetical Question for the big boys Icon_minitimeMon Apr 19, 2010 12:58 pm

actually alts is the ay to keep it tight dropping batts drops amperage and the amount of time you can sustain voltage alts are the way to keep them up, or 1000 dolla capacitors
Back to top Go down
Nice
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
Nice

PostSubject: Re: Hypothetical Question for the big boys   Hypothetical Question for the big boys Icon_minitimeMon Apr 19, 2010 1:04 pm

Maybe multiple alts. 5 or 6?
Back to top Go down
sanman
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
sanman

PostSubject: Re: Hypothetical Question for the big boys   Hypothetical Question for the big boys Icon_minitimeMon Apr 19, 2010 1:28 pm

WOULD HELP OUT FOR SURE, BUT NOT A BATTERY REPLACEMENT MAN

THE BEST THING I HAVE SEEN COME CLOSE TO A BATTERY REPLACEMENT IS THE MAXWELL CAPS I MEAN PEOPLE RUN THEM INSTEAD OF BATTERIES AND YOU CAN RUN AS MANY AS YOU CAN AFFORD@800 A POP LOL
Back to top Go down
Nice
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
Nice

PostSubject: Re: Hypothetical Question for the big boys   Hypothetical Question for the big boys Icon_minitimeMon Apr 19, 2010 1:48 pm

$800?
Back to top Go down
sanman
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
sanman

PostSubject: Re: Hypothetical Question for the big boys   Hypothetical Question for the big boys Icon_minitimeMon Apr 19, 2010 1:52 pm

im talking real caps man not the bull Dung Pile a shop sells for 90 bux lol

like solar power caps
Back to top Go down
Nice
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
Nice

PostSubject: Re: Hypothetical Question for the big boys   Hypothetical Question for the big boys Icon_minitimeMon Apr 19, 2010 1:55 pm

Yes, I just checked out the website.
Back to top Go down
sanman
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
sanman

PostSubject: Re: Hypothetical Question for the big boys   Hypothetical Question for the big boys Icon_minitimeMon Apr 19, 2010 1:56 pm

Back to top Go down
sanman
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
sanman

PostSubject: Re: Hypothetical Question for the big boys   Hypothetical Question for the big boys Icon_minitimeMon Apr 19, 2010 1:56 pm

well now everyone can lol
Back to top Go down
Nice
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
Nice

PostSubject: Re: Hypothetical Question for the big boys   Hypothetical Question for the big boys Icon_minitimeMon Apr 19, 2010 2:03 pm

I don't know if I'm running 16v this year, wonder if they make a 12v version?
Back to top Go down
Teamsubgopoof
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor

Number of posts : 94
Registration date : 2008-12-21

PostSubject: Re: Hypothetical Question for the big boys   Hypothetical Question for the big boys Icon_minitimeMon Apr 19, 2010 2:12 pm

sanman wrote:
WOULD HELP OUT FOR SURE, BUT NOT A BATTERY REPLACEMENT MAN

THE BEST THING I HAVE SEEN COME CLOSE TO A BATTERY REPLACEMENT IS THE MAXWELL CAPS I MEAN PEOPLE RUN THEM INSTEAD OF BATTERIES AND YOU CAN RUN AS MANY AS YOU CAN AFFORD@800 A POP LOL

I disagree....

If you have 5 200 amp alts on your car...thats 1000 amps of output

You could hook your amps up directly off your alts if you wanted and totally bypass your batteries lol as long as you weren't pulling over 1000 amps you're voltage wouldn't MOVE

I mean 1000 amps is good for what? around 10k?

Even if you were running 20+kw you could run a handful of batteries and have PLENTY of reserve with that much alt power

But the real question is who wants to fab up a bracket to hold 5 alternators?
Back to top Go down
Nick
Nick

Number of posts : 676
Registration date : 2007-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Hypothetical Question for the big boys   Hypothetical Question for the big boys Icon_minitimeMon Apr 19, 2010 2:16 pm

everyone please buy these in case USACi for any reason ever decides to limit these or even take them out, I can buy them cheap from you later to add to my solar power setup lol! geek

Last edited by Nick on Mon Apr 19, 2010 2:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
bruce-bruce
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor

Number of posts : 1361
Registration date : 2008-06-25

PostSubject: Re: Hypothetical Question for the big boys   Hypothetical Question for the big boys Icon_minitimeMon Apr 19, 2010 2:16 pm

Alts are not made to sustain that output, you would burn them up, they are to provide additional charge in times of heavy load. NOT A BATTERY. If you were to put on 5 alts and use them at 1000amps of draw they would last ya a very short time. Heavy load and recovery is what they are for.

As far as cutting your batts in half and doing same number, I guess its possible, pending total system current draw vs what was/is avail, and then system effienciency.......
Back to top Go down
sanman
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
sanman

PostSubject: Re: Hypothetical Question for the big boys   Hypothetical Question for the big boys Icon_minitimeMon Apr 19, 2010 2:59 pm

i agree with bruce on this and Nick knows what im saying since he probly knows exactly what they are since he has a solar power system in his house
Back to top Go down
Teamsubgopoof
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor

Number of posts : 94
Registration date : 2008-12-21

PostSubject: Re: Hypothetical Question for the big boys   Hypothetical Question for the big boys Icon_minitimeMon Apr 19, 2010 4:21 pm

bruce-bruce wrote:
Alts are not made to sustain that output, you would burn them up, they are to provide additional charge in times of heavy load. NOT A BATTERY. If you were to put on 5 alts and use them at 1000amps of draw they would last ya a very short time. Heavy load and recovery is what they are for.

As far as cutting your batts in half and doing same number, I guess its possible, pending total system current draw vs what was/is avail, and then system effienciency.......

I had actually talked about doing that a while ago.

Scottie told me it was possible but he wouldn't do it....thats probably why lol
Back to top Go down
Nice
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
Nice

PostSubject: Re: Hypothetical Question for the big boys   Hypothetical Question for the big boys Icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 2:34 pm

Back to the original question.
Back to top Go down
Matt_Sibley

Number of posts : 957
Registration date : 2007-06-25

PostSubject: Re: Hypothetical Question for the big boys   Hypothetical Question for the big boys Icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 2:57 pm

Give me your amplifier type, model, actual impedance, current draw now with 10 batts, wire size and length and I could probably calculate it. If 5 batteries is enough to supply your system then you may not be affected.
Back to top Go down
http://www.us.airliquide.com
Nice
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
Nice

PostSubject: Re: Hypothetical Question for the big boys   Hypothetical Question for the big boys Icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 3:04 pm

Not thinking that deep Matt, lol.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hypothetical Question for the big boys   Hypothetical Question for the big boys Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hypothetical Question for the big boys
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Mobile Audio Competitors Organization :: GENERAL DISCUSSION :: General Discussion :: GENERAL SOUND COMPETITION DISCUSSION-
Jump to: