Mobile Audio Competitors Organization
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE LOUDEST SPORT ON EARTH!

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Joint Finals a success. USACI numbers down due to very remote (from USACI) location but better than expected. Results posted on web site.
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» STETSOM 7KD
Charging questions Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2020 7:37 pm by big bass joel

» any blown stetsom 7kd or 2k6d amps for sale
Charging questions Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2020 7:32 pm by big bass joel

» We need the forums back
Charging questions Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2019 2:41 pm by svillarrial

» THIS OLD FORUM IS ALIVE!!!! 6/14/17
Charging questions Icon_minitimeFri Sep 22, 2017 11:11 pm by 80INCHES

» It's back up !
Charging questions Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2016 7:03 pm by chrisfish

» 2 Atomic apocalypse 12s D4
Charging questions Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2016 12:53 am by supersquirt

» well hello
Charging questions Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2015 5:46 am by TAMU

» WELLLWELLL
Charging questions Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 4:24 pm by Nice

» SLAMBOREE AUG 1 & 2
Charging questions Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2015 12:14 pm by Pro_Mom

Top posters
sanman
Charging questions Vote_lcapCharging questions Voting_barCharging questions Vote_rcap 
The_Rowlands
Charging questions Vote_lcapCharging questions Voting_barCharging questions Vote_rcap 
chrisfish
Stingraysevenout
scionsoloxb
TECH114
Alan
supadave
Moparbass28
Navi
Statistics
We have 1855 registered users
The newest registered user is Farenheit

Our users have posted a total of 222582 messages in 12665 subjects
Keywords
finals kyle stereo globe Johncarr contest 80inches records quad world 2010 crank drive pics Audiopipe broken crzyblondgrl songs louisiana disc chef state silence record dollar build
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of United States Autosound Competition International on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of Mobile Audio Competitors Organization on your social bookmarking website

Charging questions

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
outsideshot23
Above Average Contributor

Number of posts : 638
Registration date : 2009-09-13

Charging questions Empty
PostSubject: Charging questions   Charging questions Icon_minitimeTue Apr 06, 2010 10:06 pm

Ok.. i have a tiny bank of 3 hc2000 right now.. I just got a shumaker ssc-1500A i believe it is. It does 15/10/2 .. Just curious where to put it on.. It says it has a microprocessor and its supposed to step down on its own.. so do i put it on 15 and just let it roll??? I had it on 10 today and it ran for about 2 hours and had a surface charge of 14.8 is what the charger said.. is this normal?? It never stepped down... Another thing is im just hooking it up to the middle batt. i know its not the best way to do it but im still waiting on my copper buss bars to come in to connect all the batts... thanks
Back to top Go down
chrisfish
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
chrisfish

Number of posts : 6521
Registration date : 2009-05-16

Charging questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Charging questions   Charging questions Icon_minitimeTue Apr 06, 2010 10:21 pm

You can put it on the lowest setting and let it go over night! Put it on 15 while you are testing.
Back to top Go down
outsideshot23

Charging questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Charging questions   Charging questions Icon_minitimeWed Apr 07, 2010 1:35 pm

i plugged it up on 2a when i got out of classtoday on the agm setting and in 30 mins it ran up to 15.1?? however high the surface charge is it seems like evrytime it will rest at 13.1.. is there a way to get to get this number up? and is it normal for it to go from 13.1 to 15.1 in 30 mins on a 2a charge?? and how do you know when its fully charged? thanks
Back to top Go down
outsideshot23

Charging questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Charging questions   Charging questions Icon_minitimeWed Apr 07, 2010 1:59 pm

It does have a green light thats supposed to light up when charged but that hasnt ever come on...
Back to top Go down
outsideshot23

Charging questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Charging questions   Charging questions Icon_minitimeWed Apr 07, 2010 2:29 pm

not alot of people that charge out there?
Back to top Go down
chrisfish
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
chrisfish

Number of posts : 6521
Registration date : 2009-05-16

Charging questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Charging questions   Charging questions Icon_minitimeWed Apr 07, 2010 3:20 pm

I have not used your charger but there should be some indacation that it is charging . Green light for charged ,yellow for 80% and a line of red lights to show at what level it is charging. So no lights? I don't know! It is common for the voltage to read 15 when the charger is on and go to the curent level when the charger is off !
Back to top Go down
outsideshot23

Charging questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Charging questions   Charging questions Icon_minitimeWed Apr 07, 2010 3:46 pm

ya its got yellow light for charging on but its been going a few hours and its up to 15.2 and the green light still has not come on.. i have read articles its not good to keeop agm batts over 15v for long periods of time... but this charger is supposed to automatically give what the batt needs and cut down voltage when its charged but it it showing no signs of doing that
Back to top Go down
2003f150
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!
2003f150

Number of posts : 2610
Registration date : 2007-09-12

Charging questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Charging questions   Charging questions Icon_minitimeWed Apr 07, 2010 4:07 pm

I always charge @ 15.2 volts overnight and have no problems
Back to top Go down
outsideshot23

Charging questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Charging questions   Charging questions Icon_minitimeWed Apr 07, 2010 4:40 pm

cool.. ya it has kinda stalled on 15.2 so im just goin to let it run and see when it stops.. its been about 5 hours
Back to top Go down
Matt_Sibley

Number of posts : 957
Registration date : 2007-06-25

Charging questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Charging questions   Charging questions Icon_minitimeWed Apr 07, 2010 7:11 pm

You should look up the manufacturer's recommended charging procedures/voltage/current/etc. to make sure you get a long life out of your batteries. It's also best to have them around 77 degrees F for optimum performance. If you charge them too high for too long you will significantly shorten the life of the battery. The same is also true for letting them go too long without a refresher charge. I would never recommend going over 15.0 volts on a 12 volt battery for extended periods of time.

Here is Kinetiks charging recommendation: http://kinetikaudio.com/2009/faq.asp
Other manufacturer's provide detailed specification sheets for max float voltage per cell, recommended charger current, etc. Kinetik may be able to provide this on request.
Back to top Go down
http://www.us.airliquide.com
outsideshot23

Charging questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Charging questions   Charging questions Icon_minitimeWed Apr 07, 2010 7:28 pm

They finally charged... took about 5 hours but the grren light came on and they were sitting about 13.9 and it was just trickle charging
Back to top Go down
The_Rowlands
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
The_Rowlands

Number of posts : 7398
Registration date : 2007-08-08

Charging questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Charging questions   Charging questions Icon_minitimeWed Apr 07, 2010 7:36 pm

now switch the ends from the middle bat ....to pos. on first batt and neg on last batt they will charge better
Back to top Go down
outsideshot23

Charging questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Charging questions   Charging questions Icon_minitimeWed Apr 07, 2010 9:51 pm

The_Rowlands wrote:
now switch the ends from the middle bat ....to pos. on first batt and neg on last batt they will charge better
alright.. i will try that this weekend.. got a little show to go to.. appreciate the help
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Charging questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Charging questions   Charging questions Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Charging questions
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Mobile Audio Competitors Organization :: GENERAL DISCUSSION :: General Discussion :: GENERAL SOUND COMPETITION DISCUSSION-
Jump to: