Mobile Audio Competitors Organization
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE LOUDEST SPORT ON EARTH!

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Joint Finals a success. USACI numbers down due to very remote (from USACI) location but better than expected. Results posted on web site.
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» STETSOM 7KD
Window tint may exceed state laws...only in Xtreme Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2020 7:37 pm by big bass joel

» any blown stetsom 7kd or 2k6d amps for sale
Window tint may exceed state laws...only in Xtreme Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2020 7:32 pm by big bass joel

» We need the forums back
Window tint may exceed state laws...only in Xtreme Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2019 2:41 pm by svillarrial

» THIS OLD FORUM IS ALIVE!!!! 6/14/17
Window tint may exceed state laws...only in Xtreme Icon_minitimeFri Sep 22, 2017 11:11 pm by 80INCHES

» It's back up !
Window tint may exceed state laws...only in Xtreme Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2016 7:03 pm by chrisfish

» 2 Atomic apocalypse 12s D4
Window tint may exceed state laws...only in Xtreme Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2016 12:53 am by supersquirt

» well hello
Window tint may exceed state laws...only in Xtreme Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2015 5:46 am by TAMU

» WELLLWELLL
Window tint may exceed state laws...only in Xtreme Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 4:24 pm by Nice

» SLAMBOREE AUG 1 & 2
Window tint may exceed state laws...only in Xtreme Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2015 12:14 pm by Pro_Mom

Top posters
sanman
Window tint may exceed state laws...only in Xtreme Vote_lcapWindow tint may exceed state laws...only in Xtreme Voting_barWindow tint may exceed state laws...only in Xtreme Vote_rcap 
The_Rowlands
Window tint may exceed state laws...only in Xtreme Vote_lcapWindow tint may exceed state laws...only in Xtreme Voting_barWindow tint may exceed state laws...only in Xtreme Vote_rcap 
chrisfish
Stingraysevenout
scionsoloxb
TECH114
Alan
supadave
Moparbass28
Navi
Statistics
We have 1855 registered users
The newest registered user is Farenheit

Our users have posted a total of 222582 messages in 12665 subjects
Keywords
Audiopipe silence disc records chef record songs kyle crank globe pics 80inches contest broken dollar louisiana quad crzyblondgrl finals stereo world build drive 2010 Johncarr state
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of United States Autosound Competition International on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of Mobile Audio Competitors Organization on your social bookmarking website

Window tint may exceed state laws...only in Xtreme

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
mschwitz
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
mschwitz

Number of posts : 1125
Registration date : 2007-06-26

Window tint may exceed state laws...only in Xtreme Empty
PostSubject: Window tint may exceed state laws...only in Xtreme   Window tint may exceed state laws...only in Xtreme Icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 9:49 am

From the way I'm reading the rule book it states in Xtreme SQ and SQ+ that "Window tint may exceed state laws on non-street legal vehicles that are not used on public roadways"

Does this mean that any car with non legal window tint for their state has to compete in Xtreme? That's kinda the way I'm understaning it per the way it is writen. All other classes state the vehicle must be "street legal" I just want to get this out of the way before the season gets going. If I were a sq judge and a stickler for the rule book (that I am, but not a sq judge) I would move any car with non legal tint to xtreme class since per the rules it's the only class that allows for non street legal window tint. "street legal" is a very restrictive term. Many of the things many of us do to our cars aren't "street legal" from window tint, to non c.a.r.b. approved accesories, to liscense plate covers, motor swaps, h.i.d. headlight kits, etc. So where is the actual line of what is and isn't "street legal" Are finals judges really going to sit down with each states statute book and figure out what is and isn't street legal for any given state?

I'm not trying to stir the pot or cause drama, I feel this is a valid question. Other than this I feel the new rules are very well written and should create a positive change for sound quality in the coming years.
Back to top Go down
Cablguy
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
Cablguy

Number of posts : 335
Registration date : 2009-07-28

PostSubject: Re: Window tint may exceed state laws...only in Xtreme   Window tint may exceed state laws...only in Xtreme Icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 8:19 am

When I got my vehicle inspection sticker, I had to pay for a tint sticker too. which makes mine legal. Not sure of other states.
I have 35% on my truck.
Back to top Go down
OnYrMrk
Above Average Contributor
OnYrMrk

Number of posts : 893
Registration date : 2007-11-04

PostSubject: Re: Window tint may exceed state laws...only in Xtreme   Window tint may exceed state laws...only in Xtreme Icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 4:24 pm

No where in any other class does Window tint say it is being judged. My understanding is that it applies to a trailer queen with a tinted front windshield.

I double checked the rule book and according to how I read it, and I am a SQ Judge, is that this applies only to Extreme class vehicles. Not for anything under that class.

Hope this helps.
Back to top Go down
http://www.scentsy.com/wallis
mschwitz
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
mschwitz

PostSubject: Re: Window tint may exceed state laws...only in Xtreme   Window tint may exceed state laws...only in Xtreme Icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 6:15 pm

I have my windshield tinted with 50%, from my understanding the rulebook lists the modifications allowed in each class. In no other class does it state that you are allowed non legal window tint, all other classes state the vehicle must be street legal. In WI "legal" window tint is 50% on the front two windows and 35% on the rear windows. Most of the vehicles that have window tint around here are not "street legal". Like I said I'm not trying to stir the pot, just want to make sure this doesn't come back to bite someone in the butt. I don't know if it's really a nessasary bullet point in the rules. Just my thoughts on it. Like I said other than that I really like the new rules.
Back to top Go down
OnYrMrk
OnYrMrk

PostSubject: Re: Window tint may exceed state laws...only in Xtreme   Window tint may exceed state laws...only in Xtreme Icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 7:32 pm

Mike I will get with the other guys on the rules committee and see what to make of this ruling.

We will then talk to Ralph and Tim to see what action to take.

Thanks for bringing this up.

Joe
Back to top Go down
BBGIC
Big Bald Guy in Charge
Big Bald Guy in Charge
BBGIC

Number of posts : 2358
Registration date : 2007-06-22

PostSubject: Re: Window tint may exceed state laws...only in Xtreme   Window tint may exceed state laws...only in Xtreme Icon_minitimeThu Mar 18, 2010 11:36 am

Qouted from Tim Goudy:

"That's basically a carryover from the old rule book. Essentially, that means that USACi is not condoning using illegal window tint BUT if the car is street legal (licensed, insured and inspected) and able to be driven on the street then that is the "proof" that is required for us to allow the vehicle in lower classes. It's really there to prevent people from tinting their windshields."
Back to top Go down
http://www.soundoff.org
OnYrMrk
OnYrMrk

PostSubject: Re: Window tint may exceed state laws...only in Xtreme   Window tint may exceed state laws...only in Xtreme Icon_minitimeThu Mar 18, 2010 2:28 pm

Thanks Ralph, that was what I was thinking. I appreciate it sir.
Back to top Go down
mschwitz
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
mschwitz

PostSubject: Re: Window tint may exceed state laws...only in Xtreme   Window tint may exceed state laws...only in Xtreme Icon_minitimeMon Mar 22, 2010 10:01 am

I had a longer post written and it deleted before I posted. I have my windshield tinted in my daily driver, does that make me extreme? Is this rule really needed? The way it is written it seems it leaves it open to interpretation and the possibility of issues at shows. Since the rules list what mods are allowed in each class and not what isn't, saying illegal window tint is allowed in x class, would mean it's not legal in any lower class since non of them mention allowing illegal tint in the listed approved mods. I'm not trying to stir the pot, like I've said I like the new rules, this seems to be the only "grey area" in it. I'm just trying to save the judges and competitors some time and hassles down the road. You know someone else will find a way to make a problem out of this at a show.
Back to top Go down
mschwitz
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
mschwitz

PostSubject: Re: Window tint may exceed state laws...only in Xtreme   Window tint may exceed state laws...only in Xtreme Icon_minitimeMon Mar 22, 2010 11:33 pm

John explained the intent of the rule more to me and I understand the intent now. Maybe just a different wording of it, "street legal" seems very black and white to me and very few cars in WI are legally tinted.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Window tint may exceed state laws...only in Xtreme   Window tint may exceed state laws...only in Xtreme Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Window tint may exceed state laws...only in Xtreme
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Mobile Audio Competitors Organization :: GENERAL DISCUSSION :: SOUND QUALITY DISCUSSION :: SOUND QUALITY-
Jump to: