Mobile Audio Competitors Organization
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE LOUDEST SPORT ON EARTH!

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Joint Finals a success. USACI numbers down due to very remote (from USACI) location but better than expected. Results posted on web site.
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» STETSOM 7KD
I GOTS PROBLEMS !! Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2020 7:37 pm by big bass joel

» any blown stetsom 7kd or 2k6d amps for sale
I GOTS PROBLEMS !! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2020 7:32 pm by big bass joel

» We need the forums back
I GOTS PROBLEMS !! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2019 2:41 pm by svillarrial

» THIS OLD FORUM IS ALIVE!!!! 6/14/17
I GOTS PROBLEMS !! Icon_minitimeFri Sep 22, 2017 11:11 pm by 80INCHES

» It's back up !
I GOTS PROBLEMS !! Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2016 7:03 pm by chrisfish

» 2 Atomic apocalypse 12s D4
I GOTS PROBLEMS !! Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2016 12:53 am by supersquirt

» well hello
I GOTS PROBLEMS !! Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2015 5:46 am by TAMU

» WELLLWELLL
I GOTS PROBLEMS !! Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 4:24 pm by Nice

» SLAMBOREE AUG 1 & 2
I GOTS PROBLEMS !! Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2015 12:14 pm by Pro_Mom

Top posters
sanman
I GOTS PROBLEMS !! Vote_lcapI GOTS PROBLEMS !! Voting_barI GOTS PROBLEMS !! Vote_rcap 
The_Rowlands
I GOTS PROBLEMS !! Vote_lcapI GOTS PROBLEMS !! Voting_barI GOTS PROBLEMS !! Vote_rcap 
chrisfish
Stingraysevenout
scionsoloxb
TECH114
Alan
supadave
Moparbass28
Navi
Statistics
We have 1855 registered users
The newest registered user is Farenheit

Our users have posted a total of 222582 messages in 12665 subjects
Keywords
quad louisiana state crzyblondgrl records chef disc broken crank dollar drive songs kyle 2010 globe Johncarr Audiopipe pics silence contest 80inches record world finals build stereo
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of United States Autosound Competition International on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of Mobile Audio Competitors Organization on your social bookmarking website

I GOTS PROBLEMS !!

Go down 
+11
supadave
Team Big'Un
Corey J
210fordracing21
sanman
Stingraysevenout
Matt_Sibley
Navi
shadescustomtint
FUZ-T.C.C.
coming~4~U~2010
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
coming~4~U~2010
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
coming~4~U~2010

Number of posts : 210
Registration date : 2009-10-27

I GOTS PROBLEMS !! Empty
PostSubject: I GOTS PROBLEMS !!   I GOTS PROBLEMS !! Icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2010 6:46 pm

As most have seen i am building a astro, BUT i want to put like 8 -6.5 speakers in each door BUT to do this i need to put a sheet of 1/2" mdf so i can mount them all. i would be overlaying it over the door panel itself from the arm rest to the bottom. i have done the math theres about 460 square inches of panel i would be putting on. Then after i cut the speakers out there would be about 195 square inches left.i'm not sure if its just going to be tweed or i might fiberglass it all in. i know in the mod class what i will be runnig you cant mod in front of the b post but i think they make exceptions for things like this. i dont want to have a 1XX db and no mids & highs the 2- 6x8 in the dash dont cut it. can i get some advise or help on this, i dont want to have a big issue at shows
Back to top Go down
FUZ-T.C.C.
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
FUZ-T.C.C.

Number of posts : 1433
Registration date : 2009-05-06

I GOTS PROBLEMS !! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I GOTS PROBLEMS !!   I GOTS PROBLEMS !! Icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2010 7:06 pm

I might have the same problem,its a good question...im not doing as much as you but maybe 2 sets of components in each door...not fiberglassed just gotta add a layer of mdf as well to clear power windows...had stock 4x6's in doors.I am fiberglassing 3 1/2s in the front pillars though....illl be running in trunk.
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/trinitycarclub
shadescustomtint
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
shadescustomtint

Number of posts : 1631
Registration date : 2007-11-28

I GOTS PROBLEMS !! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I GOTS PROBLEMS !!   I GOTS PROBLEMS !! Icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2010 8:03 pm

Jimbo would be the one to ask on this or Estes might know as well I'm not sure but as long as they are functioning speakers you can do it cuz our truck has 2-6.5 glassed in each door with 2-tweets glassed in the pillars as well
Back to top Go down
Navi
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Navi

Number of posts : 3105
Registration date : 2007-06-25

I GOTS PROBLEMS !! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I GOTS PROBLEMS !!   I GOTS PROBLEMS !! Icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2010 8:20 pm

dont sweat it there are plenty of astros out there with 1/2" mdf on door panels as "factory replacements"

If you get told no by a judge id be having them look at everyone elses.
Back to top Go down
shadescustomtint
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
shadescustomtint

I GOTS PROBLEMS !! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I GOTS PROBLEMS !!   I GOTS PROBLEMS !! Icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2010 12:16 am

Hey hey ours is factory man og equipment ask anyone
Back to top Go down
Matt_Sibley
Above Average Contributor

Number of posts : 957

I GOTS PROBLEMS !! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I GOTS PROBLEMS !!   I GOTS PROBLEMS !! Icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2010 12:51 am

The rules say no modifications forward of the B-pillar and also says everything should be OEM or equivalent. In the past 3 or 4 years however long I've been doing verification at finals, ss long as it does not appear to be there for SPL purposes I let it go. I guess this is a judges discretion area that can go either way. Don't make it stick out really far off of the door panel to reduce cabin volume, and don't make it appear to be built like a super mod door. I do check doors and roofs for MDF/bracing/concrete etc in mod vehicles. The panel needs to look nice and have speakers in it and should not be very thick as to clearly reinforce the doors.

My understanding from other judges at finals is to judge the way I described above. I don't recall any problems with anyone in the past but you may want Don to chime in since he is the head judge.
Back to top Go down
http://www.us.airliquide.com
Stingraysevenout
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
Stingraysevenout

Number of posts : 6002
Registration date : 2007-06-23

I GOTS PROBLEMS !! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I GOTS PROBLEMS !!   I GOTS PROBLEMS !! Icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2010 3:33 am

Matt is 100% on the button on how i verify when judging its what i was taught unless its changed over the last couple years.... Key would be the dont make it stick out like a sore thumb and use 1" and no speakers!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL that would be a no pass in my eyes
Back to top Go down
shadescustomtint
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
shadescustomtint

I GOTS PROBLEMS !! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I GOTS PROBLEMS !!   I GOTS PROBLEMS !! Icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2010 10:20 am

2 sheets of 1" just line it with horns lol
Back to top Go down
shadescustomtint
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
shadescustomtint

I GOTS PROBLEMS !! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I GOTS PROBLEMS !!   I GOTS PROBLEMS !! Icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2010 10:21 am

Jimbo that pic still works man im cracking up this morning bro I quit getting on here cuz it was getting boring everyone must be building or sumn
Back to top Go down
Stingraysevenout
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
Stingraysevenout

I GOTS PROBLEMS !! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I GOTS PROBLEMS !!   I GOTS PROBLEMS !! Icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2010 12:53 pm

LOL i hear ya bro..... Hows bidness
Back to top Go down
FUZ-T.C.C.
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
FUZ-T.C.C.

I GOTS PROBLEMS !! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I GOTS PROBLEMS !!   I GOTS PROBLEMS !! Icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2010 1:00 pm

Cool i was hoping that would be the case,I am doing 1 set of 6.5s and Ill build it out in a small area just to lift speaker up so my window can clear the magnet.... What about 3 1/2s glassed in the front pillars at ear level? would that go???
Back to top Go down
Stingraysevenout
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
Stingraysevenout

I GOTS PROBLEMS !! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I GOTS PROBLEMS !!   I GOTS PROBLEMS !! Icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2010 1:18 pm

I think its fine in SQ its legal . And again as long as its not massive and abviouse that it helps SPL we know it wont but you get the picture you might wanna wait for a few more yeses before going with it.... Back when there was only sq we were allowed for that in our spl runs and i dont see it being a problem and you may have to shut them off during your run unless your in sb i would imagine....
Back to top Go down
FUZ-T.C.C.
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
FUZ-T.C.C.

I GOTS PROBLEMS !! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I GOTS PROBLEMS !!   I GOTS PROBLEMS !! Icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2010 1:29 pm

I can pull the pillars during a run,make quick disconnects in the wiring.The reason for this is demo purposes. My car is built to demo planets product so it needs to sound good as well as be in the 150s.If I have to I will but another "stock" set of front pillars to put in for my run or just remove them...either way.
Back to top Go down
FUZ-T.C.C.
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
FUZ-T.C.C.

I GOTS PROBLEMS !! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I GOTS PROBLEMS !!   I GOTS PROBLEMS !! Icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2010 1:30 pm

I dont do sb by the way,I do trunk,or ports
Back to top Go down
sanman
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
sanman

Number of posts : 12087

I GOTS PROBLEMS !! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I GOTS PROBLEMS !!   I GOTS PROBLEMS !! Icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2010 1:43 pm

its boring because im giving the haters what they want im stayong off this place as much as i can, and thats the deal
Back to top Go down
sanman
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
sanman

I GOTS PROBLEMS !! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I GOTS PROBLEMS !!   I GOTS PROBLEMS !! Icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2010 1:44 pm

now if you are in street bat line the dorrs up man for its legal there
Back to top Go down
FUZ-T.C.C.
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
FUZ-T.C.C.

I GOTS PROBLEMS !! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I GOTS PROBLEMS !!   I GOTS PROBLEMS !! Icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2010 1:47 pm

posted a topic for ralph to approve it....Named ralph thread
Back to top Go down
210fordracing21
210fordracing21

Number of posts : 849
Registration date : 2009-07-29

I GOTS PROBLEMS !! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I GOTS PROBLEMS !!   I GOTS PROBLEMS !! Icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2010 2:08 pm

sanman wrote:
its boring because im giving the haters what they want im stayong off this place as much as i can, and thats the deal

Damn Bro dont give into the hatters and dont knows! LOL Be you and if they dont like it they can leave! Hahaha You were here first! LOL
Back to top Go down
FUZ-T.C.C.
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
FUZ-T.C.C.

I GOTS PROBLEMS !! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I GOTS PROBLEMS !!   I GOTS PROBLEMS !! Icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2010 2:18 pm

preach
Back to top Go down
shadescustomtint
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
shadescustomtint

I GOTS PROBLEMS !! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I GOTS PROBLEMS !!   I GOTS PROBLEMS !! Icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2010 4:59 pm

Bizness is slow I got some custom work I'm on that corvette you like so much, He wanted a glassed boxed for two JLW7 on 2 JL 1000 so its gna be a busy month of getting dirty for me, He wants to take it to padre so we will see whats what
Back to top Go down
Corey J
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
Corey J

Number of posts : 208
Registration date : 2007-06-24

I GOTS PROBLEMS !! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I GOTS PROBLEMS !!   I GOTS PROBLEMS !! Icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2010 7:40 am

I use 1/2 inch mdf for my 6X9s in my doors . Ive never had an issue with judges at all. Ive had the 6X9s destroyed and ripped out of the passenger door due to pressure of the van , but thats just one of the drawbacks. Be careful which speakers you put in it , that passenger door will take a beating and then youll be replacing mids every other burp !
Back to top Go down

I GOTS PROBLEMS !! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I GOTS PROBLEMS !!   I GOTS PROBLEMS !! Icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2010 2:27 pm

While the rules do say no mods forward of the "b" pillar, allowances have been made to allow minor mods for installing smallerv speakers. Matt has been doing verification at finals the past few years and has done a great job, with no complaints on this issue at all. So, it will remain at the judges discretion as to whether the mod will be allowed or not.
Back to top Go down
sanman
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
sanman

I GOTS PROBLEMS !! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I GOTS PROBLEMS !!   I GOTS PROBLEMS !! Icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2010 2:32 pm

sweet thanx for chiming in DON now with that said if it was me I would keep it small and simple unless its street beat babay
Back to top Go down
shadescustomtint
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
shadescustomtint

I GOTS PROBLEMS !! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I GOTS PROBLEMS !!   I GOTS PROBLEMS !! Icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2010 3:11 pm

sanman shouldnt you be working on pinky
Back to top Go down
FUZ-T.C.C.
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
FUZ-T.C.C.

I GOTS PROBLEMS !! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I GOTS PROBLEMS !!   I GOTS PROBLEMS !! Icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2010 4:07 pm

I found a way after looking at it,I will be able to get the clearance I need without modification on the door.But I will proceed with the pillar-pods.If there is a problem I can switch them out for a run.Thanks for the input guys.
Back to top Go down
FUZ-T.C.C.
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
FUZ-T.C.C.

I GOTS PROBLEMS !! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I GOTS PROBLEMS !!   I GOTS PROBLEMS !! Icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2010 10:53 pm

Just to clear this debate up I got an official answer from an email I sent to the "rules and ethics committee" I witch they confirmed that my mods would indeed be allowed as long as the mod does not increase spl score.And I addressed every plan I have to the "T" They confirmed all was legal...So "coming 4 u 2010" your mod would be legal if you do it in such a way to not effect your spl score. And don't make it super noticeable And you shouldn't have a problem.
Back to top Go down
Matt_Sibley

Number of posts : 957

I GOTS PROBLEMS !! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I GOTS PROBLEMS !!   I GOTS PROBLEMS !! Icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2010 12:00 am

There you have it. I thought this would be the case but I"m glad you contacted rules and ethics as I suggested. Now you don't have to worry.
Back to top Go down
http://www.us.airliquide.com
FUZ-T.C.C.
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
FUZ-T.C.C.

I GOTS PROBLEMS !! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I GOTS PROBLEMS !!   I GOTS PROBLEMS !! Icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2010 12:01 am

exactly,thanks matt!
Back to top Go down
shadescustomtint
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
shadescustomtint

I GOTS PROBLEMS !! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I GOTS PROBLEMS !!   I GOTS PROBLEMS !! Icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 7:53 pm

glass it all man it looks better lmao, I got a project to post soon,ull see what I mean 8pair of 6.5 components on 2k in 4k on 2-12z customer car
Back to top Go down
Team Big'Un
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
Team Big'Un

Number of posts : 1448
Registration date : 2008-03-05

I GOTS PROBLEMS !! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I GOTS PROBLEMS !!   I GOTS PROBLEMS !! Icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 8:00 pm

Should be on display in Padre
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

I GOTS PROBLEMS !! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I GOTS PROBLEMS !!   I GOTS PROBLEMS !! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I GOTS PROBLEMS !!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Mobile Audio Competitors Organization :: GENERAL DISCUSSION :: General Discussion :: GENERAL SOUND COMPETITION DISCUSSION-
Jump to: