Mobile Audio Competitors Organization
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE LOUDEST SPORT ON EARTH!

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Joint Finals a success. USACI numbers down due to very remote (from USACI) location but better than expected. Results posted on web site.
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» STETSOM 7KD
How to Choose a Song Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2020 7:37 pm by big bass joel

» any blown stetsom 7kd or 2k6d amps for sale
How to Choose a Song Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2020 7:32 pm by big bass joel

» We need the forums back
How to Choose a Song Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2019 2:41 pm by svillarrial

» THIS OLD FORUM IS ALIVE!!!! 6/14/17
How to Choose a Song Icon_minitimeFri Sep 22, 2017 11:11 pm by 80INCHES

» It's back up !
How to Choose a Song Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2016 7:03 pm by chrisfish

» 2 Atomic apocalypse 12s D4
How to Choose a Song Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2016 12:53 am by supersquirt

» well hello
How to Choose a Song Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2015 5:46 am by TAMU

» WELLLWELLL
How to Choose a Song Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 4:24 pm by Nice

» SLAMBOREE AUG 1 & 2
How to Choose a Song Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2015 12:14 pm by Pro_Mom

Top posters
sanman
How to Choose a Song Vote_lcapHow to Choose a Song Voting_barHow to Choose a Song Vote_rcap 
The_Rowlands
How to Choose a Song Vote_lcapHow to Choose a Song Voting_barHow to Choose a Song Vote_rcap 
chrisfish
Stingraysevenout
scionsoloxb
TECH114
Alan
supadave
Moparbass28
Navi
Statistics
We have 1855 registered users
The newest registered user is Farenheit

Our users have posted a total of 222582 messages in 12665 subjects
Keywords
contest Johncarr chef build world quad finals Audiopipe disc pics globe 80inches stereo broken state crank dollar 2010 records record louisiana kyle drive silence crzyblondgrl songs
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of United States Autosound Competition International on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of Mobile Audio Competitors Organization on your social bookmarking website

How to Choose a Song

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
chrisbaldelli
Above Average Contributor
chrisbaldelli

Number of posts : 559
Registration date : 2008-11-30

How to Choose a Song Empty
PostSubject: How to Choose a Song   How to Choose a Song Icon_minitimeSun Jan 10, 2010 6:40 pm

For myself and others, trying to break into Street Beat, I was hoping the vets could enlighten me on song choice for SB.

I've been playing with Spectrum Analyzer Pro to find "the perfect song," but a compromise must be made... and I need to know what's most important.

For example, my cabin gain peaks at 50-52 Hz. (96 RAV4 4dr)

Naturally, songs around that range with get the extra dB's, and be a good choice.
Examples - Bass Mekanik, Drop The Bass, Critical Level, B***h, Go To Sleep, The Search, Bad Bass Music, etc.

On the other hand, a perfectly steady bass note, will minimize the breaks and give you the best score.
Examples - Bass 305 - "Look Aggressively to the Future", Jeezy - "Hypnotize", Lil Jon - "Push That", etc.

My question:
What do you consider most important and least important?
1) Frequency
2) Number of Breaks
3) Steady Bass (amplitude rolloff)

Last edited by chrisbaldelli on Sun Jan 10, 2010 7:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
FUZ-T.C.C.
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
FUZ-T.C.C.

Number of posts : 1433
Registration date : 2009-05-06

PostSubject: Re: How to Choose a Song   How to Choose a Song Icon_minitimeSun Jan 10, 2010 6:47 pm

Im no streetbeater but id have to say #2 cuz ive seen songs that are perfect in freq and just have that drop off that kills your score. Like I said not a big sb'ter but all of those are a big factor.
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/trinitycarclub
The_Rowlands
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
The_Rowlands

Number of posts : 7398
Registration date : 2007-08-08

PostSubject: Re: How to Choose a Song   How to Choose a Song Icon_minitimeSun Jan 10, 2010 6:48 pm

breaks aint all bad as long as the recording is good ive tried a few constant bass songs at 52hz but the way they recorded it wasnt up to par,,,but the song i use with 53 hz is recorded better and has lots of breaks, and is 1db louder,

Last edited by The_Rowlands on Sun Jan 10, 2010 7:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
FUZ-T.C.C.
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
FUZ-T.C.C.

Number of posts : 1433
Registration date : 2009-05-06

PostSubject: Re: How to Choose a Song   How to Choose a Song Icon_minitimeSun Jan 10, 2010 6:52 pm

Listen to this guy^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/trinitycarclub
chrisbaldelli
chrisbaldelli

PostSubject: Re: How to Choose a Song   How to Choose a Song Icon_minitimeSun Jan 10, 2010 7:02 pm

Nothing but respect for Rowlands. The man goes hard.

I understand that breaks don't make a big difference at 160 dB... taking advantage of the "boomy" nature of big ported boxes and highly pressurized cabins, we get a "hold" effect.

I don't really understand your point about recording quality, though. Is this referring to the type of bass, tightness of the bass frequency bandwidth, or ensuring an unclipped headunit signal? If you could give an example, that might help too.
Back to top Go down
chrisbaldelli
chrisbaldelli

PostSubject: Re: How to Choose a Song   How to Choose a Song Icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2010 3:26 am

Update: Retested cabin gain at my new sub position (used to be trunk, now CRX style)

Peak appears to be in the 54-56 Hz range.

This leaves me with "Bad Bass Music", "Critical Level", and "B***h" on my short list of mid-50 Hz songs. I saw a vid of a certain SupaDave running Bad Bass at Finals, so it's got street-cred. pirat

So, to the thread topic. In choosing the best song, I want the song that hits my best freq, with good recording quality and steady bass. Once I have the song chosen, near my cabin gain peak, the box tuning will be 3-6 Hz lower.

Does my logic jive with you guys' experiences? Specifically the box tuning choice.
Back to top Go down
chrisfish
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
chrisfish

Number of posts : 6521
Registration date : 2009-05-16

PostSubject: Re: How to Choose a Song   How to Choose a Song Icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2010 7:04 pm

Tune the box to 51 and play Peety Pablo vibrator
Back to top Go down
chrisbaldelli
chrisbaldelli

PostSubject: Re: How to Choose a Song   How to Choose a Song Icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2010 10:10 pm

Thanks Chris. Petey Pablo "Vibrate" is another good choice... that I completely forgot about.

It does have alot of breaks, but as Rowlands stated earlier, that may not be too important. It's got a really tight bass bandwidth and there's really only one note in the whole song.
Back to top Go down
chrisfish
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
chrisfish

Number of posts : 6521
Registration date : 2009-05-16

PostSubject: Re: How to Choose a Song   How to Choose a Song Icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2010 10:27 pm

There is a solid 30 seconds in there . I think it is 14 seconds in !
Back to top Go down
chrisbaldelli
chrisbaldelli

PostSubject: Re: How to Choose a Song   How to Choose a Song Icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2010 6:05 pm

Sorry, I needed to go back and analyze the song better.

"Vibrate" only has a couple real breaks throughout the song... which is good. But the bass line is a solid -17dB tone, with a 9 dB beat (50 and 53 Hz alternating) on top, that only happens for 1/3 of the time.

That's alot of rolloff, for alot of the time. It's a good song, but I doubt it's "the song" that will take Finals. I'll definitely give it a run at a future show, just to see how it meters... but I'd bet there are songs that get you closer to a pure tone burp, and give a better score.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How to Choose a Song   How to Choose a Song Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How to Choose a Song
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Mobile Audio Competitors Organization :: GENERAL DISCUSSION :: STREET BEAT :: STREET BEAT-
Jump to: