Mobile Audio Competitors Organization
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE LOUDEST SPORT ON EARTH!

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Joint Finals a success. USACI numbers down due to very remote (from USACI) location but better than expected. Results posted on web site.
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» STETSOM 7KD
Wall building advice Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2020 7:37 pm by big bass joel

» any blown stetsom 7kd or 2k6d amps for sale
Wall building advice Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2020 7:32 pm by big bass joel

» We need the forums back
Wall building advice Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2019 2:41 pm by svillarrial

» THIS OLD FORUM IS ALIVE!!!! 6/14/17
Wall building advice Icon_minitimeFri Sep 22, 2017 11:11 pm by 80INCHES

» It's back up !
Wall building advice Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2016 7:03 pm by chrisfish

» 2 Atomic apocalypse 12s D4
Wall building advice Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2016 12:53 am by supersquirt

» well hello
Wall building advice Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2015 5:46 am by TAMU

» WELLLWELLL
Wall building advice Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 4:24 pm by Nice

» SLAMBOREE AUG 1 & 2
Wall building advice Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2015 12:14 pm by Pro_Mom

Top posters
sanman
Wall building advice Vote_lcapWall building advice Voting_barWall building advice Vote_rcap 
The_Rowlands
Wall building advice Vote_lcapWall building advice Voting_barWall building advice Vote_rcap 
chrisfish
Stingraysevenout
scionsoloxb
TECH114
Alan
supadave
Moparbass28
Navi
Statistics
We have 1855 registered users
The newest registered user is Farenheit

Our users have posted a total of 222582 messages in 12665 subjects
Keywords
crzyblondgrl disc world globe pics quad contest louisiana finals drive broken 2010 state kyle record build Audiopipe 80inches records dollar songs Johncarr crank stereo chef silence
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of United States Autosound Competition International on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of Mobile Audio Competitors Organization on your social bookmarking website

Wall building advice

Go down 
+4
charlesestes
shadescustomtint
aho77
outsideshot23
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
outsideshot23
Above Average Contributor

Number of posts : 638
Registration date : 2009-09-13

Wall building advice Empty
PostSubject: Wall building advice   Wall building advice Icon_minitimeMon Nov 02, 2009 10:35 pm

Im going to make an attempt to build my first wall. Its in an extended cab full size and any and all advice about wall building would be appreciated. im still gathering supplies and equipment but im going to start here in the next few weeks... thanks in advance
Back to top Go down
aho77
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
aho77

Number of posts : 326
Registration date : 2009-08-15

PostSubject: Re: Wall building advice   Wall building advice Icon_minitimeMon Nov 02, 2009 11:26 pm

how many subs and what subs u gana run
Back to top Go down
http://www.ahoaudio.com
outsideshot23

PostSubject: Re: Wall building advice   Wall building advice Icon_minitimeMon Nov 02, 2009 11:59 pm

4 Rexxx 12's .. got a couple choices for amps would really like to get 2 stetsom or maybe a couple rd d9's.. not sure but 4 12" rexxx's for sure
Back to top Go down
aho77
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
aho77

PostSubject: Re: Wall building advice   Wall building advice Icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 12:06 am

theres alot of guys that are keeping the box and subs below the window line and are have alot of good numbers but ya stack the woofers and port drivers side
Back to top Go down
outsideshot23

PostSubject: Re: Wall building advice   Wall building advice Icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 12:07 am

ya ... I figure it will be worth it to build the wall... my number should be alot higher then having one at window line which is what i have now.... you were at stringtown in the blue blazer right???
Back to top Go down
outsideshot23

PostSubject: Re: Wall building advice   Wall building advice Icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 12:09 am

alright.. i have not heard drivers side... most of the boxes i have seen have been ported in the middle or accross the top... i figure i can run like 3 6" precision ports and it should be enough... im just worried about keeping the wall braced with 360 lbs of subs
Back to top Go down
aho77
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
aho77

PostSubject: Re: Wall building advice   Wall building advice Icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 12:12 am

yep that was me, what i did to get all the curves right for the face plat was took card board and cut and shaved untill it fit right then trasfered it to the wood,also made strips and taped them together. if u double the front or tripple the front it will suport those subs
Back to top Go down
aho77
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
aho77

PostSubject: Re: Wall building advice   Wall building advice Icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 12:15 am

basickly it all depends on what u plan on running as far as orginazations u want it to load on the pasengers side kick so if u port it on the drivers side and subs on pasengers side it will load in the kick pasegerside
Back to top Go down
outsideshot23

PostSubject: Re: Wall building advice   Wall building advice Icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 12:16 am

thats kinda what i had planned using cardboard and i was going to double face and use MDF for the front and a harder wood for the second layer and bolt the subs... I was at stringtown in the sierra witht he 26's.. I started to build a show truck but got started doing this after i spent all my money in my truck... haha.. im struggling now but im learning alot every build so this should be a good experience
Back to top Go down
outsideshot23

PostSubject: Re: Wall building advice   Wall building advice Icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 12:17 am

Probably just usac.. Meca only goes to about 4 places over and over and over... usac has alot of stuff around dallas and alot of tx trips that will be 3-5 hour drives
Back to top Go down
aho77
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
aho77

PostSubject: Re: Wall building advice   Wall building advice Icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 12:20 am

http://reaudio.com/speaker_box/LPort_Box_Calc.html

here play with this programe might help ya out, ok ya i think i remeber who you are ya there is alot of stuff to learn and can cost alot but good to here that ur hooked on audio. from what i heard theres gana be like 9 shows here in ok for usci
Back to top Go down
aho77
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
aho77

PostSubject: Re: Wall building advice   Wall building advice Icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 12:21 am

theres suposta be like 9 meca shows before there big show here ok all worth money
Back to top Go down
outsideshot23

PostSubject: Re: Wall building advice   Wall building advice Icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 12:22 am

alright... ill try that site out... looks like it will save me alot of time
Back to top Go down
outsideshot23

PostSubject: Re: Wall building advice   Wall building advice Icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 12:23 am

I did not see any of the meca... I think it is screwed up how they have it anyway as far as the money... you are better off building a wall and getting 3rd in modex then running under the glass and getting 1st in modified but 4th overall and out of the money... thats what got me at stringtown...i only hit 146.5 because i kept my boxes low
Back to top Go down
outsideshot23

PostSubject: Re: Wall building advice   Wall building advice Icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 12:24 am

i went to the meca site... i gues sthey just have the big shows listed... hwere did you see there was going to be 9 shows??? i like how meca does peak hold because i have not got the money for enough batteries right now but some of their rules are pretty sketchy compared to how SB in usac is kinda wide open
Back to top Go down
aho77
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
aho77

PostSubject: Re: Wall building advice   Wall building advice Icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 12:27 am

ya it will help ya, u was the other guy that was tuned really low like 30 hz rang right, i tuned my box at 40 hz and burbed at 48 all year. mark eldrige said that he talked to a few people and thats how i know but ya thay didnt post them yet
Back to top Go down
shadescustomtint
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
shadescustomtint

Number of posts : 1631
Registration date : 2007-11-28

PostSubject: Re: Wall building advice   Wall building advice Icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 12:30 am

Build what ur budget allows and ull do well but I'll tell ya what makes sense on paper doesn't always make sense in numbers the more u build and change sometimes the worse it gets n sometimes better it's just part of the guessing game if it was simple everyone would be doing 180z
Back to top Go down
outsideshot23

PostSubject: Re: Wall building advice   Wall building advice Icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 12:30 am

Im not tuned that low... im at 42 hz... i got alot of cab tho and i think its hurting me and i havent dynamatted anythign yet... but i got my system set up to play not compete... i bump it everyday just to listen to... could set it up to burp and hit a little better
Back to top Go down
aho77
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
aho77

PostSubject: Re: Wall building advice   Wall building advice Icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 12:32 am

ya the batt power will help u out alot i still have my stock alt but 5 batts and i stay at 12.7 running a street beat ya i know what u mean by getting beat hell that guy that took first over all he did a 64 at finals in the kick, to get a high score at meca is hard, ya thats the truth but i have learned alot this year from guys here and other places as well, ok sorry rong guy but u could still listen to it every day and have a hell of a set up
Back to top Go down
outsideshot23

PostSubject: Re: Wall building advice   Wall building advice Icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 12:37 am

Ya... im going to tune a little higher next time... at least mid to upper 40's... i still got my stock alternator but all ig ot now is 1 kinetik hc2000... i want to run at least 2 2400's but im going back to college and i dont got 900 just to spend on batts. But meca you dont need them as much as usac so hopefully i can place at some shows and be able to pick em up
Back to top Go down
outsideshot23

PostSubject: Re: Wall building advice   Wall building advice Icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 12:38 am

i drop from 14.7 down to about 11 where i bottom out in about 10 secs... i need ALOT more storage
Back to top Go down
aho77
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
aho77

PostSubject: Re: Wall building advice   Wall building advice Icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 12:45 am

http://www.caraudio.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=6

look here for batts much cheper also u can run the c&d ups batts thay work good ussaly u can get them for like 170.00is
Back to top Go down
outsideshot23

PostSubject: Re: Wall building advice   Wall building advice Icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 12:48 am

ya my buddy has got a huge c&d... i will xheck it out... still tryin to get rid of alot of the audio i got layin around so i can put this thinng into motion
Back to top Go down
aho77
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
aho77

PostSubject: Re: Wall building advice   Wall building advice Icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 12:51 am

what u got might be interested, ya those batts are the same size as the kenitic 3800 thay are big but thay are good they say there not as good as those but heck i have had very good luck with them
Back to top Go down
outsideshot23

PostSubject: Re: Wall building advice   Wall building advice Icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 1:13 am

i got 2 ma hk series 15's 2000 rms 2 ohm coils (250 each)
2 ma hk series amps 1800 rms (275 each)
2 500.2 kicker amps (150 each)
1 ma hk 598 800 watt i bought for my components (160)
1 12" l5 in ported box... (175)
the l5 and box and 800 w amp havent been taken out of the boxes yet and all the other have 8 hours max on them... not really competition stuff but good for a system if you know anyone looking for some bump.. everything is MINT
Back to top Go down
charlesestes
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
charlesestes

Number of posts : 1009
Registration date : 2007-06-25

PostSubject: Re: Wall building advice   Wall building advice Icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 1:32 am

you wont be happy with the xxxs for spl. they sound great but suck ass for spl. get the sx or the mt if your shooting for spl and daily. and ive got nsb 170s(equal to 2-3 kinetic 2400) for 250ea plus shipping.
Back to top Go down
FUZ-T.C.C.
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
FUZ-T.C.C.

Number of posts : 1433
Registration date : 2009-05-06

PostSubject: Re: Wall building advice   Wall building advice Icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 9:55 am

I agree with Charles,I have had sr's sx's and I had a friend who had xxx's and I did a couple of db's higher with sx's. Trade someone and downgrade and get cash with the trade. Although they do sound nice mt's will hit higher numbers.
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/trinitycarclub
outsideshot23

PostSubject: Re: Wall building advice   Wall building advice Icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 10:32 am

ya.. i could not find the specs on the Mt's but i guess they dont have them. They sound like they can really get downa nd are not as high... thanks for teh advice
Back to top Go down
outsideshot23

PostSubject: Re: Wall building advice   Wall building advice Icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 10:39 am

What would be a good amp to run 3 15's... fromw hat i have read they can take 3k to 4k wrms no problem... thats alot of poweer
Back to top Go down
Alan
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Alan

Number of posts : 3897
Registration date : 2008-02-05

PostSubject: Re: Wall building advice   Wall building advice Icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 11:43 am

i wouldnt do a wall with just 4 12s.. with that low of cone area id keep it under the window line to see better scores... now.. 4 15s on the other hand..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wall building advice   Wall building advice Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wall building advice
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Mobile Audio Competitors Organization :: GENERAL DISCUSSION :: General Discussion :: GENERAL SOUND COMPETITION DISCUSSION-
Jump to: