Mobile Audio Competitors Organization
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE LOUDEST SPORT ON EARTH!

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Joint Finals a success. USACI numbers down due to very remote (from USACI) location but better than expected. Results posted on web site.
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» STETSOM 7KD
focal - Focal and Vibe Speakers Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2020 7:37 pm by big bass joel

» any blown stetsom 7kd or 2k6d amps for sale
focal - Focal and Vibe Speakers Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2020 7:32 pm by big bass joel

» We need the forums back
focal - Focal and Vibe Speakers Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2019 2:41 pm by svillarrial

» THIS OLD FORUM IS ALIVE!!!! 6/14/17
focal - Focal and Vibe Speakers Icon_minitimeFri Sep 22, 2017 11:11 pm by 80INCHES

» It's back up !
focal - Focal and Vibe Speakers Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2016 7:03 pm by chrisfish

» 2 Atomic apocalypse 12s D4
focal - Focal and Vibe Speakers Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2016 12:53 am by supersquirt

» well hello
focal - Focal and Vibe Speakers Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2015 5:46 am by TAMU

» WELLLWELLL
focal - Focal and Vibe Speakers Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 4:24 pm by Nice

» SLAMBOREE AUG 1 & 2
focal - Focal and Vibe Speakers Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2015 12:14 pm by Pro_Mom

Top posters
sanman
focal - Focal and Vibe Speakers Vote_lcapfocal - Focal and Vibe Speakers Voting_barfocal - Focal and Vibe Speakers Vote_rcap 
The_Rowlands
focal - Focal and Vibe Speakers Vote_lcapfocal - Focal and Vibe Speakers Voting_barfocal - Focal and Vibe Speakers Vote_rcap 
chrisfish
Stingraysevenout
scionsoloxb
TECH114
Alan
supadave
Moparbass28
Navi
Statistics
We have 1855 registered users
The newest registered user is Farenheit

Our users have posted a total of 222582 messages in 12665 subjects
Keywords
louisiana chef contest dollar Johncarr quad 2010 kyle pics drive broken state crzyblondgrl 80inches finals Audiopipe globe crank songs world build record records silence disc stereo
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of United States Autosound Competition International on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of Mobile Audio Competitors Organization on your social bookmarking website

Focal and Vibe Speakers

Go down 
+6
Crush
genxx
OnYrMrk
jsketoe
FUZ-T.C.C.
bmuhammad1
10 posters
AuthorMessage
bmuhammad1
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor

Number of posts : 318
Registration date : 2007-06-24

focal - Focal and Vibe Speakers Empty
PostSubject: Focal and Vibe Speakers   focal - Focal and Vibe Speakers Icon_minitimeTue Oct 20, 2009 11:33 am

I wanted to know if anyone has heard of or listened to Vibe Speakers and if they compare well to the Focal speakers. I know how well Focal speakers are. I have been competing with them since 2001 and have had great results with them. However I was looking at other speakers and installs and saw these in the little mini cooper at the Finals and wanted to know if any one has listened to them. Any comments of feedback would be great. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
FUZ-T.C.C.
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
FUZ-T.C.C.

Number of posts : 1433
Registration date : 2009-05-06

PostSubject: Re: Focal and Vibe Speakers   focal - Focal and Vibe Speakers Icon_minitimeTue Oct 20, 2009 12:23 pm

Ya, I did. The specs on vibes subs are not bad. I got a demo in the mini and the suv with vibe. To be honest I wasent too impressed. Sure it was loud but the clarity wasent there. Not bad but there defenantly is better out there.If you are looking for a great sub with a low price check out Planetaudiousa.com and go look at specs on the Big Bang subs. bb215d I have a complete Planet audio system and I just picked up sponsorship with them.
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/trinitycarclub
jsketoe
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor

Number of posts : 1587
Registration date : 2007-06-23

PostSubject: Re: Focal and Vibe Speakers   focal - Focal and Vibe Speakers Icon_minitimeTue Oct 20, 2009 12:25 pm

umm...no...stay Focal.
Back to top Go down
bmuhammad1
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Focal and Vibe Speakers   focal - Focal and Vibe Speakers Icon_minitimeTue Oct 20, 2009 12:40 pm

Oh no! Im not letting my Focal get away. This was for another vehicle.
Back to top Go down
FUZ-T.C.C.
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
FUZ-T.C.C.

PostSubject: Re: Focal and Vibe Speakers   focal - Focal and Vibe Speakers Icon_minitimeTue Oct 20, 2009 5:45 pm

jsketoe wrote:
umm...no...stay Focal.

I never said pick planet over focal,tard. I said planet over vibe. Umm ya I say focal too for sq yes.
Back to top Go down
jsketoe
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor

Number of posts : 1587
Registration date : 2007-06-23

PostSubject: Re: Focal and Vibe Speakers   focal - Focal and Vibe Speakers Icon_minitimeWed Oct 21, 2009 7:59 am

no prob...tard.
Back to top Go down
OnYrMrk
Above Average Contributor
OnYrMrk

Number of posts : 893
Registration date : 2007-11-04

PostSubject: Re: Focal and Vibe Speakers   focal - Focal and Vibe Speakers Icon_minitimeWed Oct 21, 2009 9:19 am

Now kids, do I have to separate you?
Back to top Go down
http://www.scentsy.com/wallis
FUZ-T.C.C.
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
FUZ-T.C.C.

PostSubject: Re: Focal and Vibe Speakers   focal - Focal and Vibe Speakers Icon_minitimeWed Oct 21, 2009 10:12 am

OnYrMrk wrote:

Naw,he just couldnt figure out what i was trying to say.You would have to be a tard to pick not pick focal. I was mearley pointing from vibe to planet...Our product is newer and not alotta ppl know about it yet. Im now a part of Team Planet Audio and Im trying to raise awarness of our products.
Back to top Go down
genxx
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor

Number of posts : 134
Registration date : 2009-05-26

PostSubject: Re: Focal and Vibe Speakers   focal - Focal and Vibe Speakers Icon_minitimeWed Oct 21, 2009 10:43 am

Not trying to sound like at elitest but Planet Audio and vibe are 99.9% of the time not part of a Sound Quality conversation.

Instead of Planet Audio or Vibe if I was looking for bang for the buck.

Pioneer PRS720's, Hetrz Hi-Energy HSK165, HAT Clarus and there are other's.

You spend a little extra now vs. nickle and dimming youself.

The Planet Audio Big Bang amps are good.IMO
Back to top Go down
FUZ-T.C.C.
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
FUZ-T.C.C.

PostSubject: Re: Focal and Vibe Speakers   focal - Focal and Vibe Speakers Icon_minitimeWed Oct 21, 2009 10:53 am

genxx wrote:
Not trying to sound like at elitest but Planet Audio and vibe are 99.9% of the time not part of a Sound Quality conversation.

Instead of Planet Audio or Vibe if I was looking for bang for the buck.

Pioneer PRS720's, Hetrz Hi-Energy HSK165, HAT Clarus and there are other's.

You spend a little extra now vs. nickle and dimming youself.

The Planet Audio Big Bang amps are good.IMO

I didnt even realize I was in an sq conversation..lol I just seen the new topic and replyed. My bad guys...By the way Planet is working on sq stuff now ....6.5” 2-way audiophile component speaker system
· Poly-Treated Paper Cone

· Santoprene Surround

· “Open Design” Cast Aluminum Basket

· 3-inch Black Anodized Aluminum

· Voice Coil Former

· Woven Tinsel Leads

· 1” Silk Soft Dome Tweeters with Neodymium Magnets

· 24dB Passive Crossover Network with Tweeter Protection Circuit

Power Handling (Peak)
300W

Power Handling (Continuous)
150W

Frequency Response
25Hz-22kHz

Crossover Slope @ 4.5kHz
24dB/octave

Efficiency (1 Watt/1 Meter)
93 dB

Impedance
4 Ohm

Mid Bass Woofer Diameter
6-1/2”

Soft Dome Tweeter Diameter
1”

Woofer Magnet Structure
25 Oz

Passive Crossover Network
2-Way

Mounting Depth
2-5/8”

Products Support News Technology About Us Contact Gallery Careers Dealer Locator
Back to top Go down
FUZ-T.C.C.
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
FUZ-T.C.C.

PostSubject: Re: Focal and Vibe Speakers   focal - Focal and Vibe Speakers Icon_minitimeWed Oct 21, 2009 10:55 am

Sound good???
PLANET AUDIO is proud to announce the release of its new BB65PRO 6.5” audiophile component system. This incredible sounding component set features a 6.5” poly-treated paper cone with a santoprene surround and anti- resonant “open design” cast aluminum basket for true high fidelity sound reproduction. The 3-inch anodized aluminum voice coil and flat spider ensure increased power handling and perfect linearity. The 1-inch silk soft dome tweeter maintains clear and smooth upper frequency reproduction and with flush and surface mounting capabilities it offers ease and flexibility in installation.

PLANET AUDIO agree that creating the optimum sound field in a vehicle requires versatile placement. Our new Big Bang 6½” component speaker system is the best choice. The BB625C will perhaps be the best sounding speaker you have heard.

PLANET AUDIO’s engineers started with our patented CRS (Cloth Reinforced Santoprene) Surround then added a light-weight and durable glass-fiber cone for optimum mid-bass reproduction. A silk soft dome tweeter was then added creating a component speaker system that is nothing short of incredible.

To complement our BB625C, our engineers developed the Big Bang Series of speakers. Featuring the same technologies as our BB625C component system, these co-axial speakers are the perfect addition to any sound system. The Big Bang Series of co-axial speakers are actually speaker systems that can be run with either the included passive crossover or they can be bi-amped to optimize response and efficiency.
Back to top Go down
FUZ-T.C.C.
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
FUZ-T.C.C.

PostSubject: Re: Focal and Vibe Speakers   focal - Focal and Vibe Speakers Icon_minitimeWed Oct 21, 2009 10:57 am

We are doing a full planet sq install in that Tiberon soon. You will se us next year! Ill post pics to keep you all informed of progress.
Back to top Go down
bmuhammad1
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Focal and Vibe Speakers   focal - Focal and Vibe Speakers Icon_minitimeWed Oct 21, 2009 11:06 am

Aww no problem man. Ive heard of and listened to Planet Audio before. I was directing my comment to my man Sketoe. So yeah...Im looking at doing another SQ vehicle and was looking at the Vibe Speakers and was just wondering if they were decent for a SQ set up. You know...the good and bad specs ect.
Back to top Go down
FUZ-T.C.C.
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
FUZ-T.C.C.

PostSubject: Re: Focal and Vibe Speakers   focal - Focal and Vibe Speakers Icon_minitimeWed Oct 21, 2009 11:28 pm

bmuhammad1 wrote:
Aww no problem man. Ive heard of and listened to Planet Audio before. I was directing my comment to my man Sketoe. So yeah...Im looking at doing another SQ vehicle and was looking at the Vibe Speakers and was just wondering if they were decent for a SQ set up. You know...the good and bad specs ect.

Oh I see,like I said man not bad from the ear.But I dont know jack bout sq lol.The black death line is the best bet if you try anything from vibe.
Back to top Go down
Crush
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor

Number of posts : 167
Registration date : 2007-09-10

PostSubject: Re: Focal and Vibe Speakers   focal - Focal and Vibe Speakers Icon_minitimeWed Oct 21, 2009 11:47 pm

alot of people will say listen to them all.

i will just say that most car audio is entry level and low level.

Focal is not......Speakers it's what they do man.....
Back to top Go down
Cablguy
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
Cablguy

Number of posts : 335
Registration date : 2009-07-28

PostSubject: Re: Focal and Vibe Speakers   focal - Focal and Vibe Speakers Icon_minitimeThu Oct 22, 2009 1:40 am

Sound Quality is all about trial and error ... put a set in, if i sounds good to you, keep em ... if not, try another ... everybody has a different opinion and pocket book ... i've learned that sounding good and winning sq comps. is totally different ... especially when installation is a major part in sq ... "speaker location is very important" ... to most people, some drive fords, others drive chevys. depends on what you want out of your vehicle ... I personally like Old School Stuff ... worked good for me at finals ... hopefully do better next year ...
Back to top Go down
BBGIC
Big Bald Guy in Charge
Big Bald Guy in Charge
BBGIC

Number of posts : 2358
Registration date : 2007-06-22

PostSubject: Re: Focal and Vibe Speakers   focal - Focal and Vibe Speakers Icon_minitimeThu Oct 22, 2009 8:40 am

FUZ-T.C.C.-HK wrote:
OnYrMrk wrote:

Naw,he just couldnt figure out what i was trying to say.You would have to be a tard to pick not pick focal. I was mearley pointing from vibe to planet...Our product is newer and not alotta ppl know about it yet. Im now a part of Team Planet Audio and Im trying to raise awarness of our products.

Team Planet Audio? Nice to see Tony taking an interest again. Good luck with the product and the team.
Back to top Go down
http://www.soundoff.org
jayhawkblk
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
jayhawkblk

Number of posts : 331
Registration date : 2007-06-28

PostSubject: Re: Focal and Vibe Speakers   focal - Focal and Vibe Speakers Icon_minitimeThu Oct 22, 2009 9:29 am

Muhammad, I would also look at stuff from Rainbow and DLS just my 2 cents.
Back to top Go down
FUZ-T.C.C.
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
FUZ-T.C.C.

PostSubject: Re: Focal and Vibe Speakers   focal - Focal and Vibe Speakers Icon_minitimeThu Oct 22, 2009 6:21 pm

USACI wrote:
FUZ-T.C.C.-HK wrote:
OnYrMrk wrote:

Team Planet Audio? Nice to see Tony taking an interest again. Good luck with the product and the team.

Tony,Dont know him yet.I been doing buisness with Aj mulhurn and Jeff Betancourt.They are who ive been reporting to. I ran all planet on stock alt and no batts just oem power with a 1350 watt amp and 2 15s putting out 148's So I had good luck with Planet last year but its gonna be great next year!
Back to top Go down
FUZ-T.C.C.
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
FUZ-T.C.C.

PostSubject: Re: Focal and Vibe Speakers   focal - Focal and Vibe Speakers Icon_minitimeThu Oct 22, 2009 6:22 pm

but thanks ralph!
Back to top Go down
Maldonadosqs
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
Maldonadosqs

Number of posts : 101
Registration date : 2009-04-16

PostSubject: Re: Focal and Vibe Speakers   focal - Focal and Vibe Speakers Icon_minitimeSun Oct 25, 2009 10:07 pm

Hi I have been competing 2 years with tweeter focal audiom tlr,and dls iridium midrange,and midbass iridium subwoofer image dynamics 15idq have had great results with them in sq. But this year in the world final usaci 09 chance my amps precision power pc2150,pc2150 and pc450 for 2 amps DLS A7 the sound veri natural in my car. Saludos my friend Bmuhammad1..........

Juan maldonado
mustang gt 06 red colorado
world final usaci 07,08, and 09
team marrufo and audio fx
clarion-focal-dls-image dynamics
Back to top Go down
bmuhammad1
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Focal and Vibe Speakers   focal - Focal and Vibe Speakers Icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2009 2:05 pm

Hye Juan how are you doing. Good to hear from you man. Im trying to get some new Focal speakers for my car but I might do another SQ car also. Just figuring out what kind of speakers to get for it. the second car would be nothing to serious. But for MY car Im trying to get the new K2P three way comp. And then redo some of my intall to get more points. I didnt do to well at Finals so we gotta get it together.
Back to top Go down
OnYrMrk
OnYrMrk

Number of posts : 893
Registration date : 2007-11-04

PostSubject: Re: Focal and Vibe Speakers   focal - Focal and Vibe Speakers Icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2009 7:08 pm

Muhammad, I have some Focal K3ps for sale in the For Sale section
Back to top Go down
http://www.scentsy.com/wallis
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Focal and Vibe Speakers   focal - Focal and Vibe Speakers Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Focal and Vibe Speakers
Page 1 of 1