Mobile Audio Competitors Organization
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE LOUDEST SPORT ON EARTH!

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Joint Finals a success. USACI numbers down due to very remote (from USACI) location but better than expected. Results posted on web site.
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» STETSOM 7KD
SQ Committee For Further Exposure Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2020 7:37 pm by big bass joel

» any blown stetsom 7kd or 2k6d amps for sale
SQ Committee For Further Exposure Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2020 7:32 pm by big bass joel

» We need the forums back
SQ Committee For Further Exposure Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2019 2:41 pm by svillarrial

» THIS OLD FORUM IS ALIVE!!!! 6/14/17
SQ Committee For Further Exposure Icon_minitimeFri Sep 22, 2017 11:11 pm by 80INCHES

» It's back up !
SQ Committee For Further Exposure Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2016 7:03 pm by chrisfish

» 2 Atomic apocalypse 12s D4
SQ Committee For Further Exposure Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2016 12:53 am by supersquirt

» well hello
SQ Committee For Further Exposure Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2015 5:46 am by TAMU

» WELLLWELLL
SQ Committee For Further Exposure Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 4:24 pm by Nice

» SLAMBOREE AUG 1 & 2
SQ Committee For Further Exposure Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2015 12:14 pm by Pro_Mom

Top posters
sanman
SQ Committee For Further Exposure Vote_lcapSQ Committee For Further Exposure Voting_barSQ Committee For Further Exposure Vote_rcap 
The_Rowlands
SQ Committee For Further Exposure Vote_lcapSQ Committee For Further Exposure Voting_barSQ Committee For Further Exposure Vote_rcap 
chrisfish
Stingraysevenout
scionsoloxb
TECH114
Alan
supadave
Moparbass28
Navi
Statistics
We have 1855 registered users
The newest registered user is Farenheit

Our users have posted a total of 222582 messages in 12665 subjects
Keywords
stereo 2010 globe record world disc kyle silence drive pics records songs quad dollar crank broken crzyblondgrl Audiopipe 80inches chef finals louisiana build Johncarr contest state
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of United States Autosound Competition International on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of Mobile Audio Competitors Organization on your social bookmarking website

SQ Committee For Further Exposure

Go down 
+10
tijuana_no
Champion
jayhawkblk
jowens500
Stingraysevenout
autosoundtex
BBGIC
Chris's Studio Civic
genxx
OnYrMrk
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
OnYrMrk
Above Average Contributor
OnYrMrk

Number of posts : 893
Registration date : 2007-11-04

SQ Committee For Further Exposure Empty
PostSubject: SQ Committee For Further Exposure   SQ Committee For Further Exposure Icon_minitimeThu Oct 15, 2009 7:10 pm

Greetings,

Sound Quality as a whole has dwindled in numbers for quite some time. We as sound quality enthusiasts have been fighting amongst ourselves to try and get things changed to help get the word out to try and pump up the numbers at shows.

We have tried rule changes, we have tried removing SPL and RTA, we have taken out power classes, and none of these have worked. Now we need to do some foot work to try and get the word out to our local shops, some manufacturers and even to some national media that Sound Quality competition is not just a bunch of guys throwing speakers and amps in a car to make them go boom! No offense to SPL guys, you guys are awesome at your craft.

We are enthusiasts that are more closely related to audiophiles. The public needs to see that. We have clean installs that show off the product (aka manufacturers products) that produce the sounds that is pleasing to the ears. We have installs that are pleasing to the eyes, and our cars, most of them, are also show quality rides.

It has been proposed by Mr. Scott Buwalda that someone needs to take the reigns and get some phone calls out, shake some hands of execs, and put the word out about our sport.

Those that have stepped up to the plate:

Joe Wallis
Brian Souter
Chris Pate
Jimbo
Val (autosoundtex)
Jason Owens
Marquies Weaver
Ruperto Aguilar
Gary Biggs
Mark Eldridge
Nick Wingate
Rob Rice ( Car Toys Tulsa )
John Sketoe

This will be a part time position, no pay, and no recognition. You will be treated just like any other SQ competitor. We don't do this for fame, but rather to promote our passion for this sport/hobby.

Will you step up to the plate and join us?

Please reply to this thread and be serious. I will ask that all non serious posts be deleted by a moderator. We need to get the ball rolling on this. Also, since SQ is a global thing, some of the Mexico guys, USAC europe, any of you guys are also very welcome to join up with us. All are welcome!

Looking forward to sharing this hobby to the world with you!

Joe Wallis

Last edited by OnYrMrk on Mon Nov 09, 2009 12:45 am; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.scentsy.com/wallis
genxx
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor

Number of posts : 134
Registration date : 2009-05-26

PostSubject: Re: SQ Committee For Further Exposure   SQ Committee For Further Exposure Icon_minitimeFri Oct 16, 2009 7:51 pm

Joe give me a call.

I am currently working several things.

Again for anyone that would like to attend or help out.

I will be working with Advantage Audio in Norman, OK to host another Get together for this year.

This event was the brain child of Jason Owens the install manager at Advantage Audio. Between Jason, Jordon, Me and all the other guys at Advantage Audio it was a great success.

Right now we are 99% sure it will be hosted with the Oklahoma GM Performance car club. They have some great cars.

Hopefully Eric will be willing to bring his Skyline out again. No not the US version or current version the Japan only one.LOL

This is not a competition but a way for the general public to come out, meet SQ enthusiast, competitiors and listen to our rides.

We had JL audios Audio Control RTA with 180 SPL mic there also. Anyone could bring there ride through for free and do SPL and anyone that wanted could use the RTA also.

We also had many SQ enthusiast/competitors that were willing to talk to people about their specific car/truck and what could be done to improve their sound.

There is not entry fee, food is free, door prizes are free entry also. The only thing we charge for is raffle tickets this helps the shop break even. They were $1 each that's it.

For the 2009 raffle this is what we had:
Hertz Amp
Hertz 3-way Hi-Energy comp. speakers
2 Pair of Zapco comp. speakers
Eclipse Subs
Pioneer HU
Digital Design Sub and free box design for their specific vehicle

These were all donated by the manufactures and anyone that came to the store could win.

I expect the raffle prizes to be much the same this next year.

Any manufacture that wanted or wants to bring product set-up a table to show what they offer is welcome free of charge.

We are working on hosting a USACi show also this year. We plan to try and grow both events each year.

We are hoping by getting people out to the get together they will come back and compete at the show.

Also I am working with a small car audio shop in Duncan, OK where I live to host a show.

For these shows to be a success remember we need the competitors to come out. To the get together and the local shows.

Also if you are part of a manufacture Team please try and work with that manufacture to get involved in whatever you can put together. Even if it is just getting people like Scott, Gary, Mark, Robert ect. to come out and interact with the general public.

This serves to purposes:
1. It always people to interact with the Manufacture directly and answer questions.
2. For the general public to interact with people they have seen in magazines and on TV.

If you are whiling to host a get together let me know. I will work with you.

These get together's are growing across the US. These are SQ enthusiast getting together. They are also the one's heavily interested in SQ. This is a way to work to get them involved in the SQ competition scene.

Last edited by genxx on Tue Oct 20, 2009 3:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Chris's Studio Civic

Number of posts : 687
Registration date : 2007-07-23

PostSubject: Re: SQ Committee For Further Exposure   SQ Committee For Further Exposure Icon_minitimeSat Oct 17, 2009 6:22 pm

If you guys need some help. You know my number. If I can help out in any way let me know.
Back to top Go down
OnYrMrk
OnYrMrk

PostSubject: Re: SQ Committee For Further Exposure   SQ Committee For Further Exposure Icon_minitimeSat Oct 17, 2009 7:07 pm

Thanks Chris, we really appreciate it. I will be calling you to shoot the breeze sometime soon anyway!
Back to top Go down
genxx
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor

PostSubject: Re: SQ Committee For Further Exposure   SQ Committee For Further Exposure Icon_minitimeSat Oct 17, 2009 7:35 pm

Chris-Would be great if we could get a get together done at your shop this upcoming year.

I am sure Dave Seal will have his in the DFW area again this year also.

A little further south would be great.
Back to top Go down
genxx
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor

PostSubject: Re: SQ Committee For Further Exposure   SQ Committee For Further Exposure Icon_minitimeSat Oct 17, 2009 7:36 pm

I have a few people to call to see if they also be interested in doing a get together.

Don't forget the goal with shops doing get together's serves several purposes.

1. Interaction with possible new competitors

2. Shop gets foot traffic which means possible sales and comp. cars to build

3. Manufactures opportunity to join in for free

4. Ultimately leading to your shop hosting a local USACi event.

Most important is make them fun for everyone that comes out.
Back to top Go down
BBGIC
Big Bald Guy in Charge
Big Bald Guy in Charge
BBGIC

Number of posts : 2358
Registration date : 2007-06-22

PostSubject: Re: SQ Committee For Further Exposure   SQ Committee For Further Exposure Icon_minitimeMon Oct 19, 2009 2:39 pm

USACI is 100% behind this effort. Anything you guys need just give us a call. Names, numbers, etc. Maybe we can do an appreciation show or dinner or seomthing for he guys who help with the effort. Lets un know your thoughts.

This sport needs this sort of support.
Back to top Go down
http://www.soundoff.org
OnYrMrk
OnYrMrk

PostSubject: Re: SQ Committee For Further Exposure   SQ Committee For Further Exposure Icon_minitimeMon Oct 19, 2009 3:46 pm

Chris's Studio Civic wrote:
If you guys need some help. You know my number. If I can help out in any way let me know.

Chris, I will be calling the Shop today around 4 pm or so to discuss a few thoughts I had discussed with Brian earlier.

Ralph, thank you so much for the support. Brian, Chris and I will work hard to help bring SQ numbers back up here at USACi.

Brian, thank you so much for your input. I am excited about working with you in this effort.
Back to top Go down
autosoundtex

Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2009-10-20

PostSubject: Re: SQ Committee For Further Exposure   SQ Committee For Further Exposure Icon_minitimeTue Oct 20, 2009 12:14 pm

My name is Val Vlassis a lot of you will remember me I used to own Auto Sound Arlington. This is a subject that means a lot to me and I would like to help. I would also like to talk about why most of these competitors have quit the competing. SQ comp. was created to help shops increase business by hosting competitions. In the last 12 plus years SPL has done a much better job of this. They have made classes that are easy to understand and been very consistent of the judging of these classes, they have also been consistent on there rules for these classes. I think there is lessons to be learned from this that can help SQ grow again. Now please don’t get me wrong I love SQ this is just what I have noticed over the past years. We also have to find a way to make this fun for everyone. In basic terms we all have to loosing up a little. We can no longer be the boring side of the room.

Just some thoughts
Val Vlassis

Builder of 14 World Champs
USACi , IASCA, TOW, NACA
Back to top Go down
Stingraysevenout
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
Stingraysevenout

Number of posts : 6002
Registration date : 2007-06-23

PostSubject: Re: SQ Committee For Further Exposure   SQ Committee For Further Exposure Icon_minitimeTue Oct 20, 2009 2:34 pm

Hey Val whatzzzzz up bro..????

If i can help out let me know too......
Back to top Go down
jowens500

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2009-10-20

PostSubject: Re: SQ Committee For Further Exposure   SQ Committee For Further Exposure Icon_minitimeTue Oct 20, 2009 3:25 pm

You guys already know that I'm in for whatever is needed. I have the perfect place for holding these G2G, as seen by this years. I think I'm going to keep the two events separate. Doing the G2G in the spring and the contest a few months later.

Jason
Back to top Go down
genxx
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor

PostSubject: Re: SQ Committee For Further Exposure   SQ Committee For Further Exposure Icon_minitimeTue Oct 20, 2009 3:30 pm

I am ready to help out again this year. Looks like we may have even more people interested in helping out and coming this year.

Which would be great.

Thanks to Chris, Jason and Advantage Audio for hosting these things.
Back to top Go down
jayhawkblk
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
jayhawkblk

Number of posts : 331
Registration date : 2007-06-28

PostSubject: Re: SQ Committee For Further Exposure   SQ Committee For Further Exposure Icon_minitimeWed Oct 21, 2009 9:38 am

Hey Joe, just let me know what you need. I'm game to help.
Back to top Go down
OnYrMrk
OnYrMrk

PostSubject: Re: SQ Committee For Further Exposure   SQ Committee For Further Exposure Icon_minitimeWed Oct 21, 2009 10:31 am

I think we need to set up a meeting to go over the plan of action. Since we seem to be in the Oklahoma, Texas and Kansas areas, maybe meet here in OKC for a meeting. I can work with Brian here and come up with an agenda. I want to get out there and "press the flesh" so to speak with corporations, but, we need a plan of action to make it happen.

Brian, call me friday to discuss this.

Thanks Marquies, I appreciate you!
Back to top Go down
OnYrMrk
OnYrMrk

PostSubject: Re: SQ Committee For Further Exposure   SQ Committee For Further Exposure Icon_minitimeSun Oct 25, 2009 2:24 pm

I am going to set up an "invite only" club on Facebook that will allow us to communicate openly about how to further this hobby we have. If you don't have facebook, don't worry, all discussions will be added to this thread so that you will get the updates. I just wanted to give you guys a chance to voice your opinions quickly and amongst each other. If you guys can give me your email addresses, I will send you a link to the site once I get it all set up. This includes you too Ralph.

Gary and Mark, I know that you guys haven't officially mentioned that you want to help out, but we are planning on promoting this hobby, and that is what you guys want to do. I may need some of your " clout " so to speak to try and get some shows set up around Scottsdale Arizona in January.

Kompressor aka George S. if you can help out, I would be mighty honored to have you as part of the team. Your influence out in that region would be very beneficial later.

Please pm me your email addresses guys. We will get this ball rolling today. Have a great Sunday!

--Joe
Back to top Go down
OnYrMrk
OnYrMrk

PostSubject: Re: SQ Committee For Further Exposure   SQ Committee For Further Exposure Icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 7:25 pm

Well here is the latest. I am working with Mark E and Gary B to help promote SQ. We have our first meeting Saturday 12 pm with an official starting time of 3pm. I will pm each of you who showed some interest to see if you can make this trip to Bixby Oklahoma Saturday. If you do have time, post up on the thread that I opened for Mark Eldridge today. Hope to see you guys there Saturday!

--Joe
Back to top Go down
BBGIC
Big Bald Guy in Charge
Big Bald Guy in Charge
BBGIC

PostSubject: Re: SQ Committee For Further Exposure   SQ Committee For Further Exposure Icon_minitimeWed Nov 04, 2009 3:55 pm

I would like to attend but I have already signed up for duty this weekend. I would hate to not make it!
Back to top Go down
BBGIC
Big Bald Guy in Charge
Big Bald Guy in Charge
BBGIC

PostSubject: Re: SQ Committee For Further Exposure   SQ Committee For Further Exposure Icon_minitimeWed Nov 04, 2009 3:56 pm

Why are you posting for Mark?
Back to top Go down
Champion
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor

Number of posts : 384
Registration date : 2009-03-19

PostSubject: Re: SQ Committee For Further Exposure   SQ Committee For Further Exposure Icon_minitimeWed Nov 04, 2009 4:08 pm

the competiton club is a great idea and a greta place for us all to start, and allows alot of people to see each other face to face verses keyboards... lets try to get together on a day that works beter for evryone,,,, lets figure out what we as competitors can do to help the orgs, i cant do this weekend.. sorry, guys... gb
Back to top Go down
genxx
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor

PostSubject: Re: SQ Committee For Further Exposure   SQ Committee For Further Exposure Icon_minitimeWed Nov 04, 2009 4:30 pm

Mark said his account is blocked or something to that affect.
Back to top Go down
tijuana_no
tijuana_no

Number of posts : 709
Registration date : 2007-09-12

PostSubject: Re: SQ Committee For Further Exposure   SQ Committee For Further Exposure Icon_minitimeThu Nov 05, 2009 12:01 am

great job.
anything i can do to help , please feel free to ask .
Back to top Go down
OnYrMrk
OnYrMrk

PostSubject: Re: SQ Committee For Further Exposure   SQ Committee For Further Exposure Icon_minitimeThu Nov 05, 2009 9:47 pm

I had a brain fart this evening and had an epiphany.

Sonic Drive In Corporation is based out of Oklahoma City Ok. I just thought that maybe if I can get in to speak with their promotional guru, I could pitch this idea.

Have a SONIC Series! At designated locations around the USA (Wherever Sonic is located) get with them to hold a Car Show/Sound Quality sound off. Have a local BAM audio shop sponsor the show, and have it at the Sonic Drive In's. This would mean excellent sales for the Sonic, the sponsoring shop could bring out some product to sell, and we can get a few judges to come out and judge the cars.

USAC can be a part of this and all entry fees go back to USAC.

It is a win win situation for everyone. Possible specials on food, drinks, and the exposure for Sonic, the Brick and Mortar and USACi for car shows and SQ comps.

If this sort of thing can happen, who is to say that a major corporation in your neck of the woods might be able to do the same thing. All this is is Marketing..it isn't rocket science.

Any ideas on this? I am open to suggestions. Also, I wouldn't mind if there were some Mover's and Shaker's that might want to go in and talk with them with me.

Discuss!
Back to top Go down
jayhawkblk
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
jayhawkblk

Number of posts : 331
Registration date : 2007-06-28

PostSubject: Re: SQ Committee For Further Exposure   SQ Committee For Further Exposure Icon_minitimeFri Nov 06, 2009 10:45 am

That is not a bad concept. I know the Sonics up here hold hot rod nights on Fridays during the spring and summer time. No granted they are not comps but they draw crowds.
Back to top Go down
genxx
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor

PostSubject: Re: SQ Committee For Further Exposure   SQ Committee For Further Exposure Icon_minitimeFri Nov 06, 2009 11:09 am

Joe I am whiling to help put something together and if I can get off work to go to Sonic.

We need to put something together like a Slide Show for a pitch.

I will call you today.
Back to top Go down
OnYrMrk
OnYrMrk

PostSubject: Re: SQ Committee For Further Exposure   SQ Committee For Further Exposure Icon_minitimeFri Nov 06, 2009 11:43 am

Works for me brother. BTW, do you still want to make the trek to T-Town?
Back to top Go down
robrice
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
robrice

Number of posts : 130
Registration date : 2009-08-09

PostSubject: Re: SQ Committee For Further Exposure   SQ Committee For Further Exposure Icon_minitimeSat Nov 07, 2009 8:44 am

I would like to join in and help in any way I can.
Rob rice
Back to top Go down
PerformanceTyler
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
PerformanceTyler

Number of posts : 299
Registration date : 2007-08-19

PostSubject: Re: SQ Committee For Further Exposure   SQ Committee For Further Exposure Icon_minitimeSat Nov 07, 2009 12:25 pm

Whataburger is another idea. Here they have a cruise night once a month and it attracts tons of cars. I will ask around to see if this is a possibility.
Back to top Go down
jsketoe
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor

Number of posts : 1587
Registration date : 2007-06-23

PostSubject: Re: SQ Committee For Further Exposure   SQ Committee For Further Exposure Icon_minitimeSat Nov 07, 2009 6:16 pm

(*&(*^&$^&^%....don't tell Crowder...LMAO.
Back to top Go down
8675309v2

Number of posts : 48
Registration date : 2009-08-15

PostSubject: Re: SQ Committee For Further Exposure   SQ Committee For Further Exposure Icon_minitimeSat Nov 07, 2009 8:17 pm

LOL
jsketoe wrote:
(*&(*^&$^&^%....don't tell Crowder...LMAO.
Back to top Go down
Champion
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor

Number of posts : 384
Registration date : 2009-03-19

PostSubject: Re: SQ Committee For Further Exposure   SQ Committee For Further Exposure Icon_minitimeSun Nov 08, 2009 7:01 pm

Hustler magazine also started her in oklahoma.... imagine the bikini contest?!?!?!?!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SQ Committee For Further Exposure   SQ Committee For Further Exposure Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

SQ Committee For Further Exposure
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Mobile Audio Competitors Organization :: GENERAL DISCUSSION :: SOUND QUALITY DISCUSSION :: SOUND QUALITY-
Jump to: