Mobile Audio Competitors Organization
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE LOUDEST SPORT ON EARTH!

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Joint Finals a success. USACI numbers down due to very remote (from USACI) location but better than expected. Results posted on web site.
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» STETSOM 7KD
finals - ideas form previous shows / finals Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2020 7:37 pm by big bass joel

» any blown stetsom 7kd or 2k6d amps for sale
finals - ideas form previous shows / finals Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2020 7:32 pm by big bass joel

» We need the forums back
finals - ideas form previous shows / finals Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2019 2:41 pm by svillarrial

» THIS OLD FORUM IS ALIVE!!!! 6/14/17
finals - ideas form previous shows / finals Icon_minitimeFri Sep 22, 2017 11:11 pm by 80INCHES

» It's back up !
finals - ideas form previous shows / finals Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2016 7:03 pm by chrisfish

» 2 Atomic apocalypse 12s D4
finals - ideas form previous shows / finals Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2016 12:53 am by supersquirt

» well hello
finals - ideas form previous shows / finals Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2015 5:46 am by TAMU

» WELLLWELLL
finals - ideas form previous shows / finals Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 4:24 pm by Nice

» SLAMBOREE AUG 1 & 2
finals - ideas form previous shows / finals Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2015 12:14 pm by Pro_Mom

Top posters
sanman
finals - ideas form previous shows / finals Vote_lcapfinals - ideas form previous shows / finals Voting_barfinals - ideas form previous shows / finals Vote_rcap 
The_Rowlands
finals - ideas form previous shows / finals Vote_lcapfinals - ideas form previous shows / finals Voting_barfinals - ideas form previous shows / finals Vote_rcap 
chrisfish
Stingraysevenout
scionsoloxb
TECH114
Alan
supadave
Moparbass28
Navi
Statistics
We have 1855 registered users
The newest registered user is Farenheit

Our users have posted a total of 222582 messages in 12665 subjects
Keywords
disc contest record drive build songs pics chef quad louisiana silence crzyblondgrl Johncarr records kyle stereo crank broken dollar Audiopipe world finals globe state 2010 80inches
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of United States Autosound Competition International on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of Mobile Audio Competitors Organization on your social bookmarking website

ideas form previous shows / finals

Go down 
+10
STREETBEATZ19
supadave
Talonesi
Stingraysevenout
scoupen
bruce-bruce
Mike Jaffe
AceFrealy
taz
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
taz
Above Average Contributor
taz

Number of posts : 797
Registration date : 2007-06-29

finals - ideas form previous shows / finals Empty
PostSubject: ideas form previous shows / finals   finals - ideas form previous shows / finals Icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2009 11:10 am

ok this is meant to be positive ..i spoke to a few judges at finals , we have said we dont have a maeting at finals , well even if we did what good would it do at finals , how about each region or state or whatever , has a meeting , list it as or at a show , or have directors/judges contact shops or teams and have a lunch with some of us soon to get things done asap foe this season .
example; NOT starting anything but with my suggestion that i think most have read ......... we liked the time slots , show went faster , if on saturday you know you are having problems and your five minutes to fix cant do it you must run before end of show on saturday , if not im sorry but you do have all year.
sundays reruns must have run on saturday first. There will always be what ifs and break downs, so a weak or so before finals pick a few competitors that every one says yes to, i trust so and so and if the unexpected comes up its up to the chosen to decide not a judge or ralph as they are already busy enough , they dont need to be put on the spot. i am sure it is hard to make a on the spot decision , so lets help out . What you think? more ideas please.
Back to top Go down
taz
taz

PostSubject: Re: ideas form previous shows / finals   finals - ideas form previous shows / finals Icon_minitimeThu Oct 08, 2009 12:53 pm

so 32 read this and no one has anything to add , we "Female dog" about this and that but thats it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ideas form previous shows / finals   finals - ideas form previous shows / finals Icon_minitimeThu Oct 08, 2009 6:06 pm

taz wrote:
so 32 read this and no one has anything to add , we "Female dog" about this and that but thats it.

Now you see what we go thru trying to get feedback from competitors

I did think however this was the best World Finals USACi has ever had and the time slots helped alot.
Back to top Go down
AceFrealy
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
AceFrealy

Number of posts : 266
Registration date : 2008-04-29

PostSubject: Re: ideas form previous shows / finals   finals - ideas form previous shows / finals Icon_minitimeThu Oct 08, 2009 8:02 pm

I like the idea that you sould have to run on Sat. and that if you didnt you cant rerun on sunday.
Back to top Go down
Mike Jaffe
Mike Jaffe

Number of posts : 640
Registration date : 2007-06-22

PostSubject: Re: ideas form previous shows / finals   finals - ideas form previous shows / finals Icon_minitimeSun Oct 11, 2009 10:19 am

Time slots: I agree. The application of dealing with "what if's" may need a little tweaking but overall, it was awesome.

Re-runs should be exactly that, re-reuns, not first time runs a day after you couldn't make it. I know that there are sometimes circumstances beyond our control, sometimes called "sh!t happens", but there's also the issue of fairness to the competitors that complied with the criteria.

Breakdowns happen. That again falls under the "sh!t happens" category. Happens to everyone at one time or another. I am always sympathetic but we can't run the race over or a day later because your wheels fell off.

Taz, your post was very positive in attitude and on behalf of USACi, I appreciated reading it. On the other hand, it's difficult to not get discouraged by the lack of interest or responses exhibited by your fellow competitors. Just remember that in almost every organization, 90% of the work and decision making is done by less than 10% of the membership.

Good luck this season.
Back to top Go down
bruce-bruce
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor

Number of posts : 1361
Registration date : 2008-06-25

PostSubject: Re: ideas form previous shows / finals   finals - ideas form previous shows / finals Icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2009 9:02 am

all stated comments are very true...

Lack of response could be a result of lack of action on other areas that people have inquired about. But its not important here. What is important is learning from what works re applying it, and taking what dosent work and fixing it.

Time slots were wonderful IMHO. This was the smoothest ran finals of all that I have attended. I do thing Mike is right and that the what ifs need to be discussed. I was one that didnt run at all on Saturday, and paid to re run on sunday. Obviously I couldnt run. Taz you seen my mess, haha. I feel it would have been wrong to tell me that I couldnt run on sunday. I do think that there need to be guidelines. In the building by here, or no go. Registered and class pikced by this time or no go. So on so forth. And the judges use there discression for other situations. I also think when these arise there should be a small panel judges and competitors to make the decesion so that its a consensus.

As far as member meeting goes, this SHOULD be held at finals. I say after saturdays runs, and before the after party. Screw the party if its a conflict. The ORG and its competitors are more important. There are lots of things that could be quicky discussed and resolved with the competing body there present. These are the ones that made the hike. Yes there are some not present. and the judges and committee can represent the over all consensus from the regions. SO it will be covered. This should be a top priority.
I would like to see any rule changes and and rules over all out by jan 15 of 2010

I also think that any letter sent to rules and ethics should be put on the forum, leaving the sender blank. so that others can see what is being discussed and have a oppt to share there opinon. As well as the final result posted for all to see, other than just the sender.

I also think the competitors should have a committee. There was one, began to be effective but it fell apart when I had all my Crap happen. I would be willing to help with this again. with a revamped committed of some of this 10% that you speak of mike. I think that committee should be actively involved in rules and ethics with decessions made. Help with input on rules clarifications, so on and so forth. We have got to figure out how to get this thing back..

Obviously 40k in advertising didnt do it. There are enough people in this org that we can do it. What about a spectator poll... You charge admission, offer a 2 dollar refund or something when they leave the show if they take 5 mins to feel out a poll. What you liked, what you didnt like, would you pay to come again next yr. what would you like to see more of, where vehicles open for you to see, so on and so forth.
\
Im willing to be part of the soloution.
Back to top Go down
scoupen
scoupen

Number of posts : 562
Registration date : 2007-06-26

PostSubject: Re: ideas form previous shows / finals   finals - ideas form previous shows / finals Icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2009 10:26 am

I think time slots were a great idea....but they need to be stuck to....if you can't make it, you are DQ, period....no rerun. You had all year to make sure your stuff was ready for the big show. Finals is not the time to be working on your vehicles, it's the time for it to be opened up with your best PR smile on for the spectators that DO show up and have questions.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/sbaudio
bruce-bruce
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor

PostSubject: Re: ideas form previous shows / finals   finals - ideas form previous shows / finals Icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2009 10:35 am

while i do agree, with you eric. people have failures, and if they happen it will be here, as this is where you push it, In my case my alt went out on the way down. didnt know it was drawing from my batts, causing my voltage to drop extremly low during system operation, causing amps to clip and burning up coils. I think it would suck to have been not able to run. but if thats what they decide then thats it. Im good, I will just buy more spairs.
Back to top Go down
Stingraysevenout
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
Stingraysevenout

Number of posts : 6002
Registration date : 2007-06-23

PostSubject: Re: ideas form previous shows / finals   finals - ideas form previous shows / finals Icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2009 10:40 am

I for one liked the time slots and i completely agree about the SAT or NOTHING RULE.. But sorry other than that i dont know what to say about it so like my momma said if i dont have anything good to say well then.....

PEACE OUT GUYS.... I hope it gets figured out... Sometimes our organization is kinda like a freaking woman..... Just blows
Back to top Go down
bruce-bruce
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor

PostSubject: Re: ideas form previous shows / finals   finals - ideas form previous shows / finals Icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2009 10:41 am

but jimbo explain more

do you feel run sat or not at all? no matter if your there or not? or ?

Its all good convo
Back to top Go down
scoupen
scoupen

Number of posts : 562

PostSubject: Re: ideas form previous shows / finals   finals - ideas form previous shows / finals Icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2009 10:43 am

ahhh, I see, I've been the victim of the powermaster internal regulator as well.....had two go on the same vehicle before I had Ohio fix them. I see what you are saying, but the failures SHOULD come in the lanes....which means that you had ran, which would make you eligible for a RErun. The problem is that everyone sits in their pitstall and thinks that they are going to find another db at the big show they should have already been prepared for. So yeah, there will be failures when people are burping their cars full tilt all day long in the pit stall....
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/sbaudio
bruce-bruce
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor

PostSubject: Re: ideas form previous shows / finals   finals - ideas form previous shows / finals Icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2009 10:48 am

I see your point now...

and your right. I was not only trying to fix mine, but trying to find more in it.

So i could have pushed it to the lanes and done basically nothing? but been there and attempted? then re ran...

i opted to go talk to judge explained whats up, and then paid for re run to do on sunday.
Back to top Go down
bruce-bruce
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor

PostSubject: Re: ideas form previous shows / finals   finals - ideas form previous shows / finals Icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2009 10:48 am

on the flip side the vehicle was WIDE open all weekend, and I took time to talk to everyone that wanted to even with the problems. As i agree very much with you as that is what we should be doing.
Back to top Go down
Stingraysevenout
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
Stingraysevenout

PostSubject: Re: ideas form previous shows / finals   finals - ideas form previous shows / finals Icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2009 10:50 am

Yep i said i agree on the Sat or nothing at all rule.... I would ride that wave to the end. Sorry not very constructive today thats why mine was short... Ill always be there no worries there but yes im very very stongly for if you not there and put up even a weak sauce number on saturday then unless your dead your disqaulified and either way ya loose but thats the breaks..... This can be a very good discution fo sho.....
Back to top Go down
bruce-bruce
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor

PostSubject: Re: ideas form previous shows / finals   finals - ideas form previous shows / finals Icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2009 10:52 am

I could go with that, I mean you already intend on paying for a re run. So go to the lanes with whatever you have turn it on if it works fine, if it dont fine. What it like in my case I pushed it to the lanes and the score was 000.000 but I went up, and ran my time slot. Just couldt get it on for whatever reasons. Just a area I think you wuold want to address now instead of later.
Back to top Go down
Stingraysevenout
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
Stingraysevenout

PostSubject: Re: ideas form previous shows / finals   finals - ideas form previous shows / finals Icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2009 10:53 am

And i know if that would have been the rule you would have put up a small nmber just to get bye bro.... Thats not what im saying i just agre with yalll basically.... Ohhhhhh and women suck
Back to top Go down
bruce-bruce
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor

PostSubject: Re: ideas form previous shows / finals   finals - ideas form previous shows / finals Icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2009 10:56 am

o no, i didnt take it bad, I was just asking, what do you do.

just needs to be clear, SYSTEM MUST POST A SCORE on saturday period. to be elgible for re run on sunday.

ALso I dont think you should be able to REGISTER for any classes on sunday. Only re runs. No sitting back and seeing if you wanna do something else. You want a crack at it, pre register or sat morning by !0am or something.
Back to top Go down
Stingraysevenout
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
Stingraysevenout

PostSubject: Re: ideas form previous shows / finals   finals - ideas form previous shows / finals Icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2009 11:07 am

VERY MUCH AGREEED........ TOOOK THE WORDS OUT OF MY MOUTH...
Back to top Go down
taz
taz

PostSubject: Re: ideas form previous shows / finals   finals - ideas form previous shows / finals Icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2009 11:28 am

agreed.....that would fall into same rule dont run saturday , no rerun sunday.

keep them coming
Back to top Go down
Talonesi
Talonesi

Number of posts : 933

PostSubject: Re: ideas form previous shows / finals   finals - ideas form previous shows / finals Icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2009 11:51 am

i thought in the past it was run saturday or no run sunday. last year at finals i was having MAJOR issues as most of you know. i pushed my truck to the lanes did a stupid low score to post a score pushed it back and got back to work. i thought that is how it worked. I agree preregister by 10 sat and run or no sunday sorry bout your luck. I also think if you havnt checked in pre register or not by 10 sat no run period. if you have flats or mechanical failure on your vehicle and cant make it to the hall by 10am sat then you shoulda left earlier friday or thursday if thats what it takes. if your car is a pos and your driving it to finals leave monday if you think it might blow up. but i did like the time slots only 45 min behind on saturday that Dung Pile rocked. usualy on saturday finals is like 6 hours behind.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ideas form previous shows / finals   finals - ideas form previous shows / finals Icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2009 2:26 pm

FIRST - LET ME SAY JIMBO YOU &$*# WOMEN DO NOT SUCK, well we might but....I am female and gonna kick your wooohoo for that.

SECOND - I like the idea put up number on Sat to re-run Sun and agree 100% even if it is a 110.0; then work on it for the Sun re-run.

I feel this would be very fair to all competitors.

THIRD - I also agree about the competitor meeting and talked alot about it at Finals. The problem is "Will they come?" We might try to have it next year and those that come fine and those that don't well don't "Female dog"!

Fair enough?

FOURTH - I also like the fact that if there is a "Shit Happens" to have a panel to rule either YES or NO on it.

I like that FINALLY you all are letting USACi know what you want and don't want. I think that if you all continue to do this in a proper manner instead of a negative manner you will be heard!

Just my 2 cents, thanks for listening (I hope you listened anyway with me being a woman and all (JIMBO))
Back to top Go down
Stingraysevenout
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
Stingraysevenout

PostSubject: Re: ideas form previous shows / finals   finals - ideas form previous shows / finals Icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2009 2:59 pm

Naw sweetie your in my good graces... So you dont count nor does Jenny
Back to top Go down
supadave
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!
supadave

Number of posts : 3745
Registration date : 2008-02-28

PostSubject: Re: ideas form previous shows / finals   finals - ideas form previous shows / finals Icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2009 8:19 pm

totally agree on the don't run on saturday, no run on sunday rule that is awesome an i think i will keep alot of b/s down an alot of competitors happy.
i like the competitor meeting that is something that i would look forward to setting down an talking face to face an not all the typing an b/s on the forums, don't get me wrong the forums are nice an such but me personally i like the face to face talks better.
Back to top Go down
Stingraysevenout
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
Stingraysevenout

PostSubject: Re: ideas form previous shows / finals   finals - ideas form previous shows / finals Icon_minitimeTue Oct 13, 2009 2:03 am

COCHINO
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ideas form previous shows / finals   finals - ideas form previous shows / finals Icon_minitimeTue Oct 13, 2009 3:53 am

Stingraysevenout wrote:
COCHINO

I got your Cochino now back to topic. I like this finally you all are talking and giving opinions to help us serve you better.
Back to top Go down
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor

Number of posts : 83
Registration date : 2009-04-19

PostSubject: Re: ideas form previous shows / finals   finals - ideas form previous shows / finals Icon_minitimeTue Oct 13, 2009 7:04 pm

members meetings would definitly be the way to go. Rules are rules nd need to be upheld, someone will always cry about something. If usaci intends on growing you will have to make rules and stick with them. There will always be gray areas that will lead to arguements no matter what, but items such as run sat. or don't run sunday can be handled and written in stone. time slots can be set in stone.(great job this year by the way). points set in stone. These are things usaci needs to be firm with, if not people will get upset and "Female dog" and this may turn new competitors away. I little thought for mind...... if you don't play by the rules your a cheater.
Back to top Go down
STREETBEATZ19
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
STREETBEATZ19

Number of posts : 1333
Registration date : 2008-08-07

PostSubject: Re: ideas form previous shows / finals   finals - ideas form previous shows / finals Icon_minitimeTue Oct 13, 2009 8:30 pm

i believe and this might have been said already people break down and things fail... it has happened to me many of times.....
if u can atleast get your car in the lanes and put up a zero as your score at least you ran .. and that would give you the option to re run on sunday
Back to top Go down
jkrob21
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
jkrob21

Number of posts : 1476
Registration date : 2007-06-25

PostSubject: Re: ideas form previous shows / finals   finals - ideas form previous shows / finals Icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2009 10:41 pm

Bruce...I feel ya. I limped into Tulsa on batteries alone as well.

I would like to get the competitor committee involved in USACi again. The "committee section" is still activated on the forum. Do any of you that are already appointed want to jump in and start pooling ideas together?

You guys are welcome to give me a call.

BTW...I really appreciate the loaning of tools and other support that you guys over in the SPL lanes gave me at finals this year.
Back to top Go down
bruce-bruce
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor

PostSubject: Re: ideas form previous shows / finals   finals - ideas form previous shows / finals Icon_minitimeFri Oct 16, 2009 6:24 am

I would be willing to come back into it and even spearhead if need be.
Back to top Go down
sanmans_kitty
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
sanmans_kitty

Number of posts : 289
Registration date : 2007-06-22

PostSubject: Re: ideas form previous shows / finals   finals - ideas form previous shows / finals Icon_minitimeSat Oct 17, 2009 11:19 pm

Funny thing happened Saturday at finals. A newbie came up to Jeff's truck and said "Did I do something wrong?" I looked at him and asked him why he thought that. He said he was ready for finals 2 weeks before and was wondering if he was supposed to wait to build at finals.

Now staying on topic ... I agree with run Saturday even if it is just to get a number. At least everyone sees you are there.

I agree with a "shit happens" committee, perhaps 1 rep from each of the major teams? That way everyone knows someone is not just trying to show up late.

I really liked the time slots... Thanks Jenissa

I also agree we need to have a competitors meeting at finals Saturday night before the after party. Perhaps have a dinner/meeting?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ideas form previous shows / finals   finals - ideas form previous shows / finals Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

ideas form previous shows / finals
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Mobile Audio Competitors Organization :: GENERAL DISCUSSION :: Rules Ideas and Input :: RULES DISCUSSION-
Jump to: