Mobile Audio Competitors Organization
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE LOUDEST SPORT ON EARTH!

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Joint Finals a success. USACI numbers down due to very remote (from USACI) location but better than expected. Results posted on web site.
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» STETSOM 7KD
will most baskets fit on most motors? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2020 7:37 pm by big bass joel

» any blown stetsom 7kd or 2k6d amps for sale
will most baskets fit on most motors? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2020 7:32 pm by big bass joel

» We need the forums back
will most baskets fit on most motors? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2019 2:41 pm by svillarrial

» THIS OLD FORUM IS ALIVE!!!! 6/14/17
will most baskets fit on most motors? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 22, 2017 11:11 pm by 80INCHES

» It's back up !
will most baskets fit on most motors? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2016 7:03 pm by chrisfish

» 2 Atomic apocalypse 12s D4
will most baskets fit on most motors? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2016 12:53 am by supersquirt

» well hello
will most baskets fit on most motors? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2015 5:46 am by TAMU

» WELLLWELLL
will most baskets fit on most motors? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 4:24 pm by Nice

» SLAMBOREE AUG 1 & 2
will most baskets fit on most motors? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2015 12:14 pm by Pro_Mom

Top posters
sanman
will most baskets fit on most motors? Vote_lcapwill most baskets fit on most motors? Voting_barwill most baskets fit on most motors? Vote_rcap 
The_Rowlands
will most baskets fit on most motors? Vote_lcapwill most baskets fit on most motors? Voting_barwill most baskets fit on most motors? Vote_rcap 
chrisfish
Stingraysevenout
scionsoloxb
TECH114
Alan
supadave
Moparbass28
Navi
Statistics
We have 1855 registered users
The newest registered user is Farenheit

Our users have posted a total of 222582 messages in 12665 subjects
Keywords
disc 2010 records crzyblondgrl louisiana dollar build 80inches silence state stereo Johncarr drive record globe pics quad songs chef Audiopipe world contest crank kyle finals broken
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of United States Autosound Competition International on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of Mobile Audio Competitors Organization on your social bookmarking website

will most baskets fit on most motors?

Go down 
+3
supadave
hunterw
Yonderkilla
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Yonderkilla

Number of posts : 45
Registration date : 2009-07-21

will most baskets fit on most motors? Empty
PostSubject: will most baskets fit on most motors?   will most baskets fit on most motors? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 25, 2009 1:30 am

will it efffect the sound if i put a 12" basket and cone on a 18" subwoofer motor or will any motor work with any size basket?
Back to top Go down
hunterw
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
hunterw

Number of posts : 1172
Registration date : 2007-11-04

PostSubject: Re: will most baskets fit on most motors?   will most baskets fit on most motors? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 25, 2009 8:57 am

usaully doesnt matter. very rare case that they have different motors for different size woofers
Back to top Go down
supadave
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!
supadave

Number of posts : 3745
Registration date : 2008-02-28

PostSubject: Re: will most baskets fit on most motors?   will most baskets fit on most motors? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 25, 2009 11:52 am

VEry rare indeed I put some re 12 baskets on some rd alpha 15 motors works the same as long as the mounting holes lineup your in there like booty haire
Back to top Go down
Matt_Sibley
Above Average Contributor
Above Average Contributor

Number of posts : 957
Registration date : 2007-06-25

PostSubject: Re: will most baskets fit on most motors?   will most baskets fit on most motors? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 25, 2009 5:58 pm

Using a different type of basket that "lines up" with the motor may not put the coil in the right spot of the electromagnetic field of the motor and could have mixed results.
Back to top Go down
http://www.us.airliquide.com
Alan
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Alan

Number of posts : 3897
Registration date : 2008-02-05

PostSubject: Re: will most baskets fit on most motors?   will most baskets fit on most motors? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 25, 2009 11:55 pm

yeah if your using drop in recones like most do.. you might want to run it by whoever your getting parts from. but if your working with a MT and are going from a 15 to a 12.. and are staying with a 12 spoke basket like its supposed use. then you should be ok. im just guessing thats what your trying to do ??
Back to top Go down
supadave
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!
supadave

Number of posts : 3745
Registration date : 2008-02-28

PostSubject: Re: will most baskets fit on most motors?   will most baskets fit on most motors? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2009 6:54 am

hey matt don't quite understand how it could misalign the cone if the holes line up ok. oh well i just though if those holes line up an no rubbing in the cone area after recone your good to go. i know i mine came out gravy lol .
Back to top Go down
LUNDY
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor

Number of posts : 73
Registration date : 2007-06-24

PostSubject: Re: will most baskets fit on most motors?   will most baskets fit on most motors? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2009 5:59 pm

Keep in mind changing the position of the coil in the gap be it higher or lower WILL change the T/S parameters COMPLETLEY!
LUNDY
Back to top Go down
LUNDY
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor

Number of posts : 73
Registration date : 2007-06-24

PostSubject: Re: will most baskets fit on most motors?   will most baskets fit on most motors? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2009 6:04 pm

Also if your assembling the recone yourself as I do you have the opp. to match everything to what it was!!! If its a preassembled recone your going to be tied into what it should be for the stock woofer! On a prebuilt recone the spider mounting location is going to be very important!!! that going to Locate EVERYTHING else!!!

LUNDY
Back to top Go down
TeamBudweiser-CG

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2007-08-09

PostSubject: Re: will most baskets fit on most motors?   will most baskets fit on most motors? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2009 2:26 am

LUNDY wrote:
Also if your assembling the recone yourself as I do you have the opp. to match everything to what it was!!! If its a preassembled recone your going to be tied into what it should be for the stock woofer! On a prebuilt recone the spider mounting location is going to be very important!!! that going to Locate EVERYTHING else!!!

LUNDY
Don't listen to this guy. lol!
Back to top Go down
Alan
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Alan

Number of posts : 3897
Registration date : 2008-02-05

PostSubject: Re: will most baskets fit on most motors?   will most baskets fit on most motors? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2009 10:54 am

supadave wrote:
hey matt don't quite understand how it could misalign the cone if the holes line up ok. oh well i just though if those holes line up an no rubbing in the cone area after recone your good to go. i know i mine came out gravy lol .
because just as i and lundy have said.. if you order a recone for a MT 15. it comes prebuilt as a drop in. the coil height is already set and glued. its not a matter of left to right alignment dave, its how high or low the coil sets in the motor. it has to do with the spider landing for example of you take a MT drop in recone thats set up for a 12 spoke 18 basket.. and try to drop in it a 6 spoke baskets like DC and atomic use.. the coil will be setting to low in the gap.. know what im saying ?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: will most baskets fit on most motors?   will most baskets fit on most motors? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

will most baskets fit on most motors?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Mobile Audio Competitors Organization :: GENERAL DISCUSSION :: General Discussion :: GENERAL SOUND COMPETITION DISCUSSION-
Jump to: