Mobile Audio Competitors Organization
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE LOUDEST SPORT ON EARTH!

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Joint Finals a success. USACI numbers down due to very remote (from USACI) location but better than expected. Results posted on web site.
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» STETSOM 7KD
disc - Violin in Track 6 on USACi SQ disc with staging sheet??? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2020 7:37 pm by big bass joel

» any blown stetsom 7kd or 2k6d amps for sale
disc - Violin in Track 6 on USACi SQ disc with staging sheet??? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2020 7:32 pm by big bass joel

» We need the forums back
disc - Violin in Track 6 on USACi SQ disc with staging sheet??? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2019 2:41 pm by svillarrial

» THIS OLD FORUM IS ALIVE!!!! 6/14/17
disc - Violin in Track 6 on USACi SQ disc with staging sheet??? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 22, 2017 11:11 pm by 80INCHES

» It's back up !
disc - Violin in Track 6 on USACi SQ disc with staging sheet??? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2016 7:03 pm by chrisfish

» 2 Atomic apocalypse 12s D4
disc - Violin in Track 6 on USACi SQ disc with staging sheet??? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2016 12:53 am by supersquirt

» well hello
disc - Violin in Track 6 on USACi SQ disc with staging sheet??? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2015 5:46 am by TAMU

» WELLLWELLL
disc - Violin in Track 6 on USACi SQ disc with staging sheet??? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 4:24 pm by Nice

» SLAMBOREE AUG 1 & 2
disc - Violin in Track 6 on USACi SQ disc with staging sheet??? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2015 12:14 pm by Pro_Mom

Top posters
sanman
disc - Violin in Track 6 on USACi SQ disc with staging sheet??? Vote_lcapdisc - Violin in Track 6 on USACi SQ disc with staging sheet??? Voting_bardisc - Violin in Track 6 on USACi SQ disc with staging sheet??? Vote_rcap 
The_Rowlands
disc - Violin in Track 6 on USACi SQ disc with staging sheet??? Vote_lcapdisc - Violin in Track 6 on USACi SQ disc with staging sheet??? Voting_bardisc - Violin in Track 6 on USACi SQ disc with staging sheet??? Vote_rcap 
chrisfish
Stingraysevenout
scionsoloxb
TECH114
Alan
supadave
Moparbass28
Navi
Statistics
We have 1855 registered users
The newest registered user is Farenheit

Our users have posted a total of 222582 messages in 12665 subjects
Keywords
broken disc crank Audiopipe pics world chef quad 80inches crzyblondgrl record silence globe dollar songs 2010 stereo finals louisiana Johncarr kyle records drive state contest build
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of United States Autosound Competition International on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of Mobile Audio Competitors Organization on your social bookmarking website

Violin in Track 6 on USACi SQ disc with staging sheet???

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Matt_Sibley
Above Average Contributor

Number of posts : 957
Registration date : 2007-06-25

disc - Violin in Track 6 on USACi SQ disc with staging sheet??? Empty
PostSubject: Violin in Track 6 on USACi SQ disc with staging sheet???   disc - Violin in Track 6 on USACi SQ disc with staging sheet??? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2009 10:33 pm

The violin in the staging sheet is shown as being left of center. If I draw a straight line in the middle of my room the violin sounds just barely to the left of it, same way in my car. The bell is just on the right of this imaginary line and the piano back and right of the bell. Sometimes the violin sounds dead center or slightly right of center...whats my problem here?

Is it really as far left as shown on the staging sheet? I'm playing with position of my speakers in my livingroom but it never seems to get over to the left where it should be. Whats the trick? Anyone else had this problem? Every other song besides this one seems to put everything where it should be which is why this has baffled me. Thanks!
Back to top Go down
http://www.us.airliquide.com
Cablguy
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
Cablguy

Number of posts : 335
Registration date : 2009-07-28

PostSubject: Re: Violin in Track 6 on USACi SQ disc with staging sheet???   disc - Violin in Track 6 on USACi SQ disc with staging sheet??? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2009 1:37 am

is track 4 and 5 playing correctly ?? and is the stage out on the hood ?? this will make a big difference .. (so I'm told) i'm fairly new at sound quality .. in my truck and on my laptop the violin stays just left of center .. my front fill is out of my truck waiting on fiberglass work .. hopefully be done by sunday ..
Back to top Go down
Matt_Sibley

PostSubject: Re: Violin in Track 6 on USACi SQ disc with staging sheet???   disc - Violin in Track 6 on USACi SQ disc with staging sheet??? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2009 10:28 am

I am playing this on my Focal BE home audio gear. Every other track on this discs seems to do what it should. Just this one song doesn't seem to place things where I think it should.
Back to top Go down
Cablguy
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
Cablguy

PostSubject: Re: Violin in Track 6 on USACi SQ disc with staging sheet???   disc - Violin in Track 6 on USACi SQ disc with staging sheet??? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2009 10:38 am

my home theater system and my truck sound totally different as far as sound stage goes ... could be anything , one weak cable, low rf from headunit, battery power .... amp bias ... i'v had an ossilliscope on my headunit, eq, xover, and front staging amp ... sounds the same ... my first time to go to world finals sound quality competition so i want it to kick ass .....
Back to top Go down
jsketoe
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor

Number of posts : 1587
Registration date : 2007-06-23

PostSubject: Re: Violin in Track 6 on USACi SQ disc with staging sheet???   disc - Violin in Track 6 on USACi SQ disc with staging sheet??? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2009 12:36 am

ever seen a violinist not move while playing?
Yes...Matt, placement IMO is barely left of center.
That bell (crotale) should be way back in the stage and smack center.
Listen to the bite of the bow against the strings...if those frequencies and the impact of the bell both sound like they come from the same depth, you have a problem.
I like to use that track for tonality as well...I've heard 3 tweeters tonally do that track right in the history of my judging.
We aren't using that disc this year though...we didn't last year either.
Back to top Go down
Cablguy
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor
Cablguy

PostSubject: Re: Violin in Track 6 on USACi SQ disc with staging sheet???   disc - Violin in Track 6 on USACi SQ disc with staging sheet??? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2009 4:14 am

just got all of my front speakers back in ... that track sounds awesome ... every instrument is very noticeable ... seperate ... and crystal clear ... why are they not using that disc ????? what are we suppost to tune our systems with ????
Back to top Go down
Matt_Sibley

PostSubject: Re: Violin in Track 6 on USACi SQ disc with staging sheet???   disc - Violin in Track 6 on USACi SQ disc with staging sheet??? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2009 1:56 pm

jsketoe wrote:
ever seen a violinist not move while playing?
Yes...Matt, placement IMO is barely left of center.
That bell (crotale) should be way back in the stage and smack center.
Listen to the bite of the bow against the strings...if those frequencies and the impact of the bell both sound like they come from the same depth, you have a problem.
I like to use that track for tonality as well...I've heard 3 tweeters tonally do that track right in the history of my judging.
We aren't using that disc this year though...we didn't last year either.

I see what you're saying. They definitely aren't at the same depth and the violin does move around near the center, maybe more defined left of center at times. This is why I'm planning to go to Mark's thing in Austin. I need to learn a little more about all of this.
Back to top Go down
jsketoe
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Violin in Track 6 on USACi SQ disc with staging sheet???   disc - Violin in Track 6 on USACi SQ disc with staging sheet??? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2009 8:32 pm

We're using the Focal disc...everything I have heard is such. We used the Focal disc at Tyler as well. It's the disc that we used last year at Finals.
Back to top Go down
jsketoe
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Violin in Track 6 on USACi SQ disc with staging sheet???   disc - Violin in Track 6 on USACi SQ disc with staging sheet??? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2009 8:34 pm

Hey Matt...Mark's class is great...but something you need to do to really get a tonality fix is live unamped music. Find a local Jazz band or orchestra or wind ensemble.
You should go to a UNT Percussion Enseble concert. That would be a good one. And check out a jazz band concert while your there.
I know the percussion instructor at UT Austin also.
Back to top Go down
Matt_Sibley

PostSubject: Re: Violin in Track 6 on USACi SQ disc with staging sheet???   disc - Violin in Track 6 on USACi SQ disc with staging sheet??? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2009 10:51 pm

I went to a performance tonight by the Houston Symphony and I've been to a few jazz performances here in Houston. After going to the symphony things make a little more sense. I worked on speaker placement in my living room a bit and now this track sounds like it should. I can't wait to get back to my house so I can start working on treating the room. I"ve been reading some acoustics books and trying to go to different venues to listen to performances lately. I'm planning on getting my MBA at LSU in a couple years then maybe go to UT-Austin for the MSEE-Acoustics/Electromagnetics program.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Violin in Track 6 on USACi SQ disc with staging sheet???   disc - Violin in Track 6 on USACi SQ disc with staging sheet??? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Violin in Track 6 on USACi SQ disc with staging sheet???
Page 1 of 1