Mobile Audio Competitors Organization
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE LOUDEST SPORT ON EARTH!

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Joint Finals a success. USACI numbers down due to very remote (from USACI) location but better than expected. Results posted on web site.
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» STETSOM 7KD
Possible recone? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2020 7:37 pm by big bass joel

» any blown stetsom 7kd or 2k6d amps for sale
Possible recone? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2020 7:32 pm by big bass joel

» We need the forums back
Possible recone? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2019 2:41 pm by svillarrial

» THIS OLD FORUM IS ALIVE!!!! 6/14/17
Possible recone? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 22, 2017 11:11 pm by 80INCHES

» It's back up !
Possible recone? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2016 7:03 pm by chrisfish

» 2 Atomic apocalypse 12s D4
Possible recone? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2016 12:53 am by supersquirt

» well hello
Possible recone? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2015 5:46 am by TAMU

» WELLLWELLL
Possible recone? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 4:24 pm by Nice

» SLAMBOREE AUG 1 & 2
Possible recone? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2015 12:14 pm by Pro_Mom

Top posters
sanman
Possible recone? Vote_lcapPossible recone? Voting_barPossible recone? Vote_rcap 
The_Rowlands
chrisfish
Stingraysevenout
scionsoloxb
TECH114
Alan
supadave
Moparbass28
Navi
Statistics
We have 1855 registered users
The newest registered user is Farenheit

Our users have posted a total of 222582 messages in 12665 subjects
Keywords
crzyblondgrl quad drive record 80inches dollar louisiana silence records globe kyle world songs chef Johncarr contest stereo crank broken pics Audiopipe disc state 2010 finals build
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of United States Autosound Competition International on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of Mobile Audio Competitors Organization on your social bookmarking website

Possible recone?

Go down 
+6
ibbangin
bruce-bruce
Nice
supadave
Upzaw2000
Yonderkilla
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Yonderkilla

Number of posts : 45
Registration date : 2009-07-21

Possible recone? Empty
PostSubject: Possible recone?   Possible recone? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 1:05 pm

I think i have a broken MT how can i tell? the sound is terrible so i know something is wrong. how can i check and what does a recone cost?
Back to top Go down
Upzaw2000
Above Average Contributor
Upzaw2000

Number of posts : 909
Registration date : 2008-11-03

Possible recone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Possible recone?   Possible recone? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 1:51 pm

call RE prolly 100-150 if they got any...

u can check the coils by reading the ohm loads... is a start
Back to top Go down
supadave
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!
supadave

Number of posts : 3745
Registration date : 2008-02-28

Possible recone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Possible recone?   Possible recone? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 1:53 pm

ohm load would be a start
Back to top Go down
Yonderkilla

Possible recone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Possible recone?   Possible recone? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 2:14 pm

ok so what would the ohm load tell me? if the load is less then 1.7 which is what its supposed to be then something is broken? sorry im pretty new to the world of subwoofers
Back to top Go down
Yonderkilla

Possible recone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Possible recone?   Possible recone? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 2:23 pm

I mean 1.4 ohms and i checked the ohmage and its perfect 1.4 what does that tell me?
Back to top Go down
Nice
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
Nice

Number of posts : 2042
Registration date : 2007-07-13

Possible recone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Possible recone?   Possible recone? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 2:29 pm

Sure it's not your amp?
Back to top Go down
Yonderkilla

Possible recone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Possible recone?   Possible recone? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 2:31 pm

Pretty damn sure.. its a hifonics 1200 rms so its underpowering the sub but its not clipping im 70% sure
Back to top Go down
Nice
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
Nice

Number of posts : 2042

Possible recone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Possible recone?   Possible recone? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 2:55 pm

Check around the edges to make sure the cone didn't come loose anywhere. Also, the the edges of the dustcap and spider as well.
Back to top Go down
Yonderkilla

Possible recone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Possible recone?   Possible recone? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 3:02 pm

yeah i looked around there... i dont really know what to look for but it doesnt look like its disconnected any where and its not port noise... this is really obnoxious....
Back to top Go down
bruce-bruce
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor

Number of posts : 1361
Registration date : 2008-06-25

Possible recone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Possible recone?   Possible recone? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 7:19 pm

my guess is you are underpowering the woofer, and trying to make up for it with your volume knob. Try a bigger box to gain some efficiency.
Back to top Go down
Yonderkilla

Possible recone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Possible recone?   Possible recone? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 7:30 pm

im giving the sub 4 cubes so its not a small box but im pretty sure that this problem isnt coming from power ive got some large gauges getting power to my amp and to my sub. the problem seems to be getting worse.. also it only presents its self over like 25% volume and on notes over around 39 or 40htz
Back to top Go down
ibbangin
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
ibbangin

Number of posts : 1906

Possible recone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Possible recone?   Possible recone? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2009 12:32 am

at first i thought u wanted advice, but now i see that u want to just right off what anyone says..... so i'll take a shot, u blew it cause u think u know more than u really do... also u won't take advice when it's givin so my guess is it will take a alot longer to get where u want be
Back to top Go down
Yonderkilla

Possible recone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Possible recone?   Possible recone? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2009 2:21 am

Jesus Christ ibbangin reread the forum. I have looked into everything that anyone has told me. i havent shot anything down i have just given my input on how possible it is. i dont believe to know more than anyone else but obviously because im the only person with my car and sub im the only person that can "right off what anyone says" its write off btw. me blowing my sub is a diagnosis so i appreciate your input, but its not because i'm a megalomaniac its because i made a mistake or it came broken.
Back to top Go down
ibbangin
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
ibbangin

Possible recone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Possible recone?   Possible recone? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2009 10:26 am

lololololololololololololol
Back to top Go down
supadave
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!
supadave

Possible recone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Possible recone?   Possible recone? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2009 10:39 am

don't ibbangin dude he can be a dick sometimes those world champions can be like that anyway (some of them) lol anywho man you have an re mt that doesn't have any real world specs, anytime you think mt you think bad mofo, that sub is like the baby brother or older brother to the xxx not sure but i do know its up there with it. your gonna need more than 1200 watts an since its a hifonics i am gonna say your prolly shootin at least 1000 or less depends on the model bx or bxi an your voltage. now you didn't say if its a 15 ore whatever size so i am gonna figure its a 15 an say that your still gonnna need to do some more figureing cause if the box is 4 cubes total then your prolly looking at 3 an some change cubes after displacement.
hopes this helps an gets you where you wanna be.
Back to top Go down
SQcrewcab
SQcrewcab

Number of posts : 801
Registration date : 2007-06-23

Possible recone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Possible recone?   Possible recone? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2009 11:21 am

is your woofer wired out of phase? Check your wiring, i know i have seen this before and it sounds fine on low volume but gets nasty (in a bad way) at higher volume.
Back to top Go down
Yonderkilla

Possible recone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Possible recone?   Possible recone? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2009 3:34 pm

Define outta phase? its a complicated wiring seeing as it is a quad. so its possible. whats the easiest way to check the wattage and voltage im getting outta my amp?
Back to top Go down
ibbangin
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
ibbangin

Possible recone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Possible recone?   Possible recone? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2009 9:50 pm

what ohm coils??? and how do u got it wired????
Back to top Go down
ibbangin
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
ibbangin

Possible recone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Possible recone?   Possible recone? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2009 9:51 pm

supadave wrote:
don't ibbangin dude he can be a dick sometimes those world champions can be like that anyway (some of them) lol anywho man you have an re mt that doesn't have any real world specs, anytime you think mt you think bad mofo, that sub is like the baby brother or older brother to the xxx not sure but i do know its up there with it. your gonna need more than 1200 watts an since its a hifonics i am gonna say your prolly shootin at least 1000 or less depends on the model bx or bxi an your voltage. now you didn't say if its a 15 ore whatever size so i am gonna figure its a 15 an say that your still gonnna need to do some more figureing cause if the box is 4 cubes total then your prolly looking at 3 an some change cubes after displacement.
hopes this helps an gets you where you wanna be.

thats harsh
Back to top Go down
ibbangin
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
ibbangin

Possible recone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Possible recone?   Possible recone? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2009 9:56 pm

are u prejudice of world champions???? yea, i think thats what it is.... u hate world champions!!!!! ur like a world champion rascist... being prejudice of race, religion , or gender is one thing, but a world champion hater???? u sick bastard!!!!! lololol
Back to top Go down
Yonderkilla

Possible recone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Possible recone?   Possible recone? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2009 10:03 pm

it has quad 1.4 and i have it wired (i think) down to 1.4 ohms i wired it like 2 dvc subwoofers. the guy from re audio sent me a diagrahm
Back to top Go down
ibbangin
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
ibbangin

Possible recone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Possible recone?   Possible recone? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2009 10:41 pm

so at the amp it reads 1.4???
Back to top Go down
scionsoloxb
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!
scionsoloxb

Number of posts : 4832
Registration date : 2007-06-22

Possible recone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Possible recone?   Possible recone? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2009 11:34 pm

ibbangin wrote:
are u prejudice of world champions???? yea, i think thats what it is.... u hate world champions!!!!! ur like a world champion rascist... being prejudice of race, religion , or gender is one thing, but a world champion hater???? u sick bastard!!!!! lololol
thank god!!! im good. im a 2X world champion... Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
Yonderkilla

Possible recone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Possible recone?   Possible recone? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2009 11:35 pm

i dont know man i have my other subs hooked up and my meter is in another county right now... but when u push up on the surround now im heading a light clicking/crunching coming from somewhere under the spider.
Back to top Go down
ibbangin
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
ibbangin

Possible recone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Possible recone?   Possible recone? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2009 11:38 pm

scionsoloxb wrote:
ibbangin wrote:
thank god!!! im good. im a 2X world champion... Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

ryan , sorry to inform u but that means he really hates u.... maybe u'd be better off if u weren't soo loud.... try to turn it down a notch????
Back to top Go down
scionsoloxb
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!
scionsoloxb

Number of posts : 4832
Registration date : 2007-06-22

Possible recone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Possible recone?   Possible recone? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2009 11:44 pm

damnit Sad Arrow Sad Sad Sad Sad
Back to top Go down
supadave
Thats a Lot of Posts!
Thats a Lot of Posts!
supadave

Possible recone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Possible recone?   Possible recone? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2009 7:38 am

ibbangin wrote:
scionsoloxb wrote:
ibbangin wrote:

ryan , sorry to inform u but that means he really hates u.... maybe u'd be better off if u weren't soo loud.... try to turn it down a notch????

lol lol! lol! lol!
that is too funny bangin i like that a WORLD CHAMPION HATER lol i almost lost my jack an coke, yea i know its early lol.
na i don't hate you world champions to be there one day is a dream of mine why you think i stop being mean to ryan hear lately lol he is the reason i can't stop now but he does need someone to hate on him so he can get louder an when that next person comes along an hate on him i will retire an join TEAM SCIONSOLOX ASS KISSER lol

member 1 lol
Back to top Go down
Yonderkilla

Possible recone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Possible recone?   Possible recone? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2009 7:15 pm

as sick as it is to watch people argue about things i'd perfer to just get my question resolved.. yo all can play grabass somewhere else Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ibbangin
Advanced Contributor
Advanced Contributor
ibbangin

Possible recone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Possible recone?   Possible recone? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2009 11:26 pm

we grab a$$eS everywhere, no a$$ is safe!!!!
Back to top Go down
Yonderkilla

Possible recone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Possible recone?   Possible recone? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2009 11:39 pm

Well thats just unnecessary!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Possible recone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Possible recone?   Possible recone? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Possible recone?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next