Mobile Audio Competitors Organization
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE LOUDEST SPORT ON EARTH!

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Joint Finals a success. USACI numbers down due to very remote (from USACI) location but better than expected. Results posted on web site.
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» STETSOM 7KD
One Seat Car Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2020 7:37 pm by big bass joel

» any blown stetsom 7kd or 2k6d amps for sale
One Seat Car Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2020 7:32 pm by big bass joel

» We need the forums back
One Seat Car Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2019 2:41 pm by svillarrial

» THIS OLD FORUM IS ALIVE!!!! 6/14/17
One Seat Car Icon_minitimeFri Sep 22, 2017 11:11 pm by 80INCHES

» It's back up !
One Seat Car Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2016 7:03 pm by chrisfish

» 2 Atomic apocalypse 12s D4
One Seat Car Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2016 12:53 am by supersquirt

» well hello
One Seat Car Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2015 5:46 am by TAMU

» WELLLWELLL
One Seat Car Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 4:24 pm by Nice

» SLAMBOREE AUG 1 & 2
One Seat Car Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2015 12:14 pm by Pro_Mom

Top posters
sanman
One Seat Car Vote_lcapOne Seat Car Voting_barOne Seat Car Vote_rcap 
The_Rowlands
chrisfish
Stingraysevenout
scionsoloxb
TECH114
Alan
supadave
Moparbass28
Navi
Statistics
We have 1855 registered users
The newest registered user is Farenheit

Our users have posted a total of 222582 messages in 12665 subjects
Keywords
world Johncarr build crank record finals contest disc chef crzyblondgrl state louisiana pics globe silence 80inches stereo drive records 2010 quad dollar songs kyle broken Audiopipe
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of United States Autosound Competition International on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of Mobile Audio Competitors Organization on your social bookmarking website

One Seat Car

Go down 
+4
robrice
Champion
TeamCobra1
BBGIC
8 posters
AuthorMessage
BBGIC
Big Bald Guy in Charge
Big Bald Guy in Charge
BBGIC

Number of posts : 2358
Registration date : 2007-06-22

One Seat Car Empty
PostSubject: One Seat Car   One Seat Car Icon_minitimeSun Aug 16, 2009 9:52 pm

I deleted the last topic. If that upsets you then you are probably one of the reasons it was deleted.

Anyone wanting to leave USACI and take manufacturer support with you in regard to this issue are encouraged to do so as soon as possible.

Stop threatening to on the foums and embarrasing this sport. It is bad for USACI and sound competitions as a whole. I think some of you should stand back and look at the damage you have done here.

Ralph Randall
Back to top Go down
http://www.soundoff.org
BBGIC
Big Bald Guy in Charge
Big Bald Guy in Charge
BBGIC

Number of posts : 2358
Registration date : 2007-06-22

One Seat Car Empty
PostSubject: Re: One Seat Car   One Seat Car Icon_minitimeSun Aug 16, 2009 10:21 pm

Please do not start another topic in regard to the center seat. It will be deleted.
Back to top Go down
http://www.soundoff.org
TeamCobra1
Above Average Contributor
TeamCobra1

Number of posts : 593
Registration date : 2007-08-17

One Seat Car Empty
PostSubject: Re: One Seat Car   One Seat Car Icon_minitimeSun Aug 16, 2009 11:04 pm

Anyone wanting to leave USACI and take manufacturer support with you in regard to this issue are encouraged to do so as soon as possible.

I didn't see anyone threatening to take manufacture support ....I just think it is a serious possibility

Stop threatening to on the foums and embarrasing this sport. It is bad for USACI and sound competitions as a whole. I think some of you should stand back and look at the damage you have done here.

I think usac needs to go back and look at some of its non thought out responses and actions on the subject and see the damage its done

I've always been a big supporter of usac and the people that run it...I think that a car built by the usac rules and is tuned right will kick ass in the other organizations...I love usac and most everything about it but feel that its making a big mistake ....I've made many of friends over the years and will continue to go to the shows but will not complete in a class that it is physically impossible to win...(doing it the right way)....I really hope this don't get deleted because I have said nothing negative ...I know where I came from and its USACi...sorry if I don't agree

Ralph Randall[/quote]
Back to top Go down
Champion
Basic Contributor
Basic Contributor

Number of posts : 384
Registration date : 2009-03-19

One Seat Car Empty
PostSubject: Re: One Seat Car   One Seat Car Icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2009 10:19 am

"When you stand up for what you beleive in, you might stand alone" Dr. Martin Luther King

This is true for both sides of the previous topic......

One person beleives in an idea and is very persistant in obtaining his goal, and evan has stated, "I dont care what anyone thinks, I am doing it for himself"......

Others have stood up in opposition towards his movement, and thus there has been a huge line drawn in the sand and maybe damage has accured that cant be repaired.....

People have stated that some are scared, to compete against it,,, others say that it is like putting a dog into a cat show...

Ultimately shop owners and employees use car audio competition as a way to promote and market them-selves and there stores.....

It is a business, and thats why so many people are outraged.. Whether for or against the idea of a Mono seat car being able to compete against a Stereo seat car......

This issue has carried on for 5 months and now look where we are with it?

Totally uncalled for in every way imaginable from the point of conception till now.....

At the end of the day we all have choices.... If you dont like the way Mcdonalds cooks hamburgers you stop going there.... Mcdonalds would never even notice.....

If you dont like the way Coke tastes, you drink Pepsi, Coke will never notice....

If you dont like the way an Org, runs itself or events you can go to another and play.... but guess what the Org will notice because we as and industry and hobby are getting smaller every year as of late...

So, with this being said, for there to be a place to play, we have to give input to the Orgs so they can grow with our (people on the streets with show cars) needs.....

The Orgs. have to have an open ear and try to meet the needs of its competitors, in order for it to survive....

Everyone has to be a willow tree and be willing to bend a bit......

So if the new movement is everyone building Mono seat cars then the Org needs to address that need..

But if there is only one, why would we allow all of this to happen?

I dont think USACi wants anyone to quit competing nor do they want manufactures to go away, that is obsurb, but what I see is USACi saying enough is enough!

So the question is what is USACi saying enough is enough too?

Its the arguing and fighting and bickering that goes on here.
There is 80 percent negative and 20 percent positive comments on here.... I wish USACI would delete every negative thread and post! But there wouldnt be much left?????

I know that a few people have submitted letters to the Org, stating there views, either for or against this topic....

I feel like there is a place for these mono seat cars, but it isnt in the same lane with Stereo seat cars.....

The rule books are written as a guide to go by.... Some people try to use the rule book as a tool to manipulate the system... this goes for any and all sports etc...

If it is in the rule book it is legal! If it is not in the rule book it is illegal!

USACi,,, please adopt this policy, and most of these kind of issues would never arise....

Just my opinion, I am not trying to be mean, point fingers, stir the pot, make anyone happy or make anyone sad.....

lets all, try not to lose any more respect for individuals or topics than we all, already have.

GARY BIGGS
Back to top Go down
robrice
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
robrice

Number of posts : 130
Registration date : 2009-08-09

One Seat Car Empty
PostSubject: Re: One Seat Car   One Seat Car Icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2009 10:24 am

I agree it is bad for the sport, lots of hard feelings over one intall. I have said my peace and will not post again on this topic.
rob rice
Back to top Go down
Stingraysevenout
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
Stingraysevenout

Number of posts : 6002
Registration date : 2007-06-23

One Seat Car Empty
PostSubject: Re: One Seat Car   One Seat Car Icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2009 11:34 am

Well said , Gary and rob and I agree I know I said some crazy crap too and honestly I should have stayed my assss out of it fo sho!!! I dON'T have a dog in this hunt ! I do agree that we all need to see what is handed down and adjust from there. Hopefully they come up with something that works for us all

Ron I sent u a pm sat not sure if u read it ! Maybe if u get a chance u can. Check it out
Back to top Go down
SQ-LS400
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor

Number of posts : 155
Registration date : 2007-11-27

One Seat Car Empty
PostSubject: Re: One Seat Car   One Seat Car Icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2009 12:12 pm

Friend"ship" - smooth sailing when the water is calm but when a storm brews it tends to sail away

For some reason I hear the song "True Colors" by Cindy Lauper playing when the ship sails away also.

It isn't fun watching "friends" fight (I think some friend"ship" has sailed away in the process).
Back to top Go down
Mark Eldridge
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
Mark Eldridge

Number of posts : 81
Registration date : 2008-07-25

One Seat Car Empty
PostSubject: Re: One Seat Car   One Seat Car Icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2009 12:23 pm

I don't see any friendships sailing away over this... At least I hope not... They won't be from my end...

I appologize if anything I said encourages anyone to feel the need to not compete in USACi events. My intent has NEVER been to do so.

My intentions have been expressly to push for the best possible classification for center seat cars, and to validate why I believe it is very important to not try to compete center seat and two seat cars in the same class. My intent has only been to create the best scenario for all competitors to be on level, but possibly different, playing fields.

I never said to not allow center seat cars to compete, only to create a separate class for them. I also think if it were an open class, so that any competitor can enter, even with their regular two seat car if they desire, we could see if the class does grow.

I am also very interested in the continued growth of SQ competition. It almost died completely a couple of years ago, and we have seen some return in interest in 2008 and 2009, and I want to see that continue. One of my main concerns with this issue is that bringing center seat cars into the same class(es) as two seat cars will create a road block in the higher classes, and it will ripple down through the other classes, stopping competitors from voluntarily moving up in class, or worse, chasing them out altogether.

Like Mickey, Gary, and Rob, I have been a long-time loyal USACi competitor and advocate. We are each very passionate about car audio competition, and that comes out in any discussions regarding SQ competition. I also compete in the Expert division, which is the class being immediately and directly affected by this issue. Therefore, I feel it has been appropriate for me to address the subject directly.

Unfortunately, written internet forum discussions are missing 90% of real communication, which is the visual in seeing the other person when they are talking, and in the verbal and tonal inflections. Many times, someone will write something with one intent, but because it is strictly in written form, someone else reading it may take it an entirely different way.

I don't remember in any of my posts directly attacking anyone, their motives, or their beliefs. If anyone took anything I posted as a personal attack on them, then I appologize, as it was not intended in that manner.

I did, and will continue to directly address issues that I believe strongly in, and will voice my opinion, which I always try to base on facts, with the intent of making SQ competition better. And I will disagree with some, and agree with others. And if I express dissapointment with a decision, or how an issue is being handled, you can be fully confident that it is not a personal vendetta against anyone. It is simply an expression of disagreement, and is something that would happen in any discussion.

Anyhow...

Ralph, you know how passionate I am about SQ competition, and my intent is solely to push for the best for USACi SQ Competition.

I am even more passionate about making car audio systems sound good, and building that part of the car audio industry, which is what we all need to continue making a living in this industry, whether its as a retailer, manufacturer, show promoter, etc.

I'd still like to see you guys next weekend in Little Rock at the seminar. Maybe we can do a "beer summit" or something... But be aware, I don't cover how to make center seat cars sound good. We only cover two seat cars... Smile

Regardless of what position anyone takes on this issue, I still look forward to seeing everyone at events in the future. We can atleast agree to disagree, and move on from there.

Mark Eldridge
Back to top Go down
OnYrMrk
OnYrMrk

Number of posts : 893
Registration date : 2007-11-04

One Seat Car Empty
PostSubject: Re: One Seat Car   One Seat Car Icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2009 12:39 pm

I guess I am getting the back end of this conversation.

I am currently building a "stereo" car to compete in ProQ and eventually will be in Advanced Expert. It may image great in stereo but the difference is night and day for a mono seat car.

I am not afraid to compete against one, but, if this is a mono car, then the seat rails should lay across the floor instead of up and down. Meaning that the seat should lock into place on the driver's side, then be able to lock into place by sliding over to the passenger side. It cannot lock into place in the middle of the car. This way it is still a Mono seat car, but is being judged by a driver seat judge and a passenger seat judge.

I don't know whether I want to compete against a single seat car...but the rules state "The competitor must present the sound quality judge a seating position that closely approximates the normal seated position while operating the vehicle. The sound quality judge must judge the
vehicle seated in the seat placement presented by the competitor. If the judge feels that this position will not allow him or her to accurately score the vehicle or is unrealistic, the head judge will determine if the seating position is unrealistic. The sound quality judge may NOT adjust the seat or seating position to personal tastes
."

Now I realize this is concerning the position the seat is placed in, but what is an unrealistic seating position....in the middle, set back so far you can't reach the pedals. Maybe my ideas are a bit far fetched. I don't know.

A single seat car should be used by the shop or manufacturer as a testament to their fabrication ability, but shouldn't be competing against cars that are set up for two - seat judging. I agree with Mark in that we should look at a possibility of a single seat class. Have it an open class for any level of fabricator/competitor. It just needs to be separate from cars that are built as two-seat cars.

My car will be in the advanced expert competition and it is a daily driver. I cannot afford to build it as a single seat car to keep up with other single seat cars then have it licensed by the state of oklahoma for street duty. It just isn't feasible.

Ralph, I would like to call you and discuss this with you if you have the time. Please let me know if you can. You can reach me through email: Joe@ddaudio.com

Take care all.
--Joe
Back to top Go down
http://www.scentsy.com/wallis
TeamCobra1
TeamCobra1

Number of posts : 593
Registration date : 2007-08-17

One Seat Car Empty
PostSubject: Re: One Seat Car   One Seat Car Icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2009 1:26 pm

I don't see any friendships being lost... but competition is competition and when I think a rule is a step in the wrong direction or is just stupid I will voice my opinion...chris will be the first to tell anyone that when we talked about doing a center seat car I was against the idea and would fight against it...I think that the whole pushing the envelope theory is bs because Steve Brown has already done center drive vehicles one was the suv with the stadium seats and the turn table seat bmw...now those were pushing the envelope and his car will never get that crazy...

no friendship lost here
Back to top Go down
Stingraysevenout
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
Stingraysevenout

One Seat Car Empty
PostSubject: Re: One Seat Car   One Seat Car Icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2009 3:43 pm

None here for me hell i got an excuse im retarded getting my check FINALLY next week for it.....

Dont any of you guys leave i like watching your guys buttts while yall work... Shhhhhhhh dont tell anyone.

Mickey you need to come down here sometime if you ever get any free time... Its time for some pool and smoke foool.

Mark i ummmmmm sent or tried to send you a pm and it said you dont except them?????????????????? Muychingon.... JK
Back to top Go down
Mark Eldridge
Novice Contributor
Novice Contributor
Mark Eldridge

Number of posts : 81
Registration date : 2008-07-25

One Seat Car Empty
PostSubject: Re: One Seat Car   One Seat Car Icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2009 11:06 pm

Jimbo, I got one from you this weekend, and replied to it as well. Did you send another???

Mark Eldridge
Back to top Go down
Stingraysevenout
I own this joint!
I own this joint!
Stingraysevenout

One Seat Car Empty
PostSubject: Re: One Seat Car   One Seat Car Icon_minitimeTue Aug 18, 2009 12:53 am

Yes i tried and it said you couldn't get them. The forum did that to me once they had to change something .... I thought it was VERY weird since i was replying back.... Wasnt a big deal i was just Rambling. But wanted to let you know it was saying that incase you were not getting any pm's
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

One Seat Car Empty
PostSubject: Re: One Seat Car   One Seat Car Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

One Seat Car
Page 1 of 1